Time enough for love (lumity...

By Nuddy03

Amity finally found the courage to confess her feelings to Luz, only for it to end in disaster. As Amity tri... More

Confession and rejection
Confusion
Regret
Sympathy
Punishment
Fear
A plan to find mittens
Searching for Mittens
Mittens found
Stay with me
Tough talks
The times we look back on
A new guest in the boiling isles
Sleepover
Sleepover part 2
A rough day
Unrequited love
A strange encounter
The next 6 days part 1
The next 6 days part 2
Meteor shower
Interrogation
Roses are red
Violets are blue
It's I against I
And me against you
Do it for her
That's how you know you can win
A/N
Battle at Blight manor
A tortured past
Amity's mind
A dreaded message
Easter special (non canon)
But the story is just beginining
Christmas special (canon)
Sequel out!!

This chapter may be ending

1.2K 31 191
By Nuddy03

Authors note: only 2 chapters left counting this one so get ready.

Amity POV
"I have to go home."

5 simple words uttered from the human's mouth and my heart was shattered. It felt like the ground opened up and I was swallowed up into an endless pit of emptiness. But it didn't. Instead I sat there, speechless, my mind desperately trying to process as my heart cried in agony.

It was Gus who broke the silence that befell the group. "When?" He croaked, his voice straining to hold back the flood of emotions that had undoubtedly filled the young boy.

"Tomorrow morning." Luz responded, her voice too filled with heartbreak.

A saddened silence once again fell upon the group, none of us having the ability to speak, for fear of breaking down. Then Eda's voice came with her a hopeful idea.
"Well then we shouldn't waste anytime." She said. "Do you really want your last day to be silent wallowing in sadness?"

Gus perked up. "Yeah let's throw you a super awesome going away party!"

Luz's eyes sparkled with happiness and I felt my chest tighten as she turned to me with excitement and leaned in so her face was only a few inches away from me which made me turn bright red.
"This is gonna be awesome!" She said and I tried to respond but all I squeaked out was something along the lines of.
"Yetottly"

At this Willow giggled. "You aren't allowed to see us get it ready though Luz."

Luz pouted in the most adorable way. "Whyyyyyyyy???" She whined.

"Cause it's gotta be a surprise kid, that's how these things work." Eda said.

"Plus you don't plan your own going away party, duh." Gus added.

Luz continued to pout and willow rolled her eyes playfully. "How about this Luz, if you let us plan the party." Luz gave an annoyed, sad expression in protest but Willow continued. "You two can have the whole day, just the two of you."

At this both Luz's and my faces went tomato red. We tried to protest but eda pushed us out the house. "Go have some fun you two." And she slammed the door behind her.

Me and Luz looked at each other and looked away blushing. My mind was racing and gay panic had fully taken control. "Omt (oh my Titan) omt omt omt." I tried to calm myself down. If this is the last opportunity I get to spend with Luz then I can't spend the whole day gay panicking.

"So." I say to her as I calm down. "What do you wanna do first?"

Luz ponders for a moment. "We could go to the market and see if there's anything fun on sale."

I nod my head and Luz grabs my hand and we run off to the market.

30 minutes later.
Willow POV
"Gus calm down." I said as my small friend paced around the room frantically.

"It's been 30 minutes and we've got no ideas for Luz's going away party." He said frantically.

"Kid we've got all day, try and relax." Eda said casually.

"No!" He protested. "This could be Luz's last ever memory of the boiling isles, of all of us." He began to tear up. "It has to be perfect."

I looked at him sympathetically. "Gus whatever we end up doing, as long as we're all here I'm sure Luz will love it."

The small boy looked at me with tears eyes. "And kid I doubt this'll be the last time we see Luz again." Eda adds. Gus looks at her skeptically as she continues. "One of the many traits that Luz always annoys me with is her infuriating love for her friends. I mean after all the crap we just went through to get the Blight girl back, you really think Luz is just gonna accept never seeing you twerps again."

Gus looks up at her as I walk up to him and place a caring hand in his, I notice his cheeks turn a little red as he looks at my hand and looks away. "So let's plan this party okay?" I say to him and he nods.

"If you want party advice just call the twins back here." We hear a voice from the doorway and see Nick and Lilith standing there. "Those two threw a massive event when I came back to the boiling isles the first time 5 years ago. And the only reason they didn't throw me a going away party when I left two years later was because I didn't tell them I was leaving." Nick explained.

"That's not a bad idea Nick." Lilith said.

"Yeah, who knew you cared so much?" Eda teased.

Nick rolled his eyes. "The kid just deserves a break after anything that just went down."

"Well let's stop chatting about it, let's call them." Gus said.

Luz POV
Me and Amity were wandering around the market, laughing at my story I was telling Amity about me getting arrested while in Eda's body.

"You're lucky you didn't get executed or something." Amity said with a giggle.

As we explored the market we got some food, the boiling isles equivalent of cotton candy. Not long after we spotted a couple of familiar faces sitting outside a little cafe.
"SKARA! BOS-" I was cut off by amity putting her hand over my mouth. But it was too late, Boscha and Skara turned and saw us. Boscha rolled her eyes and Skara waved, though she looked a little disheartened when she saw us. But she still invited us over.

As we began walking towards the two Amity groaned. I turned to my green-haired crush.
"What? I thought you and Skara patched things up?"

"We did. It's not that." She responded.

"Then what is it?" I pressed as we got closer to the cafe.

Amity looked at Boscha and Skara, who were pulling up some chairs. She then whispered to me.
"I think they were on a date."

I look at the pair who had sat back down then back to Amity and suddenly guilt flooded my chest. I had just totally spoiled their date by not thinking before calling out.

"Are we interrupting something?" I say sheepishly as we get to the table.

"It's nothing." Skara says, trying to sound positive, but I can tell she really wanted today to be just her and Boscha.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "We can leave."

"Just sit down human." Boscha says, a little angrily.

Me and Amity hesitantly sit down and an awkward silence falls across the table.

After a moment Skara nervously breaks the silence. "So how're things settling back in?" She asks.

"Well enough" I respond, "though it'll all be shaken up again soon." Amity sighs and fiddles with the table cloth.

"Care to be less cryptic?" Boscha asks in her usual mocking tone.

I take a quick breath. "I'm going back to the human world."

Skara audibly gasps and Boscha raised and eyebrow. "When?" The pink haired girl asks.

"Tomorrow." Amity responds. Her voice sounds hoarse and tired.

"How come your not with illusion boy and half a witch?" Boscha asks me.

"Boscha." Skara scolds.

Boscha looks at her short, grey haired, friend, who gestures for her to try again. Boscha sighs.
"Why aren't you with Willow and Gus?"

"They're planning me a going away party for tonight so they're back at the Owl house." I respond.

"Ooh ooh ohh!" Skara says excitedly, earning the attention of the rest of the group. "Can we help?!"

"What?" All three of us say at once.

"Cmon it'll be fun." Skara turns to her three eyed friend. "You love parties."

"Yes but I can't imagine Luz, Amity or really anyone else would want me there." Boscha responds dryly.

"Think of it as a way for us to make up for all the stuff we've done." Skara says cheerily.

"I don't think we can ever make up for that." Boscha mumbles sadly and Skara's expression saddens.

A moment of silence passes before Amity speaks up.
"Well it's at least a start. If nothing else."

Boscha meets Amity's eyes and lets out a sigh. "Fine, when is this party?"

Me and Amity look at each other.
"We don't really know." I say pressing my index fingers together awkwardly.

Boscha rolls her eyes. "Fine me and Skara will go now and help set up, you two enjoy you day or whatever." The pink haired girl pays for what they had at the cafe and headed towards the owl house, skara happily waving at us until they were out of view.

I turn to Amity. "Those were some nice words you said to Boscha."

"Well she's basically in the position I was in before." Amity responds. "It seems only fair she should get the chance to better herself too."

"Welp" I say, slapping my knees as I get up from the table. "There's still plenty of time before the party, let's go have some more fun."

A few hours later.

Me and Amity where in her secret hideout in the library reading Azura. We voiced the characters with deliberately bad impressions and constantly made fun of the characters we were reading about. We were having so much fun that was only interrupted by Amity getting a notification on her scroll.

She pulled the device out and looked at it.
"Oh it's from Emira." She said. "They're ready for us back at the owl house."

I took a deep breath. I was suddenly feeling a weird knot in my stomach.

Amity, being the wonderfully observant friend she is, noticed this and shot me a sympathetic look.
"Luz are you okay?" She asked.

I gave a small nod and gulped, trying to hold back tears.
"It's just going to be hard to leave this whole place behind you know?"

Amity gave a small smile.
"I know, it's going to be hard not having you around constantly."

"But I'll come visit." I say quickly.

"You better." She joked and we both gave a small laugh before Amity got up and helped me to my feet.
"Well we shouldn't keep the others waiting."

Time skip.

Amity POV
Me and Luz were approaching the owl house, which had been decorated with lights and banners that said 'we love you Luz!'
It was an incredibly sweet gesture, one that my human crush clearly appreciated, if the already forming tears were anything to go by.

"Wow if she's crying already she will not make it through tonight in one piece."
I thought to myself. I still had a surprise I wanted to show her, I had managed to sneakily set it up with the help of Eda and my siblings and so all I had to do was slip away at one point in the party and get ready.

When we finally got to the Owl lady's home we were, of course, greeted by the ever annoying owl tube that guarded the house.

"Hello friends, hoot hoot." Hooty said.

"Hello hooty." Luz responded politely. "You know weirdly enough I am actually going to miss you Hooty." Luz adds as she pets the creature.

We enter the owl house to sounds of cheers and  an obnoxiously loud party horn being blown by my brother. After a couple of seconds his face starts turning red and he takes a deep breath.
"Ooh, almost passed out." He says to the laughter of everyone.

Willow and Gus walk up to us.
"How was your day out?" Willow asks.

"We had a great time." Luz says with a wide grin and i blush a little and Willow smirks, clearly seeing my red face.

"We weren't expecting..." Gus looks over at Skara goofily dancing to the music with Boscha rolling her eyes (though I detected a small smile creeping at her lips).
"Them." Gus finishes.

"Well they wanted to help so we let them." I say. "Sorry we just kinda sprung them on ya."

Ed and Em approached. "Hey cutie, hope you enjoying the party, we worked super hard on it." They say to Luz.

"You guys did great." Luz said.

"Well anyways Nick said he wanted to talk to you." Em says as I raise an eyebrow.

"He says to meet him on the roof." Ed finished.

Luz looked at me, Willow and Gus but we all just shrugged our shoulders, not knowing what he wanted.
"Well I'll see you all in a minute then." Luz said as she made her way to the roof.

"Well?" My siblings said, now turning their attention to me. "Are you ready for your surprise for Luz."

I gulped, pushing down my nervousness and nodded my head.

Luz POV

I made my way to the roof where I saw Nick staring out at the night sky.
"This is where I told my backstory to Amity." He says. "And where you decided to ease drop." He added.

"Can't help it." I said jokingly. "I love backstories."

He gave a small smile and gestures for me to sit next to him, which I did.
"You nervous about going back?" The former soldier asked.

I silently nodded.

"You'll be able to come back one day." Nick says.

"And what if I can't?" I respond. "What if my mom doesn't let me?"

"Kid I don't think Eda would take that as a reason to not come visit." Nick jokes. "And Amity would just rip a whole in the dimensions if she had to I'm pretty sure."

I laugh a little at this but then once again fall silent.
"Will everything be alright, going forward I mean."

Nick let's out a sigh. "Well Amity's parents as well as Zoe are still out there." He says. "They'll no doubt be reporting to the Emperor about what happened, they'll likely be coming for the key."

Suddenly I had a realisation. "What if I take the key with me!" Nick looks at me questioningly.
"Then there's no way Belos could get it.

Nick ponders for a moment. "That... could work. He'll be coming after us anyway, at least this way there's no way he could actually get it."

"But would you be able to hold them off?" I ask.

"We wouldn't be any better at it even if we had the key." Nick points out. "Though Luz you have to know, if I have the chance to kill the Blight parents, Zoe or Belos then I will take it."

"I understand." I respond. As much as I would like to avoid anyone dying I can't expect Nick not use the skill he has to end the fighting as quickly as possible.

"Well go on kid." Nick says as he stands up. "Enjoy yourself down there."

I nod at him. "I will."

"Oh and put this on." He throws my grom outfit for me to catch. I look at him questioningly and he just shrugs.
"It's a party after all."

Amity POV
I look at myself in the mirror and try and calm myself. I see the dark green three piece suit and button white shirt. I'm not usually one to where suits but this time I'm making an exception.

"Looking good sis." I hear my brother say as I turn to see him leaning against the door way.
"Luz is gonna be blown away." Em adds.

I smile nervously and try and force down my anxieties as I leave the bedroom and return downstairs.
I see Luz talking to Eda while comforting an upset King who clearly doesn't want the human to leave the boiling isles.
She's wearing the same outfit she wore at grom. The mismatched tutu with the suit jacket perfectly encapsulated her quirky personality that I had fallen so heavily in love with.

I crept behind her and put my hands over her eyes. She gave a little Yelp but then giggled which made my heart melt.
"Ami whatre you doing?" She asked.

"Close your eyes and no peaking okay." I said back.

"What're your planning?" She asked.

"It's a surprise."

"Oh I love surprises." She responded.

I look to eda who nods and gives me her staff and whispers. "Good luck kid." To me.

We get on the staff and I lead Luz to the place of my greatest memory, the tree at which we danced.

We arrive shortly and I gently help Luz dismount from the staff.
"Okay open your eyes."

She does as asked and then I see her eyes light up and shine with amazement.
"Amity this is..."

"Where we defeated grom yes."

"It looks a lot better than it did in your mind." She jokes.

"Yes it does." I agree. "My inner Amity was not happy about this memory getting ruined."

"Yeah you're inner Amity was kinda intense." Luz responds, giving a nervous chuckle.

"Yeah sorry about that."

"It's okay." Luz says quickly. "We got you out of there and saved your memories so no biggie."

"Well then Luz, if that's all settled." I say extending my hand. "May I have this dance."

Luz POV
I take Amitys hand and we perfectly recreate the dance we did at grom. (Minus the giant evil monster that is).
I am filled with joy and warmth as I dance with the green haired witch.

As we finish dancing we keep holding hands and I stare into Amity's golden eyes.
"I'm glad we got to do that again before you left." Amity says.

"Yeah" I respond, my eyes glancing at her lips.
"There's one more thing I want to do before we go."

I lean in to kiss the green haired girl and feel pressure against my lips. But it isn't her lips. I open my eyes to see Amitys hand blocking my path. Creating a shield between my lips and hers.

I see a few tears roll down her eyes. "Luz you are going back tomorrow and you may never come back." Amity says, her voice desperately trying to hide her heartbreak. "I can barley accept it as is, if we kiss I'd never be able to come to terms with it."

"Amity." I says sympathetically.

"If you ever get the chance to move back here for good then we can be something more." Amity says. "But for now we have to stay just friends."

I give a small smile and wipe the tears from her eyes. "I understand Amity."

"You do?"

"Of course. Cmon let's get back to the party."

She nods her head and we mount Eda's staff and fly back to the owl house.

The next day.

I stand in front of the Owl house. I've said my goodbyes to everyone, packed my stuff and gotten the key from Eda. All that's left is to walk through the portal in the door and return home from 'summer camp'.

I take one last look back at everyone. Eda, King, hooty, Willow, Gus, Boscha, Skara, Nick, Edric, Emira, Viney, Jerbo, Lilith and of course...

Amity.

I give one last smile and wave before taking a deep breath and walk through the door.

Amity POV
Luz waves and turns to leave the boiling isles. She's really going, I can't stop it, she's leaving the boiling isles for maybe ever. There's no way I can get her to stay.

Then an idea pops into my head. I may not be able to make her stay, but I can go with her.

With that I run forward, past my siblings who give sounds of confusion and I follow Luz.

I go through the portal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 737 17
My own cover I made! Lumity fan fic Amity's life was never easy but she'd always leave the house to relax in the woods, Luz never noticed her there a...
689 9 16
Important information: This is in between season 1 and 2, in this version Amity does not break her leg, also her father is "dead". Actual descriptio...
21.6K 773 21
With a great life now in the Boiling Isles Luz finally returns to the human realm again. Promising Amity that she would come back. But when the day c...
9.1K 159 15
Luz has went to camp and when she came back she didn't act any different, she still didn't get one friend so her mother (Camila) changed. She got agg...