chocolate milkshakes | rodric...

By fishnoodlesoup

tate, in her third year of highschool, finally finds someone that she thinks might be the one. but with her c... More

chapter one: the boy under the bridge
chapter two: the basement
chapter three: maths class is painful
chapter four: slumber party antics
chapter five: team jacob
chapter six: breakdown
chapter seven: insomniacs love french fries
chapter eight: drunk sid vicious
chapter nine: old habits
chapter ten: heartache
chapter eleven: birthday girl
chapter twelve: virgin babes
chapter fourteen: i love you
epilogue

chapter thirteen: nostalgic kisses

1.4K 47 61
By fishnoodlesoup

i walk down the road with my heart beating out of my chest. adrenaline pumps through my body and a slight smile creeps onto my face. even after all the terrible shit that happened today, a slight victory was won when i saw the look on eric's face as he was on the floor. rodrick would have thought that was hilarious.

FUCK. rodrick.

i need to apologize to him, all he was trying to do before was warn me and he was one hundred percent right. he didn't seem like he really wanted to talk to me after that conversation we just had or else i would show up at his house. i walk faster towards my house and pull out my phone.

to rodrick: hey im so sorry about everything, would u stop by my house tonight?

a pussy move, i could have called him. the snow picks up and a shiver runs down my spine. why the hell did i wear barely any clothes when i knew it was going to be below freezing today?

i decide to call rowan and ask for a ride. let's pray that she's not with my dad.

"hey, what's up?" she answers.

"uh, could you please pick me up? im on eric's road." there goes my lie about being at kat's.

"okay, i'll come get you from kat's." my dad must be eavesdropping.

"okay, thank you." i answer, slightly annoyed that my dad is there. i was hoping he wouldn't be home or something. now i have to walk into the house wearing this and be called a slut. woohoo! can't wait!

°°°

i lay on my bed, petting sonic, when i hear a knock on my window. oh shit, is that him? i shoot up out of my bed and fix my hair before sliding the window open.

"you gonna let me in? or are you gonna make me stand out here in the cold?" he smirks at me.

i laugh and roll my eyes, sliding the window open further for him to climb in. he wraps his arms around me, embracing me in a hug.

"i missed you." he whispers. i feel the tears form in my eyes and i squeeze him harder.

"i missed you too." i admit. i pull away to look him in the eyes. "im so sorry for being such an asshole to you. you were just doing what you thought was best for me and honestly i should have listened."

"i didn't want you to find out some other way and that's why i tried to tell you at your house but i didn't really say it the right way." he scratches his neck. "sorry about that again."

"you're fine dude." i shake my head. "i should have listened and prevented that douchebag from taking my virginity." i mentally face palm at the thought of it.

"it doesn't count if it wasn't with someone you love." he replies. "you're still a weezer fan in my eyes."

i grin widely at him. "you know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

he seems taken aback at my words. "really?"

i lean forward to meet his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck. his hands slide down to my waist and he pulls me deeper into the kiss. my heart flutters. this feels way different than its felt with any other person. i slide my fingers into his hair and bring his body closer to mine. when i pull away i stand on my tip toes to whisper something into his ear. "really."

he blushes and takes a seat onto my bed, seeming out of breath. "i-i cannot tell you how long i've been hoping to do that."

"well i mean you did it at the halloween party." i laugh.

he looks up at me, embarrassed. "yeah, i guess i did. but that didn't really count."

i sit next to him and smirk up at him. "yeah, definitely not."

"do you want to go on an actual date? like i'll pay and ev-" he begins.

"no, no, no." i put my finger to his lips, silencing him. he furrows his brows. "we split the check. now apologize to women for what you just insinuated."

he tilts his head, staring at me. "are you serious?"

"yes." i huff.

he stands up, pretending to be speaking to an audience. "im sorry, women."

"thank you." i tell him, smiling up at him. he leans down and kisses me softly.

"you're welcome."

a knock on my door jumps the shit out of me and i shove him into my closet and tell him to be quiet. "come in."

"hey, were you talking to someone?" my dad questions, suspicious.

"yeah on the phone." i lie. "do you want me to be quieter?"

"no more phone calls after nine." he eyes me and heads out.

when i hear him close his bedroom door, i let out a quiet snicker. "rod, you can come out now."

"that man is terrifying." rodrick says with wide eyes.

"yeah, tell me about it." i roll my eyes. "so, do you wanna head out? im not trying to have him scream at us."

"uh, yeah." he replies. "do you wanna go to my house?"

the thought of his house brings a smile to my face. "yes, that sounds very appealing right now."

"alright, cool. do you need to grab anything?"

i look down at what im wearing. same shit that i decided on for the party. considering that we will most likely end up in his bed, a dress isn't really the right fit. "yeah, hold on, i need to change."

"yeah that thing looks really uncomfortable." he smirks at me.

"oh really, pretty boy? let's put you in it and see." i tease. well, half-tease. he would probs look good in a dress.

i search my room for something comfy to wear, deciding on my hello kitty pajama pants and a deftones hoodie. i look up at rodrick. "do you care if i change in front of you?"

"nah, you're fine." he answers, although he looks quite nervous at the thought of seeing me with no clothes on.

i turn around just in case im making him uncomfy and slide the dress off and change into the other clothes. i reach into a bag in my closet and grab my jar of weed. i shake it at him, asking if i should bring it, to which he nods his head yes. i grab my phone charger and wave goodbye to sonic.

"ready?"

"yep." i grin at him. "let's go. and this time be fucking quiet."

"goddammit, thought you forgot about that."

"you'll never live it down." i wink at him.

i watch him closely as he climbs through the window and lands softly on the other side.

"good boy." i whisper-laugh before following after him. i slide the window shut as quietly as i can and start to walk out of the yard.

"feels just like old times." he smirks at me.

"yeah, it does." i beam at him. "so what have you been up to these past months?"

"nothing, really. just sitting at home. band practice. school." he shrugs. "what about you?"

"well, i got my grades up so that's pretty cool. other than being manipulated by eric, my life has been pretty uneventful." i laugh.

"i'm really sorry that you went through that."

"thank you." i say. i can feel the tears forming in my eyes. i wouldn't admit it, but im really sad about that situation. it just reinforced the idea that im nothing more than a body.

"of course."

we walk in comfortable silence to his house. i think back to the first time we did this, things were so different back then. i tried so hard to repress my feelings for him. i wonder if he could tell all along.

we approach his house and he leads me to the back entrance. we slide in the backdoor and creep down into the basement. when i see his room, a rush of nostalgia hits me. how am i so nostalgic about something that was only a couple months ago?

rodrick takes a seat on his bed and holds his arms out to me. i crawl into his lap as he wraps his arms around me. i stroke his hair and sigh. "im so happy that im with you right now."

he looks into my eyes and smiles. "me too."

_____________________________________________
hey lol i wrote this really high so sorry if there are spelling errors and shit idk. thank u so so so so much for like 2.3k reads holy shit that is a lot of people. i love reading all of your comments so keep em coming loll anyways have a goodnight and thank u for all the support <33333 love u guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 34 32
*WARNING DRUGS, SEXUAL CONTENT, SELF HARM* 20 year old girl named Kayla Robinson had a basic life, had good grades in back in highschool. But she als...
7.6K 121 8
(BTW this is a female Y/N perspective) Ps. I promise to actually have good grammar. Chapters with a * next to them have smut :) TW's ? - mild drug us...
5.3K 159 17
-*-*-*- -COMPLETE- When the new girl in town becomes popular almost immediately and joins a friend group of girls, she has to follow rules and standa...
4.9K 227 22
"You're annoying as hell Heffley." "Don't act like you don't like it L/N." ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ "๐“ฐ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ญ๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐”€๐“ธ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ฎ๐“ผ" ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต๐“ผ ๐“ฏ๐“ธ๐“ป ๐“ฝ...