𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒.

chapter twenty-three. . .twins

act two. . .lightening

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

°➶☽∘ ✧ ∘☾➴°

𝟐𝟖𝟕 𝐀.𝐂.

──────

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀 became with child again in the beginning of the two-hundred and eighty-seventh year after the Conquest. As her belly swelled and all the aliments of carrying a babe over took her, she promised her husband that it would be the last.

"Three children is a good amount," Calla argued with her arms crossed over her chest. She gave her husband an accusing look with her deep purple eyes. He grinned at her in return and stalked over to her, "I have already given you two silver princes and perhaps a third if not I will give you a beautiful princess! How many more can you need?"

His hand rested on her swollen belly, feeling the kicks underneath, as he pressed a few more than chaste kisses to her neck, "You say that now but in nine moons when you are practically attacking me and keeping me hostage in our bed, you will be singing a different tune."

"Not this time!" Calla had declared even if she knew she was just going to prove herself wrong in less than a year, "Not this time!"

Rhaegar only chuckled and continued to kiss down her neck as softly as he could. She eventually fell back into his arms and if she wasn't already with child, she would have been after that night.

Despite having been taken to the birthing bed two before and giving birth to two large, healthy babes, it never ceased to amaze her how much pain she would be in. Her grandmother was not with her for the first time - she had gone to Storm's End to attend Laena at her birth and fallen ill while there and was unable to make the trip for a while.

Robert had assured her that their sweet grandmother was alright and just needed to rest and relax. Calla was relieved and brushed off her nerves of being alone at the birth - and she was soon assured that she was not alone.

Rhaella was with her.

It had taken almost two years, but Rhaella Targaryen had healed from the years of torment she endured from her vicious and crazed brother-husband. There was a light to her that had been dimmed long before and it come back - the fire of a Targaryen - Rhaegar had claimed the first time his mother had attended court since her husband's death.

She had her little boy and two little girls to keep her going as well as her eldest son, good-daughter, and two lively grandsons who adored her more than anyone else.