Sweet and Sour

By Bookaholicnutella

A twist of romantic tales More

Twisted Relation
Twisted Relation

Twisted Relation

1 1 0
By Bookaholicnutella

" don't be hopeless, you have Allah" –Zara Abdul

Upon reaching the Zubair manor, Zahra stilled for a moment. All the pain and hardship she had gone through, started replaying in her mind. She felt angry, highly offended.

But it doesn't matters as long as her child is safe. She tried consoling herself. Majeed Khan stood by her side, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Fares on the other hand stood steps back, as a sleeping Manahil was in his arms, his other hand held Harris's chubby hand. One could tell something strange was going on in the manor, judging by the decorations on the wall, and the maids and butlers going around.

Silently weeping against the headboard of her bed, Rabai'l's lips trembled as her eyes shed more tears. Her heart felt heavy as she stared at her henna stained hand. The deep maroon colored later F had her heart hurting.

Fawad Mir

The man that had ruined her life, her would-be husband. The mere thought of his name had her despising herself. Forced marriage is haram and invalid in Islam, as a lawyer, her father knew it. Yet he had chosen his heart over his faith.

Claiming, she had ruined his reputation by getting pregnant before marriage. He didn't let her explain, neither did he take her to the hospital. Instead, he brought her abortion pills.

It was a miracle that she was able to throw away yesterday's pill but she wasn't successful today. Her Chachi had forced her to swallow one five minutes ago.

The creaking of the door had her sitting up quickly, her eyes landed on the supposed beautician that walked in with her make-up kit, alongside a very enthusiastic Alya.

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she inhaled sharply whilst wiping away her tears. She cautiously stood up, trying to maintain her balance. As a wave of nausea hit her. Rushing to the bathroom she emptied her stomach with so much difficulty.

Her legs felt so weak to the extent that she couldn't stand on her own, feeling the world twisting and turning before her eyes. She had barely slid down the floor, when she felt herself been harshly yanked up. Only to meet the furious eyes of her father.

Dragging her to her room, he shove her down to the floor, causing her head to come in contact with the edge  of the bed. A furious, Ahmad Zubair would be the last thing she'd ever want to see. Matching towards her, he tugged her upwards, tightening his grip on her left arm.

"You didn't take the pills" Ahmad stated, his eyes turned dark as he sent a murderous glare. Too shaken to speak, Rabai'l swallowed the lump in her throat before shaking her head.

"I did" she stuttered, which only fueled her father's anger. Not caring about the crowd that was forming at the doorstep of her room, he tightened his grip on her arm.

"You're still lying at my face, even after warming another man's bed and carrying his child? Don't you have any shame?" Loud gasps could be heard around as murmurs travel around the corridors. But Rabai'l could care less about it, her stomach was agonizingly aching.

Sweat beads rolled down her body as she struggled to breath, despite the way Ahmad Zubair was shaking her.  A harsh slap resonated around the room.

He had backhanded her.

"Fares" A broken whisper escaped her bleeding lips for,
Rabai'l could only see stars blurring her vision as she completed embraced the darkness engulfing her senses.

"Fares"

"Fares" Majeed's voice brought him back to his senses. His heart was palpitating against his rib, his hands were sweaty. Instinctively, Rabai'l's name escaped his lips. He felt as if she needs him at the moment.

"Shall we go in, beta?" Zahra's concerned voice hit his ears. He tried to pass her a smile which merely reached his eyes. He nodded in response.

"Ji, Ammi".

Entering the manor, Zahra's eyes stared at every corner of the building, reminding her of the pain she had gone through. It was indeed a terrible history. 

Zahra's eyes widen upon hearings the the curses and gossips traveling across the hall, by different ladies. Present there

Fares stood confused, unable to decipher what was happening but the sight of Rabai'l's terrified Tayi Ammi had him worried. Seeing her running up the stairs a whispering Rabai'l's name made him loose his cool.

Handing Manahil to Zahra, he followed the woman's footsteps only to halt at the doorstep. A lifeless Rabai'l lay on the floor, her bleeding forehead was left untreated as her father, Zubair Ahmad kept pacing up and down.

The gossips of the two Aunties beside him brought him out of his shock. Running towards her, he knelt beside her and pulled her to his chest.

"R...Rabi" he stuttered as warm tears stung his eyes. Softly patting her cheeks, he whispered her name once again as his hands trembled, afraid of what was to come.

Opening her extremely heavy eyes, she managed to glance at him "Fares" a broken whisper escaped her lips, as warm tears cascade down her cheeks.

Fares rose to his feet and amble towards the door, only to be stopped by a furious, Ahmad Zubair. "Hands off my child".

Fares glared at him and proceed to walk, but a sudden blow from Ahmad had him staggering back. The man glared at Fares who equally glared back at him.

"Hands off my daughter, you shameless man.". Just as Fares was about to retort, Majed Khan walked in and shoved Ahmad to the side." Stop being silly, Fares get her to the car. She's bleeding".

Rabai'l was in the operation room for the past three hours. She was diagnosed with gallbladder stones. And the doctor had suggest an operation as soon as possible.

Zahra wasn't able to control her tears, whilst Majeed wouldn't stop pacing around. Harris was the only sane one, who took Manahil in the cacoon of his arms.

Fares bowed before his Creator as tears streamed down his face. His shoulders trembled, telling a tale of his miseries. He felt so helpless to even state his problems to the Almighty, even though He is The All Hearing, The All Knowing.

"Don't be helpless you have Allah".

Her voice rang in his ears. Causing him to break down for the nth time. As a sudden fear and loneliness crept into his heart. Ending his prayers and raising his hands into a crescent, he made a heartfelt prayer as more tears streamed down his face.

"Ya Rahman, please grant her shifa and give me peace of mind".

He couldn't tell how long he had stayed in the masjid, he only knew that it was almost dark when his father rushed into the mosque with a full blown smile.

"Glory be to the Almighty. It's a success" 

Fares could expressed his emotions. He was having mixed feelings. He was relieved, elated, grateful and what not. Pulling his Father for a hug, he prostrated and thanked the Almighty.

As esctatic as he was, he didn't leave the small masjid untill he prayed his Maghrib salah, alongside his father.

*

Rabai'l felt her eyes so heavy, after numerous failed attempts, she was finally able to open her eyes. A smile stretched out her thin lips upon seeing her mother.

"Ammi".

Zahra moved forward to caress her cheeks with trembling hands.  "My poor baby". A painful reunion took place among the mother and daughter, along with Harris and Manahil. Manahil lay her head on Rabai'l's shoulder. While Harris for the first time shed tears of gratitude.

The young lad had been bottling up his emotions, no matter how much he was worried about his Rabi Api, he wasn't able to expressed it. Seeing his family's condition. He had missed her a lot, after all she was his one and only elder sister.

Fares smiled as he stared at his happy family with a peaceful mind. Finally, the storm is over.

Or so he thought.

Little did he know it was the calm before the storm.

Thank you for reading

Zara
🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...