Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

Av aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... Mer

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 8 Part 5

299 10 5
Av aLogan11

(Your POV)

You groaned, feeling the side of your head on the ground. You tried to move your legs, but found it that you could not. You looked at yourself, realizing that you now wore a simple shirt and pants, the broken armor gone.

The memories of the past few days rushed back, and you remembered everything that happened to you, and tried to push off with your hands, when you felt a gentle hand on your shoulder, keeping you still.

Oscar: Stay down.

You let yourself come back down to the ground, when you looked around the room. A circular room, and the rood was red, with, what seemed to be teeth, around the room, in front of the red-colored walls.

(Y/N): Wait...

You turned your head to see the green of Oscar's jacket.

(Y/N): Shit... What happened to you?

Oscar: I uh, well... How much do you know?

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Oscar: How did you get here? When? I heard Salem talking about you, but I don't know when you got here, and how much you know.

(Y/N): Oh. Well Ironwood offered for me to work with him, since I told him everything, guess I agreed with you, huh? When Team RWBY was placed under arrest, I tried to leave and find you, because I heard that N...

You sucked in a breath as you felt the needle puncture your skin once again.

Oscar: Oh, sorry.

(Y/N): Nah, it's all good. Umm... So I tried to get to you, but only could find Jaune and the others, and they told me Neo got the relic, and they had you. I went after her, and after I defeated her I was attacked by this Grimm. I was taken to Salem, and now I'm here.

Oscar: Well I tried to convince Ironwood that this wasn't right. He, uh... Well he shot me, and I fell through Atlas to Mantle. We split into...

(Y/N): Ironwood shot you?

Oscar: Uh, yeah...

You nodded from your spot, tensing your back as you felt the needle.

(Y/N): I guess he's lost it. Sorry, go on.

Oscar: So we split into two groups. Ruby, Weiss, Black, Nora, and Penny went to try and get Amity Tower up to warn the world, and Yang, Ren, Jaune, and I went to try and help the people of Mantle. We were fighting when this Grimm came and attacked me, maybe the same one that got you. I was taken to Salem, and yeah...

(Y/N): Shit, sorry. I guess we're in the same boat. Are you fine?

Oscar: Uh, yeah, I'm alright.

You turned to look at Oscar, and saw his black eye, the cut on his face, and the scorch marks on the front of his clothing.

(Y/N): Liar, what happened?

Oscar: Salem used her magic, and Hazel is getting revenge for his sister. They want to get... the name for the lamp. 

(Y/N): Good to kn... Wait how are you helping my back? How do you know how to?

Oscar: Well, uh, I learned some things on the fa... Um... Oz is back.

You were surprised, amused, and glad all at the same time.

(Y/N): That's good news.

Oscar: It is?

(Y/N): Yeah, I was the only one who defended Oz when he left. I don't know if you knew that or not, but I was annoyed, angry at them for being so aggressive. I understood that Oz was trying to help. Maybe that was because I knew Edel, and he was similar, I don't know.

Oscar: Oh. Well he's back, and helping, or at least trying to. I don't know how the materials got here, but yeah.

You thought that you had a glimmer of an idea of who it may be, but filed that away for later.

Oscar: Alright, I think I'm done.

He helped you sit up, and you used your arms to prop yourself up, as you looked around the room more, and then back to Oscar.

(Y/N): Sorry, wish I could help you.

Oscar: It's fine. I assume you can't walk.

You tried to move your legs, and when you found that you couldn't, and grew more angry about the entire situation.

(Y/N): We need to make a plan, can Oz hear me?

Oscar: Yeah.

(Y/N): Alright, s...

Suddenly the membrane doors opened, and you looked to see the person in the doorway, groaning as you looked to Oscar.

(Y/N): It's been fun seeing you.

You were lurched backwards as Hazel grabbed you, before throwing your body behind his back, and closer to the Hound, who growled, looking down at you.

(Y/N): Oh, yay...

(3rd Person POV)

Pietro was putting the finishing touches on part of the Amity Communications Tower when he received communication from Penny.

Penny: Dad?

Pietro: Penny?

Penny was sitting in front of a bomb inside the Schnee Dust mine.

Penny: This does not seem like a very good idea.

She looked down at the bomb, and her sensors told her that it was a danger.

Pietro: There is a difference between a good idea and our best idea. Sadly, we don't have time for much else.

Penny touched the bomb's interface, arming it. Meanwhile, Pietro rode the elevating center floor of the Amity Colosseum downward.

Pietro: We have enough systems up and running to broadcast our message and keep Amity in atmospheric orbit. But our thrusters just aren't capable of reaching our target altitude on their own.

On the lowest level of the colosseum's arena, Maria was piloting a mech and using it to carry a large machine.

Maria: Ha, fortunately, we're sitting on a couple hundred tons of thrust.

Maria walked the mech to the center of the platform and put the machine down.

Pietro: Once we passed into broadcast range, we'll activate stabilizers, re-establish global communications, and boost the message we've recorded out into the rest of the world. After that, we just have to pilot Amity away from all this mess.

Penny armed another bomb in the mines and flew up to a tunnel where yet another bomb was sitting.

Penny: But what if no one is able to come and help Atlas? If I stay behind, I could maybe--

Pietro: Penny, we are not having this conversation again. I'm your father and I'm telling you that you belong on Amity.

Pietro and Maria were riding the platform back up.

Penny: Yes, sir.

Maria: Don't you think Penny has had enough people telling her what to do?

Pietro: Prepare for launch, please. I'm moving us into position.

Penny flew out of the Dust mine and up to Amity Tower. Once she arrived, she sat on the edge of the platform, while Pietro worked on a computer projected by the machine that Maria placed.

Pietro: All systems are ready. Penny?

Penny looked at him and then got up and walked over.

Pietro: Amity is requesting launch access... now.

Penny looked at the screen, which said "Connecting..." She looked down, waiting. Pietro and Maria looked at Penny, and after a few moments, her eyes glowed slightly. The tower's stabilizers activated, glowing purple, and Pietro and Maria celebrated.

Pietro: Oh yes, it worked!

Penny smiled, but then lowered her head. Pietro placed his hand on her arm to comfort her, and she looked at him and smiled. He then began typing on the computer again.

Pietro: Oh, I didn't have time to install seat belts, so I'd advise you to hang on.

Pietro tapped a button on his walking chair, and parts of the chair's legs began glowing purple. Maria laughed and walked away. The bombs in the Dust mine began counting down from thirty seconds, and Penny began helping Maria get back inside the mech. 

The two were soon distracted by a loud thud, followed by a fireball flying up through the air. Penny flew over to the edge of the platform and looked down to see a huge hole where the fireball melted through from outside the colosseum. An airship levitated up from the smoke, and atop the airship stood Cinder Fall with flames coming from her hands.

Cinder: And where do you think you're going?

Penny looked back at Pietro, who looked scared.

Pietro: Penny, no!

Against her father's wishes, Penny flew down and floated above the arena to face Cinder, drawing Floating Array. Cinder hopped down from the airship with a grin, while Emerald and Neo exited the airship. 

The countdown on the bombs reached zero, and the bombs exploded, setting off a chain reaction of Dust eruptions. As the colorful explosions intensified, four jets on Amity Tower activated. The combined force caused the tower to begin flying into the air, which slammed Penny into the floor. Cinder dropped to one knee and steadied herself with her hands.

In Atlas Academy, Ironwood, Vine, Marrow, Elm and Harriet were gathered around the table in Ironwood's office. A hologram screen was showing a map of Solitas, on which the locations of the Kingdom of Atlas, Amity Tower, and Monstra were marked. 

A new screen appeared, displaying the words "Sensory Alert", while an alarm played. Yet another screen appeared, showing footage of Amity Tower beginning its take-off.

Ironwood: It's time.

He walked away.

In Amity Tower, Emerald had been forced to the floor by the tower's ascent. She looked at Cinder, who was focused on Penny.

Cinder: I was hoping your friends would be here. But it looks like they left you to do all the work.

Cinder began spawning dozens of glowing hot glass swords on the floor around herself.

Cinder: You're just a tool to be used!

Penny: You do not know what you are talking about.

The tower finished ascending, and its jets turned off. Cinder grinned and thrusted her hands forward, making the glass swords launch themselves at Penny. Quickly, Penny used the jets in her feet to get up and move backward, then arranged her swords in a circle in front of her and spun them to deflect and shatter the glass swords. 

One of the glass swords managed to make it through, stabbing into the wall next to Penny's head and causing her to gasp. She became worried but continued spinning her swords. Piloting the mech, Maria hopped in between Cinder and Penny, using the mech's arms to block the remaining glass swords. The mech stood tall and began walking toward Cinder.

Maria: Get away from her, you bi--

Cinder's airship suddenly slammed into Maria's mech, knocking it away.

Cinder and Penny looked at each other and then began flying toward each other. However, Penny dodged Cinder and continued past Maria, who was wrestling with the airship. Cinder chased Penny out of the arena, and Emerald turned her attention to the battle between Maria in the mech and Neo in the ship.

Maria: Stupid, clunky machine!

Maria managed to slam the airship down onto the floor, and Neo reversed the ship until it broke free from the mech's grip and floated away. Maria looked around, only to find the airship seemed to have disappeared. 

She then noticed Emerald using her semblance on her to hide the ship from her vision. The ship once again slammed into the mech and kept going until the mech was slammed into a wall. Neo parked the airship and got out.

Maria opened the cockpit of the now damaged mech and began climbing out, only to see Neo standing in front of her. In the distance, Emerald called out to Neo.

Emerald: Let's go!

Emerald hurried out of the arena, but Neo only spared her a glance before looking back down at Maria.

Maria: And what do you want?

Neo leaned down to Maria and used her semblance to make herself look identical to Ruby. She then grabbed Maria and tossed her out of the mech. Maria rolled and got to her feet, sliding to a stop with a confident grin. 

On the platform above, Pietro watched as Maria began dodging Neo's attacks. He hurried back to the computer to check on the tower's status.

Pietro: Please, please, please!

The screen displayed an image of Amity Tower above a green dotted line labeled "Broadcast Range". The top of the screen said "Broadcast Signal Range Achieved".

Pietro: Yes!

However, as the tower's stabilizers activated, the text on the screen changed to "Warning! Stabilizer Fail", with a diagram and multiple windows appearing. The screen then changed again to display Amity Tower dipping below the now yellow dotted line. The top of the screen said "Broadcast Signal Lost In -" with a countdown timer for three minutes. 

The hole that Cinder burned into the colosseum was directly next to one of the stabilizers, causing it to malfunction and struggle to remain active.

Pietro: We're... drifting?

Pietro began typing on the computer.

Penny flew around the outside of the colosseum. Cinder sent flame arcs at her, and Penny fired lasers in response. Cinder tried to slash at her with swords, but Penny blocked and flew up above the colosseum. 

There, Cinder sent more flame arcs at Penny, one of which made contact. Penny used one of her swords and its wire to swing herself around the roof of the colosseum. Cinder combined her swords into a bow, firing a few glass arrows. The arrows missed Penny, but they sunk into the colosseum's roof and exploded.

Concerned about the tower, Penny flew away. At first, Cinder gave chase, throwing fireballs and becoming frustrated when Penny continuously dodged them. 

However, she soon got an idea and stopped in her tracks. Noticing this, Penny looked back at her, using her eyes' zoom function to see what she was doing. Cinder smirked at her over her shoulder and then flew back to Amity Tower, and Penny flew after her.

Inside the arena, Neo repeatedly swung her parasol at Maria, who laughed and blocked every attack with her cane. Neo hooked her parasol's handle on the cane and used it to throw Maria. Much to Neo's surprise, Maria changed her cane into its sickle form, hooked it on the parasol's handle, and pulled herself forward to land a kick on Neo's head. 

Maria then hopped off of Neo's head, and Neo began to fall over but caught herself. Neo charged Maria and leapt at her, but Maria blocked the parasol with the top of her sickle and then folded the sickle's blade down to ram the head of it into Neo's face. She then unfolded the sickle to hook it onto the parasol and pulled, knocking Neo down.

Cinder began shooting flames at the metal beams supporting the communications platform, successfully melting three of them before she heard Penny calling out.

Penny: No!

Cinder smiled when she saw Penny flying toward her, dodged when Penny fired a laser at her, and sent a fireball in return. The two hovered above the platform.

Penny: Why are you doing this? Why serve someone like Salem?

Cinder: I don't serve anyone. And you wouldn't either, if you weren't built that way.

Penny: That is not...

She glanced at Pietro.

Penny: I choose to fight for people who care about me.

The melted beams began to give out, causing the platform to slowly sag. Penny stabbed her nine swords into the floor and used the strings to pull the platform up. Using her Maiden powers, Penny began shooting ice magic at two of the beams, attempting to cool the metal back down.

She looked down at Pietro, then at Cinder, who flew over, wrapped her legs around Penny's waist, and began trying to grab her with her Grimm arm.

Penny grabbed the Grimm arm's wrist and screamed in terror, struggling against Cinder. The ice on one of the beams began breaking off, and Penny shot ice magic at it again. Cinder grabbed the hand that Penny was using to hold her Grimm arm and applied intense heat that instantly caused Penny's hand to glow white hot. 

Penny lost her grip from the pain, and Cinder immediately grabbed her face with her Grimm hand, which muffled Penny's screams. The Grimm arm began glowing bright green.

Penny attempted to fly away but was still tethered to the platform by her swords. She swung herself and Cinder beneath the platform and continued struggling, while Emerald ran back into the arena. Penny created eight jagged ice swords and used them to push Cinder off of her, but Cinder's Grimm arm stretched and held onto Penny's face. 

As Cinder moved back toward her, Penny put her feet up in the way and used her jets to kick off from her, sending Cinder flying backward to slam against a wall. The ice swords followed Cinder, and one pinned her cape to the wall.

Emerald: Cinder!

Penny landed on the floor of the arena, near Maria, distracting the latter. Cinder pulled the ice sword from her cape and then looked at Emerald, with the two exchanging a smile. 

Neo took the opportunity to knock Maria down. She then walked toward Maria, drawing the sword from her parasol, only for Penny to shoot her with a large laser with all nine of her swords, slamming her into the airship hard enough to break her aura.

Penny flew up into the air to once again face Cinder, who created a glowing hot glass spear. Suddenly, Penny was surrounded by copies of Cinder, all wielding the same spear, thanks to Emerald inflicting her with hallucinations. 

Penny levitated her swords behind her and formed a storm cloud above herself. The Cinders pointed their spears at her and then charged her, while lightning struck Penny's swords. 

Penny activated her vision system's heat signature mode, allowing her to identify which Cinder was real. She gathered her charged swords and used them to fire a powerful laser at Cinder, destroying the spear and causing Cinder to scream out in pain. Emerald rushed to Cinder's aid.

Emerald: Cinder! No no no! No!

Emerald knelt beside Cinder, who was lying unconscious on the floor. She rolled Cinder onto her back to check on her, while Penny levitated near them. 

Emerald turned and fired her gun toward Penny, but the bullet flew straight past Penny and hit the machine on the raised platform, barely missing Pietro. Penny watched the bullet, then turned to Emerald and pointed her swords at her, angered.

Emerald: I know I can't beat you.

The anger left Penny's face. Her Maiden eye flares disappeared, and she frowned.

Emerald: But I can fill that thing full of holes before you take me down.

Emerald shed a single tear. In response, Penny lowered her swords and relaxed her posture. The colosseum shook and rumbled, and Penny looked around. She watched Emerald hurriedly carry Cinder away and then flew away. 

Emerald got into the airship, setting Cinder beside her, while Neo started the ship. Emerald worriedly petted Cinder's head, then looked at Neo, who looked annoyed.

Emerald: Get us out of here. Hurry.

Neo's look of annoyance turned to one of anger, and she flew the ship out of the colosseum.

Penny flew back up to the platform, carrying Maria. She set Maria down.

Penny: Dad! Are you okay?

She ran over to Pietro and knelt in front of him. The computer screen said "Broadcast Signal Lost".

Pietro: The stabilizer was damaged. We've missed our window.

Penny got up and ran over to the computer, typing on the keyboard.

Pietro: At this rate, we're likely to drift until touching down just north of--

The colosseum rumbled again.

Penny: I can fix this.

Maria: What?

Penny: Our message is only a few minutes long.

Penny turned to them and continued talking with a smile.

Penny: I can try and hold Amity in place until--

Pietro: Absolutely not!

Penny frowned in disappointment.

Pietro: You're in no condition to do something like this. Even just the temperature out there could--

Penny: It is our only option.

Maria: She is right, Pietro. We have to remember the big picture--

Pietro became frustrated, interrupting Maria.

Pietro: I don't care about the big picture! I care about my daughter!

He slammed his fist down onto the arm of his chair. He lowered his head and took off his hat as he spoke.

Pietro: I lost you before. Are you asking me to go through that again? No. No. I want the chance to watch you live your life.

Penny walked over and gently lifted his head so he would look at her.

Penny: But dad... I am trying to.

He took her hand into both of his and then took a moment to emotionally gather himself, nodding.

Pietro: Right.

She gently kissed the top of his head. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes, while Maria walked over to stand beside him, smiling at Penny. Maria put her hand on his arm while he put his glasses back on, and Penny flew outside through an opening in the roof. Penny took a few moments to look down at Atlas, then up at a borealis in the sky, smiling to herself.

Penny flew down to the damaged stabilizer and began pushing on it, using the jets in her feet. Pietro watched the computer screen as the image of Amity slowly rose up through the red dotted line representing the broadcast range.

Pietro: Come on, Penny.

Penny activated her Maiden powers, and the jet she was producing increased greatly in size and changed from green to cyan. The computer played a noise as the tower reached broadcast range, causing Pietro and Maria to celebrate.

Maria: Yes! Atta girl!

A window labeled "User input needed to continue" appeared on the screen, asking "Initiate Broadcast Operational Sequence?" with buttons for "Yes" and "Cancel". Pietro brought his fist down onto the keyboard.

All of the screens in the Atlas military base suddenly displayed a broadcast color pattern with the text "Atlas Emergency Broadcast System" displayed across the top, emitting a long tone. A large screen on a building in Mantle flickered on, displaying the same image for a moment before switching to a pre-recorded video of Ruby, with Blake's voice coming from off-camera. The drunk friends looked at the screen and then at each other.

Blake: Okay, go ahead.

Ruby: Um, uh. Hi. My name is Ruby Rose. I'm a Huntress. And if we've done everything right, then I'm talking to all of Remnant right now. Dr. Polendina can explain more later, but right now you all need to know that the Kingdom of Atlas is under attack.

The video was broadcasted to TVs and scrolls all over Remnant. People in Mistral Central Station began watching it, as did Saphron Cotta-Arc and Terra Cotta-Arc. Adrian Cotta-Arc grinned and waved his hands at the image of Ruby.

Ruby: Things are dire, and we need help. But please, try not to panic. This isn't some new enemy or invading Kingdom. This is a force we've faced before, for centuries... Salem.

Whitley was watching sadly from Jacques' office, resting his arms on the desk with his chin in his arms. He tensed and lowered his gaze when Ruby stated that they needed help. 

In the Mantle crater, refugees and Fiona's uncle were gathered together, watching. In Vacuo, Neptune and Sun were watching on their scrolls, and they looked at each other.

Neptune: Dude.

Ruby: The White Fang, Atlesian drones, even the Grimm themselves have all been controlled and manipulated by her, in order to tear down the Huntsman Academies.

In Menagerie, Ilia was sitting on a roof, watching on her scroll, when Ghira called her. 

Joanna Greenleaf watched among citizens in Mantle, standing behind the drunk friends.

Penny turned and pressed her back to the stabilizer, using her hands to produce two more jets and continued pushing on the colosseum.

Ruby: I know the idea of the Maidens and Relics seems... well... crazy, but I promise Professor Goodwitch of Beacon and Headmaster Theodore of Shade can verify all of this.

The Shopkeep was standing in From Dust Till Dawn, and he looked over at Glynda, who happened to be in his shop. She looked stunned.

Ruby: They might even be able to help organize a way to fight back. But sadly, General Ironwood can no longer be trusted.

Ironwood and the Ace Operatives were watching from Pietro's Atlas laboratory, and Harriet quickly muted the TV when Ruby said that Ironwood cannot be trusted. Marrow was smiling until the TV was muted. Ironwood walked over to the desk where Arthur Watts had dismantled part of Penny's sword and was working away at the inside.

Ironwood: It seems Polendina's proxy trick worked.

Watts: And that's good news for us.

Watts used tweezers to remove a chip that had Penny's emblem on it.

Watts: Penny's blades operate on the same principle as Amity in the launch terminal. In order for her to control them all, they need to communicate with one another.

In the throne room inside Monstra, Tyrian was sitting beside the throne, watching the broadcast on his scroll with a scowl. Salem placed her hand on his head with a smile, and he smiled and looked at her.

Behind the throne, (Y/N) was being dragged along by the Hound, listening to Ruby, a small smile coming over his face as he heard her voice.

Ruby: We didn't have time to prepare for Salem. But now you do! Just because she can't be destroyed, doesn't mean she can't be beaten. If she really was unstoppable, she wouldn't have acted with such caution until now.

Ruby, Blake, and Weiss were sitting against the bed in Weiss' bedroom, watching the broadcast on Blake's scroll while Nora laid unconscious in the bed, covered in bandages.

Ruby: She knows we're a threat. So even if we-- even if Atlas falls, you can't give up.

Watts used tweezers to pick up a chip with his emblem on it and showed it to Ironwood, who nodded. He then placed the chip into Penny's sword, and the lighting inside the sword changed from green to red.

Penny gasped as her eyes flickered red for a moment. She then cried out and gripped her head. Her jets stopped working, and she fell for a few seconds, before activating her jets again and flying back up to push on the stabilizer.

Pietro: Penny! What's going on out there?

Penny: I... I do not know!

Taiyang was watching the broadcast from his living room in Patch.

Ruby: I hope Amity Tower will help bring us all together. Because in the end, that's how we'll win--

The broadcast was suddenly cut off, and the screen reverted to the Atlas Emergency Broadcast System screen. Tai reached out for a moment.

Tai: No! No, come back!

Tai lowered his head into his hands, and Zwei whimpered, laid down, and rested his head on Tai's leg.

Pietro: Penny, you've done enough, sweetheart. Get back inside! We can ride out on Amity together.

Penny struggled, her eyes flickering between red and their normal green color.

Penny: No! I-- I have to go! The Vault! No! Dad!

Penny looked up at the tower, and her eyes became dull and lifeless. Her body went limp, and she began falling.

Pietro: Penny! What is happening?

As she fell through the atmosphere, Penny became engulfed in flames.

Pietro: Please, baby, say something.

After a moment, the light returned to Penny's eyes, and she then closed them.

Penny: I love you.

The radio communications between Penny and Pietro filled with static.

Pietro: Penny!

Pietro coughed and lowered his head into his hands, crying. Maria rested her hand on his back, trying to comfort him.

Pietro: Penny.

Harriet: Global comms just went back down.

Ironwood was looking at his scroll, with which he attempted to call Penny. The screen said that it could not complete the call.

Ironwood: And Penny isn't responding.

He now turned to Watts.

Ironwood: What did you do?

Watts played with Penny's sword as he spoke, before turning to Ironwood.

Watts: Exactly what you asked. It's possible Penny's systems are merely rebooting. As for the tower, well, perhaps Pietro isn't the genius you thought--

Ironwood angrily threw his scroll at Watts, who swatted it away. The scroll, now broken, landed on the desk.

Ironwood: We're not waiting. You're going to find her.

Ironwood turned to address Winter who had approached the desk.

Ironwood: Winter.

Winter stared at Penny's sword, giving Ironwood a delayed response.

Winter: Sir?

Ironwood: Until Penny either responds or is standing in front of that Vault, we can not assume her status. Take the Ace Ops. I want constant updates.

Winter, Marrow, Elm and Vine saluted him and then began leaving the room. Watts picked up his tool kit and then began rolling his chair along the desk, turning off the monitors. Ironwood headed for the exit while addressing Harriet.

Ironwood: Get him back to his cell.

Harriet: With pleasure.

Watts picked up Ironwood's broken scroll and held it behind his back as he stood up and faced Harriet.

In the tundra outpost, Yang, Ren and Jaune were looking at their scrolls.

Yang: That was the broadcast. Why did we lose signal?

They heard a loud noise in the distance and were soon after running through the snow in pursuit of rumbling sounds.

Jaune: There's another one. I think it's just up ahead.

They suddenly stopped and stared at something with wide eyes.

Ren: What... is this?

The ground had broken open, and black liquid was flowing inside the crack. The ground rumbled, and Yang took a step forward. A piece of dirt with a small bush on it broke off beneath her foot, and Jaune reached out in case she fell. The dirt and bush fell into the liquid and instantly dissolved. Soon after, a Sabyr head floated to the surface.

Yang: It's Grimm. A river of Grimm...

She, Jaune and Ren looked where the liquid was heading, while Monstra hovered in the distance in the opposite direction. They saw that the river was snaking its way across the tundra toward Mantle.

Yang: Heading straight for the Kingdom.

(Y/N) was shaken away, looking around. He felt himself suspended in the air, and looked to see himself in an odd room, with strands of something holding him up.

Several strands were wrapped around his legs, cutting into his sides, entering into his wrists, and all together holding him up in the air.

The pain finally started to hit him as he exhaled loudly, trying to block it out, when he heard the door open behind him.

Salem: What do you think of all this?

He inhaled in pain, trying to force a smile on his face.

(Y/N): Hmm... first impressions... not great.

He heard a sigh behind him, when Salem walked around his side, running her finger along one of the flowing strands as he screamed in pain.

Salem: How long do you think you can resist?

He tried to respond, but his throat was dry, and as he tried to talk, no words came out.

Salem: I think not long...

But there was only one thing he could think in that moment.

He had lost the ring.

The start of the relationship between Salem and (Y/N). How far will that develop in the time that they both have left?

Until next time!

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

17.5K 450 29
I do not own anything RWBY The story of an individual who was taken from his home, raised as an experiment to prevent the extinction of his home worl...
131K 1.7K 11
(Y/N), a new transfer student to Beacon, has gained the attention of the school's youngest huntress-in-training, Ruby Rose. But what is it about him...
38.6K 378 20
There was once a boy who who watched his mother die in front of him only to determine him into fighting...on his own He grew up into a good fighter a...
125K 1.4K 10
Team rwby gets a mission from their mother Salem and their fathers to infiltrate Beacon academy to possibly find some new recruits and take down a du...