Accidentally Married

By JJNiles

Wonho... Startled awake, I found myself instantly disoriented as a gentle exhale caressed my face, accompanie... More

Character List
Special Disclaimer
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter: Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter: Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter: Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter: Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Authors Notes

Chapter Ten

929 76 56
By JJNiles

Amber's POV...

"Daphne, I distinctly remember you assuring me that your skank ass daughter would never betray my son, just like you did to your own husband," I overheard Dominic's mother shouting as I entered the living room.

"Mother, what on earth is she doing in my house?" I retorted, my frustration evident.

"Oh, have you forgotten already that this house belongs to my son just as much as it does to you?" Mrs. Castillo fired back. "And don't you dare think for a moment that I will tolerate your disrespect, simply because you've chosen to some low-life bum." Her crazy ass then sneers.

"First and foremost, this house is solely mine. I have invested my hard-earned money into purchasing this house and everything within it. Secondly, you have entered my home and hurled disrespectful insults at me. Respect is earned through mutual understanding and consideration. Lastly, the person you so ignorantly label as a 'low-life bum' has shown me more kindness and empathy in a single day than you and your son have in the past few years," I retorted, my anger simmering as I approached her.

"I apologize for my daughter's behavior. Amber is going through a difficult time and may not be aware of her words or the person she is addressing..."

"I am perfectly capable of handling myself, and I am well aware of whom I am speaking to. I do not need you to make excuses for my actions ever again," I snapped at my mother, turning to face her with a firm resolve.

"Are you just going to stand there and allow this girl to disrespect you and jeopardize everything we've worked so hard to achieve, Daphne?"

"Amber Rose Law, you will put an end to this absurd marriage with a man I have never even met, whose lifestyle remains a mystery to me. You should be grateful that Dominic and his mother are still willing to engage with us despite the embarrassment caused by this scandal," my mother angrily demanded, goaded on by Mrs. Castillo's controlling tone.

"I will not allow myself to be manipulated into doing something against my will, whether it's by you or anyone else. And quite frankly, you are the least qualified person to give me advice on relationships, given the pain and turmoil you have inflicted upon Dad. It's truly astonishing that he continues to tolerate your manipulative and unfaithful behavior," I responded, my frustration evident in my voice.

"I've always warned Dominic that you were just like your mother, but he insisted that you were a good-hearted girl who had captured his heart. Instead of the wholesome girl he believed you to be, my son has fallen for a disgraceful whore," Mrs. Castillo sneered, her words barely audible.

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips as I shook my head in disbelief. "How amusing it is to hear your accusations," I said, my voice laced with a mix of incredulity and sorrow. "After all that has transpired, you have the audacity to look down on me? You, who stood at the pinnacle of your grand staircase, urging your own son to push me down."

The weight of my loss pressed upon me, threatening to break the dam of emotions I had carefully constructed. "That moment, that heart-wrenching betrayal by the hands of your son, has forever altered the course of my life. Being pushed down a flight of stairs robbed me of the precious baby I had growing inside of me, and it left me barren, unable to experience the miracle of carrying my own flesh and blood. I will never feel the gentle kicks or witness the growth of a life within me," I shouted, my voice trembling with a mixture of anguish and anger.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the painful memories flooded back, overwhelming me with their intensity. "Thanks to you and your son, my dreams were shattered, and the joy of motherhood was cruelly snatched away. The scars of that day will forever haunt me," I whispered, my voice choked with sorrow and longing.

"If only you had obeyed Dominic's commands instead of standing up to him, he wouldn't have resorted to such actions or..."

As a surge of anger coursed through me, my right palm connected forcefully with Mrs. Castillo's left cheek, the impact echoing through the room. A mix of satisfaction and relief washed over me as I finally released the pent-up frustration that had been building for far too long. "Don't you dare, in your miserable existence, blame me for the consequences of you and your deranged son actions!" I exclaimed, my voice filled with a fiery determination.

"Daphne, I came here hoping to salvage this botched-up marriage debacle your daughter has caused. But seeing how out of control she is there's nothing I can do to make my loyal son change his mind," She spoke, her voice strained, as she rubbed the spot where my hand had struck.

A bitter chuckle escaped my lips, intertwining with a newfound sense of liberation. "There's nothing salvageable here anymore. In fact, I believe fate intervened to rescue me from a life of pain and suffering with this twisted, abusive, controlling, and disloyal family. I'd choose a life with a stranger over one with Dominic any day," I proclaimed, my voice brimming with unwavering defiance.

"I don't believe he can care for your mother the way Dominic and I can..."

"Just give me a little time with my stubborn and malicious daughter, Mae. I assure you, everything will unfold according to our plan."

"Oh, Mother, what have you done? And when did you two become so close that you're on a first-name basis with Mrs. Castillo?"

"I haven't done anything, sweetheart," my mom replied, gently nudging Mrs. Castillo towards the front door.

"Daphne, unless you rectify this chaos by the week's end, I assure you, I will dismantle whatever remains of this fragile connection between you and your daughter," Mrs. Castillo menacingly warns my mother.

"Everybody stop!" I shouted as I barricaded the front door. "Mom, what is she even talking about? What hidden truth are you concealing from me that you're willing to push me into a marriage with a family that's manipulative, abusive, and deceitful?"

"Oh, sweetheart, you're just imagining things now, trying to divert attention from the fact that you're responsible for this chaos," my mom nervously retorted.

"Both of you get out of my house now!" I bellowed, my voice trembling with a mix of anger and anguish. "Mom, until you're ready to tell me the truth about your involvement with Mrs. Castillo and Dominic, I won't entertain any calls or visits from you." With a forceful shove, I propelled them out into the relentless downpour, slamming the door shut behind them. I always knew my mother had a tendency to prioritize her own desires, but I never fathomed she would place them above her own flesh and blood.

My heart ached as I watched my mother stand there, unmoved by Mrs. Castillo's degrading words that sliced through me like shards of glass. It was as if I were nothing more than a discarded object in her eyes. The fact that she showed no concern or remorse for the hurtful remarks and actions inflicted upon me by Dominic's mother only deepened the wound. What stung even more was the realization that, despite being aware of the physical and emotional abuse I endured at the hands of Dominic and his mother, my own mother still yearned for me to remain entangled in their toxic family web.

A whole new wave of fury engulfed me as Dominic's name flashed on my cell phone, resting nonchalantly on the coffee table. "We need to have a conversation," he declared abruptly, promptly ending the call before I could utter a single word.

"What a splendid way to kickstart this morning," I muttered under my breath. With a sigh, I snatched my keys from the table and my sky-blue jacket from the couch's arm before storming out of the house.

(Time Skip).

Engaged in conversation with a customer near the enticing cake display, I suddenly felt a forceful grip on my upper arm, yanking me away from the prying eyes. Irritated, I turned to face Dominic, my voice dripping with disdain.

"Remove your grimy hands from me!" I snapped, ensuring we were at a safe distance.

"Amber, I refuse to let you simply walk away from what we shared, just so you can frolic around with your insignificant fling," he retorted, tightening his grip on my arm.

"Dominic, no matter what you say or do, it won't alter the course of the past few days. Moreover, you're on the verge of becoming a father in a matter of months. Your focus should be on becoming the best dad you can be, not fretting over a doomed relationship with me," I calmly reasoned, hoping to penetrate his stubbornness.

His face contorted with anger, Dominic unleashed his possessive declaration, his words dripping with resentment. His flaring nostrils and intense gaze only added to the intensity of his sneer. "You think you can just walk away from me so effortlessly? You'll always be mine, no matter how many women I sleep with or how many children may come into the picture," he spat, his voice laced with bitterness.

"Release me this instant, you selfish bastard!" I exclaimed, my frustration boiling over. In a moment of sheer defiance, I slapped him with all my might, leaving a fiery red mark on his cheek, a testament to my defiance.

"You're fortunate we're in public, for if we were behind closed doors, I would gladly teach you a lesson," Dominic threatened, his voice seething with menace. However, before he could continue, Julia, my loyal best friend, intervened, her presence commanding attention.

"If I ever catch wind of you laying a finger on my best friend again, rest assured, you'll be six feet under before the day is through," Julia warned, her voice laced with a fierce protectiveness.

"By no means is this conversation between you and me coming to an end," Dominic grumbled under his breath before striding out of the main entrance.

"Today, we're heading straight to the police station to file a restraining order against that lunatic and his deranged mother," Julia declared, leading the way back towards the front of the store.

The weight of my decision settled upon me, and I realized that liberating myself from their toxic family was the best thing for me. No longer would I allow their manipulation and cruelty to dictate the course of my life. Standing tall, I embraced the uncertainty that lay ahead, knowing it held far more promise than the suffocating confines of the Castillo family.

Please vote and comment!!!
JJNiles...

The weight of my decision settled upon me, and I realized that breaking free from their toxic family was the best thing for me. No longer would I allow their manipulation and cruelty to dictate my life. I stood tall, ready to embrace the unknown, knowing that it held more promise than the suffocating confines of the Castillo family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 7.6K 40
Meet 19 year old Aqua she's not like other girls she's sassy when she needs to be but all around lovely and nice everyone loves her and she had a alr...
4.1K 139 44
What the fuck do you want?"I asked. "Get dressed we're going out"he says. "Hell nah, I ain't going no where"I say going back to my room. All I want t...
96.8K 2.5K 73
This is the NEW version of Owning Her, the old one is still up on my page!! "So Professor Jones, does this mean that we are an actual thing now?" "Pr...
60.5K 1.1K 49
I stop at the last room, stare at the number on the door and crosscheck it with the one with me. I stuffed the paper away and ready myself for what l...