The Death Of Us

By Night-ed

Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond rec... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Aesthetic pt 2.
Chapter 10
Face reveal
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Aesthetic Pt. 3
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Face Reveal Pt. 2
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Face Reveal Pt. 3
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Thank you for reading!

Chapter 26

40 7 0
By Night-ed

I wake up, lying beside Blake, just seeing him sleep beside me, makes me blush.

"stop it" I tell myself with a whisper.

"what did you say?" gosh he startled me.

"huh? Nothing"

I look out of the window, noticing the sun being mid, the asshole Knox didn't call us to the fucking meeting.

"that bastard" I stand up.

"Blake, wake up"

"what do you want?"

"Knox left us out of the fucking meeting."

Blakes eyes open wide. And so, he stands up, not bothering taking his t-shirt on, did I sleep beside him while his upper body was naked? I start blushing again while following him, to the next room. There stands the bastard Knox. Before I get to yell at him, Blakes fist throws him on the ground.

Before Blake gets to hit him once more on the ground he gets pulled back, but he pushes them easily aside, I don't even know how to react. Everything about this is entertaining, seeing Knox getting his butt kicked and seeing Blake shirtless kicking asses.

"this better be the last time you disrespect me or her" as Blake said that he grabs me by my arm, and we walk outside. But before we were outside, he calls for Caleb.

I haven't talk much to Caleb, I just know that he is around Blakes age and even stronger than him, I bet his body is hot.

"what was Knox's plan?" Blake asks Caleb.

"he told us to go wild, he said that we should start a fire, get some z's. He said he didn't care as long as his daughter was safe"

"his daughter?" I interrupt.

"her name is supposed to be Mariah, he said and I quote 'the only one who gets to murder her is me'"

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

Xiomara is screaming louder than before, I think it will be done soon, I just hope that it won't attract any z's, but honestly, I don't think it will. Katie and I are both in our room, me playing with the bow string and Katie twirling her dagger around her finger.

"How long does birth take?" Katie complains gripping the dagger tightly. I shrug my shoulders at her and say "I don't know but that's a sign from the universe telling us not to get preggo"

"You're the one with a boyfriend" She tells me, I sent her a cocky smirk.

"You're the one eye-fucking Levi" I retort and she chokes on her own spit coughing loudly before glaring at me, I sent her a smirk before looking at the bow and start to play with the string. "What do you me-"

"Please, I know you two screwed, I couldn't sleep in my room because of that" I cut her off, Katie stares at me for some time, her cheeks turning red.

"You can't tell anyone" she says, I smile at her gently and nod.

"Your secret's safe with me, I promise" I promise her and hold out my pinkie for her, she looks at it for a second then at me before hooking her pinkie with mine.

"So, you like him?" I ask and she nods at me and bites her lip nervously. "But I told him I didn't after he told me about the things that's happening between him and Xiomara, before you ask, he just vaguely told me about them falling out of love or something" I don't question her on that even though I know she's withholding something back. It is after all not my business to snoop around in.

The curtains open up and in walks Noah who was just with Levi, he jumps onto Katie's bed and lays down beside her. I put my things down and jump into my bed, then look at Noah.

"Weren't you going to sleep at Levi's?" I ask, he looks at me with his big deer eyes and shakes his head.

"The screaming lady is closer to his room than yours" He explains innocently, I can't help but snort at that but nod in understanding. Suddenly everything goes silent and both Katie and I look at each other, then Leo walks in, he looks tired as fuck.

"She's finally done giving birth" Leo says and lies down beside me, groaning into the pillow "She yelled cursed at me and threw a knife at me"

"So, she stole my job?" I joke, he pinches my waist causing me to yelp. I hit his hand away but he just places it on my stomach playing with the hem of my top.

"Is it a boy or girl?" Katie asks curiously but Leo merely shrugs. "I don't know, between running around getting water, killing any Z that got too close and getting yelled at I somehow forgot to ask" Leo grumbles.

"how did the z's come in? There shouldn't be too many in here" Katie asks. Leo is lifting his shoulders and probably stopped thinking about it, but I can see that Katie didn't stop thinking about it.

"Am I getting a new sibling? Can I meet them?" Noah suddenly asks excitedly; I look at him and nod giving him a small grin.

"Yes, but later, right now Xio has to rest, okay?" Noah nods in understanding before laying down beside Katie again. I sit up causing Leo's hand to fall onto my lap "I'll go check on everybody and get this one to bed"

Leo groans but stands up along with me. I grab his hand intertwining it with mine and we walk out, me swinging our hands back and forth and him lazily keeping up. I follow him to his room and walk in with him, he immediately jumps onto his bed and pulls me down with him. I smack his hand as I sit up in front of him.

"I have to go check up on the others, hate to say it but there's no cuddling tonight" I tell him, he groans loudly running his hand through his hair. I chuckle a little at him.

"God, I hope no one else gets pregnant during this shit show" He mutters, I smile at him.

"Then remember the condoms" With that I stood up and walked away leaving him alone, I walk out to the others, Hua is sitting with her brother who has a small child in his arms. He's staring at the baby with an unknown emotion, it certainly isn't love. I look at Luna who's standing a little awkward beside Brandon as Xiomara smiles at Levi, even Hua is looking down at the child awkwardly.

"Well, this couldn't get more awkward, could it?" I ask snapping everybody's attention up to me, Hua chuckles a little and I walk over to them peering down at the child, it opens its big blue eyes at me. Wait, Blue? I look at Levi's eyes whose almost black and Xiomara's who has brown eyes.

"Now I get it" I whisper causing Hua to burst out laughing, I smile at Xiomara who has a glare set on me. "So, what's the gender?" I ask and her eyes, which are nowhere near blue, immediately lights up.

"It's a boy, we've decided to name him, Mateo" She says excitedly. I look at Levi who grimly nods then at Hua who seems to be amused by all of this.

"Love the name" I say nodding along with her and I walk over to Brandon who gives me a pointed look, silently telling me to shut my mouth.

"I think I'm gonna go and sleep or something" Hua says and I nod giving her a thumbs up.

"I'll look after her, you can go too Levi" I assure him, he nods and gives the baby to Xiomara before bolting out of here.

"Alright you two can go on and rest, I'll take care of her" I tell the two others in the room. They nod and walk out, I give Xiomara a small smile that she doesn't notice sine she's too busy looking at Mateo. I sit down.

"I can hold him for you if you want to take a nap?" I suggest, she glares at me a little and I hold my arms up defensively.

"Suit yourself"

Katie's POV

I can't stop thinking about what Leo said about the z's, how come that there are a few, I walk around almost every day, not meeting more than 3 at a time.

I choose to stand up, taking my red leather jacket and ice axe and I end up going out of the store, I have a really bad feeling. I walk past Hua, she must have come out of Luna's room, where xiomara gave birth, it takes a little time before I get used to her short hair, but it looks good on her.

"pack your things" I almost order.

"huh, what the fuck are you talking?"

"just do it, also get Noah to pack his things, and be ready to get in the car until I am back" I pause "i don't have time to explain, just trust me".

I must have convinced her with the last sentence, because she just nods and slowly runs away. I need to talk to Mariah, it won't be hard to convince her, because she trusts me no matter what. I continue to walk, just one more thing that raises my suspicion and I am out of here.

I have been walking around for 15 minutes, it must be dark outside in 1 hour. I haven't seen anything, I walk to the escalator, looking down the shopping center, it's true that there is more z's than before, I try to make out where the z's might come from.

We should have secured all exits or maybe someone forgot, I don't mind getting to kill a few extras.

I am about to walk down until I see her, I rub my eyes and with that she is gone. Am I seeing things now?

Fuck this shit, I walk further down, just to see a whole horde of zombies. FUCK! I try not to catch the z's attention slowly walking the few steps of the escalator back up again, I clench my fist around my ice axe, being ready to kill some bitches.

As soon as I am out of their sight, I run towards the furniture store. I lock the door, looking for something that I can block it with. The sofa I try pushing it towards the door, it moves a little bit with each push.

"what are you doing?" I stand up, seeing Leo's sleepy face.

"shut up and just help me"

Without questioning me, he helps. With his helps it immediately went faster, he really must have a lot of strength, well he used to be a trainee in the military, so It makes sense.

"Katie, what's going on?"

"zombies, too many" I pause, I feel my breath being irregular. "pack everything, I warn the others".

"but Xiomara won't be ready yet"

"she needs to be"

I run away without saying more, I try to find Mariah, she must be by Xiomara, we have enough time to get everything from our storage and out. There she is.

"Mariah" I catch her attention, and I continue talking without giving her a chance to reply. "we need to get out of here, there are too many z's.

"but Xioma-"

"just pack for now, they haven't spotted us yet, the car that Levi and Brandon got for us, put everything there. We need to be out of here before midnight, before they are everywhere!".

She nods, and then gives me a hug.

"take care of yourself"

"I will" I get out of the hug, looking at her. I notice the tears that are trapped in her eyes, I know she won't let them out, but I also know why they are there.

"it will be fine" I run away, to mine and Mariahs room, while she seems to walk to the storage.

We got a lot of bags from the camping shop, thinking we would need it or it would be a good chance to hide a lot of things, if some survivors tried to rob us.

I packed everything there would be, I noticed that Mariah and Leo worked together, he walked the stairs down with 5 bags at the time, he did that around 3 times until the car got full, and went back up again.

"we will get going now, securing a place we could stay" I say to Mariah, and we took our last goodbye, for now...

I hope at least...

I run down the stairs, immediately noticing the black car, and with that we drove away. Just before we get into the city I looks back in the mirror, and with that I hear a big explosion.

....................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 2147

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 717 50
Her one night of fun turned into a night of chaos. One that can't be contained and one that took everything from her. And now she must fight for what...
89.5K 8.7K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
83 8 20
A post apocalyptic shifter series that includes fated mates. ___________________________________________________ Seventeen years ago, one irresponsib...
19.5K 1K 39
There is something different about this virus. It doesn't just make you sick. It kills you. It reanimates, it turns you into something else. An ordi...