Chapter 18

Banu's P.O.V

Dinner is over and I was in the balcony of the room in which I woke up .. Avanthi was with Valandhara whom they call Dhara.. I dispersed the maids as I wanted some time alone..

A calm breeze was visiting at times as I gazed outside..

The moonlight help me get a beautiful view of this ancient city..

Other than in the palace , light was present only on the lamb posts but the moon was rendering enough light .. some guards who were on their night duties were moving here and there.. the river flowing through the city mirrored the moonlight making it look like a beautiful portrait...

My mind flew to a memory.. I was reminded of the nights in Mumbai.. it was completely different..

Where did you take me..?? I questioned my life.. last night , I was standing at the balcony of our penthouse in Mumbai .., watching the skyscrapers and the lights that were twinkling like stars..., the moving vehicles , making the city vibrant even at night.., talking to my friends, making plans, looking forward to my sixteenth birthday, peaceful and excited.. totally happy and satisfied with my life..

But today, I'm standing at the balcony of the royal palace of Kanchi, watching a silent city , all alone, looking forward to the wedding of a princess with a king who turns out to be a mythological hero , mind filled with doubts and fear, restless with anticipation, making plans to change history.. I neither understand the reality is nor know how I should accept these people who is apparently 'my family' .. I don't know what I should hope for the next day..

Above all, I feel like I lost my identity.. I'm Kiara Singhania and defenitly not any princess Banumathi .. it's like I stole her identity, something which truly belong to her.. 

The big door of the chamber opened bringing me out from my thoughts.. who is it..?? I turned to find Princess Avanthi walking in.. she glanced at me and I gave a smile.. but she didn't bother.. why..?? did someone switched off this chatterbox..??
Without saying anything.., she went inside..

I entered the room and closed the balcony door and waited near the bed .., hoping to strike a conversation..

She came in after removing her ornaments and in a comparatively comfortable dress.. must be night wear.. without uttering a word, she got on the bed and pulled the blanket over herself.. the princess isn't in mood .., I guess.. Let's talk tomorrow..

I followed her actions and got rid of all the jwellery and changed into a dress I got after searching in the trunk from which Malathi got me the dress that I wore today..

I laid down beside her but sleep was far away.., I was terribly missing my bed , ac , my parent's goodnight kiss, my phone and my friends.. There wasn't even a fan here..

I laid there staring at the designs on the ceilings.. I wanted to do many things but something was forcing me to stay on the bed itself..

Even after hours, I couldn't sleep .., I wanted to get out of the bed but it was like someone was requesting me not to leave.. to stay near.. like I was needed here..

But why..?? Only Avanthi was in the room with me and she is fast asleep under the blanket..

Is she ok..?? she had not even moved the blanket by an inch .., she was at times turning .. but that's it..

Should I just check.. will she like it..?? she is a princess.., will she be ok if I disturb her..?? princess tantrums can't be guessed..

Anyway leaving it all aside.., I gently moved the blanket from her face..

Her face looked so innocent.. but not ok.., her eyes were tightly closed and brows furrowed, her cheeks were red and nose scrunched.. I checked her temperature immediately and she was cold.., too cold.. it's not fever.. but not something preferable either.. I need to get help..