Hero of Resilience: Halo

By TheHinokami

Join us as we explore the story of what if Izuku Midoriya was expelled on the day of the quirk apprehension t... More

Chapter 1: Expelled?
Chapter 2: Decisions
Chapter 3: Inko Midoriya & Talk Pt 1.
Chapter 4: Talk Pt. 2
Chapter 5: It's A Wild Gran Torino!
Chapter 6: Past Comes To Light
Chapter 7: Quirk Training & UA Vs Eraserhead
Chapter 8: Fourth Day of Training & Talk of Sir Nighteye
Chapter 9: Arriving at Shiketsu
Chapter 10: Dorms & Roommate!
Chapter 11: First Day!
Chapter 12: First Days are easy? No! Training Start!
Chapter 13: First Combat Training
Chapter 14: U.S.J!?
Chapter 15: Dadmight!?
Chapter 16: UA Aftermath & Decision
Chapter 17: DadMight Time & Conversations
Chapter 18: Training for the Sports Festival
Chapter 19: UA High Sports Festival
Chapter 20: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 1.
Chapter 21: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 2.
Chapter 22: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 3.
Chapter 23: Shiketsu High Sports Festival Pt 4.
Chapter 24: Enter General Midoriya + Scolding!
Chapter 25: Hero Names & Internship Offers!
Chapter 26: Internships Start!
Chapter 27: Internship Reactions!
Chapter 28: Internship: Hosu!
Chapter 29: Stain Vs Halo!
Chapter 30: Hosu Aftermath
Chapter 31: Internship Over!
Chapter 32: Provisional License Training & OFA Control!?
Chapter 33: Provisional Exam!
Chapter 34: Peaceful Conversations
Chapter 35: Inasa & One For All
Chapter 36: Singularity Point
Chapter 37: Mall Incident
Chapter 38: I-Island! Pt 1.
Chapter 39: I-Island Pt. 2
Chapter 40: Shiketsu High School Summer Training
Chapter 41: UA Summer Training Camp
Chapter 42: Camp Aftermath & Plea
Chapter 43: Ready? Set! Talk!
Chapter 44: Ready? Set! Raid!
Chapter 45: Fighting of Titans!
Chapter 46: Media & Aftermath
Chapter 47: Halo & Eraserhead!
Chapter 48: Bakugo Household
Chapter 49: Dream & Unlocking Quirks
Chapter 50: Dorms
Chapter 51: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 1.
Chapter 52: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 2.
Chapter 53: Provisional Exams Shiketsu & UA Pt 3.
Chapter 54: Work-Studies Start & Giant!?
Chapter 55: Report and Raid Request?
Chapter 56: Prelude to Raid!
Chapter 57: Raid Meeting & Talk With Sir Nighteye
Chapter 58: Shie Hassaikai Raid!
Chapter 59: Return to Shiketsu High School & Relaxing!
Chapter 60: Changes & Hood
Chapter 61: The League's Growth!
Chapter 62: Planning For War!
Chapter 63: War!
Chapter 64: Blood & Conflict
Chapter 66: Lighting the sky!
Chapter 67: Battered
Chapter 68: Wounds of The Battle
Chapter 69: Conversations
Chapter 70: Past VS Present
Chapter 71: Press Conference! -END-
Author Notes & Ending Words

Chapter 65: Rematch of a Giant!

7.7K 245 52
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

As Izuku and his class set off from the second division battle location, they were traveling through the other dimension and were reliving their worst memories but the thing was that Izuku noticed each time he walked through this was that the worst memories started to affect him less and less. As they were moving through it he spoke up, "Interesting that as long as you will grow stronger the effects of the dimension travel becomes less. Does anyone else notice it?" Izuku asked and he only got chuckles from everyone and sounds of sighs from his classmates. "Really? Only you would disregard the mood of war to analyze a quirk out of nowhere." said one of his classmates and Izuku rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment as he said it wasn't that bad of him which only earned him looks of being done from some of his classmates.

Izuku just turned around and faced forward. "Fox (Yasune Amato), how far are we from Shigaraki's location?" Izuku asked his classmate who was operating the portal. "We are about 10 minutes away but there is an issue that might make us stop. You know the description you gave us of the giant dude you called Gigantomachia?" she said and Izuku said yes he remembered and asked her why. "Well, he's heading towards the direction of Shigaraki with the League of Villains on his back from what I can see in the far distance of my dimensional pathway. The main issue is the fact that he is laying waste to the Pro Hero's and the UA hero students which are in his path right now. There is also the issue of many cities between Gigantomachia and Shigaraki which means possibly hundreds of thousands of dead civilians if no one stops him." Fox said and everyone tensed at that. Izuku was silent and asked how close they were to Gigantomachia's location.

"We can be there in 3 minutes since it is far closer and I will expend less energy with a shorter exit portal location as I can speed us up a bit," Fox said and Izuku nodded his head. "The Pro Hero's at the hospital will need to hold on until we deal with Gigantomachia. How is the hospital team doing anyway?" Izuku asked and she told him what was going on. Endeavor, Eraserhead, Gran Torino, and many other Pro Heros were fighting Shigaraki currently. They were using Eraserhead to stop Shigaraki from using quirks but his body was enhanced which displayed physical strength that matched about 80% of Izuku's quirk strength which caused some alarms in all honesty. She did say that some UA students were also on the battlefield like Shouto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugo while other UA students were evacuating civilians out of what was left of the destroyed town. 

"They should last for a bit longer hopefully... anyway, we will go deal with Gigantomachia since if he joins up with Shigaraki it will be annoying. When I was at 65% I was able to deal little damage due to his body absorbing it. The weak points are the eyes and inside the mouth... though he should likely be worn down a bit if we can do constant damage and I should hopefully be able to do far more damage at 100% as I can push a bit past that as well." Izuku said and Fox warned them that they were getting ready to drop out. They would be appearing behind the giant about 100 feet away. 

They all nodded their heads and within a few more moments they dropped out of the dimensional travel portal and went on guard right away. They heard fighting applying directly to their left and saw Gigantomachia in the distance in front of them. Izuku told Snow (Mizuken Akinri), Static (Tatsugi Getan), and FOG (Inagai Masaken) to go deal with the fighting to their side since it sounded like the voice of Pro Hero Mightnight who was fighting as she might be helpful with dealing with Gigantomachia depending on her condition. They nodded their head while everyone else in the class followed Izuku towards Gigantomachia. As they came closer they saw Gigantomachia being hit by what appeared to be artillery shells. "Oh... that is an interesting way but I know for a fact that my 65% punches do more damage than an artillery shell so they would only annoy him," Izuku said as he watched a large number of heroes come in and start attacking the giant but he did an air blast and knock some out of the air.

Izuku's classmates asked what he wanted to do and Izuku thought about it and then remembered his first fight with Gigantomachia and how he claimed the eye. He remembered that Gigantomachia disregarded nearing everything to try and kill Izuku due to him being the 9th user of One For All. "I am going to call him over for a rematch. He will want to kill me since I am a large enemy to his masters All For One and Shigaraki. I need you all to deal with the League of Villains. Be careful of Dabi since I am convinced that he is the son of Endeavor, Toya Todoroki as he is very powerful and will do anything to bring his father down even if it means harming himself to the point of death." Izuku said as he remembered his research with Gran Torino into Toya Torodorki. The fact that Dabi had such a large attachment to Endeavor, the blue fire, and how based on reports he knew of Shouto Todorki in a way that seemed as if he met before pointed a damn good picture of his theory is right.

They all nodded their heads and headed off towards the League while moving to the left side a bit as Izuku moved a bit to the right since he would get the big man's attention and pull him away from the other heroes. Izuku inhaled a lot of air and used One For All to enhance his voice and then yelled. "OI! GIGANTOMACHIA WANT A REMATCH BIG GUY!?" Izuku yelled catching everyone's attention due to how loud his voice. Everyone that didn't know of Izuku thought he was crazy to challenge the giant but then they saw Gigantomachia freeze up and then quickly turn to the sound of the voice and the look they all saw on the giant's face confused them all. 

"YOU!" Gigantomachia screamed as he put his defenses up and extended his claws that no one knew he could do. The giant ignored everyone else as he went straight for the person that called for him and as everyone looked to see who it was they saw it was the Hero of Resilience: Halo! "COME ON BIG MAN! DON'T YOU WANT REVENGE FOR YOUR EYE!" Izuku taunted the giant as he went into the air and dodged one of the attacks. Everyone that heard it was stunned as they noticed the loss of one of the giant's eyes and now they knew it was Halo that had claimed it! They wondered how much power was in the young heroes' hands! Suddenly sounds of fighting happened on Gigantomachia's back as the heroes saw new arrivals knock the League of Villains off the giant's back and they all wondered who they were. 

"WE ARE RESILIENT! WE ARE RESILIENT!" The newcomers chanted as they fought the League of Villains. A few of the newcomers appeared in front of the UA students and one started to sing which confused them all but then all of the newcomers started to glow a bit which made them realize that the girl's quirk was some type of vocal enhancement most likely. They could see the visible difference in the attacks that the newcomers were putting off as the League was being forced away from the giant and the Giant was taking large blows that were causing shockwaves from Halo. 

Now back with Izuku himself who was fighting Gigantomachia! Izuku was landing 100% blows with the enhancement applied on as well and he could see the armor-like rock around Gigantomachia's body starting to crack every time Izuku landed a blow but it wasn't going fast enough! Izuku had an idea that one of the quirks Gigantomachia had most likely nullified the pain or something on the lines because only did the attack to the eye ever causes pain even the blows Izuku is doing now doesn't seem to be causing pain but there seemed to be a threshold though since the removal of the eye did pass it! Izuku decided to take Gigantomachia for a ride as he sent the black whips out of his body to go wild and they wrapped around the Giants body who struggled against them. 

Izuku then powered everything up to 100% and even linked One For All into the quirks themselves as he went straight up with float as he felt the black whips tighten and start to pull on Gigantomachia! "LET'S GO FOR A RIDE IN THE AIR BIG GUY!" Izuku said as he just kept going up and finally, he felt the resistance decrease as the Giant's body stopped touching the ground and moved into the air as Izuku climbed higher and higher before he changed directions and went straight downwards. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!" Izuku yelled down below in the even anyone was below him as he came flying towards the ground pulling the giant right behind him and let go as Gigantomachia went crashing into the ground causing a large pit to be created. 

However, Izuku knew that wasn't going to stop the Giant at all. Izuku was correct as a large blast of air went straight at him which he just tanked. "Not going to work big man!" Izuku called out as the dust cleared due to the air blast from Gigantomachia's pure lung strength. 'This man is truly All For One's bodyguard...' Izuku thought as he saw the Giant staring at him. Izuku noticed that the other classmates did arrive with Midnight who was not in any condition to help the fight. Izuku just ordered them to help finish the League members off since he was busy with the big man and they nodded their heads as Izuku dodged a swipe of Gigantomachia's clawed hand. 

'I wonder if I can break his fingers even if they are in claw form since I am running out of options...' Izuku thought as he analyzed the situation since he needed to get to the hospital sooner rather than later. "Sorry big man!" Izuku said as he dodged a swipe of the claw but used Black whips to grab a finger and just pulled towards the big man's body as Gigantomachia brought his hand downwards which resulted in extra force being applied to the move and a large crack sound happened. "BASTARD 9TH! BASTARD 9TH!" Gigantomachia yelled out as he pulled his hand away from Izuku. 'Well... he felt that... so breaking bones or removing an eye goes past the pain-blocking limit... interesting.' Izuku thought as he charged towards Gigantomachia who used his other hand to attack Izuku but in a closed fist this time to avoid the same mistake. Izuku knew the Giant was smarter than he spoke as he adapted quite well to battles.

Izuku just went right next to the giant's body and moved closer to the eye since Izuku was pressed for time. However, Izuku didn't go for the eye as he made Gigantomachia believe.... NO! Instead, Izuku sent all of his black whips from both arms and wrapped them right around Gigantomachia's neck and tightened them as tight as he could, and pulled backward which resulted in him choking the giant. "Sorry, Gigantomachia but I am pressed for time!" Izuku yelled out as the Giant went down to his knees. Even if Gigantomachia can harden all of his body it doesn't stop the need for air! Izuku also noticed that when the man hardens his muscles they didn't change the position of the muscles themselves and only the outside skin muscles got hard which means it doesn't stop the pressure against his own neck from Izuku choking him out.

Izuku was flying backward as he was slowly dragging Gigantomachia towards a small cliff. The reason he was doing this was to apply even more pressure against the giant's neck as Izuku wanted a lower position than Gigantomachia but didn't want to go on the giant's back since if he did that there was nothing stopping the man from just body slamming backward to kill Izuku. As this was going on, Izuku's classmates were finishing up with the League members who were exhausted from being taken on by Izuku's classmates. Mr. Compress was already knocked out while Toga was bloody from wounds which left the follower of Re-Destro and then Dabi with Spinner who were the main ones left being able to fight. "Dabi aka Toya Todoroki." GaleForce (Inasa) said which caught Dabi's attention and the other league members as well. Dabi tried to deny but his shock was too much of an admission.

"Dabi, please surrender because Endeavor won't be around much longer since we have our plans to bring him crumbling down. My General Halo looked into Endeavor and we found quite a lot of what he has done. The plague of these disgusting heroes like Endeavor will be removed from the system because Shiketsu High School is done letting Hero Schools like UA control the flow of the industry. No, we are resilient and we are here to make our voices heard from now on as these pathetic excuses of heroes like Endeavor needs to be cleaned out and a better example set which our class intends to do!" GaleForce said as he looked at Dabi with determination in his eyes. Dabi chuckled and looked at the Hero students in front of him from Shiketsu High School...

"Maybe... maybe if you had come a year or two earlier then you might have convinced me to stop and rely on you but I am too far gone now so defeat me!" Dabi said as he charged his fire up but he never noticed what Snow (Mizuken Akinri ) & Rock (Ikebi Mitsubei) had been doing the entire time. Rock used his liquid stone quirk and had controlled the earth around Dabi to create a box behind him which provided Snow a better chance at performing her move. She had been slowly freezing the ground under Dabi and the box behind him that he didn't notice. As such, the moment he charged his quirk up she breathed out a heavy amount of cold air that pushed against him that lowered his fire but that wasn't the goal. No, the cold air went against the wall behind him that had already been frozen cold and then bounced off back towards Dabi as it put his fire out fully and made him freeze up. 

At that moment, Shade (Fuka Mumara) who had the Shadow Eruption quirk grabbed Dabi with his shadow that he expanded out the moment Dabi's fire went out and slammed him down into the ground which knocked Dabi out since his body was already exhausted from all of the fightings. The other students from Shiketsu High School 2-A jumped at the moment and took Toga, Spinner, and the follower of Re-Destro out quickly since Dabi was their main firepower. Rock then manipulated the earth and solidified the earth around their feet and arms to ensure they couldn't escape even if they woke up. They then took the villains to the heroes that were by the UA students and told them to watch them as they had defeated them. Everyone was stunned to see the villains captured since they had caused too much trouble for everyone else. FatGum who was on-site nodded his head and they grabbed some quirk cuffs and Rock undid his quirk as they were put in the cuffs. 

They all then looked at their General who was still fighting Gigantomachia which they saw him choking the giant man out. "Think he needs help?" FOG asked and everyone shook their heads. "No, rest up since we have a bigger battle to get since Shigaraki woke up. We are going to need all the energy we can get for that fight since most of the heroes there have been wiped out. I am doubtful Endeavor will be alive by the time we even arrive." GaleForce said which got some looks from everyone on how they would know what was going on with the other battle since there has been no word from them so far. One of the students who was called Eijiro Kirshimia but went by Red Riot asked them what they knew about the situation at the hospital. Gale force turned to them and sighed. 

"What we know is that Shigaraki woke up which he then laid waste to nearly the entire city. It's why Gigantomachia here was heading there. The last we knew before stoping here was that Endeavor, Eraserhead, Gran Torino, and many other Pro Heros with a few UA students like SHouto Todoroki and Katuski Bakugo were fighting Shigaraki currently. They were using Eraserhead to stop Shigaraki from using quirks but his body was enhanced which displayed physical strength that matched about 80% of Halo's quirk enhanced strength." GaleForce said and the Pro Hero's paled a bit at that information. If Shigaraki had 80% of the strength of Halo who was taking on the giant by himself then what had happened to the other battlefield and are the heroes there even alive still! 

Suddenly they all heard a loud thud as they saw Gigantomachia's body go forward and hit the ground as he shrunk down. They then saw Halo send his whips out and grab a body and bring it to them which had them all on guard. "Get Gigantomachia in cuffs right away and keep him drugged up to stay asleep. It will be easier in the long run." Izuku said and the Pro Hero's nodded their heads as they knew Halo had been the commander of the second division until he left it to come here which really meant he had higher authority than them in the entire war so they weren't going to argue with him.

Izuku then asked if they had any water and a bit of food to eat really quickly which the UA students provided since Yaoyorozu just quickly made it for them. Izuku thanked them and then looked at his classmates. "Are you ready because we are about to enter the hardest battle since I can feel the power radiating off of Shigaraki from here?" Izuku said and that stumped the people that weren't from Izuku's school since they wondered how he felt someone so far away. Izuku's classmates only confirmed they were ready which Izuku nodded his head at. "Okay, remember the overall plan and we are?" Izuku said and they finished for him as they chanted out "RESILIENT!" they yelled as they all walked into the portal that Fox had opened up and felt the effects of the quirk. The UA students and Pro Heros that were standing there were downright confused about what just happened and where they went since they just walked into a portal!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

930 75 13
What if several tragic events meet in quick succession and drive the boy to the brink? A broken dream in early childhood Losing your best friend to r...
729K 30.9K 121
Midoriya Izuku is not your wimpy loser that every anime tries to portray. Instead, he is the most straight-forward, over-dramatic teen you will come...
86.1K 3.5K 26
Izuku Midoriya had enough from life, he was ignored by everyone even his family. One fateful night the boy was by a villain. The villain lead him to...
44.4K 2.3K 23
It was just a ridiculous event. No one knew what happened before it happened. Shigaraki, Overhaul, Aizawa as well as some hero in training met at a c...