The Bad Boy Nerd

By HazelEyes_1

"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient... More

First Day, First Showdown
Chapter Two: Shock Is In the Air!
Chapter Three: Detention with Drake Spencer
Chapter Four: Knowing Laura Robinson
Chapter Five: A Snappy Scandal
Chapter Six: Ego Wars
Chapter Seven: A Horrible Affair!
Chapter Eight: Setting Things Straight
Chapter Nine: The Deal
Chapter Ten: The Unofficial Date
Chapter Eleven : Mark Crazy for Marks!
Chapter Twelve: Girls Day Out!
Chapter Thirteen: And Here We Go Again!
Chapter Fourteen: Chits And Chats
Chapter Fifteen: Plans For Break-up and the Shocking Pair-up.
Chapter Sixteen: Film Plans with Drake
Chapter Seventeen: Paranormal Activity.....
Chapter Eighteen: Exploring Drake
Chapter Nineteen: The Other Angle
Chapter Twenty: Did Sparks Start To Fly?
Chapter Twenty One: Let Me Kiss You
Chapter Twenty Two: Did I Kiss You?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Midnight Meetings.
Chapter Twenty Four: The Great Mistake.
Chapter Twenty Six: Seeking Revenge.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Sneak Peak into Drake's Life
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Heart That Beats
Chapter Twenty Nine: Broken Hearts
Chapter Thirty : Drake's POV (Part I)
Chapter Thirty One: Drake's POV (Part II)
Chapter Thirty Two: Happy Realization
Chapter Thirty Three: Will You Confess?
Chapter Thirty Four: We've a Thing Between Us.
Chapter Thirty Five: D 'N' A
Chapter Thirty Six: What a Bad Bad Day!
Chapter Thirty Seven: The Unexpected Pairing
Chapter Thirty Eight: Are We Making Love?
Chapter Thirty Nine: I Believed Lies
Chapter Forty: I Love You
Chapter Forty One: A Happy Tuesday
Drake 'N' Andrea: The Hook-up Handcuff (Part 1)
Drake 'N' Andrea: The Hook-Up Handcuff (Part II)
Thank You Note and a BIG SURPRISE

Chapter Twenty Five: Attraction

37.3K 2.1K 276
By HazelEyes_1

Chapter Twenty Five: Attraction

I tried to call Drake so many times when I got home but he didn’t respond to any of them & neither my messages. I was feeling absolutely shitty about the whole thing. Drake is the one because of whom I could make my project on the first place & I accused him of something terrible without any thought.....The guilt was gnawing my nerves without mercy.

I went downstairs & came across Mark who was seated on the sofa in the living room with a grave face.

“I’m frustrated at the fact that I wasn’t there to help you out but Drake saved the day!” Mark said when I sat across to him.

“Yeah...he did,” I responded in a subdued voice, “But what exactly had happened?”

“I spoke to Drake sometime back. He said someone had installed a virus in your laptop which straightaway began deleting your files. Drake must have had to slog his ass out to recover your project cause the virus had rendered the entire system corrupt.” my brother explained.

“That “someone” was Susan.” I said quietly.

“What?? Are you serious??” Mark exclaimed in shock, “That bloody bitch!! But why did she do all this?”

“Um...Did Drake tell you something about me?” I asked what was on my mind.

“No. What was he supposed to tell about you to me?”

That means Drake didn’t tell my brother about how I misunderstood him.

“Um...nothing..Actually I didn’t get to thank him properly...” I covered for the main reason, “Will thank him tomorrow in school.”

“I doubt that’s possible cause he won’t be coming to school tomorrow,” said Mark, “And like I said before, Drake can’t be contacted in any way if he doesn’t come to school.”

***

Don’t even bother to ask me how the next day was. As Mark had said, Drake didn’t turn up at school. It was perhaps the longest 24 hours of my life. I was restless the entire day. I was hoping he would come to school & that I would see him but that didn’t happen. Infact, when  I tried calling him, his phone was coming switched off altogether.

The following day I was waiting at the school entrance for Drake to arrive. Now that I’m thinking, I actually have no clue what I am gonna tell him apart from ‘Sorry’. I decided that its best I leave it for that time itself.  

Just then a car entered through the school gates. And I knew very well who it was. The car door opened & Drake stepped out in white swag shirt & faded jeans with black sunglasses over his eyes.

Damn! He looked searing hot! This guy has the perfect style & attitude to be the most sought after human.

It may be minutes later that I realized I had been gaping at him & he hadn’t noticed me yet. He took off his sunglasses. Every girl present there continued to drool over him. Soon, people started gathering around him with their greetings.

I tried to get through to him but the crowd around him was making things difficult. I wanted to talk to him right away cause I had no patience left to wait more. I pushed my way inside the crowd, putting people off my way. And when I finally reached him, I wasted no time to clasp his wrist tightly and drag him out of the crowd along with me. Everyone around stood back in surprise & made way for us,

“What do you think you’re doing?” I heard a shocked Drake protesting as I continued tugging him behind me.

“I’m kidnapping you. Happy?” I muttered so that only he could here.

“You can’t spe--”

He began again but I interrupted him, “Just walk quietly. Don’t ask anything. I don’t want to create a scene here.”

“You’re already creating one.” he pointed out.

“Thanks for letting me know.”

Now we were walking along the corridors & I hadn’t yet loosened my grip around his wrist.

“Where are you planning to take me??” he asked me in exasperation.

It was then I realized that I hadn’t thought of where to take him. I wanted a place where his “admirers” won’t be there to disturb us so that I can clear things out with him. Right then, the janitor’s closet came into my view like God’s answer to my requirements,

I quickened my pace towards the closet, dragging him along as well. I pulled him inside the empty closet, shutting the door behind me.

“What do I make out of all this?” he smirked, crossing his arms.

“I called & texted you so many times!!! Why didn’t you revert back??? Do you even know how miserable I was cause you weren’t responding!!At least you could have replied to one message but you didn’t!!” I blurted out in frustration.

“I didn’t want to. Simple.” he shrugged, leaning against the wall, ”Besides, I didn’t know I was so important to you.”

I took a deep breath, deciding to ignore his remark,”Look, I’m really sorry for whatever I said that day. It was very wrong of me. Please don’t mind anything. And thank you so much for retrieving my project.” I spoke genuinely, “Having said that, I feel that you should have tried telling me that you didn’t tamper with my laptop but you rather chose to make me believe you were the culprit.”

He gave a humorless chuckle, “Are you apologizing to me or accusing me?”

“Actually, both.”

“In that case, you can’t mean two things at a time. Decide whether you want to apologize or accuse.”

Drake straightened himself & began reaching for the door. I sprinted ahead of him & had my back against the door, blocking his way out.

“I choose to apologize. I ‘m really sorry.” I said, looking in his eyes.

A mischievous smile began creeping from the edges of his lips as he leaned closer & closer towards me resting his hand against the door for support. My lips shivered feeling his warm breaths grazing the skin of my face. When I stared at his sea blue eyes, my stomach tickled...

“Apology accepted.” he whispered in his baritone husky voice, “I didn’t say anything when you blamed me that day cause its fun to trouble you.”

My lips parted in an O in shock. I frowned at him.

Drake chuckled, “But unfortunately, that wasn’t the main reason why I kept quiet. You wouldn’t have believed me anyway even if I tried to make my stand clear cause you were very disheartened & angry which is quite natural for anyone who would be in your place.”

“So...all is well between us?” I inquired.

Drake stepped back from me with an amusing smile, “When was all ever well between us? But yes, in this matter, all’s well between us.”

“Why did you help me? Because I am Mark’s sister, that’s why?” I asked.

“You can count that as a reason but not necessary for that to be my only reason.” he said cryptically.

I knew questioning him further wouldn’t lead me to gain anything. So I moved aside, unblocking his way. He opened the door & walked out of the closet. I stared at his back as he kept on walking away from there....For some reason, I hoped Drake would stop, turn around & look at me once & then would resume walking again but that didn’t happen whatsoever.

How stupid & foolish of me to even think such silly things!

 ****

 I was joined by Laura & Sophia at the canteen as usual during the break time. We were chatting & eating like any other day but I don’t know why, every now & then, I was glancing at the canteen entrance.

I soon got to know why I was doing that cause when Drake entered; my heart gave a loud beat. I kept following him with my eyes to where he was heading, hoping that he would look in my direction but he never did. He went & sat at the ‘popular table’ where a crowd gathered around him like usual. He was primarily surrounded by five girls. Somehow, I didn’t like that. It wasn’t something new that I’m seeing, it was a daily thing. But still, I don’t know why this is pricking me today.

“Why are you staring so much at that table today Andy when you never even look in that direction otherwise!” Soph’s voice cause me to look away from the popular table, “I thought you hated that table, specially because of Drake.”

“Yeah, I still hate that table. I really do.” I said hurriedly.

My friends looked at me with raised eyebrows.

“Does Drake know Susan tampered with my laptop?” I asked, not spotting Susan anywhere around the popular table.

“Obviously he does!” Laura spoke, “I’ve heard people gossip that Drake is giving Susan a cold shoulder & that she’s sulking because of that.”

I didn’t say anything.

“By the way, have you tried to find why Susan did that with you?” Soph asked me.

“I don’t know.”I responded, realizing that I had been completely focusing on Drake so as to not look into any other matter, “She’s a bitch. She doesn’t need any reason to ruin things for others.”

“I so agree with you on that.” Soph said.

“So true.” Laura agreed.

The bell rang soon after & we three headed to our respective classes. I had my next class, which was Physics, with Soph. That meant even Drake would be in that class...

I made some blunt excuse to Soph that I wanted to sit alone. Then I was waiting for Drake to arrive. My heart beats rose when he walked into the class. But he didn’t look at my direction & sat on some other bench. Damn!!!

I frowned hard. In practically every Physics period that we had in a classroom instead of the lab, Drake always came & sat next to me to trouble me, much to my annoyance but today when I actually want him to sit with me, he didn’t even bother to spare a glance at me!  

But why do you suddenly want to be around him? Have you become like other girls who die for his attention?, my brain poked me.

Since you can think only rubbish, its better you don’t think at all!!, I snapped back inwardly.

Why do you always insult me? I am, after all, a part of you, remember?, my brain reverted back mockingly.

How can I not remember the thing that I regret the most?, I retorted back to the thing inside my skull.

If you want to sit with him, use your legs & walk up to where he is seated before anyone else. Simple, my brain suggested.

I’ll take that. Be Happy.

Drake raised his brows when I sat next to him.

“Well, what makes you sit here?” he asked.

“Uh...the view of the blackboard is clear from here.” I replied, knowing that I sounded utter lame.

“Oh really? Since when have you developed interest in Physics?”

“Exams are nearing.”

“Exams are still a good many days away.”

“Can’t you agree with me on atleast something?”

“As if you bother to agree with me on something.”

I was about to retort when---

“If both of you don’t agree with me on the fact that you should stop arguing then I, might as well, throw both of you out.”

Mr Smith stern voice fell on our ears. The professor entered the class & we weren’t even aware like rest of the students.

The Physics professor spoke again, “Mr. Spencer, get up from there & sit somewhere else cause I don’t want to deal with both of you arguing again.”

I didn’t see that coming. But I was careful not to show how much I was disappointed by the turn of events. Drake rose & sat on an empty seat next to a blonde haired girl who was visibly happy,

That got me sulking inwardly. I so wanted to sit with Drake!!!

~*~*~*~

Thank you so much to all those who have voted & commented on the last part. The previous chapter has received better votes than any other chapters. I honestly can't thank you all enough <3

Do keep voting & commenting like this. Makes me very happy & motivated :)

Also, do check out my other story The Cursed Heart

http://www.wattpad.com/story/31945864-the-cursed-heart

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 9.3K 25
Riley Brown. The name sends chills down the spines of her classmates. But that doesn't mean she's evil, in fact, she's very fun and brave behind that...
768 68 28
"You may feel disgusted by me, Lillian. But remember. I'm your fucking fiancé. Not him". The minute he said those words , the whole world tuned out...
94.2K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
498K 10.6K 31
"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place to meet your student." "Which is true."...