My White Knight ✔️

By mikywaymidnight

What would you do when the happy bubble you lived in for the past 25 years gets popped? Do you wanna know wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank You 🖤
Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)
Bonus Chapter
Lies and Love (Next Book)

Chapter 8

1.4K 127 49
By mikywaymidnight

Andrew

"What are you doing here?" I asked Jameson who was at my door on a Saturday morning looking really mad and sad.

"Move and let me come in." He replied and came in before I could close my door I saw Amaya in the driveway.

"Jameson, You better come back to the car or I'm gonna kill you," Amaya screamed coming in.

"Are you gonna kill me with the same knife which is under your pillow?" He asked her with sarcasm dripping all over.

what's happening to them? Why are they fighting like this?

"What's wrong with you guys?" I asked them as soon on as they both came in.

"Your best friend thinks I will kill her one day and sleeps with a knife under her pillow." He said looking sad at Amaya's actions.

"I didn't say you will kill me, I saw a documentary on Netflix called American Neighbor, and in that the father kills his wife and kids to get into a relationship with his girlfriend. I was scared and Arjun gave me the idea to put a knife under the pillow just in case." She explained making Jameson furious.

I smiled on the inside because Amaya is the only person who can do things like that.

"Obviously Arjun Knows! Why do you think so low of me? You are my life Maya and I would never do that to you or the kids. I've been working harder for us. Don't you see it, I can't live without you." He exclaimed in pain and she just ran and hugged him.

"If you are done with your episode of rubbing your relationship in my face please leave," I told them and they just gave me a goofy smile.

"Don't be jealous, one day you will have a crazy lunatic for a wife. I hope she is not like this one here." Jameson said earning a hit from Amaya.

"Divya is not a lunatic and just so you know that's not the only knife I have in our room." She said and winked at him.

Did she say Divya is not a lunatic? Does that mean she is okay with me and Divya?

When Divya first came here Amaya was so cynical about my feelings toward her. She told me that she is too fragile for a relationship now. I respect Amy and she is my best friend, I understood her pain and never confessed to her in the past years.

Does Amaya think that there is Divya and Andrew now? Just the thought of that makes me happy.

"Did you hear what I said?" Amy asked me snapping her fingers in front of my eyes.

"I did. Do you think she will like me back?" I asked her in a desperate tone.

"I hope so, if she does you will be my brother-in-law. How exciting is that?." She jumped in excitement.

"Maya, stop taking everything to an extreme. Amy thinks that Divya is strong enough to stand up for herself and is forgetting her past. Just don't break her or your heart again." Jameson explained.

If Amy thinks Divya is strong enough, she definitely is.

"If it's anyone in the world I trust with Divya and Amar it's you, Andrew. Please help her forget her past and get her back to normal." Amy pleaded with me and I nodded yes.

There were two things in the world stopping me from confessing my feelings to Divya. One is losing my best friend Amy and the other one is losing Divya's confidence in me.

I am euphoric at Amy's trust in me. I can do this. I cheered myself.

"Let's go home before mom drops the kids off." He said and they walked to the door.

"I'm repaying you with a surprise today for what you did for me and Jameson. And put a shirt on for god sake." Amy said hugging me and left.

What did I do for them? Is she buying me a gift? I closed the door and went towards the kitchen to make some breakfast Smoothies.

That's when the doorbell rang again. What's with Amy and Jameson again?

"Did you forget something?" I asked them opening the door.

"Andy.." I heard Amar and looked down as I felt someone tapping on my legs.

"Hello, buddy!" I bent down to his level and We did our special handshake.

She is looking like an angel from heaven in this pink floral dress, her hair is down with her big doe eyes, her pink Lucious lips.

I like how her breath is hitched looking at my semi-naked body. She is checking me out, I was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and nothing else. Her looking at me like that gave me confidence.

"Divya! Are you okay?" I asked her placing my hand on her shoulder with a bubbling excitement that she is checking me out.

"uh..hmm! Yeah, I am okay. Can you put some clothes on?" She said clearing her throat and gulping.

"Give me a sec, and make yourself at home," I told her and ran upstairs to put a shirt on.

Finally, all the hard work from the gym paid off. These Abs I had indicated that the girl I am fawning over for almost 3 years might be slightly attracted to me. She is not like other girls, to smirk at her and make fun of her for checking me out, I have to take it slower than ever.

I put on my Yankees tee shirt and walked down and found Divya sitting on the couch fidgeting her fingers.

"So?" I questioned her with a puzzled look on my face.

I don't know why she is here. Divya never came to my house. Thank god the cleaning crew came by yesterday and cleaned it.

"Ammu said we were having breakfast here and now she ditched me because apparently Jameson and Amaya are fighting," Divya told me holding Amar who's trying to get out of her hold.

Is this Amy's surprise for me? She wanted me and Divya to spend some time together. I love Amy, that little best friend of mine who knows how to play cupid.

"They were fighting when they came by this morning. " I told a half lie.

I know you can't start a relationship on lies but hey, this is my only chance to woo her. So don't judge me.

"You have a nice house, Do you live alone?" She asked me looking around.

"Thank you! I do live alone. I am making some breakfast why don't you look around? "

"It's fine, let me help you with breakfast." She said tying her hair into a bun and showing her tender nape.

"Amar, watch Peppa pig while Mama makes breakfast with Andrew. Okay?" Divya told and placed him on the counter handing him an iPad.

"Mama, Masha, and the Bear Please." The little man asked with a pout I would never dream to refuse.

"So, what are we making?" Divya asked me raising her eyebrows.

"I can't make anything Indian, What about a breakfast burrito?" I asked her back looking at her face devouring each minute of it. I don't when I will get the chance to spend time with her again.

"I don't have an appetite for Mexican, how about us making some Chocolate chip waffles instead." She said shuffling through the kitchen for ingredients.

"Divya, You sit down and just watch me work my magic," I told her and helped her to the chair near the counter.

"Do you know how to cook?" She asked me and I nodded sheepishly.

I never made anything other than a protein shake for breakfast, how hard can cooking be right? I don't have a maid to cook because I eat out or at Amy's.

I do have some frozen burritos but she doesn't want them, I got the waffle mix and added the ingredients just like the box said. I feel like I'm on a cooking show with Divya and Amar as my guests. My unknown cooking skills are the only way to impress her. I've gotta try hard.

Water, Egg, Oil, and the powder in. Mix it till you fix it. I heard a melodic laugh and looked up from the mixing bowl.

"Are you laughing at me?" I asked her with a sad tone. I wanted to impress her with my cooking skills not be made fun of.

"Uh..hm...I'm sorry. But look you made a mess, and where are the chocolate chips? Tell me the truth you don't know how to cook right?" She questioned me trying to hold her laughter.

I looked at the mess I made, there is flour all over the countertop, my shirt, and shorts. Yeah! Great going buddy. This is how you impress her, looking like a clown.

"Fine! I don't know how to cook."

She walked towards me and gave me a towel to clean myself and started to mix without spilling a crumb.

"We are friends but I don't know anything about you. So tell me about you while I make these." She asked me with a smile and I gave her an Apron.

"What do you wanna know?"

"Everything! I felt like a selfish friend the other day. I didn't even know you had a sister." She said reminding me about the day Hannah came in.

I don't know what Madeleine told Divya but she hugged me and cried in my arms that day. And now she wants to know more about me.

"Umm.. okay. I was born and brought up in Manhattan, New York. My dad Patrick Jones is a businessman he does Imports, Exports, and many other things. My mother Moira Jones was an actress. My mom was my best friend, she never ignored me or made me feel left out of her busy career. She died of  Endometrial Cancer when I was 15. That's when my life went down the drain, I was into things you would never imagine. I am not a saint Divya. I'm not sure you would  like me to be my friend if you know my past."

My past is hard for me to relive, I can't give her the fake assurances that I don't have any baggage. It's hard to talk about my mom with people other than Jameson. And opening up to Divya feels like opening my past wounds. I'm not strong enough to go through them again.

"Listen to me, Andrew! I don't care how bad you were, how your life was. I am not a perfect person either. Some bad years can't and won't define you. I know I never say it out loud if Amaya is my rock, you're my freaking wall. You are the reason behind the person I am today. I will never judge you, I promise to be on your side like you are always by mine." She said coming closer and hugging me.

Suddenly I felt someone kiss my cheek and it was Amar.

"Why are you crying, Andy? Did Mama yell at you? ACES no cry." He said brushing the tears I never knew I had.

They say actions speak louder than words and today I felt it. That little man's action at my sad face made me feel ecstatic. I love him, I love him more than anything in this world. I pulled him into my hands and hugged him along with Divya. Don't we look like a family? I would love to be Amar's father. I would give anything to make us stop at this moment.

"My son is a cult member! Amar stop saying ACES. I have to keep him away from you and Amaya." She exclaimed and glared at him still in my hug.

He quickly bent down to her and kissed her. He sure knows how to flatter his mom, unlike me.

The waffle maker beeped and she went back to it. I miss her being close to me.

"I love you, little man!" I said looking at him.

"I love you more Andy," Amar said opening his arms wide and hugging me again.

"What about me?" Divya asked looking at us taking the waffle out.

Amar and I looked at each other with an evil smile and I said

"We like you, but you are mean sometimes."

She came to hit us with the tong she was holding making us run from the kitchen. Amar and I played around in my Gym room for a while, until Divya called us out.

She placed all the food in the breakfast nook, wow those waffles look delicious, she even added fruits, Nutella and so many toppings to them.

"I am not giving you food. Mean people like me won't feed you." She said pouring some maple syrup on her waffles luring us in.

"I'm sorry Mama, I love you. You are not mean. Andy say I love you to my Mama." Amar demanded me with his eyes on the food.

I wanted to woo her not say I love you, not like this.

"I...I love you Divya. Now can we have some food?" I told her with hesitation while she smiled at me.

"That's better!" She smirked at us and served our plates.

Amar went back to his IPad while Divya's feeding him. It's completely silent and looks like everyone is enjoying the food.

"What's your favorite food?" She asked me breaking the silence.

"I love Italian," I replied.

"Let me continue our previous session, My father remarried after a year and then I went to Harvard where I met Jameson. Jameson, Shaurya, and Ana pulled me up from rock bottom. And then you know the company, Amy, and all the other things." I told her my life story leaving out the uncomfortable and sad part.

"What about you? How were you like before marriage? " I asked her to know how her life was.

This is how you make friends right? Knowing about each other.

"My life before marriage was not that exciting, I was a miss goody two shoes doing everything my parents asked me to. Ours was a big family, with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Everyone used to gather at our house for every holiday. My house was never quiet. But with everyone at our house, my mom had to work harder, and do all the chores for everyone. I love my mom, she was my support system and I was hers. But my father and I never had a great bonding, I never understood him and my grandma. I wish Amar met everyone, I don't want him to be alone without anyone." She said with a sad look on her face.

I don't understand how Indian families work, but looks like she had fun before that idiot came in. Why would she accept to marry that kind of a person, And what was all her big family doing instead of helping her? I met Divya's mom at Amaya's grandparents' funeral, she seemed nice. I will get her number from Amaya and reunite them someday.

"Amar will never be alone Divya, he might not have his blood family but he has people who will always stand by him no matter what," I assured her pushing the plate away after eating my food.

"I know you and that stupid ACES cult will never leave him alone. I'm glad that we have you in our life." She said eating her food with a happy smile.

"Me too" I barely whispered.

I will protect Divya and Amar with my life, I will never make her lose this confidence in me. I will make her fall for me, I will show her that all guys are not like Jay, and I will be her sweet ending. I will be the person cheering for her as she takes on life and its challenges.

Get ready for your new life Divya, I'm not backing down from you anymore.

I'm sorry for the small update, I have exams coming up next week and my sister's wedding next month. So I won't be updating anytime soon, I promise to give regular updates once I'm back. Here is my last update for this month before I get really busy with my stupid finals.

Wish me, luck people.

Wanna know some amazing news?

Fighting For Him reached 5k views today. OMG! I'm freaking out.

With the rapid increase in Corona, I request everyone to stay safe, wash hands frequently, and sanitize their surroundings.

Till Then! Sayonara.

Love,

Sneha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811K 30.8K 89
Story is not proofread and I am slowly editing the chapters..Please ignore all errors. It's a story of a girl whose life changed in a second because...
2.7M 121K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
76.8K 9.7K 52
A girl... who got pregnant at 24... Left alone in this cruel world by her people... her mistake was to fall in love with a man who was already marrie...
2.6K 261 18
so jk is cold type mafia ( not actually ice 🙄) and y/n is a single mother..... Credit goes to --- @bunnykookie07 i add some lines and songs . sh...