Playing the Game (DNF)

By oogabooga48

In which, An innocent game between friends spirals down a path they can't get out of. "But now that it is ac... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

1

5.3K 108 55
By oogabooga48

"Okay Quackity, what is your problem?" Karl calls out. The group waits in anticipation. Dream reaches over to close his blinds as the setting afternoon sun blares into his eyes. His room glows a golden hue and warmth radiates around him. The thought of his favorite months approaching brings a smile to his face. His smile grows bigger when he hears the all too familiar and goofy chuckle of George.

Dream had been streaming Jackbox with his friends for hours. They were growing tired but forced themselves to finish the round of "patently stupid." The urge to create the most outrageously funny presentation eats away at them. Quackity knows he has it in the bag.

"Alright, so my problem was," Quackity takes a breath to hold back his laughter. "Dream and George won't stop flirting." A collective gasp and laughter rang through Dream's headphones.

"What?!" Dream yells out. Quackity clicks his mouse to reveal his drawing.

"And my solution is called," he pauses for dramatic effect, still stifling back laughter. "The room. And the tag line is... get a room already." His voice melts into a roar of uncontrollable laughter.

"What is wrong with you!" George bellows in his thick British accent, trying to hide his obvious embarrassment. Lots of clamor comes from everyone else. Dream bites his tongue to try and hold back, but the urge is too strong.

"Don't worry Quackity, we will have a room in about a week," Dream knows what he is doing. He sees how much everyone was reacting and wanted to mess with them. He loves the feeling of inviting chaos.

"You better not make me survive a whole month of you guys flirting!" Sapnap screams.

"Well you won't have to if they get their own room," Karl points out while shrugging.

"That is true," Sapnap giggles. Satisfaction runs over Dream.

The group moves on to the next person. But Dream found himself hung up on Quackity's presentation. He can't bring his mind back to reality. Resting his chin on the palm of his hand, he glances over to his second monitor. It displays George's stream, which he has pinned. The corners of his mouth twitch trying to hold back the smile he got whenever he saw him. George is rubbing the bottom of his face in a rhythmic motion. Through his fingers however, you can clearly see a smile and a rose tinge on his cheeks. Was he... blushing?

Dream shakes his head of the thoughts creeping in. Control yourself. He looks away, closing the pinned tab. His mind focuses back on the game. The laughter of his friends slowly bring him back into real life.

~~~

"Alright thank you all for joining us today, I appreciate all of you. Have a good night, morning, or afternoon! Bye!" Dream sighs as he ends his stream. He peers out of his window through the cracks in the blinds. The sky is clear and illuminated only by the crescent moon. The long night took a toll on him. He longed for a warm shower. But he forces himself to wait. He has other plans.

Leaning back in his chair, he opens up discord and clicks on the profile of the person he needs to talk to. After a few moments of waiting, the line picks up.

"Dream?" The British man says in a sleepy voice.

"Hey, I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"No, you're not. I'm just tired," he giggles slightly. Dream leans back towards his desk, closer to his mic.

"You have everything set to go for next week right?"

"Yep, I've already started packing. I just need to get a few more things."

"We can always get stuff while you're out here if that makes it easier." Dream tries to hide his excitement. George, Sapnap, and Karl would be heading out to visit for a whole month. They have been planning it for several months and they finally finalized everything.

"Okay, I might do that," George pauses for a moment. "Wait so, who's getting there when?"

"Sapnap is gonna arrive a day before you, then we'll go pick you up the next morning. Karl will be coming on Tuesday afternoon, so about three days after you arrive. He couldn't get out earlier due to flight availability."

"And you're sure there is enough room?" Dream rolls his eyes.

"George, we've been over this. We will all have our own rooms until Karl arrives. There is a guest room with two twin beds and another room/office that has a pullout sofa. I also have my room," Dream feels a sly smile creep onto his lips before continuing. "Which in theory has space for someone else if they wanted to share." He hears a sigh come from George.

"Shut up Dream."

"Oh come on you know I was joking, maybe."

"Yeah?" George responds in a teasing manner. Dream can almost sense his face in this moment. Slightly raised eyebrows, a smiling smirk, and that rosy look he gets whenever he teases back.

His own cheeks start to heat up and a deep feeling punches at his ribcage. Dream uncontrollably smiles, fighting the urge to bite at his lip. Woah, why am I doing that. He suddenly sits upright. His mind races with thoughts. This isn't like him. He normally doesn't react in this way. God, what is going on with me today.

"Dream?" He snaps back when he hears his name being called out.

"Huh what?"

"I asked you a question."

"Oh sorry, can you repeat it?" Dream cringes at himself. He let his thoughts, about George, interrupt real life.

"I said 'it's gonna be weird to see your face, are you sure you are alright with that?'" George recites. Dream crinkles his brow.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you know, I've never seen it before. Are you okay with me seeing it? Like I wouldn't want to intrude."

"Of course I'm fine with it, why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know honestly," George decides to tell the truth. "I'm not sure if I'll be able to talk for a solid minute after seeing it, I'll be so blown away."

"Is that so? Well maybe we should get the excitement out before we meet up," Dream hints at George. His eyebrow raises as he waits for a response. He is nervous to show his face, after all, he would be revealing it to two more people. But it would be better to not have it be awkward when they meet up.

"What?" A confused voice inquires. It isn't exactly the response Dream was hoping for.

"I don't know," Dream mumbles out with a sigh. He starts to second guess his decision to ever hide his face.

"Alright, well I'm getting tired. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright goodnight."

A deep chime came from his headset as George left the call.

Author's note: hi y'all! I hope you are doing well and enjoying life! I'm not sure how this writing is gonna go. I have written out a timeline with my ideas and planned it all out, but I'm not sure if it is gonna work out when I actually write it. I'm also not used to writing in third person so it might be weird at first. Hopefully it isn't too bad lol. Anyways, enjoy the rest of your day!

Question: slow burn or something more fast?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 852 33
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, when Ava's best friend comes back to town and Ava starts to fall for her best friends brother. George smiled, "So, what are you sayi...
180K 6.1K 23
George is an openly gay high school student who gets bullied by the football team. But he later had to tutor one of the players, Dream. George and Dr...
513 52 15
"I'm so used to having everything under control, but this time it's uncontrollable. It's taken over my life; I spend endless nights lying awake, hopi...
25.4K 924 23
George is a Minecraft streamer. He plays with a few of his friends and doesn't have too big of a following. His average viewers per stream is 10k. Af...