Worst Impressions

By ClarissaNorth

A 'Pride and Prejudice' Remix. Beth Bennett, a poor girl in a fancy boarding school, faces class prejudice an... More

Author Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Author Note
Bonus Cast List
Bonus Chapter - Darcy Prepares for the Party
Bonus Chapter - Darcy in the Rain
Bonus Chapter - Darcy Sees Wickham
Bonus Chapter - Darcy and Wickham Meet
Bonus Chapter - The Coffee Shop
Bonus Chapter - Asking Beth to Dance
Bonus Chapter - Darcy Dances
Bonus Chapter - Switzerland
Bonus Chapter - Darcy Arrives in Paris
Bonus Chapter - Darcy and Beth Reunited
Bonus Chapter - Famille ou Amour?
Bonus Chapter - Punching Freddie
Bonus Chapter - The Confession
Bonus Chapter - Oh, shit.
Bonus Chapter - Meeting at Pemberley
Bonus Chapter - Meeting the Surfers
Bonus Chapter - Beth meets Mandy
Bonus Chapter - 'I've always thought so.'
Bonus Chapter - Dinner with the Darcys
Bonus Chapter - Alone in the Garden
Bonus Chapter - The Cliffs
Bonus Chapter - The Phone Call
Bonus Chapter - Arriving in Italy
Bonus Chapter - Forming the Plan
Bonus Chapter - Splitting Up
Bonus Chapter - Confronting Gideon
Bonus Chapter - Taking the Blame
Bonus Chapter - Confessing to Charlie
Bonus Chapter - Madame Courtenay's Visit
Bonus Chapter - Prom
Bonus Chapter - The Wedding
Bonus Chapter - Ten Years Later
Amazon Prime Video; Panic - Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter - Before the Birthday Party

743 47 1
By ClarissaNorth

Large gatherings had never been my idea of fun. There was never a chance to relax, not a moment to just enjoy the atmosphere and the company. Instead, I was required to be on, ready to interact with some wealthy friend of the family whose name I couldn't recall, or with whom we had some business deal I was wholly unaware of.

Ever since my father had died, I had been seen as the man of the house. It didn't matter that I was in my teens, nor that I had no involvement with the finances or board of directors. All that mattered was that I was male, and I was a Darcy. My fate was to continue where my father had left off. My mother had proven herself more than capable of occupying his place. If I'd had my way, she'd continue to do so until I'd lived a life of my own, but I couldn't condemn her to take a position that was always intended to be mine.

As much as I loathed it, this was what my life was meant to be.

'This is a birthday party, not a funeral,' Charlie said. He'd returned from his dressing room with two ties in his hand. He held them both up and asked, 'Which one, do you think?'

'Which one do I think looks better, or which one do you think Jenny will prefer?'

Charlie blushed hotly. 'Better. I mean, do you think she'll care?'

I smirked. His flustered expression was always good for a laugh. 'I don't think she's going to say much about your tie.'

'What, do you think she'll notice something else?' Charlie asked. He spun around to face the mirror and turned here and there, inspecting his outfit. 'Is this too formal? Should I change? Do I have time for that?'

'This is why we never should have gone to that school.' I smoothed down my own shirt and popped my top button. 'You've assimilated. You're one of them. You're turning into your sister, Chaz.'

'Sorry if I don't want to look like I was dragged through a hedge backwards unlike someone I could mention.'

'Oh, sod off,' I countered. 'You just have your knickers in a twist because you can't sneak off with Jenny the whole night.'

'Who says I can't?'

'You're the host,' I reminded him. I approached the mirror and nudged Charlie out of the way. While I straightened my collar and tidied my hair I said, 'You've got hands to shake and fawning sycophants to smile at.'

Charlie dropped onto his bed and groaned loudly. 'I hate when Chantelle does this. Half of bloody London must be coming tonight.'

'Only the wealthy half,' I joked.

'I'd much rather be celebrating with the non-wealthy half. At least they'd be a laugh.'

'Careful,' I warned. 'You're starting to sound as cynical as me.'

'I'm spending too much time with you,' he said. 'What did you call it? Assimilating. I'm assimilating into a miserable fart.'

'I prefer to think of myself as sensible.'

'You're the only one who does,' Charlie muttered.

'What was that?'

'Nothing.' He sprang up from the bed and cleared his throat. 'Sounds like people are arriving. We should probably go down.'

'So that you can be the first one to grab Jenny when she walks in the door?' I teased.

'Oh, and you don't want to be the first to get Beth's attention?' he fired back.

It was my turn to blush. I felt the heat all the way to my ears. 'Why would I? She's nothing to me.'

'Okay, fine.' Charlie shrugged. 'I guess I'll set her up with one of my cousins or something.'

'Wait,' I said. Charlie was already headed out of the door. When I started after him, he picked up speed until he was at a run. 'Chaz! Come back here!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 1.4K 12
Masrur X Oc I started with nothing. so lived with nothing.. I expected nothing so I got nothing.. that was until I got something.. once you have some...
5.7M 149K 31
Mia Gibson and Hunter James were always meant to be. But dating the star quarterback that was destined to be in the NFL was not easy. Especially when...
11.6M 446K 55
Whoever wished they could live the life of royalty deserved a punch in the face. Meet Park Sparrow, a feisty, sarcastic, and reckless outcast who'...
723K 21.8K 61
"So yeah, I crashed your 16th birthday party, and yeah, I punched Stan. He didn't deserve you. I'm not saying that I did, or do, or whatever, either...