๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐„๐ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’...

By -dreamfyres

๐–œ๐–—๐–Ž๐–™๐–™๐–Š๐–“ ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–™๐–๐–Š ๐–˜๐–™๐–†๐–—๐–˜ โtheir love was written in the starsโž โ”€โ”€๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐ฅ๏ฟฝ... More

๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐„๐ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐’
๐’‰๐’๐’–๐’”๐’† ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’“๐’‚๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’๐’.
๐’‚๐’„๐’• ๐’๐’๐’† โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ thunder
๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘œ.
๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’.
๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ.
๐‘“๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’.
๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ฅ.
๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘›๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’.
๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘’๐‘™๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘™๐‘ฃ๐‘’.
๐’‚๐’„๐’• ๐’•๐’˜๐’ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ lightening
๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘“๐‘–๐‘“๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘ฅ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘’๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘›๐‘–๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘’๐‘›.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ-๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ-๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘œ.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ-๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’.
๐‘ก๐‘ค๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘ฆ-๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ.

๐‘’๐‘–๐‘”โ„Ž๐‘ก.

8.8K 381 65
By -dreamfyres

chapter eight. . .stars

act one. . .thunder

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟕𝟗 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 with Rhaegar, alone, was a rarity for Calla as time went by and Westeros welcomed the new year. The Prince of Dragonstone always had many duties and tasks occupying his days that left him with little time to sit, relax, and do the things he truly enjoyed, especially with his father's growing paranoia. Even if he longed for it, just a simple day as a simple man, it did not occur often.

He found simplicity and comfort in Calla's presence, however. She seemed to be one of the few people, besides Rhaelle, his mother, and the Velaryons, that he could trust and knew did not have ulterior motives to their kindness towards. Even if he hadn't admitted it to himself yet, he cared for her more than in a platonic way.

He shivered at the thought of what Robert would think of that.

The man had sent him a harsh letter when the doe arrived at court with the exact words:

Rhaegar,

If you or any of your Velaryon cousins even think about touching my sister, I will rip you arms off and crush you with my hammer.

With All Due Respect, 

Robert

It had made Rhaegar laugh at first. Of course he wouldn't be attracted to Lady Calla Baratheon. She was his cousin, second cousin really and he liked to think he was different from some of his family members, who had decided they like to wed their relatives.

He was wrong.

The dragon prince had never really been interested in women before or anyone for that matter, but there was something about Calla that drew him to her, made him long to be with her. He cursed himself for it and was tempted to push her away when they were together but then she would do something as simple as giggle or smile and he would be drawn right back in.

And there were some many things to love about Calla. She was intelligent, sweet, kind, and caring. Especially caring. That seemed to show once again when Rhaegar was returning to his chambers one night, tired and in need of a break.

Calla was waiting for him by his room with a bright smile. Her black hair fell down, reaching past her waist, and her purple eyes were bright and full of life. She wore a simple dress that was mostly black, complementing her hair.

The sight of her made Rhaegar smile.

"What has brought you to my chambers this evening, Lady Calla?" Rhaegar wondered, in a playful tone that no one but she had the pleasure of hearing. He stopped in front of Calla, his head tilting down to meet her eyes.

Calla placed a hand on his chest gently as she replied, "I have come to bring some joy into your life, Prince Rhaegar."

"Have you?" He wondered with a look of mock confusion on his face, "And how are you going to do that?"

"You'll have to wait and see," she said in a pretentious voice as she took his hand in her own, "Now come."

Rhaegar did as he was bid, allowing Calla to lead him through the halls of the Red Keep. It wasn't long before they arrived at the Baratheon's chambers. Calla didn't hesitate to push the door open, revealing the interior to the both of them.

Everything in Calla's room was black or gold, with hints of dark purple, and neatly placed somewhere. Her bed, which was large and black, was made with lavish pillows and a thick comforter. There were two bookshelves lining the walls that were the color of solid gold with black books placed neatly in them.

The rest of the room was similar to the bed and bookshelves. Despite its uniformness, it was cozy and welcoming. The scent of firewood and rosewood emanated throughout the room and drew Rhaegar in, making him want it to fill his senses for the rest of his life.

Unfortunately, he didn't get to linger on the aesthetic of Calla's room for long before she was tugging his hand and bringing him to the balcony. There was a warm, summer breeze that brushed through Rhaegar's hair and gave him a feeling of comfort.

He almost didn't notice the blankets and pillows laid down on the ground until Calla tugged his hand once again, forcing him to sit. He took in the myriad of food, pillows, and blankets, a small smile coming to his face.

"You did this for me?" He asked as he laid down, on his stomach, next to her, watching as she popped a honey cake in her mouth. Her purple orbs met his own and she playfully rolled her eyes with a silly grin on her face.

"No, I did it for Varys."

Rhaegar let out a chuckle as he took an apricot tart from the plate and started to eat it, "Thank you, Alla. I truly appreciate it."

"It was my pleasure, my prince," Calla replied in a teasing tone as she turned her head once more to look at him, "How was the small council meeting?"

"Boring," Rhaegar huffed even though a small grin came to his face, "Tywin Lannister spent the whole time trying to convince me why an alliance with House Lannister would be beneficial and how much of a true lady Cersei Lannister is."

"I hear she fucks her brother," Calla countered bluntly. Rhaegar spluttered at her words, his eyes widening in surprise at the harshness of her tone.

"Alla! That is not proper for a lady!"

The Baratheon rolled her eyes with a playful smile, "I grew up with a brother whose mouth makes a sailor's look clean. My father and grandfather were no better. My grandmother had heart attacks practically every time they spoke. It is only naturally I pick up a few things."

Rhaegar let out a chuckle but nodded his head in agreement, "At least I know you will be blunt with me and tell the truth."

The doe gave him a softer smile in return, grabbing his hand in her own and squeezing it, "I will, always. I will also tell you when you are being a pompous brat, never fear."

Rhaegar let out another laugh as he popped a lemon cake in his mouth, "At least I will have one advisor I can trust."

"Advisor?" Calla teased, "Does that mean I am going to be your Master of Law? Or Coin, perhaps?"

Her cousin smiled at her in response, the air of melancholy that seemed to surround him dissipating, "You will be my most royal advisor. I will have to make a special position just for you."

Calla nodded firmly in return, "As you should, Rhae. As you should."

There was a slight pause before the Baratheon spoke once more, "When will we be leaving for Driftmark?"

"In the next few days," Rhaegar replied simply, "The wedding is in a fortnight and I do not think anyone wants to miss it."

Calla bit into a sour cherry before she said, "I can't wait to go to Driftmark. Daenaera had been speaking about it nonstop. I'm surprised she still has a voice to use."

Rhaegar nodded in agreement as the stars started to appear in the sky with the last disappearance of the last rays of sunlight, "They love each other, truly love each other."

Calla hummed in agreement, "They do. I am almost jealous of them. A love like that is written in the stars. I hope to have it one day."

"I think you will," Rhaegar admitted with a small smile. His eyes flickered from the sky back to her, "What is there not to love?"

Calla let out an unladylike snort before responding, "Are you trying to flatter me?"

"Perhaps," Rhaegar said as his eyes went back to the sky.

"Rhaegar. . ." Calla whispered softly, "There is something I must tell you. . ."

The prince could sense the sudden nervousness in her voice and turned to look at her once more as he said, "What is it, Alla?"

"About a year ago, when I first came to court my grandmother and I spoke," Calla explained. When Rhaegar raised an eyebrow, she let out a breath and continued, "It was about marriage. It - It would seem that your father is considering a marriage between House Targaryen and House Baratheon. Between us."

She was prepared for him to laugh at her or leave but the dragon prince only let out a breath before his grin turned gentle once more. He brought a hand to her cheek and took her hand with the other. He pressed a kiss to it, "That doesn't seem so bad, does it?"

"You - You would wed me?" Calla asked hesitantly.

Rhaegar chuckled, "Of course I would. You are one of the few people in this snake pit that I trust and care for. You are also kind and smart and beautiful, why wouldn't I want to marry you?"

Calla's breath hitched as he leaned forward, their noses brushing, "Can I kiss you, Alla?"

"Yes."

✧✧✧

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 54.1K 61
๐€๐„๐๐Ž๐‘๐€ - ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰, ๐‘‡โ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘“๐‘ก ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘”๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘™๐‘’ ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘…๐‘œ๐‘”๐‘ข๐‘’ ๐‘ƒ๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘๐‘’. ๐ƒ๐š๏ฟฝ...
110K 2.6K 11
๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, - ๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‚๐—‹ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ ๐–ฝ๐—‚๐–ฝ๐—‡'๐— ๐—Œ๐–บ๐—๐–พ ๐—๐–พ๐—‹. ยฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ด
17K 1.2K 19
โ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐. โž (๐’๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง...
6.3K 242 14
๐Œ๐˜ ๐…๐‘๐”๐ˆ๐“๐’ | ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด, ๐˜“๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜จ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด...