Love So Far

By StarsAndMoon1447

Book 2 of the For Our Love series! This is not a standalone book. It's all about second chances for the suppo... More

Second Chances
Hani
Forgiveness
Tragedy Brings Us Together
Marriage
Birthday Party!
Family Means Everything
Friendship Is A Blessing
Sleepover
Issues
Shattered
Guilt
Hania Is Two!
Emotions
Support
In Hot Water
Differences
Closer Together
An Honest Officer
Goodbyes Are Hard
Zoya
Making Amends
One Large Happy Family?
Change and Conscience
Heart
Like Old Times
Consideration
Wives
Husbands
Ruined
Little Sisters
Dua From the Heart
Love Bites
Iman
Flashbacks of the Past
Baat Pakki
Shattered Life
Weddings & Planning
Preparations
The Good is Rewarded
Struggles
Dosti (Friendship)
Mehendi
Baraat
Nazar (Evil Eye)
Loved Ones
Discipline
Difficult Times
Emotional Bonds
Peace
Inheritance and Values
Deeds
New Bonds
The Sheikh Siblings
Family
Feel At Fault
Soulmates
Our Story
Farewell
Happily Ever After
Epilogue
Meri Mohabbat

Celebrations

2.9K 196 433
By StarsAndMoon1447

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Fawad

"Is there anything I can do to ensure that Jasmina can travel to Pakistan without facing any health issues?" I was on the phone with my wife's doctor.

I felt guilty for overreacting and was trying to find a way to fix things. I was not the sort of person who can stay angry at someone for long, especially not at Mina.

I listened to the doctor's advice, made notes, and once the call ended, leaned back in the chair of my study, thinking things through. The doctor, naturally, had given me good advice as to how Mina could safely fly to Pakistan. Plus, there were plenty of doctors there, first and foremost, her Ammi. They had connections to doctors in the hospital where our families worked.

I got up and headed upstairs. Mina was sitting on the bed, with Iman beside her and Hania playing at the foot of the bed. My wife looked like she desperately wanted to sleep. "Has Iman been fed?"

Mina nodded.

"Great. Get some sleep. I'll take care of the girls." I reached out and picked Iman up. "Come on, Hani." 

"Fawad, I'm sorry." My wife looked up at me, guilt etched on her face.

"No, I am. I overreacted. But you should have known that I put your life about everything and anything else." I spoke quietly, as Hania got off the bed and wrapped her arm around my leg.

"I know. Which is why it was absolutely ridiculous for me to even ask that question." She slid down into bed.

"Get some sleep. We'll talk when you wake up." Carrying Iman, I took my daughters out of our bedroom and into the nursery. 

Hania immediately got overexcited being in the nursery. "Hani Papa, tea party!" 

"Okay, sure." I set Iman down into Hania's cot after kissing her forehead.

"My cot!" Hania sulked, pouted angrily.

"She's your little sister, meri jaan. You should share." 

Hania peeked through the bars of her cot at her sister. "Mani doll?" 

I got down on my knees beside my elder daughter. "Yes, our Mani doll." I wrapped an arm around Hania's shoulders and kissed her cheek. Her shoulders seemed so small under my arm that I didn't put much weight on it, not wanting to hurt my daughter even accidentally.

Hani leaned her head against my shoulder and I kissed her forehead. I had a great family, Alhumdulillah, and I was grateful to Mina for it, after Allah of course. By sending Jasmina to Pakistan in such a delicate state, I would be risking her life and all of this. Despite the doctor's good advice, the fact remained that the doctor preferred that Mina didn't travel right now.

Hania began to set up her little pink table with her 'tea' items. On one small chair rested her Teddy Bear, on another chair was her Hani doll, and on the third chair was Hania herself. She got me to sit on the floor beside her, and it was hilarious how everything seemed so small compared to me. Pouring invisible tea into a tea cup, she placed the cup onto a saucer and handed it to me.

"Thank you, Hani." 

It wasn't just Mina's duty to take care of, our play with, our daughters. And I've noticed how excited Hania got whenever Mina or I played with her. Little kids needed company too, and until Mani was old enough, she'll have to make do with her parents. 

"Mama sad?" Hani randomly asked me, looking worried about her mother.

"No, jaan." I ruffled her hair. "Mama's just tired." I was a strict believer in honesty, but what could come out of worrying a toddler? 

"Hani loves Mama." She said. 

I gave her a hug. "I know, baby. I love her too." Which was why I needed a solution to cheer my wife up.

****

"Look, Mina, I know you're disappointed." I took her hand in mine. "Frankly speaking, so am I. I would have loved to be there to see Arhaan happy as well, but while your circumstances are stopping you, my job is stopping me." 

 The girls were both taking a nap, and I was sitting in the living room with Mina after she had woken up from her nap.

"But we'll celebrate here, in our own way. I've taken a day off the day of the Nikah, and we can watch the ceremony through a video call together." I said. "I'll even take you and the girls out during the day, if you want." 

 She climbed onto my lap sideways, resting her head against my shoulder and started crying.

"Mina..."

"Please let me cry for a bit." She whispered. "I need this, and you're the only one I can openly cry in front of." 

I held her tightly as she cried away in my arms, her disappointment pouring out in the form of tears. My shirt was soaking wet with her tears, but I didn't care. If this helped her, then she could cry as much as she wanted.

"Main khudgarz hoon. Pyar karta hoon tumse. Nahin reh sakta tumhare baghair, is liye main tumhain jaane bhi nahin de sakta." I whispered.

*"I'm selfish. I love you. I can't live without you, and that's why I can't let you go." 

Despite the doctor's advice, despite all considerations, I didn't want her to fly right now. I'd even considered booking tickets in First Class, but no matter how comfy and easier the upper class services are, the body still has to face the sudden change in time differences, and there was no guarantee who Mina's health would be affected by flying to Lahore. She may end up find, but if there was even the slightest chance of anything happening to her, I wasn't going to take the risk.

Even Iman was barely a month old, and even though she could fly at this point, it was June in Pakistan, and even though our families lived in air-conditioned homes, Iman might not be able to adjust well to the temperature, air, water. These were all considerations that we must make for her sake as well.

Even disappointments are a part of Allah's greater plan, and I had no doubt that this disappointment of ours was preventing us from facing greater hardships.

*****

Zoya

The Nikah ceremony was held at a beautiful wedding venue close to our home.

Despite everything Sadia Bhabi had done, my parents-in-law had taken her into consideration, and not organised it at home.

I got ready at a parlour with Fariha, with both of us laughing and giggling like teenagers as the beauticians and hairstylists worked on us one by one. 

"Watch Ahad's mouth drop open as he sees me." I grinned at her reflection in the mirror, as she was getting her hair done beside me.

"Zafar will give me his heart stopping dimpled smile and immediately say, 'Ma Sha Allah'." Fariha shyly lowered her gaze, smiling.

I wore a heavily embroidered ivory kameez with embroidered lace arms, long with a very pale purple shalwar and a dupatta with gold sequins over it. It was a little heavy for my taste, but I had made up my mind to fully enjoy my first wedding in my Sasural

Fariha, meanwhile, wore a beautiful peach lace sari. Initially the blouse was very cropped, so she had one especially made to match the oufit. While I had a braid done with a paranda entwined through it, Fariha had curled her hair, while keeping it pinned away from her face (for Zaid purposes). 

Ahad was going to pick us both up, because it didn't make sense for both the guys to come, especially since Zafar Bhai had to deal with his sons as well.

And when Ahad arrived, his mouth did drop open. "Ma Sha Allah." He got out of the car, his gaze on me, as Fariha tried to hide her smile.

"Tumhari mehfil main aa gaye hain, to kyun na hum yeh bhi kaam karlain. Salaam karne ki aarzo hai, idhar jo dekho, salaam karlain." I draped the dupatta over my head, and acted like a Mughal princess as I got closer to my husband. "Adab arz hai, Shehenshah.

*Song: 'Salaam' from Umrao Jaan. "I've come into your gathering, so why don't I do this. I have a desire to say Salaam, look here so that I can greet you." 
"I offer you my respect, King." 

Now Fariha couldn't control her laughter. She clutched her stomach as she laughed hard. "You two are truly made for each other, Zoya. Ma Sha Allah." 

Ahad was just grinning. "Shehehshah ka to Nikah hai. Hum to ek maamoli se shehzade hain."

*"The King is the one getting married. I'm merely a prince."

"I'm going to sit in the car or call Zafar. It's up to you both." Fariha smiled, before opening the back door of the car. 

"We'll have plenty of time later." I whispered, patting Ahad's lightly-bearded cheek lovingly, before turning to walk around to the the front passenger side of the car. 

"I'm waiting eagerly." He muttered quietly, but I heard him and I smiled to myself.

****

Nazia Bhabi was going to have the Nikah done first, and Fari and I went into the room to witness it. 

Our almost Badi Bhabi looked absolutely stunning in a very pale yellow lehenga with silver embroidery. The dupatta was pink, with a heavy silver border. Her make-up wasn't over-the-top, but she didn't need it. She looked amazing in natural shades, Ma Sha Allah. 

"Qabool Hai." Nazia Bhabi whispered for the third and final time. 

I hugged Fariha tightly first, as she was the closest to me. I actually had tears in my eyes as I thought that our angelic Arhaan Bhai was finally close to his happiness (In Sha Allah).

And then Nazia Bhabi's mother and sisters hugged us, and everyone congratulated us.

As everyone began to leave to witness Arhaan Bhai's 'Qabool Hai' part, I noticed Fariha looking worried.

"What's up, Fairy?"

"Oh God, not you too!" Fariha groaned. "Only Bhai calls me that, and only because I can't get him to stop." 

"Well, I'm like your sister, so get over it. You can't stop me either." I teased her. "Why the sad face?" 

"Zafar and the boys aren't here yet." She glanced down at her phone. "I asked him to contact me when he gets here, but so far...nothing."

"Don't worry. I'll get Ahad to find out." I squeezed her shoulder. "If Zafar Bhai is not here yet, Ahad's probably going to be furious as well right now." 

Indeed, Ahad was standing in the lobby, dialling Zafar Bhai's number, frowning in irritation. "Kithay reh gaya hai eh khota?" 

*"Where is that donkey?"

"Ahad!" I glared at him, as Fariha was right beside me.

"Sorry, Bhabi." Ahad sighed. "I told him to come early, but he's avoiding work, as usual."

"Oh? He's the one who avoids work?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

He looked at me, confused. "I thought you were going to be video calling Jazzy during Bhabi's Nikah?" 

"I was..." I put both hands over my mouth, horrified. "Oh my God. I completely forgot. I left my phone with Ammi and I didn't video call her." I looked at Fariha, who I knew for a fact hadn't either. "Jasmina's going to kill us both." 

"You guys go in." Fariha said. "You both need to be there for Arhaan Bhai. I'll wait for Zafar out here."

"Bhabi, I'll wait. You go." Ahad told her.

"It's okay, Ahad. Jasmina's not here either, so it's not right that his only present sibling misses his Nikah as well."

"Let us know when he comes." I told her, before Ahad and I walked inside.

****

Fariha

I was genuinely getting worried sick. This was so unlike Zafar that it made me think that something bad had happened. He wasn't answering his phone either.

"Mamma!" A familiar voice seemed to breathe life back into me.

I whirled around and saw Omar and Saad running towards me, followed by a sheepish Zafar, who was carrying Zaid. "Where were you?!" 

"Mamma, Saad was hungry." Omar explained. "He was throwing a tantrum, so Papa stopped to get us some chicken nuggets from McDonalds." 

"And I forgot to charge my phone after work." Zafar shrugged. His gaze then ran up and down my body, and his dimpled smile appeared. "Ma Sha Allah." 

"That's why you should get me a phone, Mamma." Omar said, cheekily. "It will help in situations like this." 

"Acha ji?" I pinched his cheek. "Or, your Papa can just remember to charge his phone!" I looked up at Zafar, smiled.

"Can I get a phone too, Mamma?" Saad asked.

"Sure, and Zaid can get one too." I replied, sarcastically. "Boys, forget about it for a few years at least." 

"Where's Ahad Uncle?" Saad asked. "I want to show him my watch!" He lifted his wrist up to show his Iron Man watch. He, like Omar, was wearing a black sherwani that was matching Zafar's. Their little sherwanis were so adorable that I hugged my two sons tightly, before reciting Ayat-ul-Kursi over them. 

"Ahad Uncle's inside. Omar, take him inside, please. Straight inside." I pointed towards the hall. 

Omar nodded, and he and Saad ran inside, excited to meet Ahad Uncle. Ahad was really popular. Even Ismael and Hania completely adored him. 

I turned to Zafar. "You really don't have to listen to everything they ask for." 

"Baap hoon. Aulaad ko bhooka kaise rehne de sakta hoon?" He winked at me.

*"I'm a father. How can I let my child remain hungry?"

He was holding Zaid in one arm, so I grabbed his other hand and lifted it up to my mouth and kissed it. "Zafar, meri dil se dua hai ke Dua aur Mahnoor ko bhi aise pyar karne wale, aise ache shohar naseeb hoon." 

*"Zafar, I pray from my heart that Dua and Mahnoor also get such loving, such good husbands." 

"Ameen." His smiled, looking very pleased. "Bus, In Sha Allah, Dua ki shaadi bhi ache se ho jaye agle haftay."

*"I hope that Dua's wedding goes well as well, next week."

"In Sha Allah." I said. "We'll do everything to give her the wedding of a lifetime, the best that we can give her. Now, let's go before Ahad gets angrier."

"He's going to kill me. I promised to get here early." 

"Make sure you confront him near Zoya." I laughed. "He'll be cool then." I began to walk away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Aapko dekh ke dil karta hai ke kash aaj humari shaadi ki raat hoti." He said, quietly.

*"Looking at you, I wish that it was our wedding night."

I knew exactly what he meant by that and my cheeks felt like they were on fire. I freed myself, smiling, and then headed inside. 

****

Arhaan

"Qabool Hai." I said, for the third and final time.

I signed the Nikah Nama, and the duas were made.

Everyone congratulated each other, and yet, I was feeling a little down.

I was severely feeling the absence of my little sister and my best friend. Jasmina would have been right there, eagerly participating in everything, even through her weakness. Her brothers' happiness meant the world to her. 

And Fawad? I don't remember a major event in my life when he wasn't there for me. Whether it was winning in a race during Sports' Day at school, graduation, becoming a doctor, or my first wedding. God, he was even there to 'grieve' with me when my sister was born. He said he understood the headache of having a little sister. Funny how that turned out. The boy who was sympathising with me at Jasmina's birth had now missed my second (and happier) marriage for the sake of that very same Jasmina (and his job, but it wasn't like he would have come without her, even if he had time off).

"Congratulations!" Ahad gave me a tight hug. "May Allah always bless you with a lifetime of happiness, Bhai. Ameen." 

During my first wedding, when Ahad had congratulated me similarly, Jazzy had ran forward and joined the group hug. 

"Pagal hai, laikin uski kami mehsoos ho rahi hai." Ahad gave me a small smile as he pulled away, probably understanding what I was feeling.

*"She's crazy, but I can feel her absence."

"Didn't anyone video call her?" I asked.

"We tried, but the network signal here is very s****y." Ahad shook his head. "She'll kill us." 

"This feels weird without her." I admitted. "And, without Fawad as well. He's never missed out anything major in my life. They even came for a week when Ibrahim was born." 

"When Allah decides something, it's for everyone's best." Ahad said. "I would rather have a healthy sister all the way in London, then to have her here but be sick and in a potentially life-threatening condition."

"True." I nodded, patting his back. "I'm still not used to you speaking so wisely." 

"Well, I need to be, otherwise, compared you, I'll always look like a criminal bad boy." 

We both laughed. 

And then Nazia was brought out, and I felt mesmerised.

She looked absolutely beautiful as she walked up to the stage. I stepped up and held out my hand, and she slid her hand into mine. I was unable to take my eyes off her for even one minute. I was glad that she didn't trim her eyebrows. I found them very cute, and as her husband now, I can even openly admit it. From what I knew about her, she was a compassionate, charitable person, and I hoped that her nature was as nice as her reputation. When I'd married Sadia, even she was a nice and sweet person.

"Assalam Alaikum." I said, holding her hand as we turned to face the crowd. 

"Walaikum Assalam." She said, shyly.

"Oy hoi! Kaun zayada sharma raha hai, dulha ya dulhan?" Ahad teased.

*"Oh! Who is more shy, the groom or the bride?"

I glared at him.

"Har ghar main ek cheeky dewar ya bhai to zaroor hota hai." Nazia said in a low voice, smiling, with her gaze still lowered.

*"Every home has a cheeky brother-in-law (husband's brother) or brother."

I was pleasantly surprised and I laughed and Ahad bowed, proudly. "Woh to pata nahin, laikin humara Ahad to bilkul lakhon main ek hai."

*"I don't know about that, but our Ahad is one in a million." 

I patted my brother's shoulder. He had come a long way, and I felt an almost fatherly pride every time I looked at this changed man.

****

Zoya

Where there was a wedding, there was gossip.

I could make a list of things that I overheard at the wedding.

"Why didn't the bride trim her eyebrows?"

"Thodi si effort to dalni chahiye thi na use apni appearance main."

*"She should have put more effort in her appearance."

And there was that one conversation which amused me as much as it made me mad. Amused in the sense that I couldn't understand how people came up with some stuff.

"Jasmina nazar nahin aayi?"

"Aapko pata nahin hai? Uske shohar ne use ijazat nahin di. Sadia ke dramon ke baad, uska shohar usay is family se dour rakhta hai."

"Allah! Fawad is type ka lagta to nahin hai!"

"Aap hi sochain, aur kyar wajah ho sakti hai ke akloti behan apne bade bhai ki shaadi pe nahin aayi?"

*"I don't see Jasmina?" 

"You don't know? Her husband didn't allow her to come. After Sadia's dramas, Jasmina's husband keeps her away from this family."

"Allah! Fawad doesn't seem that type."

"Think about it, what other reason  could there be for the only sister not to attend her big brother's wedding?"

I walked over to those ladies. "Newspaper main article chapna hai jo aap yeh sari details pooch rahi hain?"

*"Do you want to publish an article in the newspaper that you're asking all these details?"

"Beta, why didn't Jasmina come?" That random lady had the nerve to ask.

"Everyone who has to know the answer to that already knows. I'm not sure that anyone else needs to know." I tried to remain polite, but they were seriously testing my patience. "Please enjoy your dinner." Don't choke on it, considering how your mouths are already filled with so much bulls**t.

****

Fariha

"Fariha, beta?" An elderly uncle who lived near my parents' house asked. He was a mutual friend of my Papa and Asad Uncle.

"Yes, Uncle?" 

"Jasmina aur Fawad nahin aaye?" He frowned. "Ajeeb baat hai. Akloti behan aur behnoyi hain, aur upar se Fawad and Arhaan ki dosti to mashoor hai."

*"Jasmina and Fawad didn't come?"
"It's strange. They're the only sister and brother-in-law, and also Fawad and Arhaan's friendship is infamous."

"Bhai ka kaam tha, Uncle. Aur unki pichle mahine hi beti hui hai, Ma Sha Allah. Bhabi ki nazuk halat thi, to isliye." I was too polite to tell him to mind his own business.

*"Bhai had work. And they had a daughter last month, Ma Sha Allah. Bhabi is in a fragile state, so that's why..."

A lady nearby had overheard. "Ek aur beti? Ek beta to hona hi chahiye, warna sara bojh bechare Fawad pe hi rahe ga, humesha."

*"Another daughter? They should have at least one son, otherwise the entire burden will always remain on poor Fawad."
***I'm not even exaggerating. The things I've overheard at WEDDINGS in real life have seriously shocked me. 

"Ma Sha Allah, daughters are a blessing of Allah, and to think otherwise is a sin." I said, pursing my lips.

"No doubt daughters are a blessing, but sons are necessary." Someone actually said that.

"So, if someone only has daughters?" I asked.

"Maybe they are being punished for their sins?" A man shook his head. 

"How can Allah's blessings be punishment?" I was confused. "Mere maa baap hamesha kehte hain ke jinhe Allah betiyan deta hai, unki zimaydari poori karne ka bandobast bhi Allah khud karta hai. Agar Allah ki nehmat ko bojh keh kar koso gaye, to Allah naraz ho jata hai. Badnaseeb woh loug hote hain jinhain beti ki kadar nahin hoti, woh loug nahin jinka beta na ho.

*"My parents always say that whoever Allah blesses with daughters, He himself provides the means to fulfil their responsibilities. If you call Allah's blessing a 'burden', He will get angry. The people who are unfortunate are the ones who don't value daughters, not the ones who don't have sons."

I've never faced discrimination from my parents, but I've heard other relatives and family members treat me and Fawad Bhai differently. It got worse when I married Umair. People like my late Bisma Khalla had always called me a disgrace for choosing my own husband. She had always treated me like I was a stranger, whereas Bhai was always the apple of her eyes. Even Dadi, who loved me dearly, clearly had favourites. I swear, if my brother was a mean and arrogant jerk because of it, I would have resented him. But he had always compensated me for any discrimination I faced. If he got more money than me for any occasion, he gave me some of his own so that we were equal. When he got into one of the best universities of London, he was showered with money, practically. When I got in, I was showered with questions like, "Itni dour parhai karne jayegi?", and, "Ise itne padhane ka faida kya hai?" But, Bhai always gave me the best gifts, and extra money, to celebrate my success.

*"She'll go so far to study?"
"What's the point of making her study so much?"

So, how was I supposed to be standing here while people said crap about the fact that my brother had another daughter?  

"Jab maa baap ke paise khatam ho jaate hain betiyon ki shaadiyon main, tab pata chalta hai." The man said. "Tum khush naseeb ho, tumhare bete hain sirf."

*"When parents run out of money while organising their daughters' weddings, then they realise."
"You're lucky, you only have sons."

"To kisne kaha hai ke shaadi pe itna kharcha karein, jab Islam main to hai hi simplicity ka concept?" I snapped. "Agar shaadiyon pe aakay bhi mohal kharab karna hota hai, to kyun aae hain? Muft ke khaane ke liye?"

*"Then who said to marry off your daughters so lavishly, when Islam only has the concept of simplicity?"
"If you want to come to weddings and spoil the atmosphere, why do you come? To eat free food?"

"Fari..." Zafar suddenly appeared at my side.

"Mere Bhai aur unki family ke baare main baatein kar rahe hain, Zafar!" I looked at him, as he gently guided me away from there.

*"They were talking about my brother and his family."

"Aap to lag raha that hamla kardain gi un pe." He looked amused. "Back up bula loon?" 

*"You looked like you were about to attack them."
"Shall I call for back up?"

"Zafar..."

"Chote dimagh kharab baaton se itne bhare hote hain ke un main achi baaton ki jaga hi nahin hoti. Is liye unhain kuch samjhane ka koi faida nahin hai." He said. 

*"Small minds are so filled with rubbish things that there's no room in them for the good stuff. That's why there's no point in trying to explain to them."

Suddenly, we heard music from near the stage, and we turned to see Ahad standing in front of the stage, gesturing for Zafar to come over. 

"Go! Your bestie needs a dance companion." I smiled. 

Zafar walked over, and even my babies Saad and Omar joined them and the rest of Ahad and Arhaan Bhai's friends. As promised, Ahad had orgnaised a Bhangra dance and I laughed as they all really got into it. Saad was trying to join in, just as enthusiastically, but he fell over a couple of times, and Omar immediately helped him up.

"Now I know why they say the phrase, 'Maa Sadqay'." I muttered under my breath, before silently praying to Allah to protect them from all evil eyes.

Meanwhile, Zaid was sitting in my Ammi's arms. Afreen Aunty was sitting beside her, and the two were chatting away. 

Ahad forced Arhaan Bhai to join the dance, and he came down, but he looked too shy to dance. But my Officer Shy also pulled him, and Arhaan Bhai gave in. 

"Come on." Zoya immediately found me and grabbed my arm. "Let's go and have a chat with the new Bhabi." She dragged me to the stage and we sat down on either side of Nazia Bhabi. "Bhabi, listen. We're all a team here. For your main issues, you turn to Arhaan Bhai, and for the general issues, you can come to us any time. I'm there, in that house anyway, but Fariha is just as supportive. We ladies have to be united against the general issues." 

I liked how she indirectly warned her, but also made sure that Nazia Bhabi would never feel alone if she ever had to deal with that situation, which she certainly would have to. "Absolutely."

"Women supporting women and all." Zoya smiled warmly. "But Arhaan Bhai is awesomeness, so In Sha Allah, you both will ensure each other's happiness." 

"In Sha Allah. And thank you, both. It honestly makes me feel better. You both know how anxious a woman is on her wedding day, so yeah, these words are very reassuring." Nazia smiled at us both.

"Welcome to the family, Mrs Nazia Arhaan." Zoya gave her a one-armed hug.

****

Jasmina

I threw my phone, so it smashed into the wall by the TV.

I had been controlling my emotions until my daughters were asleep, but now I could cry all I want. 

Not only had Fawad been called in for an emergency, but I couldn't get through anyone at home. Well, I had audio-called Ammi for a while, but then she got busy. 

And now here I was, all alone, on the day that my Arhaan Bhai possibly found his true happiness.

I sat down on the sofa, imagining my parents, my brothers, everyone together. My shoulders shook with sobs and I cried out in frustration. Maybe I was being immature, but it seriously hurt.

WHY COULDN'T I BE THERE?!

Suddenly, I heard the key turning in the front door and I frowned. Fawad barely left an hour ago, how was he back already? I got up and headed out into the hallway, just as he basically stumbled in.

"Fawad!" I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. "What happened?" 

"Kuch nahin, yaar. Bukhar ho gaya hai halka sa. Unhoon ne kaha ghar jao." He said.

*"Nothing. I have a little fever. They said to go home."

I reached up and pressed the back of my hand against his forehead. "Allah! Fawad, yeh thoda sa hai? Aag main zayada thandak ho gi is waqt."

*"Fawad, is this 'a little'. Fire is cooler than you right now."

"It's exhaustion, apparently. I've overworked myself." He muttered.

"Chalain. Aapko upar le kar jaati hoon. Aap aaram karain aur main aap ke liye soup banati hoon." I said. "Aur bed se nahin uthna aapne, samjhe?" 

*"Let's go. I'll take you upstairs. You rest and I will make soup for you."
"Don't get out of bed, understand?"

And it was as if Allah had given me an answer.

If I had gone, Fawad would have been here anyway because of his job. And the idea of him being here alone with a high fever, while I enjoyed Bhai's wedding, crushed my heart. He wouldn't have told me, and he would have suffered alone, whereas I would be enjoying obliviously.

I started to truly understand his stance on me staying here. Health before anything else. For him, it was my health, and for me it was his health. 

I was willing to sacrifice anything and everything, as long as it meant that I was beside Fawad, supporting him when he needed me. I loved him so, so much that nothing mattered more to me.

"Koi baat nahin. Bukhar se bhi gunaah jhadh te hain." He said, softly.

*"Don't worry. Sins are forgiven when someone has a fever."

"Woh sab theek hai. Laikin Allah ka lakh lakh shukar hai ke main yahan hoon." I said. "Main rakhon gi aap ka sahi khayal."

*"That's all fine. But, a million thanks to Allah that I'm here."
"I'll take good care of you."

Allah really does everything for a reason.

****

We Muslims believe that Allah does everything for a good reason, even if we feel initially disappointed.

Arhaan is married again! Excited for him?

Ahad and Zoya are equally dramatic lol.

Today you saw a fierce side of Fariha. Clearly she needed a police officer to control her ;)

Thoughts and comments?

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 254 21
The love story of a trio these 3 girls a incomplete without each other they love everyone and they all are kind soul these three girls fell in Love...
38.2K 1.2K 22
IZTIRAAR اِضْطِرار The perfect word to describe her helplessness. Can you love and lose. Can you hate Can you choose. Insia wanted to fight for her...
496K 26.7K 76
"What's meant to be, will always find its way." Jasmina Sheikh, a spoilt, pampered princess with a kind and loving heart. An innocent crush leads to...
132K 3.3K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind