Otherworldly Darkness [Book 5]

By chiskey56

Declan and Owen have been together for as long as anyone could remember. They knew they were mates before the... More

Duat.
Set.
New Home.
Getting To Know You...
Guess Who's Staying For Dinner.
Daddy Issues.
Best Dessert Ever.
A Lazy Day.
More Family Drama...Of Course.
The Morning After.
Set Who?
Nice To Meet You.
Smut!
Problem Solving.
Finding Our Inner Wolves.
A Trip To Remember.
A Family Reunion Of Sorts.
Just Another Day.
Meanwhile...At Home.
Gone Feral.
Great Escapes and a Mate Named Xerxes.
Just Fluff and Stuff.
Playtime?
Welcome Back.
Remember?
Unexpected Visitors.
A Family Affair.
Not sure yet.
Turning Point.
It Begins.
Almost...
Finale [Part 1]
Finale[Part 2]
Next Book!!

A New Family Addition.

8K 379 100
By chiskey56

"Are you guys alright?" Nicholai questioned us worriedly. His eyes were wide as he stared down at me patiently waiting for an answer. It was obvious that he was hopeful it would work and now that I was feeling more myself a little mischievous plan formed in my mind.

'Follow my lead.' I told Owen.

"Who are you?" I questioned narrowing my eyes in confusion at Nicholai. Soft gasps echoed around the room as my eyes flickered over to Owen who was cringing away from Damien, in fake fear, who tried to reach out to him.

"Oh Zeus! What did you do Hermes? He's lost all his memories!" He shouted before lunging at Hermes who squeaked and disappeared. He reappeared on the other side of the room holding up his hands in surrender just as Damien shifted and growled lowly at him.

"I don't know what happened! It should have worked!" He shouted in a panic.

"Then what went wrong?" Nicholai questioned punctuating each word.

"I don't kn-" He began and a warning growl from Damien shut him up.

'Stop torturing them Love.' Set sighed over our link. 'They might end up killing your Uncle.'

"Daddy!" Owen squealed as he jumped from the chair and launched himself at Mateus. He opened his arms wide for his boy as Owen wrapped his arms around our dad who in turn wrapped him tightly in a hug breathing deeply as he tried to keep himself from crying.

Damien's wolf whined lowly as he bounded over to the two of them waiting for his turn. Nicholai turned towards me and glared knowing that it was probably my choice to mislead them. His glare softened as he stared at me and then he quickly walked over and pulled me out of the chair and straight into the tightest hug ever. 

"Dad....Can't...Breathe..." I choked out.

"That's your punishment for putting me through all this hell." He muttered as he squeezed me even tighter.

"Kill him after I get my hug." Imani teased as he pried Nicholai's arms from around me. Silently I thanked him but took it back as soon as he did the same thing to me. Didn't they know I needed to breathe to live? Apparently not as Mateus snatched me away from Imani seconds later. I was being passed around and a quick glance to my side told me that Owen was suffering the same fate except he seemed to enjoy all the attention.

"Pup..." Damien growled lowly as I was handed off to him.

"Yes dad?" I replied cautiously hoping he wasn't angry about the little prank just now.

"I missed you so much. Don't do that ever again? Do you understand me?" He sniffled as he wrapped his large arms around me pulling me into his massive chest. One hand moved to the back of my head and there I stood wrapped in my father's loving embrace as he held me close.

"Well I will sure try my best." I chuckled as I tried to pull away from him.

"That's not what I asked." He growled lowly trying to show me how serious he was as he held me close.

"I can't promise that dad and you know it. But just for you I will try my hardest to never get kidnapped by some deranged family member, passed off to an Uncle I hate and held against my will while my mates get tortured because of me again." I snapped and pulled away from him in his stunned moment.

Without another thought I shifted out of my clothes and sprinted from the room. As I ran my minds replayed what just happened and I couldn't help but cringe at what I just said. It wasn't his fault that all this happened so why was I snapping at him like it was?

Because a disgusting excuse for a son. That voice sneered and I admit I had completely forgotten about it until just now. I stopped my running through the forest and planted my wolfy ass down on the ground. I wasn't going to be dealing with this anymore. I may have been confused and weak before but I know who I am now and it's time for this person to know the same.

Listen, you don't know me and I advise that you stop whatever you're doing regardless of what that pathetic excuse of an Alpha told you. I spoke in my mind to the voice knowing she could hear my thoughts.

Wh-What? She stammered surprised at my response to her.

You heard me. You don't know me and now that I remember exactly what I've been through and who I am I'm not taking this shit from anyone. Especially not some wannabe witch who can barely do her job. I laughed knowing that I was certainly going to get an earful in a second.

I've done my job better than you think! I'm more competent than everyone thinks! She snapped. You didn't even know that I had spiked all your food with my little werewolf concoction did you? She boasted proudly.

I didn't know but now I do. I smiled suddenly enjoying this little cat and mouse game we had going on. By the way, your voice sounds so much different now. How old are you witchy?

It was true, her voice was definitely different now that she was all flustered. Before her voice was eeirly haunting and she sounded mature but now it was squeaky and annoyed. There was something about the mere sound of her voice that triggered something in me.

Don't worry about it Alpha. She sneered the last part as if the word itself was a disgusting thing.

Well, you see I have to worry about it because although I am quite ruthless when defending my own and myself I would never steep as low as that so called Alpha you're working for. Women and children are off the table for me.

You were serious before? It sounded as if the question wasn't meant for me to hear but instantly took back her words when she realized that I had indeed heard her. I mean don't act like you're so innocent. I know what you've done and you can lie to me all you want but you will never be trusted.

Wait? What do you mean? I've never done anything to anyone. I questioned standing back up, I could sense a powerful presence headed my way and I wasn't in the mood to talk just yet. I had already blocked off all my connections to my mates and my family and I knew they would kill me for it but when I figured all this out I'd head back.

My paws thudded against the soft ground beneath them as my wolf carried me away from whoever had entered the forest after me. We made a few wide circles leaving our scent wherever we could to throw off our followers. A stream ahead made it even easier as we padded into the freezing cold water. My wolf whined and complained but Xerxes understood that we had to do this for us and our mates.

We plodded through the water as quickly and as quietly as possible. Our soaking wet fur weighed us down as we made our way about a mile in the calm water. All the while trying to figure out what the witch meant.

You know what I meant! She shouted in my mind hearing my thoughts once again. My Alpha told me what you did to your parents. You were a savage back then and you weren't even old enough to shift properly. That's why we had to keep you weak physically and mentally.

You definitely have a way of telling on yourself. I smiled to myself knowing that she had already explained most of my Uncle's plan to me. Slowly I was able to start piecing some things together like the fact that my Uncle was clearly afraid that I would claim my rightful spot as Alpha. He was also spreading lies about me throughout the pack.

Shit. She cursed. You tricked me.

I simply let you talk. You told me what you wanted to tell me and as for your Alpha and your misconceptions about me I can clear that up quiet easily. Your Alpha lied. Plain and simple. My mate and I were out at the age of seven in the woods when a group of rogue wolves led by your beta attacked us, mere children. That scar that he carries on his face now was caused by me as a child when he threatened us.

When our parents came out to stop what was happening they were ambushed and practically killed in front of us. Soon after the attack my Uncle, your current Alpha, took control of the pack and we ran away after we were shunned by everyone. I see now that they were told the same lies that you were. My parents were killed by that monster who you so blindly follow. I sneered now feeling the anger coursing through my blood.

How dare that man spread lies like that? I may not remember my parents as much as I would like to but I know how I felt about them. I loved them more than I could ever express as a child and it was his fault that we had lost our parents and on top of it he had the nerve to tell those lies.

H-He lied? She questioned.

Well he is a ruthless dictator and not a true Alpha so I believe the answer to that question is yes. Why don't you just tell me who you are and why you're doing this? I questioned her although I had an idea of who it might be.

No, you're just lying to me. You'll try to kill me. Why would you help me after I've put you through so much pain? Why would anyone ever want to help me? She sighed sounding broken. That Uncle of mine had caused so much damage within that pack and I probably didn't even know half of what he's done to them.

Why are you helping out my Uncle? I questioned out of curiosity. She didn't sound as ruthless and cruel as she wanted me to think she was. She just sounded lost and confused at this point.

Why do you care? She snapped.

I want to help you. I don't think you're a horrible person, just mislead and lied to. I replied as I laid down in the sun after climbing out of the chilly water. Xerxes silently thanked me as we stretched out drying our fur. I knew that we were still being tracked and that we wouldn't be able to stay there long but I had bought us some time by running through the water.

He knows where my parents are. I just want my parents back, that's it. He said he'd help me if I helped him. She explained.

Somehow I just knew that he wasn't going to help her. If he wouldn't even help his own brother he wasn't going to help some stranger. He was just using her and she was so blinded by the hope that she'd find her family that she didn't even see it.

He's not going to help you.

What do you know? He said he would help and he will. She snarled.

I know enough to know that the same man that has tried to destroy everything in his own nephew's life for no reason whatsoever isn't going to help some stranger just because she's helped him out a little bit.

You're right... She replied sadly. It had finally set in that he wasn't going to be helping her anytime soon.

So are you ready to tell me who you are now? I questioned the young witch as I stood up with my now dry fur. Lazily I walked deeper into the forest biding time until I was finally caught.

Eva. It's me Eva. She replied after a moment of hesitation.

I had a feeling it was you. I smiled knowingly.  Now where are you at?

Why? You shouldn't come back onto this territory. If you do he won't let you go as easily this time. She answered in a panic.

Because I want to help you. For whatever reason I know that I need to protect you and I'm going to start by getting you out of there. You don't belong there helping out that man. Do me a favor and go into the forest. Once there find a stream and just wait there for me.

I remembered exactly how we escaped and I even remember that stream and if I was correct now that we mated with Set I should be able to do exactly what he does. I would just have to practice a little first.

"You up for this Xerxes?" I questioned him. He let out an excited bark inside me and I shifted right there on the spot. I was hoping and praying that no one actually came this far into the woods because I was standing bare ass naked about to practice transporting myself from one spot to another.

Although I was a quick learner and when I put my mind to something I was sure to figure it out I had no clue on where to even start when it came to using Set's magic. So as much as I didn't want to I let down the barriers that I had on my mind so that I would be able to communicate with my mates long enough to ask Set how he does it. I could feel it the moment I let my barriers down. It was as if everyone had flooded into my mind trying to find me.

'Decky! Decky! Can you hear me? Please answer us.' Owen's soft voice sounded in my mind and it sounded as if he was on the brink of tears.

'Declan just answer us we won't talk about anything that you don't want to talk about. We just need to know you're safe.' Nicky's voice echoed in my mind.

'I'm sorry pup just come home.' Damien's heartbroken voice was the one that really hurt me. I hadn't meant to hurt him by running away but now that I was trying to fix this problem I couldn't afford to go back until I solved it.

'I'm fine. Everyone please stop all talking at once, it's giving me a headache.' I groaned pinching the bridge of my nose.

'Declan! We were so worried. Just tell us where you are and we'll come get you.' Mateus was the first to respond.

'I need to talk to Set one on one first. Can you do that Set?' I questioned him knowing that with his powers as a god he could set up a one on one link between the two of us.

'Anything for you Love.' He answered over a separate link in my mind.  Immediately I put up barriers around the links that connected me to my family for fear that they would somehow be able to track me through it.

'Set, I need to know how you teleport using that little sand whirlwind of yours.'

'Why? Where are you planning on going?'

'I'm not going anywhere but I need to bring someone here.' I explained.

"Who are you trying to bring here Love?" He questioned from behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me back into his broad chest. His presence behind me startled me considering I thought I had done a pretty good job of hiding myself.

"How'd you find me?" I questioned.

"Oh I can always find you Love." He laughed, a truly melodic sound echoing in my ear. "Now answer my question."

"Do you remember Eva?" I questioned spinning around in his arms to face him.

"The girl that brought us food when we were being held captive?"

"Yeah, her. I need to bring her here." I told him staring up into those expressive eyes. He frowned and remained silent for a minute or two thinking things over.

"Why?" He questioned after a while. So for the next five or so minutes I explained it all to him. I told him about the voice and how I doubted myself and why it took me so long to come back to them when I went feral. I explained how I figured out it was Eva and everything that I knew about her as we sat there on the forest floor.

"Are you sure we can trust her?" He questioned me. 

"I just feel like I need to protect her." I replied. It was the only reason I could really come up with.

"Well I trust your judgment so if you think it's what you need to do then I'll help you." He answered pressing his lips to my forehead sweetly. "But before that how about we get you some clothes?"

In a wave of his hand he had produced some of the clothes that I was used to wearing back in Duat. It was a long flowy white tank top kind of shirt that was practically sheer and a pair of black harem pants. Set smiled as he handed the outfit over to me as I rolled my eyes at his choice of clothes.

"As fun as it is seeing you naked there's just something about dressing you up in these type of clothes that gets my heart beating faster." He spoke up as I began to slip my foot into the bottoms. As I finished getting dressed Set just stood there admiring me.

"So tell me how to do the whole sand transporting thing." I demanded.

"Alright, you really need to focus considering it's your first time. What you want to do is close your eyes and picture the person you're trying to transport. It's best if she was in a specific place that you could picture as well." He began to explain.

"She is." I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

"Alright well picture that place the best you can and picture her standing there. Now reach out using my power and just sort of find her." He explained.

"Really?" I laughed. "That's a terrible explanation."

"Well I don't know I've been doing this for so long that I don't really remember how to do it, I just do it." He answered with a light laugh.

"Alright I'll try because I want to learn but if it doesn't work you're bringing her here yourself." I replied.

"Okay, deep breath and concentrate. Focus on Eva and pull her through just like this..." He muttered off and I heard a loud yip at the bottom of my feet. Opening my eyes and looking down I caught sight of Owen's wolf on his back staring up at me with his legs in the air as if he was about to get a belly rub.

"Aren't I supposed to be focusing? As much as I love Owen he's one of the best distractions I know." I smiled bending down and scratching my nails across Owen's belly. He growled lowly in appreciation as he tongue flopped out his mouth and his eyes closed.

"Yeah you are but I was trying to try and remember how to really do it. I can't seem to remember so we're just going to have to wing it and if you bring back the wrong person we'll just have to send them back before they kill us." He shrugged.

"That's reassuring." I smiled as I pulled my hand away from Owen's belly. 

"Well that's life Love. So how about we try all over again?" He smiled widely as Owen bounced up and ran over to him. He plopped back down on the ground in front of Set and watched to see what I was about to do.

With a deep breath I closed my eyes and focused just like Set had explained. I figured I'd focus on the connection that we had with Set and I found that the more I concentrated on it the more I could feel it as a piece of me, integrating more with my wolf. It felt like it was supposed to be a part of me.

I pictured Eva standing there by the stream like I asked. Her short hair being messed up by the little gusts of wind that would come out of nowhere. The sound of the stream as it softly lapped at the banks. The wind blew once again and it was if I could smell the damp smell of Earth as well as the other faint smells that the wind carried the forest. She was standing there in an old yellow shirt that had certainly seen better days and a pair of ratted up shorts that fell to just above her knees.

Her arms were crossed over her chest and she was looking around every so often, probably being cautious of what was going to happen. She sighed loudly and reached up, pushing some of her hair out of her face. Some animal must have stepped on a fallen tree branch because the quiet of the forest was interrupted and her head snapped to the side, worry etched into her features.

Stop looking so worried. I chided her and then laughed when I watched her turn around in a huge circle trying to figure out where I was.

Where are you? She questioned me.

Don't worry about where I am. Just stay still and remember to breathe.

Wh-

I didn't let her finish instead it was as if that new piece of me knew exactly what I wanted. The ground around her feet began to pick up a little and a mini sand storm started up at her feet. She gasped and began swatting at the sand. She was about to move but I reminded her not to. She stopped moving and stood there with her eyes clenched closed waiting for her fate.

The sand completely swallowed her up and I could sense her breathing picking up with every breath. She was scared it was obvious. She had no idea what was going on and for a second I remembered the first time we were transported by the mini sand swirl of death.

It was odd but it was as if I could feel her being pulled through time and space. It was definitely strange having this much power and being able to do these sorts of amazing things. Instantly I wanted to try out all these new sorts of powers and I was definitely going to have to find a time to do it.

"You did it! Love you're truly amazing." Set cheered as my eyes popped open while he picked me up and twirled me around happily. After being set back down on my feet and once the dizziness passed I looked up to see Eva on the ground with Owen simply lying on top of her keeping her in place.

"He's so heavy..." She groaned.

"See I told you!" Set laughed.

"Please stop calling my mate fat." I smiled as I walked over to where Owen laid staring up at me with those big blue eyes. "Owen you have to get up off her." 

His snort of rebellion told me that he didn't really want to. Set explained to me that he had filled Owen in on what was happening while I was focusing on trying to bring Eva over. Owen apparently wasn't convinced that she was trustworthy.

'What if she's still working for your Uncle.' He whined inside my mind.

"If she is then we'll deal with it but I feel the need to protect her." I tried to explain.

'I do too...' He sighed.

"Same here."Set announced raising his hand in the air.

"Well if that's the case you should probably stop suffocating her before she dies." I pointed out to Owen. With a huff he stood up and Eva took a deep breath of air as she glared at Owen. He shook out his fur and took a step to the side so that he was looking at her, watching her every move.

"Ho-How did you do th-that?" She questioned looking up at me.

"Don't worry about how I did what I just did. Let's get back to the house and we can talk there." I cut off Set who was ready to explain everything to her. He glared at me, probably annoyed with being cut off but I didn't want her knowing what we were until I knew that everything was safe. "Set? Can you do the honors?"

"Certainly Love." He grinned and one minute the sand was swirling at our feet and in the next second we were standing inside the living room with my fathers sitting there waiting for us.

"Really? Who's cleaning up all that sand?" Nicholai groaned as we took a seat on one of the empty couches.

"Not me. I did it the last time." Damien shouted. "I vote for Imani, he doesn't clean anything." 

"What? I clean up all the time. I clean our room almost everyday because you and Mateus have problems with putting away your clothes." He grumbled.

"Hey! I put my clothes away." Matues shouted defensively.

"No you toss them at the closet door and hope it makes it in." Nicholai glared at him.

"Isn't that the same thing?" Damien questioned with a smirk.

"No." Imani glared.

"Fine, whatever. How about we get back to more important matters. Like our sons and son-in-law and the strange girl who just appeared out of nowhere." Damien answered.

"Before we start talking I want to tell you guys how sorry I am. I shouldn't have run off like that. It wasn't anything you did I was just going through some things," I looked over at Eva who grimaced and avoided making eye contact with me. "...and I didn't know how to deal."

"You know we can never stay mad at you. Even when you and your siblings did truly horrific things we could never stay mad at any of you for too long." Nicholai grinned at me.

"Wait, these are you dads? You have four dads?" Eva questioned as she looked between the four of them in shock.

"Yes, this is Nicholai, Imani, Damien, and Mateus. All four of them are our dads and we have two other siblings, Rue and Kaya. Where are they by the way?" I questioned just realizing that I hadn't seen them at all since I woke up.

"They'll be back soon. We sent them out originally to find out what to do about you being feral since we weren't sure what would bring you back and then they ran into some problems with Rue but Kaya told us they'd be back soon." Imani explained.

"Now that we've cleared that up who is this?" Mateus questioned.

"This is Eva." I said gesturing to Eva who looked up briefly and then looked back down shyly. 

"Hello." She mumbled and Damien cooed at her and her cuteness before I continued.

"And she's your granddaughter." I finished and the silence ensued.

********************************************************************

What do you think? Like it or don't let me know what you feel!!

Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 252 15
*DISCONTINUED* "What are the stars telling you tonight?" Declan Marcs and Seth Clearwater were made for one another, but the world was not made for t...
349K 20.2K 22
Bailey has met his future husband.
403 0 16
Zach and Colby are very flirty friends that constantly get shipped together. What happens when they get paired together to share a cabin on a week lo...
If Only By MenaGood_

Teen Fiction

4.5K 243 8
Ian and Ryan are identical twin brothers but not everybody knows this because they got separated at an early age when their parents got divorced, wit...