The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 41

655 22 14
By yourneighbourhoodcow

Hey guys! Here is chapter 41! Not to long, but I hope you like it. Make sure to vote and comment!

Enjoy!

(Amelia's Point of View)

"Hey you are gonna do great!" I say as I rub Ethan's hand.

"Are you sure? What if I miss a catch? Or what if I-" He starts saying as he clutches my hand tightly.

"You won't. You play great all the time." I say with a little smile on my face.

You may be wondering what is happening? So let me fill you in, we were at Ethan's last game of the school year. And he was having pre-game anxiety, which is completely normal if you ask me. So here we are, sitting on the bleachers just a few minutes before his game, me sitting sideways on his lap, my legs dangling in between him as one of his arms are curled around my waist, the other intertwined with my hand.

"Really. But what if-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his.

He immediately kisses me back, pulling me closer to him and I feel his muscles relax. I pull away after a few seconds and I see him open his eyes. He seems calmer than before.

"The things love does to you." I hear Chase sigh. I furrow my eyebrows and look at Chase. "Oh, before you, Ethan here used to punch two lockers to reduce his pregame anxiety most times. Now look at him now, kissing his girlfriend and acting all lovey dovey." Chase smirked.

"Oh shut up." Etha grumbled as he put his face on my shoulder. I picked up our intertwined hands and placed a small kiss on the back of his hand. "You will do great. I know it." I say.

He is extra nervous right now. Maybe because it's the last game of the season and their coach wants them to do extra good for some scholarships for people who didn't get some yet. Ethan being team captain has to make sure the team wins and try his level best to have a good game plan.

"Thank you." Ethan says just as the coach starts calling all the team members for a 'pep talk'. "I love you." He says and pecks my lips. "I love you too." I smile as he lifts me off his lap and sets me on the seat.

"Also I love your shirt. But can't wait to take it off of you tonight." He whispers huskily in my ear before running off with his teammates, leaving me red faced. I look down at the shirt I am wearing which happens to be his spare jersey, which is huge on me. His last name is on my back in big bold letters.

I feel someone sit beside me and I turn to see Madison sitting next to me. "Where is Lucas?" I ask her. "How am I supposed to know?" She mumbles and by the look in her eyes I know something is wrong.

"What is wrong? Did something happen?" I ask. She looks at me and groans. "Yes yes it did. Lucas is bloody confusing. After we kissed he doesn't even look at me. Today I managed to get him to talk to me, and what did he say. I am sorry it was a in the moment thing. And then he leaves and ignores me again. And what makes it hard was he showed signs of liking me. Was he leading me on?" She groans.

My eyebrows furrowed at that. He ignored her and then told her it was a mistake... God that was a jerk move. "I just don't get it. Boys are so confusing." She whines. "Hey, it's fine. If it helps I will talk to him later?" I ask. "You will?" She asks, her eyes brightening up and I nod. She squeals and hugs me, just as the game begins.

~~~

Ethan's team won. I see all his teammates run to the middle of the field and throw their helmets off as they jump in victory. I squeal happily and stand up, clapping my hands along with the crowd.

Ethan's eyes scan through the crowd until they land on me. He grins at me, and gestures for me to come towards him. I smile back at him before walking down the bleachers and walking towards him.

I don't run on purpose, and walk slowly and I see him frown when he notices what I am doing. I grin cheekily at him and he sighs and walks towards me instead. When he reaches me, he wraps his arms around me and kisses me, causing me to giggle.

"We won!" He whisper-yelled happily. "You did." I say as I smile. "I told you that you would." I add. "Of course I would, you are my lucky charm." He winks and I blush. "WE WON!" Chase and Andrew's voice breaks us out of the little bubble we were in.

I turn my eyes away from Ethan and look at the two idiots who are grinning from ear to ear. "You won!" I repeat. They nod their heads like dorks and open their arms for me to hug them.

I pull away from Ethan causing him to frown and hug both the boys. I pull away with a scrunched up nose. "You guys stink." I say. They raise their eyebrows and smell their sweaty armpits before their face scrunches up in disgust.

"Your right. We are gonna go hit the showers." Andrew says before the both of them walk away and towards the shower room. Ethan again wraps his arms around me and I slap his chest lightly. "Go take a shower. You stink too." I say as I look up at him.

"Mhm." He says as he makes no attempt to let go of me, instead he lifts me up and buries his face in the crook of my neck. I was up in the air and I looked down and my eyes widened when I saw how high up I was. Okay maybe not a lot, but still. I wrapped my legs around Ethan's waist, scared I might fall.

"Ethan seriously. Everyone is going and taking a shower. You should go too." I mumble into his neck. "Right. Also we have an after party to go to. I promise we won't stay there for long and maybe just an hour. Two hour tops." He says as he places me down gently. I nod and he pecks my lips before jogging off with the rest of the guys towards the shower rooms.

A smile comes onto my face as I see his figure disappear and then I turn around and see Madison standing behind me, causing me to jump slightly. "How do you get a guy so whipped?" She asks me with a dreamy look. I blushed at that, "What do you mean?" I ask.

"The guy practically kisses the ground you walk on." She says with a smile. "No he doesn't." I mumble. "He does and you know it." She says with a small chuckle. "Whatever." I mumble as I take a hold of her arm and gently drag her into the school hallways and towards the locker rooms.

I stand outside the door, waiting for my handsome boyfriend to come out. I see him walking towards the exit, talking to Andrew and Chase with a smile on his face. He turned his face and looked at me. He smiled and winked at me, making me blush.

My eyes travelled down his body, scanning his outfit. It was a pair of black jeans and a grey v-neck shirt. His hair was wet from the shower he took and a few strands were sticking to his forehead. His sports bag is slung over one shoulder and he has a water bottle in the other.

My eyes travel back up to his face only to see him smirking at me. My cheeks become even more red and I look down at the floor, my hair covering my face. I see his white sneakers appear in front of me. He puts his finger under my chin and lifts my face up to look at him. He chuckles when he sees my red face and pecks my lifts softly.

"You look adorable when you blush." He grins. "Shut up." I mumble as I slap his chest. He holds my hand that is on his chest and kisses my palm.

"Aww..." I hear Madison say from behind me. Ethan chuckles and pulls me closer. I remove my hand from his grip and gesture him to bend down a bit due to our height difference.

He looks confused but bends down anyway. His arm wrapped around my waist tightly, pressing us against each other. I used my hands and gently ran my hand through his hair, pushing the strands that were on his forehead towards the back. I see him close his eyes at the feeling and I smile. I run my hands in his hair one more before kissing his forehead.

He opens his eyes and gives me a boyish grin and he pecks my lips lightly before standing on his full height. "Well let's get going?" Andrew says and both of us break eye contact and look at Andrew who is looking at us with a raised eyebrow.

"Sure." Ethan shrugs. "Actually I am not going. I don't feel like it today. I will see y'all tomorrow." Madison says as she looks at us. All of us look at her confused, this is so unlike Madison. She loves to party.

But then I understand it has something to do with Lucas so I nod and give her a sad smile. She smiles back and bids goodbye to all of us as she walks away. "Let's get going." Andrew says as he intertwines his hand with Chase's.

We walk towards our car as all the guys talk about the game and how good it went. I just stay towards Ethan's side and nod and agree when I have to. Ethan opens the door for me and I smile at him before getting in.

He jogs to his side and gets him. He pulls out of the school parking before intertwining our hands and putting it on the gear stick.

I use my free hand to turn up the volume and hum along with the song playing on the radio.

"Who's house is the party at?" I ask as I look at him. "Hayden's" He says, referring to one of the players from the team. "Oh ok." I say and look ahead. He picks up our hands from the gear stick and kisses the back of my hand.

~~~

Ethan parks in front of a big mansion. Damn, the house is huge. I look around and see cars and people everywhere. There is a bigger crowd then there usually is at any of the parties I have been to. Even the new year party we went to wasn't this crowded.

"Okay, this party is going to be hella crowded. More than half of the school is attending it. Including; Freshman, sophomore, juniors. Hayden gives the best parties in the school and his parties are rare, so whenever they happen people flood the place. I know you don't like being in huge crowds, so whenever you feel uncomfortable just tell me and we will go home okay?" He asks as he looks at me.

I give him a nod and he presses a kiss to my forehead before getting out of the car. He comes to my side before I can even touch the door and opens the door for me. I give him a smile and mumble a small 'thank you'. He intertwined our hands as we walked towards the crowded and loud mansion.

Hope you liked the chapter!

Now I am planning on doing the character interview part 2. This will include their family and people like that.

So I would be glad if you submit ur following questions for the characters

Jullie (Ethan's Mom) >

David (Ethan's Dad) >

Mary  (Ethan's Grandma) >

Jackson (Amelia's Dad) >

Leslie (Amelia's Step mom) >

Claire (Amelia's biological mom) >

Daniel (Amelia's step brother) >

Josh (Amelia's other step brother) >

I won't be including Adrian since I added him before.

Anyway I will be looking forward to ur questions, you can either comment or message me it's ur choice!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 716 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
1.1M 11.3K 15
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
504K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...
56K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...