The Death Of Us

By Night-ed

Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond rec... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Aesthetic pt 2.
Chapter 10
Face reveal
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Aesthetic Pt. 3
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Face Reveal Pt. 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Face Reveal Pt. 3
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Thank you for reading!

Chapter 34

44 7 0
By Night-ed

Levi's P.O.V.

Location; sand dunes state forest

Every day and every week is the same, some are hunting, some are kind of training, I am mostly with Noah, he has become more clingy to me since Katie left, and that has been about 3 weeks since now.

I don't mind taking care of Noah, he has become something like my son, even though it would have been almost impossible for me to be it, I am 22 and he is 13 years younger than me. I still take care of him, and that includes playing some stupid games with him, I want him to grow up normal, I don't even know what normal is.

Most of us where mad at Luna for just letting Katie go like that, and she still hasn't told us where she went, I also ended up breaking 2 of my fingers, because I punched a motherfucking tree.

I just want Katie near me, is that so wrong? Or did she leave because of me in the first place?

"Hey" I feel someone touch my shoulder; I glance back at Hua who's smiling at me gently before sitting down beside me.

"Hey" I mumble looking down at the knife in my hand. It's cleaned off to the brink, I've had nothing to do so I've just cleaned every single extra weapon we have.

"I know you're sad about Katie leaving, you don't have to hide that away from me" Hua tells me, my grip tightens around the knife.

"She's the one who left us, so why should I care?" I scoff releasing my tight grip on the knife. Hua smiles at me sadly. Her and Katie had gotten close the last few days of Katie's time here.

"It's alright to miss someone, you know? You don't have to hide it all" Hua says and squeezes my arm in comfort. I close my eyes trying to control my emotions.

"I know, I just, I need to get my emotions straight" I mutter, she nods her head at me before kissing my cheek and walking away.

I am just wandering around sometimes I overhear some conversation, but I never bother joining in, there is nothing to talk about because Katie is the only person, I think about most of the time. Luna said we shouldn't be concerned about her survival, but her face made it clear that she Is concerned on her own, and for Mariah, well she made it clear that she doesn't want to hear shit about Katie, even made me believe that she hates her by now.

But honestly, she surely just has separation anxiety, and misses her without knowing it herself.

"Levi!" Noah yells running over to me with a huge grin on his face. "Do you want to play?"

"Not now, kid, ask Mariah" I say, Mariah has been helping me a lot with taking care of Noah which I'm grateful for. "She's probably with Brandon somewhere."

"But I asked her, and she told me that she's busy" Noah pouts which makes me chuckle and open my arms out for him, he runs into my arms and I hug him tightly.

"I miss Katie" Noah mutters, I feel myself sigh. Noah has been asking about her non-stop. He misses her a lot.

"Me too"

Brandon wanted us to meet by the fire, around the fire we placed some chairs we got from the city at some point. Luna and Leo sit down, while Hua stands behind them. I am opposite from them, and Mariah sits a half meter away from me. Brandon stands closer to the fire than the others, between the place Mariah and Leo sits. Noah is already asleep in the boy tents.

"we need more supplies, honestly all kinds, weapons, water, food and medicine. us hunting and catching rainwater is apparently noy enough for 8 per- I mean for 7 people" Brandon explains.

"I want to go" Hua volunteers, hell no she won't go without me, but before I get a chance to say something, Leo already volunteers. I don't mind Leo going with her, he knows how to protect. I look past 'Mariah, and she bites the side of her cheek, no way she is jealous of Hua and Leo going together.

Well, they would sleep in the car, just like I did with Katie. Wait, hold up a second. No way she is going with a boy. I shift my body to Brandon about to protest, but I get interrupted by Hua letting out a gasp, and immediately pulling out my gun, to point at the man, holding a gun to her head.

Brandon and Mariah does the same, and even though Luna and Leo are closest to them they didn't notice.

"what am I turning to a Z, put the god damn guns down" Leo snaps at us, is he fucking stupid? No way he is going with Hua.

"put the guns down" the man holding Hua yells at us, clearly pushing the gun closer to her head.

It's now that Leo and Luna both are alerted, both not knowing what to do, but the 3 of us putting our guns at the ground.

"what do you want?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"give me all of your food, you seem to have a lot of it."

"are you calling me fat?" Mariah exclaims, lifting both of her arms.

"I'll get the food" Brandon says, does he have some sort of plan or is he seriously giving him food. He comes back with a bag of what's sounds like canned food.

Brandon reaches it over to him, he takes the bag, pushes Hua to the side and shoots in Leo's shoulder, everybody's reaction was it to help Leo, but I ran after that bastard.

That stupid motherfucker didn't expect anyone to run after him, but not with me. I was about to reach for my gun, realizing I threw it on the ground by the fire. I reach for my knife, and throwing it at him, as it hits him, he falls to the ground, and I still run towards him.

He stays there and I pull my knife out of his back, he is still alive, but we can't afford him walking to his own camp, I pull his head back by his hair, so his throat is fully stretched, and I run my knife over.

I am on my way back to the camp, having the food with my and cleaning my bloody knife at my pants.

Brandon and Hua appear behind the tent as I walk closer, but they are not the only ones, 2 men in their twenties are talking to them, and the more I listen the more i know that they are picking a fight with us, they surely are from the same camp as the dude I just killed. The others seem to be with Leo, helping him and his shoulder.

"We are searching for a friend, you won't know where he is?"

"no clue" Brandon answers calmly, Brandon already knew just by looking at me that I killed him.

"we thought he came in this direction" the other man is talking now, they are getting on my nerves.

I walk closer to Hua, making sure that not one more of these assholes will touch her.

"we have no fucking idea, can you leave now" these bastards are getting on my nerve, Katie surely would have shot them by now.

"shouldn't there be more people in a big camp like this?" what is the point in fucking asking us.

"mind if we look around?"

"yes" I answer through gritted teeth.

They continue doing so, first entering the tent, where the girls sleep, where they haven't found anything, they move on.

I expect that Noah is still sleeping.

Luna and Mariah are stitching Leo together, how would we be able to say where the shot wound came from.

Luckily when we come in Leo already has a bandage on and Is asleep. Throughout this whole thing I was waiting for Brandon to take one and I would take the other, but I don't think he wants to kill.

"what happened to him?"

"a training accident" Brandon answers coldly.

"thought it would be a shot wound, we heard a gun from the distance" the taller one says.

"can you quit making assumptions" I want to shoot them both, but before I could get the second, he would get me or any other from here. Why can't Branon just take one of them, I see in his eyes that he knows that I am ready.

"you killed our friend; I make as many assumptions as I want."

"we told you we don't know any friend of yours, so fuck out of this camp."

I take my gun holding it at their eye height, the others pull theirs too, with others I mean, Mariah, Brandon and Hua.

"get the fuck out, I will show you the way" as they slowly move out, we have our guns still pointed to them.

"we will come back" they say, as they run out to the woods again.

We all stand there without saying anything, and then I let my shoulder fall, to relax my body.

"how is Leo?"
"he needs a little rest, then he is good?" Luma answers, fucking hell, I still can't hear her voice, without thinking about Katie.

she should have told us where Katie went, I could have stopped her and get her back to the camp.

"why did you fucking kill him?" Brandon yells at me.

"he would have come back and stolen more" I defend myself, why is he being so salty about this shit.

"now they will be after us."

"not if we kill them first" I say.

"we can't just kill innocent."

"we can, and we will, beside they shot at Leo without any reason" Mariah comes in, she really has changed since Katie left, she went from her soft and kind of happy personality to a more cold one.

Brandon pinches the top of his nose as he is thinking.

"they seem to be a lot; it would take at least one month to make a good plan" he answers.

"then we will spend one month on it" Mariah answers.

"let's get some rest, and we will start our plan by tomorrow" and with that we all sleep through the night.

.......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1736 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 717 50
Her one night of fun turned into a night of chaos. One that can't be contained and one that took everything from her. And now she must fight for what...
106 20 15
Blood? My wrist was covered in it. It wasn't dried up or reeked of the combination of that black gunk from all those other freaks. It was fresh and w...
192 46 10
Lies. All Lies. "May the embers in your heart spark flames to burn this fucking place to the ground." He shoots me that sadistic smirk that i've grow...
7.4K 602 49
Ever thought surviving first period and facing her best friend's boyfriend - whom she recently kissed - was going to be the hardest part of her day...