Every Beat You Make (BTS FF)

By LayneDanielle

"Believing in all of you to change is what always keeps me going because I know there are no such things as b... More

1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7*
8*
9*
10*
11*
12*
13*
14*
15*
16*
17*
18*
19*
20*
21*
22*
23*
24*
25*
26*
28*
29*
30*
31*
32*
33*
34*

27*

1.1K 74 18
By LayneDanielle

They're almost there. They can feel it. Well, Iris told them that they're nearing the exit.

Both Taehyung and Jimin ran down the empty abandoned hallway as they can wait to feel the relief once they've escaped. They can clearly see the entrance in front of them.

"Sir, get down!"

Iris suddenly spoke to Taehyung in panic. Without thinking twice, he grabs onto Jimin's wrist and pulled him down with him laying flatly on the dirty floor. Both of them were confused at first when a laser beam was blasted above their head. Their eyes widen.

They went to look at where the laser beam hit and to their fear, it went through the pillar behind them, cutting it clean in the middle. As they were distracted by that, a metal ball was tossed towards them. Before they could react to it, the ball suddenly zapped the two with high volts.

They groaned as their body lost their energy and fall forward, slowly losing consciousness.

No, they were so close. Taehyung thought as he looked at the entrance in front of him, only to meet with a lot of silhouettes of armed men. Their eyes slowly became heavy. Body numb and weak.

Then, they heard footsteps from behind them. In came the cowboy with a cigarette between his lips. He looked at the two, smirking.
"Thinking you can escape that easily?" He snickered while puffing on his cigarette. He knelt in front of them, scoffing.

"Don't worry, we'll take good care of ya." The man said before everything became black.

Maya's House

"JUNGKOOK!!"

Maya called out as she ran towards them who just arrived. They were all covered in dirt dust and have scratches somewhere on their cheeks, elbows, and knees.

She took the pale unconscious Jungkook from them as she laid him on the floor. She knelt next to him, supporting his weight with her lap. "Jungkook? Jungkook!" She tried slapping him gently on the cheek, shaking him but it doesn't work.

All of the boys were looking at the scene, shock. Except for Yoongi and Hoseok as they knew what the caused of it. "We need to get him to the hospital," Jin suggests as he was about to approach Maya when she suddenly turned to him with teary eyes.

All of them were eyes wide by this. Maya was just like Jungkook only she does show a few emotions. Though sad and hopeless was not one of them. This worries them.

Maya instantly snapped back to reality as she wipes her tears. "Right. We need to bring him to the hospital now." She carefully stood up from the floor and looked at all of them. Her gaze was no longer the confident, arrogant look they all annoyed with but rather was pleading to them for help.

Just then, Namjoon came running into them after finishing discussing ways to look for Taehyung and Jimin with the head of the police. He looked at them surprised by the sudden situation.

"What happened?" He asked as his eyes found an unconscious Jungkook on the floor. "Jungkook?!" He was about to come closer when Maya stops him. "No time for questions now, I need to bring him to the hospital. Hoseok, Yoongi. You both are coming with me." Maya ordered as she went to quickly grab her things and the car key.

"Maya wait!" Namjoon calls her as she was about to open the front door. "You can't take Yoongi. We need him here." He said.

"Why?"

"Just now, the police found the signal of where the video was taken. But we couldn't access it so we need Yoongi hacking skill to locate it." Namjoon reason. Maya went silent for a few seconds. "Alright. Yoongi, you stay. Jin and Hoseok, you both follow me and help carry Jungkook to my car."

The two nodded and quickly did so. They all went outside to her car. She opens the doors and gets in. The boys went to lay Jungkook carefully at the back seat while Jin sat next to him. Hoseok sat at the front passenger seat.

Namjoon and Yoongi watched them from the door. Maya rolled down her window and gesture Namjoon to come to her. He did exactly that and jog his way to the car.

"If the police are looking for me, tell them I got an emergency to attend at the hospital, okay?" Told Maya. Namjoon gave her an okay sign which was enough for her to drive away to the hospital she works at.

Both Namjoon and Yoongi stared at the back of the car as it drove off to the distance. Then, the police in charge called out for Namjoon from inside the house.

"Namjoon! Where is that guy you said that's very good at hacking?" Namjoon instantly returns to the task at hand as he holds onto Yoongi's left hand and raises them high in the air.

"This is him."

At the car,
There was nothing but silence during their journey to the hospital. The atmosphere was tense. Maya restlessly tapping on the steering wheel. Her gaze found Hoseok who looked lost at the moment.

"Hoseok?" She called out. The younger snaps back to reality as he looked at Maya, fully knowing what's she's going to ask. Their gaze met as if they were communicating through their mind. "Tell everything truthfully and in detail." She stated and Hoseok sighed. Jin already getting curious as he and Maya gaze at the Hoseok waiting for his explanation.

"It all started..."

Flashback

Hoseok and Yoongi flew off by the strong wind as they hit the floor. Their gaze went to look back at the scene only to find the mysterious hooded figure was going against another figure which the boys can clearly see it was Jungkook.

"JUNGKOOK?!"

Both Jungkook and the figure collided with each other, creating a strong wind that booms around them. The two looked at them with eyes wide as they noticed the glow around them. The figure has a bright red lining around them while Jungkook was lined with bright blue.

The ground below them shook heavily as the pond beside them slowly was creating small waves. The wind blowing aggressively around them making it hard for Yoongi and Hoseok to see what's going on.

Just then, a strong force pulls them away from each other. They both flew far behind them. The hooded figure flies through the trees.

"Woah!" Jungkook screams as he flies over the two and falls on the pathway. Yoongi and Hoseok quickly called out to him as they ran towards where he laid.

"You okay?" Hoseok asked, scanning the younger to see if he's hurt anywhere.

"When in hell did you get here?!" Yoongi asked, shouting in shock.

Jungkook winced. His eyes squint tightly when a headache painfully banging in his brain. Both of them help Jungkook sit up when Yoongi felt something cold and sharp tip at the back of his neck.

"That was close," Jungkook utters exhaustedly. His right hand was stretched out as it's reaching for something behind Yoongi. He and Hoseok looked towards it and gasped. Just a few inches away from Yoongi was a big size of sharp red icicles making him to stumble back and kneel next to Jungkook.

The younger stared behind the ice shard and saw that the hooded figure had recovered from its fall and was standing at its previous spot, staring at them. Jungkook grips his hand, crushing the ice shards into dust particles. The two older gawked at that. Their eyes widen in utter disbelief.

Then, the hooded figure began to raise its hand to the front, creating even more of the same big red sharp icicles out of thin air. Only this time, it was engulfed in red flames. It snapped its finger and instantly, the shards came flying towards them at high speed.

Jungkook quickly stood up and held his hand forward again, using his power to stop the burning shards. To Yoongi and Hoseok shock, it did.

"Stop this. Now!" Jungkook said as looked at the figure with caution, get himself ready for anything that might happen. He thought maybe he could talk to this person about why are they doing this? Mostly, how did they get powers just like how he has?

Hoseok and Yoongi gazed at Jungkook as if he grew two heads. They exchange a questioning look with each other as they communicating through their eyes.

Yoongi is mostly known to be the skeptical one amongst them. But in this case, he can't help but to believe that power users that mostly appear in movies, are now real and Jungkook is one of them. Both of them asking, Jungkook has powers? How and when?

The figure didn't give any response to Jungkook. A sharp red spear made of ice slowly appears out of nowhere in the figure's right hand, swallowing in red flames. Without any warning, it charges right at them.

Jungkook got shocked at first before taking control over the burning shards from before and used them against it. Fast raining shards came towards it but it effortlessly dodges every single one of them. All three boys were surprised.

Somehow, one shard manages to scratch the figure cheek, making it stings, and left a burning mark on it. Both Jungkook and the person winced by the pain at the same time, on the same cheek. Suddenly, the familiar heavy heartbeats can be felt in Jungkook's chest.

It's sharp and painful as usual, it shares the same feeling as period pain only in the heart, and it's getting very hard to breathe. Jungkook and the hooded figure froze at the single yet stinging heartbeat. Then, another beat kicked in.

"ACKK!!"

Jungkook yelled out a painful cry as the shards he was controlling fell on the ground, shattering into pieces. The figure, however, tries to breathe only to make the pain worsen. The usual migraine adds to the suffering but it's more strong. Almost as if someone was putting a fork inside his head and start twisting his brain around.

This makes both Jungkook and the figure drop to the ground. Completely forgot about what they were supposed to be doing for the only thing they can focus on now was the immense pain they felt. It was unbearable unlike normal to Jungkook.

He continues to groan in pain. Yoongi and Hoseok rushed to the younger sides in a panic, asking what wrong. Jungkook didn't answer them as he tried to focus on breathing. Yoongi then heard another voice gasping for air, he turns to it and saw the figure too was out of breath.

Thinking it was the right time, Yoongi quickly ran towards it, ready to catch it but the figure was too fast. A random metal ball was tossed from their hand. As it landed on the ground, smoke came exploding around them. When Yoongi arrived at the figure's spot, they were gone.

"Shit!" He cussed. "Yoongi!" Hoseok called out from behind him. The said other ran back to them and saw Jungkook laid unconscious on the ground, barely breathing.

"Bring him back. Now!" With that, the two quickly carried Jungkook back to Maya's house, running. Luckily, the park was not far from the house.

End Flashback

After that, they have finally reached the hospital where Jungkook grew up in. As soon as Maya brought Jungkook in, all the hospital workers were in shock but immediately do what they need to do and bring Jungkook to the ER section. Maya put on her doctor's coat and went into the room together with the nurses. Jin and Hosek wait outside.

An hour has passed and a mentally exhausted Maya came out with a sigh. She locked eyes with the other two and before she could approach them, the head doctor, also the owner of the hospital came to her.

"What happened? Why is Jungkook like that? Did he not take his antidote this whole day?" He asked. Maya shook her head. "Not a single one." The man stared at her in shock.

"No no, it's fine. It's part of Corwell's idea. You see, she has found a solution and make a cure for his sickness but the only way for it to work was when Jungkook is in his weakest state." She explained while Hoseok and Jin listen silently from far, confused yet curious. Cure? Sickness?

After that, the doctor left Maya. She then makes her way to plop next to the boys, sighing. Her hand covering her eyes. "How is he?" Jin asked. "He's stable for now." She said removing her hand from her eyes only to meet with two pairs of curious eyes staring at her. She sighed again, fully knowing what they were going to ask.

"Maya, what's going on? What happened to Jungkook?" Hoseok questioned the lady as Jin moves closer to hear properly. She opens her mouth and slowly answers, "Jungkook was supposed to die."

Just like that, the two were taken aback by the sudden sentence they never thought would come out. Though they kept quiet to not stop her.

"Jungkook's parents were told that they can't conceive a child because his mother system was too weak. Because of that, they tried everything they can to fix it. You see, his parents are just like Taehyung's mom. They were very brilliant scientists that work under the UN, specializing in military weapons."

"Times passed and yet they got nothing. They were sad. So, as a friend to his mother and a twin sister to his father, I decided to help them by suggesting for adoption. They consider it saying they don't mind but..." She paused.

"It will be much better if it's from your own love, flesh, and blood."

"They said. That is until one day, a mysterious meteorite crash-landed near their house and the two went to check it out. They brought it home and did some reading and found out that the meteorite holds a very strong energy source. They decided to suck it out and realized that they were two of them. One is the blue liquid, which fills with positive energy while the other was a red liquid that fills with negative energy."

"They decided to experiment on the two liquids and came to learn that the blue liquid has the very strong energy needed to help their childless problem. Without wasting any more time, they used up all the blue liquid into their Petry dish where they conduct the In-Vitro Fertilization. To their surprise, it was a success. No one knew about it except me and all your parents." Hoseok and Jin looked at Maya surprised.

"They all knew Jungkook's parents?" Jin asked and Maya nodded as a response. Then, her face turned to sadness. "But one day, tragedy hits them both as my twin, Jungkook's dad, died in a plane crashed when he was on his way back to South Korea from a business meeting in Italy, the same day when Jungkook's mother passed away during childbirth which was one of the reasons why she can't conceive a child." She explained. "She didn't even get any time left to even hold Jungkook in her arms." Maya sadly said.

Jin and Hoseok became silent at this, finding the story to be very emotional. Sadness and guilt dropped on them like a heavy dumbbell. Guilty because of how they have been treating Jungkook after knowing how tragic his life was.

"Jungkook was told to have a weak heart and body that all the doctors confirm that he was supposed to die in three hours after his birth and we can do anything to stop it. Well, that's what we thought..."

Flashback (Maya's POV)

A nurse suddenly came bursting through our doctor meeting room after we discuss the death of Mrs. Jeon.

"COME QUICKLY! IT'S THE BABY!!"

Immediately I ran out of the room towards the room where I left her body together with the baby. We thought it will be nice to have the baby died next to their mother.

But as soon as I came in, my eyes widen by the scene. All the things in the room were floating on mid-air. My eyes landed on the baby and saw that Jungkook's cute little chubby hands were playing in the air as the object in the room follows every turn he makes. I was in disbelief and went to check the time on my wristwatch.

That's when I knew that Jungkook, the baby that was 'supposed to die' three minutes ago is going to live.

End Flashback (End POV)

"Wait, so you're saying that Jungkook has a superpower from that blue liquid energy?" Hoseok asked and Maya nodded. "Corwell, Taehyung's mom confirms it with Yoongi and Namjoon's mom as well." The two nodded in understanding.

"But even with the power, Jungkook still is very weak, so Corwell went to make an antidote that will give him limited energy for the whole day," Maya said.

"Did he take it today?" She shook her head. "The reason for it was that Corwell has successfully found a solution to make a cure for him and the only way for it to work was to have Jungkook at his weakest state. Well, not as in weak dead, no." She said trying to lift the mood.

Then, her name was called. She left the boys to attend her business which must be about Jungkook. Jin and Hoseok could only remain quiet as they try to process all the new information.

Now, they wished Jungkook will be alright so that they can apologize to him for everything they have done. But knowing the younger, he will immediately forgive them without a thought.

This saddens the two.

Meanwhile

After talking to Namjoon about what happened before, Yoongi was left alone in a room with only a computer in front of him as police were talking amongst themselves. Namjoon was with them.

Though what happened at the park still never left his mind. Seeing Jungkook or any other human are using powers, like what the fu- his skeptical mind can't cooperate.

Suddenly, the screen turned black, stopping him from his main task. Not only that, everyone's phone starts ringing off the hook as their screen kept on blinking off and on continuously.

Everyone was confused. Just then, Yoongi saw the once black screen has now been flooded with numbers of codes. When he tried to fix the bug, it didn't work. Instead, a sentence pop out of nowhere, typing in all big letters.

The sentence that makes Yoongi's eyes jumped out of his socket. He gasps.
"Kim Namjoon! We've found them!!" He shouted while looking at the screen that has now enlightened with a map of where Taehyung and Jimin are at.

The pop-up still hasn't left the screen.

KING'S EYES
Permission access; GRANTED

Continue~

Imma just published it today since it's Monday here and time zones are confusing meh. Enjoy!
-LD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 1.2K 39
And the phrase; "She is our everything" slowly changed to "She was our everything-" โ˜†. โ˜†. โ˜†. K...
86.7K 3.8K 69
On the first day of university, you were surprised to feel a new sensation in your heart. A sensation you knew, you'd feel when your soulmate was on...
19.9K 1K 27
"I'm not comfortable sharing the same bed with you," the mafia princess said, her voice tinged with anger. "Why? What's wrong with that?" the mafia l...
2.6K 51 11
when he visit his previous life . " She is soo cold to every one only good with her loved ones but not for his husband " " Rumors will tell but s...