Tokyo Ghoul - NEST

By FallenJester3

"Do you enjoy a Good end, or a Bad end?" "Aren't they the same thing?" "How so?" "No one has the right to say... More

Prologue
Escape from Solitary
A Normal Errand
The New Residents
Under Cover
The Mask Maker
Curing What Can't be Cured
The Plan to "Buzz Off"
The Choice, and a Highway Shootout
The Old Man and Dreams
Re
The File that Marks Life or Death
Hostage Situation
Letting the Monster Loose
What Does She Want?
Lazy Days
New Faces
Going Back
Talking French
In the Dark
Clues in Plain Sight
Delay for Home
Tsukiyama Residence
Control
Other Self
1000 - 7...
Not You...
Aftermath
Waking to a "Beautiful" Sight
Meetings
Follower
Quinx
Auction
Chaos
Voting poll!
Kakuja
God of Death
Gone
Silently Suffering
Time, Slowly Passing
The Bandaged Girl
Date with a Celebrity
Accept it
The Levin I Know
Say It!
She's Hungry! (For Me!)
Bookstore and a Bath
Through Whispering Thoughts
Hold Up
Acceptance
Kaneki Ken
Quiet, Once Again
Mom & Dad
Favorite Coffee
Unexpected Party
Scars
Women Are Needy
Preparation
Start of Operations
Trap
Melancholy
The Nutcracker
Torso
Jasons Legacy
Mister Nice Guy
Job
A Memory Filled Storm
Last Meeting
Anteiku
H Cell
Plans for Dates
The Calm Before the Storm
Storm Approaches
Orca
Broke Once Again
Sorrow
The Words of a Lost Friend
After the Storm
Turning your Back
No Matter What
Realization
The Aogiri Spy
Eye Patch
Teacher
Consideration
Stealth At Its Best
Mixed Feelings
To be Missed
Takatsuki Sen
Hidden Pain
Smell
Decisions
Without a Trace
Initiation
Lab Raid
Tools
Pinnacle of Insanity
Floppy
Remember
Don't...
Different
Fear over Love
White Christmas
End of the Chase
Intense Questioning
Looming Darkness
Vincent Valhalla
Flames Grow Taller
Not the Same
Bitter Reunion
Unexpected Friendship
Forgiveness
Target for Extermination
Stronger Bonds
RC Gates
Not Sorry
Ready?
Stronger than Before
Opposite Sides of the Same Coin
Make Them Hate
Thanks for the Memories
Miracles Don't Exist
All in Vain...?
Those Three Words
Seperated
Let it Out
The Hidden Error
Favorite Books, Secret Meanings
Next Move
Pawn
The Fight Draws Near
Newfound Hope
Sins of a Prophet
"I'll Be Back"
Lulluby for the Owl
The Foolish Plan
Infamous Clown
Riki Hada
The Reaper Knows Death
The Cruel One (Bonus Questionnaire)
I'm So Lonely Without You
Favorite Meal
Truths from Family
Snow White
The One Eyed King
King & Crow
The MIA Dove
Half of a Promise
Old Friend
Seidou Takizawa
The Journal
Where's The Frenchy?
Mouse Hunt
The Circus Is In Town
Clowning Around
Insane Love
The Fake Kings Ideal
Failure
Nightmares of Truth
Nashiro Yasuhisa
The Crows Ideal
Betrayal
Reaction
Beginning of the End
Destroy Everything
Binge Eater
Dead End
King vs Crow
Blood in the Street
Not -Alone- Anymore
Zealous Act
Clown Parade
No Escape
Rize Kamishiro
A Sea View
Building a New Future
Kurona Yasuhisa
The Planned Finale
Cruise to Valhalla
Short Reunions
Fall
Clipped Wings
Levin Seto
Black and White (Epilogue)
Part 1 Author Notes

Fake Friendship

1.5K 93 9
By FallenJester3

" Friends show their love in times of trouble, not in happiness."
- Euripides

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levin POV

I got out of the car and walked up to the city watch, a large park area surrounding the tall hill overlooking the city. As I get to the top, I sigh, looking at the pink colored sky, formatted with a little clouds here and there.

All the buildings and highways, lights turned on in Windows and cars. Kids being told to go inside because it was getting late, couples getting ready to go on dates.

I sit down in the grass and lay down, looking at just the sky. It's times like this that you feel very small. Yet you yourself feel so important, because nothing is more important than yourself, that's what your brain tells you.

But my brain right now is full of madness and messes that I can't keep up. Their starting to come back, the two voices in my head that love to mess with me. It's only a matter of time before I snap under pressure. But I can't let that happen.

One slip and I'm done for. I'm placing a huge gamble on this operation to take down Aogiri, and they already know I have a plan in mind now thanks to my little... hiccup I have to take care of.

"Hey, you called me?" Said a voice behind me, footsteps going to a stop a few feet away.

I look up from my position and look at the boys face. Little did I know this boy was my traitor when I first met him. It was actually very bad job from Aogiri. If he wasn't so obvious about it, maybe he would've lasted a bit longer.

I sit up, as he sits next to me.

"Hello Kawasaki." I said, my face shadowed by my hair, on my right side, he sits, and with my left hand, I clench it onto the dirt, trying to stop from strangling him to death right here and now.

He smiles. "What's up? Calling me out of school for something." He said with a confused voice.

I stand, leaving him on the ground, I take a few steps from him, forward. Then I stare at the horizon, sighing.

"Your a really good actor, you know that?" I ask, glancing back at him.

He flinched so little that it would've been not noticeable if I wasn't paying attention enough. He smiled, "Thanks?... hey, I was wondering-"

"Don't try to change the subject, Kawasaki." I said with a commanding voice, making him shut up.

He is silent, he looks shocked. I don't look at him, staring at the city.

"Trust is hard to come by these days... in this city... don't you think?" I ask, glancing back at him.

He flinched, more noticeable this time, I was breaking through that think later of glass he built for his acting. He looks serious, "yeah. But we're friends, we can trust each other, right?" He said that last part a bit nervously.

I smile. "No, we can't. Because we aren't friends, Kawasaki." I said with a friendly tone. I stretch, cracking my back and shoulders.

Kawasaki glared at me, standing up. "What's that about?" He asked.

I chuckle. "You can stop trying now. I already know."

He still acted though. "About what?" He yelled.

"That your a traitor." I said plainly, staring into his eyes.

He looked shocked. "Y-You don't have any proof-"

"Proof? Try this on for size... Aogiri already got whiff of the people we're getting together, and how do they know already?" I asked, glaring at him, my eyes flitting a quick red.

He backed up a step. "B-But-!"

"Who is the only person right now that wasn't rounding up people, and don't say Rize, because she is in hiding, and Aogiri would capture her the moment she walked out of Nest." I snapped.

I continued. "And who was the only person not at the mansion because of his school? Who was the only one who could've known about me going to that damned mansion and told the CCG about it?" I quickly explain, making him start to panic.

I come to a sudden stop, and glare at him with a state that made him freeze as if staring into the eyes of death.

I point at him. "That person... would be you, Kawasaki." I said with a final commanding tone as he took another step back, starting to laugh.

He laughed uncontrollably, rolling on the ground, so much even tears came out. He stood and smiled. "Yes... that's right. I tricked you all to get info for Aogiri. All the while playing as your friend. How sickening."

His words didn't hurt me a bit as I started to slowly walk towards him, my kagune starting to burst out of my back. Kawasaki made his appear, a long spiked tail, Bikaku.

The needles looked as sharp as porcupine needles, glowing a dark red. He smiled sadistically, drool coming from his mouth and his kakugan eyes making black veins go around his face.

My kagune bursts out and aimed at him, "I'm going to kill you." I declare, not letting my eyes go away from his.

He smirks. "I'm surprised, you aren't going nuts like you usually do when you fight, what's wrong? I thought you were going to beat me to a sloppy mess, like Tsukiyama?" He laughed.

I run forward, in front of him, making him flinch. "Do you want me to do that?" I said in a dark tone.

I swipe and whack him aside, he blocked it with his kagune and pushed off the ground with it, springing into the air and spinning around, doing front flips.

I jump out of the way, his tail slamming into the ground and making dirt kick up around us, I grab his tail with one of my claws and with the other, I slash his side, though he moved so it only grazed him.

One thing is for sure, he lied about not having ability to fight.

I let go of his tail, making him back off as I sprang forward, ramming my shoulder into his gut. He coughed up blood as he used his reflexes to punch me in the face, making me bite my lip, blood gushing into my mouth.

I spit out the blood, wiping my mouth as Kawasaki smirked. "Honestly, I thought you'd be better than this." He said.

"I don't need your input." I said under my breath as I ran towards him, swiping with both my limbs, making him fly into a tree, the whole thing shaking violently. He coughed out blood, falling to his knees.

I quickly run up to him, kicking him the the shoulder, hearing a satisfying crack. He let out a scream of pain, but I grabbed him as he was falling, by the hair.

"Now, your going to answer my question. One question, and I won't kill you." I said into his ear.

Kawasaki tried to struggle, but I quickly snapped his leg by stomping on it, making him cry out. "Fine, fine! Damnit!" He screamed.

"Where are they holding Touka?" I asked, pulling his hair more to stop him from passing out.

"I-In ward 24..." He mumbled.

I'm silent for awhile, but I let him go, making him fall. I turn and start to walk away. Behind me, he uses his kagune to jump at me, yelling at the top of his lungs. "Levin Seto!" He screamed.

I don't move, because I don't have to. I watch as two kagune limbs stab through him, one in the stomach and one in the leg. He stopped, struggling to breath as he looked down at his stomach. He looked to his side, Kurona is standing there, her straight face on.

"B-But I thought... you said... you wouldn't... kill me..." He mumbled as he fumbled the ground.

I glare down on him. "I did say that. I said that I wouldn't kill you. Not Her." I said as he fell, looking at the sky.

He gagged for awhile, then smiled. "The sky is... beautiful, isn't it?" He asked me.

I look up. "Yeah."

"Y'know... it looks kind of glassy... huh?" He chuckles, coughing. "Like a glassy sky." He mumble, before his chest stopped rising and fell, not moving again. His eyes turned back to normal, empty and hollow of any soul, if one had ever been there.

"Heh. It doesn't look glassy by itself, your just crying." I mumble, looking at his tears falling from his face as I walked back down the hill.

Kurona stood there, staring at me for awhile, then followed, silently and sadly. This isn't the last time this will happen. I will be betrayed many times, but I just can't imagine who will. Maybe Tsukiyama, but I warned him that I'd sick Rize on him if he went out of line.

Until the day when I can finally choose the right path, then I'll keep asking myself in this messed up mind of mine.

Who am I?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

378 46 25
people often ask me how love feels like, i could simply answer them that the definition of love is different for everyone, not just for different sto...
2.6K 293 111
тнe dιary lιғe oғ a vιllaιn, deмon queen wιтн тнe worldѕ ѕтrongeѕт нero тнaт ever вeen вorn and тнere ғrιendѕ. end ! ѕave! reѕтarт! conтaιn >da...
624 25 9
I have everything I desire, including wealth and political power, and I don't give a damn about other people's feelings since my happiness is my only...
133K 3.3K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...