Obliviate

By potionsprincess

The Order has fallen. Voldemort has taken over, slowly enslaving the Wizarding World to each and every comman... More

Author's Notes
Chapter One | Gates of Hell
Chapter Two | The Lost Gryffindor
Chapter Three | The Devil Himself
Chapter Four | Affairs in Order
Chapter Five | A Broken Soul
Chapter Six | House Contamination
Chapter Seven | Her Dark Materials
Chapter Eight | Like Clockwork
Chapter Nine | Ministry of Magical Affairs
Chapter Ten | Bienvenue à Paris
Chapter Eleven | The First Day
Chapter Twelve | The Alliance
Chapter Thirteen | Days Gone
Chapter Fourteen | Pride & Prejudice
Chapter Fifteen | Fire and Ice
Chapter Seventeen | The Underworld
Chapter Eighteen | The Golden Snitch
Chapter Nineteen | The Boy Who Had No Choice
Chapter Twenty | Unbound
Flashback One | The Worlds Omen
Flashback Two | Hunted
Flashback Three | Settled Waters

Chapter Sixteen | Montreuil

4.5K 94 393
By potionsprincess

The next morning came by in what felt like a blink for Hermione. She was awoken by the piercing morning sun seeping through her curtains and the laughter of Muggles passing through the streets below her room.

The smell of cooking had filled the flat. Hermione scrunched up her nose and took a deep breath in, the pleasing smell flooding her senses. Her stomach rumbled.

As she moved, a faint pain spread through her lower abdomen. She run her hands over her stomach, caressing it from the pain. As if, by some sort of miracle, her touch alone would make it stop hurting.

The memories of yesterday shot through Hermione's mind like a bullet. Ruthless - careless in its path. Hot breath layering her collarbones, her throat. Fingertips running against her hips as she rocked against his.

His.

Could she say his name? She couldn't. She-

She wouldn't.

Hermione frowned so hard she could feel a headache coming on. Her skin was heated like a burning stove - too hot to touch. She could feel the small beads of sweat gathering at the nape of her neck and trickling down her temples as she nervously bit down on her bottom lip.

It felt sore. It was only when the iron taste from biting her lip so hard that her teeth pierced into the skin seeped onto Hermione's tongue did she then snap out of yesterday's sins.

Sins. That's all it was.

Draco Malfoy was a sinner. Hermione Granger was no saint - she sat in the middle, like a fragile ornament. Like if, by the chance she'd get dragged into the underworld to the Devil himself, she'd lose her medium and plunge into the depths of hell.

And nothing would be able to stop her.

He'd already sized her up - calculating her movement, noting down all her triggers. He'd watched her when she'd slept. When she'd woken up a few nights prior and her curtains were closed. He'd seen her vulnerable.

And finally - he seized Hermione like a meal. Eaten in one, and swallowed whole. She'd had no time to escape from his attack of consumption before he dived into her mind - and inside of her.

He carried power. Hermione was powerful. A trained legilimens, the Dark Lord himself's right-hand woman. Hermione carried power too.

But when you fight power and power constantly, eventually one becomes weak. Tired. Like they are slowly being broken down by the constant attacks against them.

And eventually, Draco or Hermione had to break.

But who broke first?

Her mind had been sucked into a whirlpool of thoughts. Chapters of Draco were slowly clicking into place for Hermione as she pulled the covers over her naked body, letting the sunlight illuminate her skin like a perfectly composed golden glow.

She slid her feet through the sheet and covers, the material gently assaulting her skin. She wished she could wake up feeling this giddy every morning. Yet - she couldn't stand Draco.

He was a foul, loathsome, evil little-

Cockroach.

Smack.

Draco's face perfectly connected with Hermione's knuckles as she plummeted her fist into his perfectly proportioned face.

The fear in his eyes shot out like a dagger and attacked Hermione with force. For once, she saw right past his facade. He was in fact - a small, fearsome bully. And yet, somebody so cruel - so foul.

He was scared of Hermione Granger.

But now, now he was scared of nothing. Not even Draco's own shadow could attacked the deep set fear hid buried beneath the ice in his eyes.

For a dragon, Draco Malfoy was stone cold.

Even his presence was more than enough to give Hermione frostbite. He'd sweep in, attack her with grace, and leave. Once he'd gone, the power of his magic would do the talking.

Eventually, she'd turn cold too. She'd freeze in his wake. Her heart would be black ice. Dangerous.

Cunning.

Ambitious.

Pride.

Hermione's house conflict would swarm her - yanking at her insides like a rough game of tug-of-war. Eventually, she'd fit right into her uniform and wear it with pride.

The question was - when?

Hermione gently pushed her body off the mattress, embracing the warmth that flooded her skin. The morning sun was blistering - and reminded her of summer back home.

She leant down onto the floor and wrapped her fingers around the fabric of her robe, crumpling it between her hands and slinging it over her shoulders. The feathers around the ends of her sleeves lightly assaulted her skin, tickling the nerves.

Hermione pulled the curtain back and tied the cord around the sheer material, revealing the beautiful street in all its glory. The flowers that grew so boldly and elegantly swarmed across the frame of the buildings - the bright array of colours exploded right in front of Hermione's eyes.

It was nature's own creation of pure beauty.

Hermione let her eyes drift around her room. They caught the book Malfoy had gifted her. Inspecting it from afar, she let the story swarm her brain like a hive of bees.

Eventually, she left her room. The chill that lingered on her doorknob attacked Hermione's nerves as she pulled the door open. The fresh smell of cooking grew ten times stronger, as she let her eyes wonder down the hall into the dining room.

Draco sat at the head of the table - a mug and a book by his side. He rested his head on the palm of his right hand, the light catching his rings as the reflection traveled around the room whenever he moved.

She watched him for a moment. Silently.

"Morning, Granger."

Hermione's eyes widened. She swore he had eyes everywhere.

"Morning," she forced out abruptly and quickly moved into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and slipped her robes off her shoulders, hanging it on the back of the door.

She reached out to the dial in the shower - hesitating for a moment. Her hand shook slightly as it hovered in the air. Her mind darted back to her experience in the room she stood in.

Heat.

Her heart skipped a couple of beats as she slowly turned her head around, eyeing up the door handle.

She reluctantly let the hand that still lingered near the dial switch around and grasp the handle.

She creaked the door open a notch - peering through the crack and looking down the hall. Draco still sat in the same position, reading his book intensely.

"Fuck," she breathed into a whisper, her heart pounding against her rib cage.

Power struck Hermione like a dark curse right in the chest. She opened the door proudly, stalking down the hall. Every step she took, her heart pumped aggressively. The blood that pumped around her veins was now more noticeable in the lower portion of her body.

She watched him from the archway, resting against the wood that hugged the walls. Her eyes struck his frame - waiting for him to dare to turn his eyes up at her.

"I thought you were going in the shower?" He muttered out, his eyes refusing to meet hers. He was completely oblivious to Hermione's completely naked body standing before him.

She took an inaudible deep breath - her exhale shuddering as it exited her lungs. "I am."

"Then why are you-"

He looked up at her. The various baby blue colours that filled his iris' were made more prominent as his eyes widened so much the whites that surrounded them were revealed.

"Oh." Was all he could muster out.

Hermione didn't pause. She didn't stutter as the words entered the room proudly and exited her lips with might.

"Care to join?"

Hermione watched him, studying the way he moved at her words. He swallowed hard - and tensed his hands - the veins that travelled through his arms pushing out against the near-white of his his porcelain skin.

Draco cleared his throat. "Granger."

"Malfoy."

Draco reluctantly pushed himself from the chair he sat in, and stalked over to Hermione. Darkness lingered over him like a storm as he reached her - and towered over her.

Her heart was going wild - trying so hard to keep the blood pumping so she didn't pass out from the wave of power that was consuming her.

She narrowed her eyes as she looked straight up at him.

He allowed his hand to touch the side of Hermione's hip, tracing his fingertips along her burning hot skin. Goosebumps raised along her body as he strategically moved around her body.

"Do you want something from me, Granger?"

His eyes locked into place with her own as his touch further ignited Hermione's lower abdomen. Searching for her weaknesses.

"I might," she breathed, trying her best not to shudder where his fingertips travelled up her body.

"Hmm," he mumbled, moving further up toward her face. Over the sides of her breast - along her collarbone - and finally, her throat.

He gently clamped his hands around the side of her neck. His hands were so large he practically swallowed her throat as they wrapped around her.

Hermione took a deep breath in through her nostrils as his grip grew suddenly tighter. Draco pushed Hermione against the wall by her neck as he looked down at her with lust.

His other hand - raised from his side and caressed the other side of Hermione's body. She felt like she had burst into flames.

He grasped her breast tenderly, massaging it between his hands. He allowed his fingers to play with her increasingly growing hard nipples as her breathing faltered.

"Tell me what you want," he growled, lowering his head into her hair and sending shockwaves throughout her body.

"I..."

"Say it."

Hermione moved her hands against Draco's biceps as she mustered up the courage to tell him what she really wanted.

"Don't be shy now Granger," he pressed on.

Hermione ran her hands down Draco's body - down his chest and along his stomach. She suddenly grasped his belt and pulled him closer to her, dropping her gaze for a moment to her hand, and back up to his eyes.

"You."

Malfoy's mouth twisted into a sick smirk.

He lowered his hand down Hermione's body, grazing his fingers along her bum.

"Be more specific," he replied lustfully.

"I want you to fuck me, Malfoy."

The moment the words left her lips, Draco's hand wrapped under Hermione thigh, pulling it up into the air. A small gasp escaped from her lungs as she held herself up on one leg.

Their faces were smothered with dangerous grins.

Hermione wrapped her hands around Malfoy's neck as he adjusted his position in front of her. The hand that was gripping her throat progressively moved further toward her core.

She wanted him so badly.

"You're fucking filthy, you know that Granger?" He groaned, as his fingers began to tactically stimulate her.

Slow and steady.

"Mmph..." she struggled out, her insides burning.

"Filthy little Mudblood."

He thrusted his fingers inside of Hermione, curling them and hitting her g-spot every time he pumped them in and out of her.

She gritted her teeth - stuck between wanting to fuck him or wanting to kill him. He was skilled as he stimulated Hermione single-handedly.

"Fuck you," she forced out between breaths, looking into his eyes with hatred.

Draco laughed as he continued his pleasurable assault, fully keeping his composure.

"You can if you want."

Hermione filled with a feeling she couldn't put her finger on. She wasted no time gripping a handful of hair between her fingers and pulling Draco into a hungry kiss.

Their lips danced together as Hermione moaned into the kiss. Draco increased his speed in which he pumped his large fingers in and out of her, causing the leg she was keeping herself standing on to shake.

"F... fuck," Hermione moaned as she felt her walls clenching around Draco's fingers.

"You want to come?" He teased, speaking into her lips as they both opened their eyes and rested their foreheads together.

"Y-yes."

"Tough shit."

He abruptly removed his fingers from inside her and forced them into Hermione's mouth. "You'll have to beg for it."

She sucked gently, moving her lips up and down his fingers, lightly licking his fingertips. She moved her hand out of Malfoy's hair and around his hand, grasping it.

She pulled his fingers from his mouth, looking up to him with pleading eyes.

Hermione huffed with a stagger. "Please."

Draco lowly chuckled. The hand in which Hermione was holding, he pulled from her grasp and lowered it to her other thigh.

He gripped her skin, pinching it between his fingers and pulling her effortlessly off the ground, causing Hermione to gasp as she was swept into the air.

He walked them to the bathroom, carrying Hermione as her thighs were wrapped around his waist. One hand was tightly grabbing her ass as the other pushed the bathroom door open with force.

Draco dropped Hermione onto the bathroom sink - the cold porcelain attacking her skin, sending shivers through her body.

She watched Draco as he raised a hand to his tie, pulling it open and undoing it quickly, releasing the knot and slipping it from his collar. It dangled from his fingertips as his eyes connected with Hermione's.

She knew she was shaking hands with the Devil.

"Give me your hands," he demanded, his face tinted with a shade of pink.

The corner of Hermione's mouth curved into a grin as she presented her hands to him, hovering them in the air together. Draco gripped the tie with both hands, and began wrapping it around Hermione's wrists, tugging it tight.

She gasped at the friction burning her skin.

Draco looked at Hermione ravenously - weighing out his options. Carefully inspecting and calculating his next move.

His hands swooped and gripped the tie that was knotted around her wrists - tugging at it and pulling Hermione's arms into the air.

He slyly smugged in her direction before he proceeded to stalk closer - ready to pounce. His lips gently assaulted her skin as her breathing grew heavy as she fell apart under his lips.

Draco left wet, continuous kisses that travelled from her earlobes to her breasts. With his free hand, he palmed Hermione's breasts in his hands. He'd alternate between feeling her breasts and slowly fingering her - ever so slightly rubbing her core to tease.

She was like a wild animal. No matter what she had - she wanted more.

She groaned into his platinum hair as his head manoeuvred over her skin, watching him flicking his tongue over her nipples and running it down her body.

Draco continued to kiss Hermione's chest and stomach - getting lower and lower.

She gasped sharply when he released his grip on her wrists and breasts to tug her legs apart. He ran his large, cold hands over Hermione's curves - her breasts, her hips.

Hermione watched him - unable to find the words to say. She was too much at a loss of control to even muster a sentence together.

Her mind felt scrambled. A mixture between horny and down-right lack of control.

Fuck.

Draco lowered himself onto his knees beneath Hermione. His head was directly in front of her hips as he turned his neck - the vein in his head pushing against his temples as he began to layer kisses onto Hermione's bare thighs.

She wanted to rip free of the makeshift handcuffs and tear his clothes off his body, leaving a trail of hickeys along his skin - decorated by her lips.

The idea further aroused Hermione.

He nipped her thigh in between his teeth - eyeing her from his level. He followed it up with sloppy, wet kisses that trailed over her thigh, getting closer and closer to her sensitive area.

He gave absolutely no warning as he pushed his head between her thighs and allowed his tongue to slide over her core, over and over.

Hermione cried out in pleasure - her moans echoing throughout the flat as she slammed her head against the mirror in ecstasy, arching her back against Draco's head and further pushing herself into his tongue.

She could feel her walls tightening and releasing as he slid a finger inside of her, moving his tongue and fingers in unison - causing Hermione to practically scream.

"Oh my fucking-"

Draco pulled his head back slightly - his hot breaths hitting her core and causing shudders to continue to fill her body.

He looked up at her from his height - the ice attacking the earth as she admired how good he looked with her juices smothered all over his face.

Her heart was vigorously pounding against her chest. She didn't know how much more she could take.

He continued to keep his eyes locked into place with hers as he lowered his head back down, using his tongue and swirling it around her clit. Pushing his entire mouth into her to repeatedly fuck her with his serpents tongue.

Hermione knew she was about to climax, but held it in. In that moment - she could feel a hundred different emotions at once. Was it power? Was it lack of power?

"Come here," she forced out between breaths - gripping his hair between her nimble fingers and pulling his head back in lust.

"Please."

She eyed him with hunger. She was ravenous for him.

"Please," she cooed.

Draco brought himself up to her level, scanning her as he straightened himself out. He wasted no time crashing his lips to hers.

Hermione winced at the taste of his tongue against hers. She wrapped her legs back around his waist as she began undoing the buttons on his shirt vigorously.

Frustrated, she tugged at the tie that was tightly wrapped around her wrists in an attempt to gain some movement. Draco looked down at her, a powerful glare.

"Shame."

He brought his hands to her wrists quickly - tugging at the tie and tightening the knot around her wrists.

Fucking Malfoy.

He narrowed his eyes as he dropped his hands down to his belt - unclasping it and pulling it completely out of the belt loops, dropping it on the ground beside him.

His hair was messy - Hermione secretly preferred him like that - not so put together - unkept. If she had her own way she'd prefer Draco not to be around at all - but luckily for her, she didn't need feelings to fuck.

It made it better for Hermione knowing they'd happily rip each other's throats out with their teeth as he drove himself deeper inside her - as she screamed his name loud enough for all of Paris to hear.

It made it better knowing that once they returned to Hogwarts, she wouldn't have to see him again. She wouldn't have to picture his face as he spat insults at her over and over trying to make her appear small.

She would force the image of right now from her mind. She wouldn't allow it to be a slave to her memories as she dreamt over, and over again of the feelings Draco left on her body.

The feelings Draco left in her body.

Hermione knew that if she was an Animagus - she'd be a Hungarian Horntail. That if somebody got too close - she'd strike. Burn everything in her path. Leave a trail of destruction as the world around her perished and turned to ashes.

If they were to attack her from behind - she'd be quick to defend. She'd see them with the unmissable yellow eyes that stood out against her features. The collision of colours that would distract her prey - giving her the perfect opportunity to strike.

Where Draco was fast and slick like a snake, Hermione was powerful and her own biggest enemy.

One false move, she'd send her world into flames. She knew she'd ruin everything and crumble the earth around her like a fiendfyre spreading through the night ruthlessly.

But what would happen if you collided pursuit with power?

Destruction.

Draco wrapped his hands around Hermione's waist, pulling her closer as her feet dangled over the sink. She merely struggled - but attempted to undo his button and pull the fly down on his suit trousers. Her small fingers attacked the fiddly bits as they came undone under her fingers.

Draco watched her silently.

With one hand, he pulled them down, leaving him in just a half-buttoned- up shirt. Hermione looked at him with the Devil in her eyes as she allowed her fingers to aimlessly play with the buttons on his shirt.

Take it off, Malfoy - she thought to herself.

He obliged. Undoing the buttons and throwing the shirt onto the floor - stepping out of his trousers and standing there in front of her. Like a meal she was ready to consume.

Hunger.

They crashed their lips together, savouring every taste. Every time their lips parted - they pulled each-other closer. Draco pushed himself into Hermione through his boxers - she could feel his length on his core as she kissed him ravenously.

"Fuck me," she breathed. "Fuck me, please."

Her breaths were shaky - like she couldn't get enough. No lack of oxygen made up for the fact they clashed together like a beautiful spell cast through the night.

Just like Harry and the Dark Lord. Expelliarmus and Avada Kedavra. Draco would be the killing curse. The truly, most unforgivable. Yet - when two people have chosen to fight fire and fire - where does it take them?

Draco laughed lowly against Hermione's lips as he moved his hands towards his boxers, tugging them down and letting them fall to the ground.

He adjusted himself - moulding his body against hers. He teased at her entrance - pushing his forehead against Hermione's as he slipped a hand around her back and arched her against his chest.

With a single, rough movement, he pushed into her.

Hermione's lips parted, followed by a moan - a mixture of pleasure and pain.

He thrusted steadily in and out of her as they kept eye contact. Their moans harmonised together like a never ending melody as they became one together.

A devilish grin swarmed Hermione's face as they rocked against each other.

Hermione swung over hands over Draco's neck as she dug her nails into his back the more he picked up the pace. Draco's expression faltered as the pain drove through him like a knife.

Draco moved a hand to Hermione's wrists - undoing the knot that held them in place. The tie slithered down his body as the friction disappeared from her skin.

With a swift movement, he lifted Hermione off the sink. Into the air and slammed her against the shower wall. It took the breath out of her as her back connected with the tiles.

It was only when Hermione accidentally grabbed the dial for the shower did she feel every little touch on her skin.

The pair of them grabbed each other tightly as they laughed - still not breaking contact as they stood under the running water together.

For a moment, there was nothing else on Hermione's mind.

Draco brought his mouth to Hermione's as he tightened his grip on her thighs, beginning to lift her up and down, making her ride him. Taking all of him.

He gradually began thrusting faster - causing a stir of feelings to begin mixing in her lower abdomen. Hermione could feel her walls clenching as he moved in and out of her as she started to come undone.

"Granger," Draco groaned into her ear, through her soaking curls. The hairs on her body stood directly upright as the vibrations of his voice rippled through her body.

"Mmmm," Hermione moaned, gripping his shoulders with all her might. She couldn't muster the words she needed to speak as Draco made her ride into climax.

"F... oh..."

The water pouring from the shower head splashed over their naked bodies - their skin effortlessly colliding together as the hot droplets burned into their skin.

Draco locked his eyes into Hermione's - and she saw it.

Possessive.

"Come. Come, Granger."

Hermione held onto Draco so tightly she thought he would crumble under her fingertips.

"You'll have to beg for it," she teased as she held back her orgasm.

Draco's faced turned dark.

"Fuck you, Granger."

He plummeted deeper inside of her. His possessive strike came oozing out of him as he fucked Hermione senseless.

She had no choice. She-

She came. Hard. All over him as his thrusts began to lose rhythm. As his face screwed up into pure ecstasy. Pleasure.

Hermione's insides had caught on fire - spreading throughout her wildly. She could barely hold on as every nerve ending in her body became ten times more noticeable.

She practically screamed in euphoria as she became overwhelmed with the feelings that were knotted inside her, unable to hold it in anymore.

She knew Draco felt it too.

He finished with one final blow. Powerful. Gripping.

He held onto her as they came undone together - their eyes meeting as the glimmer of light seeping through the window caused their eyes to sparkle.

After a moment, the location in which they stood became more noticeable. The water rushed down overhead as Draco gently put Hermione back onto the floor.

"Woah," she said, looking down at her legs as they shook uncontrollably.

Draco followed her gaze as he released a single breath disguised as a laugh. He towered over her as water droplets ran down their faces.

His platinum-white hair clung to his face as he watched her intently.

"Well," he stated with no specific intention.

"Well," Hermione replied back flatly.

Suddenly, the air was awkward.

Draco leaned out of the shower, pulling his wand from the inside of his trouser pocket. "Scourgify."

An array of bubbles crowded their bodies as the small flicker of light wisped from Draco's wand and curled around them.

Hermione laughed at him. "I am more than capable of cleaning myself."

He raised an eyebrow at her as he steadied his breathing. "No, I didn't know that at all."

She narrowed her eyes at him, debating a sarcastic response or to shut him down completely.

"Right." She blurted out, using her hands to lightly run over her body and lather the bubbles.

"You're funny, Granger."

She watched him as she continued to rub the soap into her skin. His face was unreadable.

"Amazing," she added, letting the water wash away the bubbles. "I'm off to get dressed. I'll meet you in the dining room."

Hermione walked out from under the water, grabbing her robes on the way out. She didn't acknowledge Draco as she shut the door, leaving him stood under the shower.

She pulled her suit trousers on, the few droplets from the shower preventing her from being able to put them on effortlessly. Hermione quickly slipped the button through the right hole as she fastened them together, pulling up the zip after.

She swung her body around, grabbing her blazer. The room was illuminated by the golden sun that plummeted through the window - causing the room to feel hot and stuffy.

She regretted sleeping with Malfoy.

But could she regret a mistake she made if she kept making it?

Could she even class it as a mistake anymore?

She furrowed her brows as she slid her arms through the sleeves, doing up the buttons on her blazer. Her mind ran wild with thoughts.

Hermione leant down, sliding the wooden box that she kept her wand in from under the bed and unboxed it again. She pulled out the wand, and dropped it into her blazer sleeve.

Quickly, she walked over to her bedside table, searching for the grip she needed to clip her hair back. Her hands pushed around the objects inhabiting the table - yet she couldn't see it anywhere.

Hermione picked up the book Malfoy had given her, to see if it was hiding underneath it.

Nowhere to be seen.

"Fuck's sake."

She slammed the book in her hands back down and turned around on her heels, startled by Malfoy standing in the doorframe.

"Merlin's bloody beard - do you knock?" She half shouted in shock. Hermione placed a hand on her hip and leant all her weight on one foot.

"You're dressed, are you not? He questioned her, quirking a brow.

"I - not the point, Malfoy."

"Wasn't complaining when I was banging you against the wall thirty minutes ago."

Hermione's mouth gawked open. The cheek-

She didn't even have the time to reply before he spoke again.

He watched her with a glint in his eye. "Come."

Draco turned on his heel and walked out of Hermione's room, and reluctantly - she followed. Into the dining room where he stood gulping down a glass of fire whiskey.

It obviously burned his throat - Hermione laughed quietly as he screwed his face together and shook his head side-to-side.

"A Death Eater such as yourself cannot even drink a glass of whiskey without pulling a face? How peculiar," she teased.

Draco turned around, causing makeshift lightening bolts to blast down to the ground next to him.

Draco Malfoy was indeed a storm that couldn't be reckoned with.

"Go on then," he jeered at her, grabbing the glass and using his wand to levitate the bottle of fire whiskey into the air - pouring it straight into the glass he was holding and handing it to her with certainty.

She hesitated for a moment, her gaze fixated firmly on the whiskey tumblr. A moment of silence lingered between the unlikely pair before Hermione wrapped her fingers around the glass.

She purely didn't want to lose.

Hermione snatched the glass from Malfoy, and took a large amount into her mouth before she had time to contemplate it.

Fire whiskey truly lived up to its name.

Hermione's mouth set alight - a fiendfyre soaring through her body. She felt as thought smoke was about to come pouring out her ears and nose, like a dragon.

No matter how hard she fought the urge - her face crumpled into a form of disgust as she forced the mouthful down her throat.

Draco burst into laughter as he watched Hermione's reaction to the alcohol.

"A Gryffindor like yourself cannot even handle her drink?" Malfoy snorted, taking the glass back from Hermione's trembling hands and downing the remaining contents of the tumblr.

Hermione rolled her eyes, crossing her arms tightly at her chest. "Ha ha."

The sarcasm oozed out of her lips as she took a deep breath in and huffed, the cold air colliding with the fire that still danced on her tongue.

"Not so big now, are you Granger?" He sneered with a devilish grin on his lips.

"Alright, I get it," Hermione scoffed.

Draco placed the glass by the bottle of fire whiskey on the kitchen counter, and extended his hand out to Hermione.

"Ready?"

She looked at his hands momentarily, fully accepting the high chance of her vomiting on yet another persons shoes.

"If I must," she replied - releasing her arms and wrapping her small hand into Draco's.

His hand swallowed her own, and he glanced at her for a moment, shooting her a cheeky grin before the world around them twisted into a mixture of colours and textures.

The swooped through the air together, the only thing in focus being the ring that inhabited Draco's finger.

Everything else was a blur.

Hermione could feel the fire whiskey in her stomach churning - slamming against the lining of her stomach and causing ripples throughout her body.

The apparation felt like it lasted for a lifetime.

When the world stopped spinning, Hermione looked around curiously. She swallowed hard in an attempt to push the feeling of nausea straight back down into her stomach. The lump that occupied Hermione's throat fought against her as she forced the saliva in her mouth down.

The fresh air was overwhelming. She knew that it wouldn't last forever - but she savoured every breath she took in.

"Where are we?" She questioned, her eyes searching the area surrounding them both.

They were stood on a large, uneven hill. The only thing she could see in the distance was green, and the beautiful blue sky.

Fields engulfed their surroundings for miles - overlapping each other and clashing together where they met in the distance.

The burning sun scorched Hermione's chest and face as she stood there in awe. It illuminated her skin - causing Hermione to realise how pale she actually was.

"If I wanted to take you on a day trip Granger, I wouldn't mind waiting for you whilst you gawk at the scenery. However, we're here on a mission. So get a move on," Malfoy snapped unnecessarily.

She rolled her eyes at him - and tore her eyes away from the hills. Turning around, her gaze was met with the most incredible castle she'd seen since Hogwarts.

"Woah."

"Welcome to the Montreuil-Bellay Castle," he announced, allowing Hermione a moment to admire the architecture that stood tall and overpowered the sights around her.

"It's beautiful," she cooed.

Draco took a deep breath in through his nostrils.

"It's a few bricks and some cement. Let's go."

Hermione tutted loudly at his comment, taking another long moment to admire the castle. Eventually, she forced herself to move in Draco's direction as he led the way.

"Don't let your guard down Granger. I don't know what's here and I cannot promise it's safe."

Hermione eyed him.

He was being genuine.

Only because she knew that if he brought her back with even a scratch on her - the Dark Lord would destroy his entire family - or what was left of it. He would go to the ends of the earth to make sure Draco suffered.

It was in that moment, Hermione realised she was only precious cargo.

She pulled her wand from her blazer sleeve and gripped it tightly.

At least she'd be prepared for the worst.

Her and Draco headed straight for the main entrance to the castle together in silence. Her heart gradually began to pump faster - causing Hermione's breathing to stagger.

"What do you think is here?" Hermione asked, cautiously approaching the door.

He took a moment to inspect the wood that was standing between them and the inside of the building before replying. He ran his fingers against the wood, as if searching for something.

"I don't know, Granger. That's why we're here, isn't it?"

One day, one day he might give a reasonable response, she thought to herself.

"I mean - you aren't wrong," she replied, twisting her wand between her fingers.

Draco slipped his wand from the inside of his blazer, tracing the centre of the door lightly before pulling it back and casting a familiar spell.

"Alohomora."

The door clunked loudly. Hermione could hear the heavy locks switching around inside the door like a set of cogs at work.

The sound highly reminded Hermione of her cell back at Hogwarts.

Eventually, the noise stopped. Draco shot Hermione a quick glance before flicking his wand in a formation that was used to move things.

The oversized, wooden door slowly creaked open - revealing the old interior within. Overgrown.

Ivy grew up the walls and wrapped around the pillars that stood tall within the castle. Moss had spread over the ground, only leaving a few slabs of concrete visible to the naked eye.

The thing that caught Hermione's eye the most was the grand staircase that led straight up and around the ground level of the building.

She'd imagined that there would've been a time where Muggles would've visited the castle. Much like a tourist attraction.

Just like she used to do with her parents as a child.

But - the building looked desolate from within.

Hermione felt like she related, in a sort of way.

Draco brought his index finger to his lips, silencing Hermione. She followed his lead as he walked inside with caution.

"Stay close," he whispered, stalking through the main hall.

Hermione stuck relatively close behind, trying her best to silence the sound of her heels connecting with the floor. The thickness of the moss helped muffle the noise as she walked through.

There was only silence.

But sometimes - the silence could be too loud in itself.

Deafeningly loud.

They made their way up the grand staircase, Hermione allowing Draco to walk ahead of her. She had to have eyes on the back of her head if she were to feel completely safe.

She knew Mad-Eye would've been the perfect person to bring on the mission - had Lord Voldemort lost the war.

But then again - the likelihood of Hermione even being in France, scoping out an abandoned castle with Draco Malfoy of all people would be extremely low had the Order overpowered the Dark Lord himself and gained victory over the Dark Arts.

They were greeted by another oversized wooden door - which Hermione could only assume led to more and more unnecessarily large slabs of wood leading to more irrelevant rooms.

She knew that this was only the beginning of a deep labyrinth.

Draco pushed the door lightly - causing a semi-audible bang to echo through the two rooms surrounding the door.

A deafening screech spread throughout the castle, causing Hermione and Draco to immediately meet each others eyes.

"What the hell was that?" Hermione barely whispered to him as her voice shuddered.

"I don't know. Be on your guard."

She was used to the screaming echoing throughout Hogwarts - but this - this was different. It sent shivers down Hermione's spine as she tried her best to keep her composure.

This was like a battle cry - a summoning of hell. Whatever made the noise seemed to Hermione like it was opening the gates of the underworld.

The air shifted. Fear struck Hermione on the back of her head like a migraine.

She didn't feel fear. She was a Gryffindor.

Gryffindor's were brave over all. Yet - in this moment - Hermione felt further from brave over anything.

She hadn't been on the battlefield in years. She hadn't fought with her wand in years. Let alone cast a spell powerful enough to protect herself.

She bit down on her lip - hard.

"You wanna do this?" Draco asked her genuinely. He stayed unnaturally still as he awaited Hermione to give confirmation.

She dropped her gaze and allowed her eyes to hover at the patches of moss on the ground. Following the roots in which they spread across the concrete as a distraction.

"Granger."

"Yeah. Sorry."

He jabbed her lightly in the arm with his wand. "Come on then."

She wanted to tell him how terrified she was to be put into a position where she'd appear vulnerable. That even though she threatened Draco over and over, she didn't know if she could bring herself to walk through the door.

But she couldn't. If she admitted it - the power she held would perish.

With Dolohov, it was different. She had no choice.

But here - she did. She could choose to walk away. That's what dug deep and nested inside Hermione like a parasite.

Her stomach churned.

Maybe she didn't carry as much power on her shoulders as she would've liked to have hoped. Maybe - being locked away in the dungeons in Hogwarts was her safety net.

Hermione could carry power when she was under the Dark Lord's protection.

She was his power. His secret weapon.

Here - the only thing coming between her and death was Draco.

Strategic suicide suddenly placed its card on the table in front of Hermione.

Her palms were clammy as she blinked long and hard.

"Alright."

"Let's do this," he said.

Draco extended his arm again, flicking his wrists to cast the spell.

"Alohomora," Draco whispered, watching as the door opened.

The creaking plummeted throughout the remainder of the castle that was visible to Hermione and Draco. On the other side of the door, another long hall stood proud and tall.

It reminded Hermione of the Great Hall back in Hogwarts.

She pictured her, Ron and Harry laughing over various different dishes around the Gryffindor table. The way Ron gorged over desserts - causing Hermione to once again mock his constant eating habits.

She was dressed in her robes - talking like the world was never going to end.

But - the sad truth of it all, was the moment the Order fell - the world came crashing down for Hermione. It ended in a blink.

Yet - they never protected her. So why should she care?

Draco led the way through the castle once again. Hermione followed with extreme caution behind, opening her eyes to all possibilities on what - or who - would appear around the corner.

They reached the middle of the room. The walls swallowed them as the sunshine beamed down through the skylights.

A faint shuffle travelled around the room. Wherever Hermione thought she saw a shadow - following the movements with her eyes warily - each time she reached the movement - it was gone.

Draco looked at Hermione for a split second - gesturing her to get behind him. She turned away from him - the pair of them facing two different ways.

Covering each corner - each other. Back to back.

"Malfoy-"

"I know. Keep your eyes peeled. Don't let your guard down. Not even for a second."

Hermione swallowed away the fear. "I know."

Walking back to back, the pair slowly moved across the hall - onto another room. Even though the afternoon sun roamed down onto them - Hermione was cold.

Icey cold. Like she had frostbite.

Another scream.

It was closer.

Too close.

Hermione winced heavily - bringing both her hands to her ears to protect her ear drums from bursting.

"Granger - watch out!"

In the blink of an eye, a large, black cloaked figure flew over Hermione's head - causing her curls to get carried away in the gust of wind.

She ducked right in time as it swooped around the top of the building, dark magic filling the room. Hermione watched it wide-eyed as Draco took a defensive stance and extended his arm to attack.

"What in Merlin's name is that?" Hermione shouted back to him, keeping her feet firmly planted on the ground.

"It looks like a Dementor - but it doesn't at the same time," he admitted back to her, his voice echoing through the hall.

"Malfoy - if that's not a Dementor, we need to be carefu-"

The creature darted back to the ground with a swift movement, circling Draco and Hermione tightly. It was suffocating - causing Hermione to scream in fear.

Every time the creature swooped past Hermione's face, she closed her eyes. She could feel the ground shaking beneath her feet as she began to fling curses left, right and centre in a poor attempt to protect herself.

After what felt like forever, it stopped. The wind calmed - and reluctantly - Hermione opened her eyes and searched the room once more.

"We need to move," Hermione called out, her voice shaking.

Silence.

"I said we need to move, Dra-"

Hermione turned her head for a moment - enough to see behind her.

He was gone. Left her all alone in her deepest fears.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," she mumbled, oozing with terror.

When she turned her head back in the direction she was standing in, she was greeted by a row of dark figures.

Green skin. Almost dead - like it was rotting. Gaunt facial features stared in Hermione's direction over and over again as she assessed them as quickly as she could.

Dressed in full black - and hair that trailed over the floor. Hermione watched the group of creatures with caution.

They were Banshees. It would explain the scream, Hermione thought.

She felt like her guts had completely dropped out of her body.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck."

She gripped her wand as tightly as she could, afraid the wood would crack beneath her fingers and she'd be left completely defenceless.

"Bombarda!" Hermione screamed at the top of her lungs, quickly flickering her wand in the direction of the Banshees.

A loud explosion collided with Hermione's vision as she watched the group of Banshees slowly stalking through the flames.

Hermione's heart was pounding hard against her ribcage in an attempt to escape from her chest.

"Bombarda!"

Another explosion.

They continued to walk forward toward her, and she began edging backward slowly.

"Where the hell are you, Draco?"

In the middle of the group, one of the Banshees mouths opened. Hermione watched, calculating its move.

Without warning, another deafening scream emitted from its mouth, causing Hermione to scream back. She felt like her ears were going to explode as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Don't let your guard down. Not even for a second."

Hermione's eyes flicked open instantly at the sound of Draco's voice echoing through her mind like a wildfire.

They'd advanced closer, spreading around the room and surrounding her. Hermione's gaze scanned the room quickly.

"Flipendo!"

Around her, the Banshees were thrown back, their feet scuffing against the concrete.

"Come on, think, Hermione," she muttered, panicking.

She had it.

"Silencio!"

The spell cast around the room like a storm pouring down on the world below. Hermione panicked when no light emitted from her wand - taking her a moment to think back to her Charms classes back in school.

"The Silencio Charm does not release light. You will only know if the charm has been performed correctly if they are of course, silenced."

Hermione's eyes scurried across the room frantically. One by one, each Banshee closed in on her, amplifying her fear.

Without thinking, Hermione screamed out a dark spell. The darkest she knew.

Multicoloured wisps of light spat out of her wand like an explosion, causing Hermione to be engulfed in luminescence.

The Banshees delivered a final blow. Each and every one of them released a deafening scream as their bodies began to evaporate into the air, nearly rendering Hermione unconscious.

She held her wand firmly - the spell continuing to spill from her wand as she went lightheaded.

She gritted her teeth together, almost sure her jaw was going to break from the pressure.

It was only when the world went black, did Hermione realise that maybe there wasn't anything standing between her and death at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 971 3
The war grinds on, and Hermione Granger, lead intelligence for the Order of the Pheonix, is captured. Unable to crack her through interrogation witho...
71.6K 1.3K 46
What will happen if Hermione Granger falls in love with a blond Slytherin? When their secret relationship is uncovered at Christmas, not by one of th...
330K 10.5K 65
[Dramione] Hermione Granger cannot wait to start her first year at Hogwarts and, when she meets Draco Malfoy on the express train, she's even more ce...
1.5M 31.1K 77
"If you weren't so important to The Dark Lord, I'd kill you right now" "If I still had my wand, you'd be dead already" Nine years after the Battle o...