Sienna and The Heart Of Aislei

By CheshireVibes

A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and m... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Troublemaker
Chapter 2: Rules
Chapter 3: Before the Storm
Chapter 4: A Dragon's Heart
Chapter 5: The Prisoner
Chapter 6: The Princess
Chapter 7: Treason, War, and Dominoes
Chapter 8: Left
Chapter 9: The Maruvian
Chapter 10: Conspiracy
Chapter 11: The Royal Inventor
Chapter 12: Traditional
Chapter 13: Jousting
Chapter 14: Beneath the Maidenhair Tree
Chapter 15: The Ball
Chapter 16: Revelations
Chapter 17: A Plea for Help
Chapter 18: The Gnome
Chapter 19: Blackvine Forest
Chapter 20: The Hidden Cave
Chapter 21: The Clan Beneath the Bridge
Chapter 22: The Ogres Revenge
Chapter 23: Damsel in Distress
Chapter 24: Escape
Chapter 25: Memories
Chapter 26: Mouse
Chapter 27: Maru's Youngest Inventor
Chapter 28: Betrayal
Chapter 29: Aislei's Heart
Chapter 30: The Duchess's Manor
Chapter 32: Return
Epilogue

Chapter 31: The Missing Princess

23 6 22
By CheshireVibes

Okay so I've really been struggling to wrap this story up. I keep thinking and rethinking and now I am thinking I should just write. So I apologize if this seems rushed or just not up to par with my previous work. I'm just gonna write up an ending, get some feedback and edit what I need to later.

Sound good?

Okay. Here we go.

Spots danced in my vision and my stomach churned from the magic. Zeph had teleported us somewhere on the grounds outside.

"The nerve of that human! Swatting at me as if I were some rat!" Zeph huffed.

I squeezed my eyes shut against the bright daylight and groaned. "Where are we?"

"Oh. We are close to where that Duchess is. I had spied her coming out. She and her entourage looked like they were preparing to play some kind of game."

I walked over to where Zeph pointed and peered up over some bushes. Over yonder, the duchess and some other fancy folks were beginning a game of croquet. Most were wearing full face masks. Luckily, the duchess held hers in her hand. "Perfect. Zeph, Tallis said he was heading toward the kitchens."

"Of course he was."

"Go find him and bring him here please. And thank you. I don't see a reason I can't just approach Lady Marthaway now."

The gnome halted me. "Have you looked in a mirror, Princess? I can think of a couple of reasons."

Ignoring his rather rude comment, I hurriedly made my way across the playing field. Before I made it all the way to her, the steward stopped me. "Girl, have you taken leave of your senses? You are infringing upon her Ladyship's entertainment!"

"I am a princess of Alderias," I said going for a Ruby tone. "And I demand an audience with your Lady."

"Oh. I see. What a gimmick! But if you were going to commit to a role, darlin', you should've chosen a different costume." He sighed and rolled his eyes in a very flamboyant manner unbecoming of a steward. In fact, his curling mustache and heart-shaped fake beauty mark were entirely inappropriate for his station. He offered his elbow and I instinctively took it. "I suppose you are pretty enough even with that crap on your face. Come."

He steered me not to the Duchess's circle but to a group of men in masks: a pig, a wolf, and a tiger. I whispered to him in haste, "I need to speak with the duchess!"

"You will do what you're being paid to do. You're late! In your profession, it is not a good thing in any event. You should be thankful I did not turn you away. If you have any concerns about your payment or terms of contract, I am her liaison and shall speak on her behalf, darlin'."

"But--"

"Good day to you worthy gentlemen. May I present for your viewing pleasures, a rare commodity indeed, one of the famous beauties of our fair kingdom, a princess of Alderias!" He gently pushed me forward and into the leering eyes behind the masks.

The man with the tiger mask remarked, "What sort of princess would dress as a servant? Surely not one of our own."

"I had to in order to not cause attention to myself. I snuck in here actually," I answered, taking off my wig causing my long, tangled hair to fall in undisciplined tresses. I cleared my throat. The man in the mask had spoken with an aristocratic air and formal language suggesting I was in a company of gentlemen. Perhaps I can ask them for help. "I apologize for my state of dress..."

Though they are the ones in ridiculous masks.

"Ooooo, we have a princess in disguise! What a treat," the man in the wolf mask said amused and the other two chuckled with him. I did not see what was funny about anything I said. "Say, which princess are you? Are we supposed to guess?"

"I--"

"Yes. Let us guess," Tiger Mask exclaimed. "She has brown hair... that rules out the blonde twins. Perhaps she is one of the elder set of twins? Princess Carmine or Cerise?"

"I've caught a glimpse of Princess Carmine at court and have heard the whispers. It would be delightful for her to make an unexpected appearance before me at any time. If this is an impression of her, it isn't a good one. This one isn't nearly as developed as her," Wolf Mask laughed making an obscene gesture about his chest.

"Yes. Princess Carmine also has dark eyes. This one has green. Are you by chance Princess Rose, Your Majesty?" Pig Mask inquired. Though the title was appropriate, the way he said it was not. "What is the prize if I guess correctly, hm?"

"No, I'm--"

"Perhaps she is the princess who was kidnapped?" Tiger Mask exclaimed like a child. "The one who had just came of age?"

"Y--"

"Perhaps we need a closer look?" Wolf Mask took a brazen step forward and I took a step back only to hit the chest of the Pig Mask who had maneuvered around.

"Is she acting coy or shy? I can't tell," Tiger Mask said.

"Either way, I am ready for some royal treatment. What say you, Highness?" Pig Mask's hands suddenly grabbed onto my hips and I spun around and slapped the mask off his face. The belligerent man with snow white hair yelled, his voice going up an octave, "How dare you strike me? Do you have any idea who I am, you filthy whore!"

"Whore? How dare you!"

"I appreciate your commitment to your ambiguous character but don't go acting high and mighty, woman!" Tiger Mask reprimanded.

"Somebody ought to teach the girl some respect," Wolf Mask said with a glint to his eye like he would be happy to.

What mess am I in now? I stood shaking not sure whether to run or stand my ground. The situation was unimaginable!

"What is the meaning of this?" The duchess made her way over. "You know the rules. Such deplorable language will not be tolerated here, my Lords. Please take any quarrels off my lawn."

"My Gracious Lady," the elderly unmasked man started, "you should take care who you hire in your employment. This little heathen has stepped out of line."

The lady turned with a sneer set on her lips. She did a double take and her cool exterior instantly slipped. "Y-your Majesty!"

Suddenly, Zeph and Tallis blinked between us. Zeph had his crossbow aimed making everyone jump back and Tallis grabbed me by the shoulders.

"What happened?" He demanded looking into my eyes.

"Who shall I kill, Princess?" Zeph said.

A split second passed and Tallis's mood shifted into red hot anger. He swung around to the Pig Mask who was complaining to the duchess. "What is the name of all the Divines is going on here? I do not appreciate this little show, Duchess. I was promised anonymity and this chit slaps off my mask. Punish her!"

"Shut your mouth, you fool, and put your mask back on. Everyone, I must ask that we end our festivities prematurely. Please take your leave." When her guests did not seem to understand the gravity of the situation, she shouted, "Guards! Escort my guests out this instant." Once they were gone, she turned to me. "Princess, how happy I am to see--"

"You should be on your knees bowing right now," I said with disgust.

"Is that really necessary, Your Highness?"

"Yes. It is," Tallis said.

The highly esteemed noblewoman awkwardly lowered herself to the ground, the task made harder by the fullness of her skirt. When servants rushed forward to help her, Zeph pointed his crossbow at them.

Feeling powerful, I looked around and saw the steward who was trying to disappear behind a large plant. "You. What is your name?"

He cleared his throat and stepped out acting as if he was not just trying to make an escape. "Sir George Hazelton, Your Highness."

"He is lying," Zeph said.

"D-did I--? Oh! I thought you asked for my cousin's name. No, forgive me, Your Majesty. My name is Sir Bernard Ackeridge. And I did not mean to mistake you for--"

"Sir Ackeridge!"

"Yes, Princess?"

"Prepare baths, food and clothes for me and my companions. Then ready the Duchess's most comfortable carriage, your finest horses and a guard escort to take us to Highveine."

A cover of Halo. Found this on YouTube the other day and thought it fit nicely with Tallis and Sienna <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
1M 51.5K 73
‟Tonight shall be the first and last night that we spend together, Gianita, for I do not intend to produce heirs by this marriage. The Prince would s...
1.1M 31.1K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
40.2K 5.5K 72
When Lyn falls for a girl who is out of the world, she did not expect her to literally not be from this world. *** Lyn Bronte is a talented lightning...