Life Of Mine...

By background21

Every girl wants a fairytale. Every girl wants to have a happily ever after. Like the same Amelia of 17years... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 19

2.3K 105 5
By background21

*Amelia Pov*

"Thanks for the food yesterday." I said to him when we were having breakfast.

"Welcome so coffee?" he asked smiling.

I rolled my eyes and ate my breakfast calmly. Victoria and Blake saw this with amazed eyes.

I heard a knock on my door and I said "Come in"

"So today he put another case on me." Adrian said sitting infront of me.

"What is it today?" I asked him.

"That I stole his old fashioned pen. Can you believe him?" he asked shaking his head as usual.

"That is so shocking news." I said bored and gave him the white paper. As usual he got the call and that person magically took back the case.

This is what happening for the past one week. But the only thing that happened different today is when he asked "So Lunch?"

I shook my head and continued to study my case. When we reached home Abigail started jumping up and down as it is weekend. But I was not jumping because I have work at that time.

I can't take her to office as few clients are coming to the office. When I told my worry out loud, Adrian immediately said "I will take care of her."

I felt great and nodded. These three days she is going to stay with him so that I can complete my case successfully.

Finally it was over and I returned home a little lately than everyday to see Adrian and Abigail sleeping on the bed. I smiled and went near Abigail and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

She immediately held my hand and didn't leave it so I lay on the other side of Abigail. I held her closely and then felt a hand on me.

I opened my eyes to see his hand on my hand. I closed my eyes smiling and let the sleep consume me.

I opened my eyes to see someone holding me tightly which is totally new for me after all these years. So I opened my eyes in panic to see Adrian still sleeping but holding me.

I turned around to see Abigail playing with Victoria and Blake in this room. Oh God! I thought and immediately removed his hand from me and he too woke up with the moment.

"Good morning!" he said smiling at me.

"Good morning!" I mumbled and got away from the bed.

"Dad is calling you Meli." Victoria said smirking.

I nodded and went near him after getting ready. I knocked on his office door and went inside.

"Meli! I am so happy that you won your first case. But I want a favor from you." he said and asked me to sit down.

"What is it Alpha?" I asked him frowning.

"Can you take care of the pack too in middle? Like giving them some motivation for the teenagers or something." He replied.

"Sure!" I said smiling.

"Great! You and Adrian are now going to do that together." He said smiling.

"Adrian?" I asked him shocked. He nodded and I left the room frowning.

"Why do you don't want to work with him?" I heard someone asking me making me shriek.

I turned to see Blake standing there folding his arms. I shook my head and continued to walk.

"Hey I know Adrian is flirting with you but he is really a nice guy with amazing heart." He said walking beside me.

"I know! His flirting didn't felt like creep to me at all." I said nodding at him.

"Then what is the problem?" he asked confused.

"He is an amazing guy and deserves a amazing girl." I replied in 'Duh' tone.

"What are you talking about? You are pretty amazing." He said smiling.

"I have a four year old daughter." I said sighing.

"So? She is pretty amazing too." He said confused

"I don't know! But I am attracted to him too." I said accepting the truth and immediately placed the hand covering my mouth.

"That's amazing! Problem solved." He said happily.

"Just leave it!" I said and got ready along with Abigail.

"Mom!" she called while I was driving towards the school.

"What Princess?" I asked her smiling.

"I really like Adrian." She replied.

"Call him Uncle Princess. He is older than you." I said and frowned at her sentence.

"He asked him to not call him by Uncle. Until he asks me to call him by another special word he asked me to cal him by his own name." She said when I stopped the car.

"When did he told you this?" I asked her shocked.

"Yesterday! I really like him." She replied happily and went inside the school.

Today I waited for him to come so that I can give him some class. After sometime I heard the same type of knock and I asked him to come in.

"What did you steal today?" I asked him when he sat infront of me.

"Someone else stole something from me." he replied shrugging.

"What is that?" I asked him raising an eyebrow.

"My heart!" he replied smiling.

"Don't you think that is too cheesy." I said shaking my head.

"Who cares! So dinner?" He asked smiling his as usual dazzling one.

"I don't know what you are thinking Adrian. But I don't want to get Abigail hurt. Don't show her useless dreams and I don't think I will be able to cure her pain." I said in serious tone.

"Oh come on Ms.Amelia Raferty! I really like you don't you get it. I am not saying that I am doing big work here flirting with you the past one month but I am not faking it. I really love that kid and all I ask is a chance. I got fed up with the girls leaving me either for their mates or to cheat on me so for one time I felt like I can trust someone completely." He said and then drank the water on my table.

"I will come again tomorrow after stealing anybodies spectacles atleast for sure." He said looking at me.

He got up to leave but I stopped him in his tracks asking "So Dinner?"

"Come on!" he said turning around and dragged me from my chair.

"Office?" I asked him confused.

"You are taking leave." He replied.

"Abigail?" I asked him more confused.

He stopped and called Blake to take care of Abigail. I shook my head and got inside the car he parked infront of this building.

"So where are we going?" I asked him confused because it is still morning.

"Taking you to three dates." He replied smiling.

"Three?" I asked him shocked.

"Coffee and then Lunch and then Dinner." He replied winking and I shook my head smiling.

As he said he took me to the two dates in the near hotels but for dinner he started driving towards the outskirts. I enjoyed talking with him during the Lunch so much.

We just talked and we are still talking while he is driving. Finally he stopped infront of a big tree.

"Where are we?" I asked him confused.

"Trust me!" he replied and I got some past memories but I shook my head compressing them.

We walked inside the forest and he is holding a basket in his hands. When did he got it? It is the only question in my mind when he started placing the contents inside it on the mat.

Looking at my expression he smiled and said "When we are having our lunch I asked them to pack some food for us which will be good even after few hours."

I nodded and sat beside him. We both continued talking while having the dinner. I looked around to see the beautiful scenery and just looked at it amazed. While looking at it I felt a small kiss on my cheek.

I looked towards him to see that he is acting his best as if he is eating the food seriously. When I really look at him my heart felt like it is skipping a beat.

I never felt like this even with my so called mate. I smiled and placed my lips on his. He sat there stunned and moved back.

"Did you just kiss me?" he asked smirking.

"Did I?" I asked him back and washed my hands.

"So.." I started to say but couldn't finish the sentence as he pressed his lips to mine.

I smiled in his kiss and kissed him back. After releasing him I said "He cheated on me and that too two times."

"Who? Your mate?" he asked but I can hear the disappointment that I told about him at this point.

"Generally after mating we can't stay away from the mates. If one dies then the other lives like a shell. But that didn't happened to me. I felt hurt when he did that because I felt so cheap that he is the mate who doesn't even know how to respect his soul mate. My heart never skipped for him. Whatever I have was because of the bond." I replied.

"Do you want me to take you back?" he asked with sadness in his voice.

"But with you even though there is no bond I felt the warmth. Whatever you do make me smile instantly. My heart skips a beat for you Adrian." I said smiling.

"Really? My heart too does that Meli." He said hugging me.

"Are you really ok that I already have a daughter?" I asked hugging him tightly.

"Hey she was not there then I wouldn't have got to see the real smile of you at the first meeting. And that is the moment when I got to know that I am gone for you. So yeah I will thank her for my whole life." He replied releasing me.

"I will show you something." He said dragging me to my feet and we walked further.

We stopped infront of a cottage. I looked at him confused but he ignored my look and opened the door.

"This is where I born." He said when we entered.

"Oh!" I said looking around to see small furniture here and there.

"My parents were murdered here in this room." He said showing me the living room and I held his hand tightly.

"That was the last war that happened between two packs. Then Alpha took me in as his own son when I was four years old." He said and we went to another room.

"You are four years older than me." I mumbled entering the room.

We both lay down on the bed and he said "I was sleeping between my Mom and Dad here on this bed. Then suddenly we heard the howls and many footsteps near the cottage. Mom and Dad went outside the room and by that time few werewolfs entered and killed them. They started walking towards me but suddenly another one came and killed those. He changed infront of me and took me with him outside."

I pulled him to me and placed his head on my heartbeat and asked "Why did they kill your parents?"

"They were just in frenzy of killing everything after that long war. That is they just gone crazy. Isn't it stupid to lose parents just because few werewolfs got crazy?" he asked and felt his tears falling on me.

I turned and kissed him letting him know that I am here. He kissed me back and we know that things are going out of control.

"Are you sure?" he asked when I held his shirt.

"More than ever!" I replied and that's all he need for me to say.

There was only one thought in my mind maybe Love feels like this I guess.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 312 65
In a world where mates are a thing of the past, one woman has been tasked to bring them back. What does she have to do? Find her mate? Is it that sim...
334K 9.9K 41
Sophia is eighteen years old werewolf and the second daughter of an Alpha. Being the last daughter she is next in throne as Alpha of Nightshade Moon...
644K 10K 28
Isabelle Slate had gone her whole life looking forward to finding her mate- the one who'd look after her, love her, and protect her. But when she's m...