The Triumph of a Queen

By the_Galdur

She decided to change the consequence.. In a patriarchal society where men wage wars and women suffer the out... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Parallel World
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Note
Chapter 43

Chapter 18

314 17 2
By the_Galdur

Banu's P.O.V

Dinner is over and I was in the balcony of the room in which I woke up .. Avanthi was with Valandhara whom they call Dhara.. I dispersed the maids as I wanted some time alone..

A calm breeze was visiting at times as I gazed outside..

The moonlight help me get a beautiful view of this ancient city..

Other than in the palace , light was present only on the lamb posts but the moon was rendering enough light .. some guards who were on their night duties were moving here and there.. the river flowing through the city mirrored the moonlight making it look like a beautiful portrait...

My mind flew to a memory.. I was reminded of the nights in Mumbai.. it was completely different..

Where did you take me..?? I questioned my life.. last night , I was standing at the balcony of our penthouse in Mumbai .., watching the skyscrapers and the lights that were twinkling like stars..., the moving vehicles , making the city vibrant even at night.., talking to my friends, making plans, looking forward to my sixteenth birthday, peaceful and excited.. totally happy and satisfied with my life..

But today, I'm standing at the balcony of the royal palace of Kanchi, watching a silent city , all alone, looking forward to the wedding of a princess with a king who turns out to be a mythological hero , mind filled with doubts and fear, restless with anticipation, making plans to change history.. I neither understand the reality is nor know how I should accept these people who is apparently 'my family' .. I don't know what I should hope for the next day..

Above all, I feel like I lost my identity.. I'm Kiara Singhania and defenitly not any princess Banumathi .. it's like I stole her identity, something which truly belong to her.. 

The big door of the chamber opened bringing me out from my thoughts.. who is it..?? I turned to find Princess Avanthi walking in.. she glanced at me and I gave a smile.. but she didn't bother.. why..?? did someone switched off this chatterbox..??
Without saying anything.., she went inside..

I entered the room and closed the balcony door and waited near the bed .., hoping to strike a conversation..

She came in after removing her ornaments and in a comparatively comfortable dress.. must be night wear.. without uttering a word, she got on the bed and pulled the blanket over herself.. the princess isn't in mood .., I guess.. Let's talk tomorrow..

I followed her actions and got rid of all the jwellery and changed into a dress I got after searching in the trunk from which Malathi got me the dress that I wore today..

I laid down beside her but sleep was far away.., I was terribly missing my bed , ac , my parent's goodnight kiss, my phone and my friends.. There wasn't even a fan here..

I laid there staring at the designs on the ceilings.. I wanted to do many things but something was forcing me to stay on the bed itself..

Even after hours, I couldn't sleep .., I wanted to get out of the bed but it was like someone was requesting me not to leave.. to stay near.. like I was needed here..

But why..?? Only Avanthi was in the room with me and she is fast asleep under the blanket..

Is she ok..?? she had not even moved the blanket by an inch .., she was at times turning .. but that's it..

Should I just check.. will she like it..?? she is a princess.., will she be ok if I disturb her..?? princess tantrums can't be guessed..

Anyway leaving it all aside.., I gently moved the blanket from her face..

Her face looked so innocent.. but not ok.., her eyes were tightly closed and brows furrowed, her cheeks were red and nose scrunched.. I checked her temperature immediately and she was cold.., too cold.. it's not fever.. but not something preferable either.. I need to get help..

But before I could get down from the bed , an ice cold hand held my hand ..

"It's ok.. you are safe.. don't worry.. I'm here.." I whispered softly patting her head.. I wanted to call someone but at the same time I don't want to leave her alone..

"Everything is burning.. it's fire all around.." she was mumbling..

Fire..?? not even the lamps were lighted .. only the moon was providing light.. or is it some intuition..?? some people had that ability like the Pandava prince Sahadev..

"He is coming near me.. he will burn me.." she continued her rant .., she was sweating profusely..

"But he can't harm you .., no one can.." I chanted in her ears.. I don't know why.. but that's the first thing that came to my mind.. For a minute she calmed down but before I think it's over.., her hands gripped on the sheets.. and she was shaking her head. Suddenly she opened her eyes and scanned her surroundings and her eyes fixed on my panicked face..

I quickly got her water from the jar placed on the bedside table and she drank it..

"I saw the same dream again.." she started.. 'again' which means this isn't the first time and Banu might have been aware of this..

"There was fire everywhere.. I was feeling really hot but not burning.. I was afraid at the same time had a feeling of safety and security.., a kind of familiar feeling like I'm accustomed to it.. and then he came near me and said in my ear that 'the time is coming near..' does that mean .., he's coming.. but who's he ?? I don't even know him.. is he coming to take me..?? " tears were rolling down her eyes and her cheeks and nose had turned red..

Next day

A typical big fat Indian wedding..

That's what describe this best.. I was in the middle of a palace filled with hustle and bustle..

The number of weddings that I have attended is very less and most of my knowledge about the big fat Indian weddings come from movies.. all those evergreen sangeet songs and scenes were playing in my mind..

The extravagant settings and people made me nervous initially but I have started to blend in.. being an extrovert from birth had helped me ..

Day starts here early and the guests have started to arrive since.. Names of Kings , queens , princes , princesses , nobles , rich merchants and diplomats filled the long guest list..

Every guest had their personal servants to carry the big platters filled with the gifts for the bride.. Among the visitors were some people whose arrival I have been anticipating for..

My parents , the king and queen of Kalinga were the foremost.. I have never met them but have a picture that I got by reading the book.. Then comes the famous characters of the great epic.. I don't know how many of them I'll meet today but I was preparing myself for it..

The royal family of Kashi was busy welcoming the guests and supervising the preparations.., the guests , dressed in dazzling silks and ornaments were busy wishing , talking and involving with each other, the servants were busy carrying out orders and the vigilant guards were busy with the security duties .. everyone had something in their mind or hand ...

And me..?? I'm busy helping Supriya di to get ready.., today I had woke up early.. if I say 'wake up' , then it'll be a lie as I didn't sleep yesterday..

The room was filled with ladies, talking , giggling and teasing..

It's going to be a busy day as today the wedding ceremonies will commence officially...

There is the Ganapathi puja , Roka and the Brahmin Sadhya and Annadhan..

There are entertainment programs scheduled for evening.. Today the groom's family will visit the bride's place with gifts for her.., it'll be the last time , the females of his family except his sister will meet the bride before she come to their home with him..

The Ganapathi puja went on smoothly and everyone was seated in a big decorated hall .., the golden ceilings of the palace were shinning and the walls were curtained with flower strings..

Supriya di along with some other maidens.., including me , Avanthi and Dhara were seated on a decorated platform in the middle .. Rest of them were given seats that formed a semi circle around the bride.. the bride was behind a curtain and only ladies were allowed to see her.

As each guest entered, their name and designations were announced with due respect..

Even though I focused, I couldn't catch many names as most of them were long and tough.. so I left it and focused on my new found friends... Avanthi ,Dhara and the other girls were quite different from what I expected.., they had attitude but that was reserved for the outsiders.. most of them were warm and sensible.. I wanted to have a personal talk with Avanthi but couldn't.. I wasn't concentrating on the announcements but some had caught my attention for obvious reasons , the first was..

'Entering the hall, Kalinga naresh Chitragadha and Kalinga Rani Samyukthana devi..'

'Banu's parents, my parents'.. my mind chanted.. putting an end to my anticipation, they entered..

Majestic .. that's what they are..

Maharaj Chitrangadha , a tall and well built man.. with sharp features.. suddenly I knew I was safe.. such was his aura.. I remembered Banu's lines about him..

Maharani Samyukthana devi.., the regal queen of Kalinga , my Mata.., she wasn't a petite like Gayathri Ma and felt entirely different from her.. she was tall.. almost the height of her husband but some inches shorter.. she was indeed a powerful and warm lady..

They blessed Supriya di .. who complained about them being late.. Perhaps everyone might have noticed me staring at my parents like strangers and Avanthi nudged me with her elbow..

I immediately bend to take their blessings.. now that was a thing.. I don't know how many times I had touched legs today... I have lost the count..

"Is there something troubling you.??" the heavy voice of the king was calm but I was sure that if I say a name , then it would be the last day for that person..

"I'm alright.. who can trouble Banumathi...??" even though it was an act I felt as if talking to my real parents..

Even the king chuckled at that.. "See Maharaj.., you must be happy now.. your dear daughter hasn't changed .. you were worried about that.." the queen chirped and earned a glare from her husband for revealing his little secret..

"I am and will always be my father's little princess.." I declared and gave him a side hug.. little did I know that such display of affection weren't usual .. nevertheless he reciprocated my hug..

"If you are over with your drama , can we meet our dear sister ..??" A masculine voice asked near me.. I looked to see two handsome young lads . 'Must be her brothers.., the dramatic one must be prince Sagara..'

"Sure.. You missed me right..??" I asked smiling widely..

"You..?? we were talking about our dear Supriya di.." he mocked and walked past me..

"Really..?? you know what , I was talking to my dear Jyest and not you.. who cares what you think.." I went to the one who was standing quietly.., Prince Bagdatta , I guess.. I didn't forget to carry a 'who cares ' look

"How can't we miss our princess.. you are our sweet sister .." he caressed my hair.. 'oh.. how sweet..'

"Ahm ..Ahmm.. Can we..??" a fake cough followed by a question in a lovely voice..

Who is this..??

A beautiful girl who may be just two or three years older than me ..

"Mitra di.." Avanthi squealed in delight..

She was accompanied by an elderly man ,woman and two young men .., might be her parents and brothers..

I heard them being addressed as King Jayasena and the boys as Vindha and Anuvindha..

Who are they..?? I can't remember any character with these names..

So that was the twenty ninth chapter..

Kia feels difficult to adjust.. She is feeling home sick..

Will she accept the 'new world' ..??

What is the meaning of Avanthi's dream..

Who is coming ..?? Any guess??

Can Kia and Avanthi accept each other ..??

Can Kia help Avanthi 

Please vote if you liked and don't hesitate to comment your views.. both negative and positive comments would be accepted (gladly..)

P.S- This book is influenced by the Indian epic Mahabarath.., but not entirely based on it ..

Stay safe and healthy :)..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.6K 2.9K 35
What if there was a twin of Shrutakarma and that too a GIRL? What if she was ignored by her parents? What if she got the fatherly love from the perso...
Eclipsed By Wricaso

Historical Fiction

103K 6.2K 67
Aahana A normal girl turned into a samragyi A daughter turned into a wife A wife turned into a mother From being brother less, she turned into a sis...
167K 10K 51
This is the story of two assassins, who travel back in time to the era of the Mahabharata..... ----------- Dishita and Aditya, two master assassins...
51.6K 2.5K 30
The great Mahabharata war has been over long ago... Sudarshan Chakradhari is now waiting for the curse of Gandhari to show its effect... But an unexp...