Clogs for Paws

By 19BeyondGone49

In the year 1971, astronomy student and aspiring guitarist Brian May's ill-fated camping trip may have more c... More

Introduction and Author's Note
Prologue
[Roger wants Brian to come] Back [so that they can] Chat [Some More]
It's a Hard Life [finding a guitar player that doesn't act like a crackhead]
[Brian walked away from some] Good Company [to get some answers]
[Freddie decides to make a band and that they're gonna] Rock It (Prime Jive)
[Brian is] Long Away [from finding the answers he wants]
["I just did," said Freddie with a] Flick of the Wrist
[Roger's driving gave everyone a] Sheer Heart Attack
[The Moon Is Now Brian's] White Queen (As It Began)
[Roger feels] Jealousy [for not winning any Scrabble]
[Freddie vows that] Friends Will Be Friends
[The wildlife specialists think that Brian is a] Liar
[All Freddie can think right now is] Save Me
[Not really a] Cool Cat [but rather a cool Lycan]
[Instead of] Calling All Girls [,Roger wants to call the police]
["Well,] Now I'm Here [," John said.]
[Brian knows] Leaving Home Ain't Easy [, but he really wants John to leave]
["Sometime you have to] Spread Your Wings [," John said.]
[The next full moon is] In Only Seven Days [or really actually one.]
[John needs go back home before he is] Sleeping on the Sidewalk
[Due to Freddie's] Impromptu [Decision, Roger buys a van]
[Brian prepares for a] Seaside Rendezvous
[What should've took 3 hours took]Seven [to get to the] Seas of Rhye
[Brian noticed that] These Are the Days of Our [or his and John's] Lives
[John realizes that the murders weren't a] Dragon Attack
[Roger is going to be] All Dead, All Dead
[Brian found that] Another One Bites the Dust
[Roger has found the singer of] The Prophet's Song
[I fell asleep before I wrote the conversation btw Roger and Freddie, so] Yeah
[Freddie is pretty sure that the librarian is in some sort of] Dreamer's Ball
[The band chills on the beach and is] Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon
Funny How Love [is when the band finds the right sound for their show]
[Brian would go through an] Ogre Battle [for the band]
[Brian and Roger are whisked away by the] Fairy Feller's Master Stroke
[Freddie is no longer feeling] Under Pressure [And then...]
Author's Note

[Roger's got] '39 [Problems and Brian is every single one of them]

35 11 0
By 19BeyondGone49

Roger watched what he assumed was the full moon rise across the London sky. The sky was cloudy and the only indication of a moon was a faintly lighter patch of cloud that was almost completely illuminated by street lamps. Nothing about the atmosphere screamed fit for a couple of Lycans to run about, especially between the smog replacing fresh woodland air and the concrete jungle replacing an open field or trees.

Roger had more things to worry about than his bandmates running around 'Attempted Murder Park,' as he liked to call it, as giant rabid animals. For instance, it was his mother's birthday and he had not called her yet to wish her a happy birthday. And there are a few reasons as to why.

He gingerly crept over to the telephone and dialed in the number of his parent's home. He watched with anticipation as the dial satisfyingly spun back into place after every number. Roger placed the phone to his ear and took a deep breath.

"Taylor residence. Who is this?" a female voice answered.

"Hello, Mum. It's Roger. I'm calling from my flat in London to wish you a Happy Birthday," Roger answered with a faint smile. And to distract me from the circumstances of the full moon, Roger mentally added.

Roger could feel the joy radiating off of his mother. "Michael! Clare! Roger is on the phone," her muffled voice called to his father and sister, "I told you he would call!"

Roger's shoulders dropped. Did they really think I wasn't going to call? he wondered.

The other line crackled and another voice came to the phone, "Roger? How are you doing, son?"

"Good, Dad, really good," Roger replied, "And yourself?"

His father replied, "I am doing well. Oh! Clare wants to talk to you!"

"Oh, okay," Roger said. They do realize I called Mum for her birthday, right?

"Roger!" Clare's voice boomed over the phone's speaker, "Roger, guess what!"

Roger humoured her, "What?"

"I've got a boyfriend."

"Sorry? Absolutely not! Is even Dad okay with this?" Roger gasped.

"Yes," Clare replied. Roger could see her cheeky grin over the phone and his face grew red with anger.

"Well, I'm not. Who is this bloke, anyway?" Roger demanded, "How do we know he has good intentions for you, hm?"

"I met him at school," Clare answered, "And he is good, don't worry."

The line crackled again and his mother spoke into the phone, "It's so sweet that you worry about her. It makes my heart grow three sizes."

His sister's quiet voice said further away from the phone, "It's because he knows there are guys like him out there."

"Clare!" their mother scolded.

No, Roger thought, she's right.

"So Roger, how is your band doing?" his mother asked, "Are you still drumming in it? And how is Freddie? I miss that boy. He's such a delight."

"Freddie is doing well. We found a bassist— if you remember we just recently found a guitarist— who is now living with Fred. He's from Hompy Bong Village, coincidently the same place where our guitarist got bit by a dog pretty bad," Roger responded.

She asked, "Brian? That's his name, isn't it? of the guitarist?"

"Yes, mum," Roger replied as he played with the phone cord.

"And what is the bassist called?"

"John."

"I'm sure Freddie loves John living with him. I remember him hating to be alone."

"You have no idea," Roger laughed, "But it could have just been our family."

"How so?" his mother asked, though she knew Roger's response.

"My cousin with who knew how to hotwire a torpedo? Or your grandmother flirting with him?" she giggled.

Roger thought for a moment. Maybe I can learn something from this conversation, He thought. He smirked, "How about my cousins who think they descend from werewolf hunters?"

"Oh, sweetie, didn't I tell you? On that side of the family, you know, your granduncle's, we come from a long line of Meddows werewolf hunters," his mum replied.

Roger froze.

"As crazy as it seems," she continued, "It was still largely in practice until fairly recently. If I remember correctly, it only properly phased out when my father was a boy."

"Really?" Roger quaked as reality set in.

"It was sort of the family honor and tradition back in the dark ages. Silly thing, I know," his mother responded.

Roger winced at the thought of his ancestors hunting along the sides of the sods from Hompy Bong. His family honor was to hunt down people like Brian and John, even if there was a supposed difference between Lycans and other werewolves. Just the thought of it made Roger feel nauseous.

His mother interrupted his thoughts, "Enough family talk. I am so glad to hear your voice."

"Thank you. And you too," Roger said.

"Have you found any girls?" His mother asked.

The question hit Roger in the chest like a car with failed breaks. "I beg your pardon?" he asked.

His mother pressured, "Like the one you scaled two stories to get in her dorm room for? I read that letter you sent to Clare. Real classy, my boy."

First off, it was really impressive, Roger corrected in his head.

"You were snooping?" he questioned his mum.

She laughed and responded, "After that stunt you two pulled with your father's car back in the day, I can't trust you."

Roger stammered like he couldn't get the words out fast enough, "It was her idea and I was a better driver than half the people on the road!"

"I'm sure you were when you could see over the steering wheel and when you didn't have an ice-cream cone in one hand," she teased back.

They laughed together and Roger's stomach settled.

"Are you sure you don't have your eye on anyone?" his mum asked one last time.

"Yes. Bye, mum. Tell Dad and Clare that I love them. I love you and I hope you have a happy birthday," Roger said.

"Goodnight, dear. I love you too," she responded.

Roger hung up the phone. He paced around his flat for a moment, unable to sit still with the adrenaline coursing through his veins.

He looked at the clock that hung above the phone. Well, that looks like an hour past Roger-needs-to-go-to-bedtime, Roger thought.

He walked over to the window to shut the curtains. Don't want a creep being able to look in here, he thought to himself. He took one last look at the foggy blob that was supposed to be the moon and prayed a silent prayer. He shut the curtains in one brisk motion and almost tripped when he turned around.

Roger went into his room with the thoughts of the past two weeks prancing around his head like a parade pony. He let himself fall face-first onto his bed, and he screamed into his pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 204 11
Complete strangers to friends to more than friends. Roger and Brian will experience every stage of a relationship. This is a fic starting as a Colleg...
3.5K 307 19
Party ยฆMaylor <About the book> ยฌ Set in the 60s ยฌ There are scenes of minors smoking and drinking alcohol ยฌ All incidents are fictional <A...
37.3K 1.6K 55
"I'm not enough for you!" "You'll always be enough for me Roger" "We both want this so why can't it work?" "I don't know Deaks" It's all in their h...