The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

Por yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Más

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 40

779 25 14
Por yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia Above ^^)

Holy shit guys, we hit 7 k reads! 

Anyway, hope you like this chapter, make sure to vote and comment.

Also, the book is sadly coming to an end, just 5 more chapters left and an epoilgue and some bonus chapters.

(Amelia's Point of View)

It was everywhere. On every single website, on every single paper, just everywhere. I stare at my phone screen re-reading the big bold letters over and over again.

"Hidden daughter of Jackson Henderson, not so hidden anymore."

There was a picture of me right below that. Shit. Shit this is bad.

How the hell did this happen?

It had been two days since my encounter with Valentina, she seemed back to ignoring my presence. She did nothing that probably even gave me a clue she would leak this information. But did she do this..? If not her than who?

"Amelia... How the hell did this news come out? Did you and Jackson discuss this or something?" Ethan says as he enters my room, his phone in his hands. "I don't know... Dad and I didn't discuss this at all. I mean we talked a few weeks ago about this, but decided not to. We knew the media would be crazy, and I wanted to complete senior year in peace." I mumble scrolling through my phone and going through various articles that somehow have my pictures.

"Then who did this? This isn't small. These people seem to know your address, we had a few cameraman and news reporters outside our house a few minutes ago, and people are gathering around here." He says.

"Valentina." I whisper. "Valentina?" He asks, confused. "She leaked the information. Remember how she knew all about this just a few days ago? It has to be her." I say as I look up at him.

"But why would she do something like this?" He asks. "Ethan it's obvious, she wants you. She has been after you and I supposedly ruined her chance with you." I sigh as I put my phone on the bed and close my eyes.

"Hey it's going to be alright." I hear Ethan say and I feel him walk closer to me and sit next to me on the bed. "It's not Ethan. It's not. There are reporters outside the house, I can't even imagine how many reporters are outside dad's office. Ethan this is going to look bad for him. Most people don't even know about his first marriage, they are going to assume things and it's going to look bad for him. What if he leaves..? What if he can't handle what the media says and decides to just leave me so that he has a good name?" I whisper.

"Hey that's not gonna happen. Your father loves you and no father who loves their daughter as much as Jackson loves you would ever leave their daughter." He says. "I know... But Ethan I am scared. I don't like this. I don't like being scared." I whisper.

I feel Ethan lift me up and place me on his lap so that I am straddling him. He wraps his arms around me and I wrap my arms around his neck, burying my face in the crook of his neck.

"Baby I know you don't. But you have nothing to be scared of. No one is leaving you." He whispers to me soothingly and kisses my temple. We stay silent, wrapped up in each other's embrace.

"Thank you." I say after sometime. "What?" He asks, confused. "Thank you for... Holding me. And making me feel better." I say and kiss his forehead lightly. "You don't need to thank me." He says and pecks my lips.

Just then my phone starts ringing. I pull away slightly from Ethan, putting one hand on his shoulder as I pick up the phone.

I read the caller id and my eyes widened. "Who is it?" He asks. "Dad." I say. His eyes widen slightly and he nods, gesturing for me to pick my phone up.

I pick the phone up and press it against my ear. "Hi?" I say. I hear a bunch of background noise and shouts and then the sounds of footsteps shuffling. "Amelia hi. Things are going crazy, news has escaped and I have no idea how. Is everything okay there?" He asks, he sounds breathless.

"Yeah... Things are fine... Though there are a few cameramen and news reporters outside, but things aren't crazy. How's everything there?" I ask. "I am stuck in my office, outside it's a huge crowd of news reporters and cameras, I have just called the police to help clear the crowd. The office doors are locked so that no one comes in or out of the building." He says with a sigh.

I sigh and close my eyes, cursing myself for all of the havoc I have caused. "Do.. Do you by chance know who spread the news out?" He asks. "I am not sure... But I have a feeling of who may do something like this." I say. "Who?" He asks.

"Valentina Jones... She is one of the girls who go to my school and is in a few of my classes. Two days ago, she approached me and threatened me. She somehow knew... everything. I don't know how." I sigh. "Valentina Jones, as in the daughter of Maven Jones?" He asks. "Yes." I say. "Why would she do something like that?" He asks.

"She thinks I ruined her chance with Ethan... Before Ethan and I dated they kinda had a thing going around and now she thinks I ruined it." I sigh as I place my head on Ethan's shoulder while he rubs my back.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean for this news to go out. I knew you wanted your senior year in peace. I am going to figure out how she figured out and we will somehow resolve this." He says. "It's not your fault... My fault mostly. But it's fine really, it was going to get out in the media one day or another." I say.

"True. Amelia I will talk to you later, the police are here and are helping clear the crowd out." He says. "Alright bye." I say and he hangs up.

"Everything good?" He asks me. "Yeah... Dad called the police over, there seems to be a huge crowd outside the office." I say as I hug him tight, for some reason I love the feeling of being in his arms.

"See. You were scared of nothing." He whispers his lips lingering on my neck. "Hmm." I say, feeling flustered.

He pulls away slightly so that we both can face each other. His eyes go down to my lips and linger there for sometime before he looks at my face again. "I really haven't kissed you in awhile." He says, huskily.

"You really haven't." I whisper back my eyes darting down to his lips. He leans in and his soft lips touch mine. For a few seconds they don't move, and then his lips move softly. I kiss him back just as gently, his arms around my waist tighten as he pulls me closer to him if possible.

The kiss gets heated and faster within a few seconds and I pull away due to the lack of oxygen, but Ethan doesn't stop, he starts kissing my jaw and goes down to my neck.

He starts biting and sucking on my soft spot causing me to throw my head back and bite my lip to hold in my moans. Just as his hands find their way to the bottom of my shirt the door bursts open. We practically jump away from each other as if we are on fire.

"Oh my god!" I hear Jullie squeal. My eyes widen. Shit. "Should I be expecting grandbabies?" She asks. "No." Ethan says calmly as he is trying to get his breathing back to normal.

"Aw." She frowns. Jullie is a way to cool mom.

I gulp feeling awkward. I mean who wouldn't. My boyfriend's mom just caught us making out. I mean if she would have come in a few minutes later one of us would probably be naked.

"But on a serious note, why are people gathered outside our house? I just came back from work and our driveway has quite a few people on it." She says. "News spread out." Ethan sighs. "News? What news?" She asks. "That Amelia is the daughter of Jackson. God, it isnt even bad here, Jackson had to call the police just so that he could get out of the office." Ethan says, his hand somehow found mine and he is now playing with the ring on my finger.

I have my promise ring on my right hand, my left hand ring finger is saved for... something else. There are times where Ethan absentmindedly strokes my left hand ring figure, and traces patterns over it as if a ring there.

"Oh my god." Jullie says as she sighs. The entire Turner house knows about me being the daughter of Jackson, I mean of course they do. They kinda have to know so that me living here makes more sense.

Jullie exits the room muttering to herself and just as she closes the door behind her, Ethan tugs me towards him by pulling on my hand. "I love you." He says cuddling into me as we lie on the bed. "I love you too." I say as I wrap my arms around him and snuggle into his chest.

~~~

It's been a day since news spread out. The media is less crazy now and it all seems like old news. My dad called me last night, telling me that I was in fact right and Valentina was the one to spread news out. Turns out her and her dad payed some guy to figure out all this 'black and forbidden' information about my dad and I.

Mr. Jones had some grudge against my dad because of some business deal and Valentina had a grudge against me. So both of them made it a mission to expose us.

It didn't do anything really. All the rumors about my dad cheating on Leslie died down the moment dad gave his side of the story and revealed about his first marriage. So now it is all calm and peaceful, nothing really happened at school. Sure people gave me looks but that's it.

"Baby stop moving. I am trying to cuddle you here." Ethan mumbles sleepily into my hair making me break out of my thoughts. I was moving trying to get the blanket on us, because Ethan here had hogged the whole blanket.

"Well then share the blanket." I grumble with a huff. He mumbles something under his breath before throwing the blanket on both of us and then snuggling into me so tight, I swear I stop breathing for a second.

I wrap my arms around him and he pulls me closer before falling asleep again.

We were taking an afternoon nap. More like he was. Today after school he was quite tired, he had both morning and afternoon practice and was drained. The last game of the school year is in two weeks and their coach wants them to play good, so he has been taking extra practice since this month.

Suddenly the door burst open and Adrian jumped onto both of our bodies. I giggled as Adrian made himself comfortable on top of us while Ethan just sighed. "What are you up to?" Adrian asks with a bright smile. "Nothing. Just cuddling." I say with a smile of my own.

"Ooh I wanna join." He says and starts shoving himself in between us. Ethan grunted when Adrian was successfully in between us. Adrian threw an arm around me and closed his eyes, a smile still on his face. I put one arm around him and looked at Ethan who was glaring at his little brother.

I smiled at him and picked Ethan's hand up and pecked his knuckles before intertwining my hands with his. He looked up at me with a grin before looking down at his brother and sighing most probably because he can't 'hold me close' the way he 'likes'.

I shake my head and him softly and a small chuckle escapes my mouth as I close my eyes.

~~~

Hope you liked this chapter! 

All chapters may be short from now on since the book is ending. 

What kind of bonus chapters would you want? (Example: Their wedding, honeymoon, kids, college... etc) 

Drop your requests here >

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...
226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...