Tropical Rouge: A New Story...

By Ifvfez3

Laura gets annoyed like usual. Apparently, Manatsu had an idea because of Sango. Is it supposed to be like a... More

MAIN
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

1

120 0 0
By Ifvfez3

In a pool/

Laura: Whatever...

This was a common word Manatsu was used to hear from the mermaid Laura. She... actually seemed to mean well for her part in the whole set up, but she was just so annoying. And why did she need to say that anyway?)

Manatsu's mother, Aoi, leads her daughter to the beach with her friends, then she goes back to her aquarium to leave them together. They find Sango and her also friends dancing around a mermaid statue while chanting Manatsu's name.)

Manatsu: A ritual... for me?

Sango: It's not a ritual, it's a congratulatory ceremonial.

Manatsu: What is it actually for? Isn't it kind of weird to hold a ritual for someone who hasn't even been officially accepted into the Tropical Club?

Sango: How? We're all in the club...

Minori: *with them, just like Asuka, but Asuka was left behind* I think 💭 that we should do something less boring and more intelligent.

Sango: I agree. Like... singing!

Manatsu: Are you kidding me?! That's even weirder than the mermaid statue ritual!

Laura: *appears, as she is prone to do inside her aqua pot, with a malevolent smirk on her face* I thought that would get your attention.

Manatsu: What do you want?

Laura: I want to join your club. It's obvious, judging by the set up, that I have the talent to become a great singer. The only thing I lack is confidence in my vocal cords. After all, the queen would love that and it would be a more good way for me to become the next one! (nervous tic) I want to join your club so I can practice and get better... but I already have the voice of an angel.

Sango: Let's become idols Manatsu!

Manatsu: But... don't idols need to be pretty?

Laura: Thank you for your compliment. (smirk) But, I think I have a better figure than all of you put together.

Manatsu: I wasn't talking to you... ahem... yeah...

Asuka: Will you stop arguing already, please.

Manatsu: Alright, my senpai.

Sango: I'm trying to think of a good reason to... oh I know! Let's throw her a welcome party!

Manatsu: Again?

Minori: *gently chiding* Sango, let's not be selfish. Manatsu can maybe practice on her before the party.

Kururun: Kururun...

Manatsu: I'm noOOOOt letting you practice on me! UGH! *panicking with anger in a funny way* I mean, sorry for that current attitude today. I just can't be bothered by your insane behavior.

Sango: You would prefer me to be quiet?

Manatsu: It's not that! It's just... look, will you really be in the club?

Sango: Of course! I'm already in, aren't you?

Manatsu: Well, I'm not as sure. We might have a problem.

Sango: What are you talking about?

Manatsu: Laura. She's trying to join just like she did before (really?) I'm not sure if we can let her in, since she doesn't meet the looks quota.

Minori: Does it matter? She's already trying out, that's more than enough for me. Besides, doesn't look like she's giving up. Even if she is still a mermaid she can join. *reading something, most likely a fairy tale*

Manatsu: Ugh. I don't know. (sigh) Anyway, welcome to the madness, Laura.

Sango: We'll sing, Laura, let's have musical moments!

Laura: Ok.

That's all she had to say.)

Manatsu: I don't want to seem like I'm just being a spoilsport here, but we have a serious thing of looks in this club.

Sango: So? I know you can't sing. I'd still want you in the club, if you weren't a singing prodigy like you are.

Laura: As for me, I can sing pretty well, not like you Manatsu...

Manatsu:

Laura: Oops! That's not what I meant at all! I'm sorry if I offended you when I said you can't sing.

Manatsu: No, it's fine. But, just so you know, I won't be singing either. I don't have that kind of talent.

Asuka: *approaches, putting a hand on one of Manatsu's shoulder* I'll help you and prepare everything you need for our newly advancements of our club.

Laura: *she went to the water of the beach, out of her aqua pot* Aaaaaah... That's better.

Manatsu: Hold on. Nobody is singing without an accompaniment.

Asuka: Why are we still having this discussion? Let's have the concert now!

Manatsu: Look, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but none of us are really singers.

Laura: What are you afraid of? I'm sure the songs will just be loud and boisterous, not like we'll have anything important to say.

Manatsu: I'm not afraid, I'm just considering the rest of our members.

Laura: And what about me? Don't I count?

Manatsu: You do, let's stop and go organize our first concert!

Asuka: Yes, that's the spirit Manatsu.

Laura: (But, I'm a mermaid...)

They are in the center of Aozora city now, inside a building.)

Manatsu: Everyone, come on, we need to get a place where we can all sing without distraction. Now, I know this city area has a few places that can act as our practice room. However, we will need a bigger one, because I'm sure there will be more people showing up for the actual concert.

Sango: Count me in then. I'll go check some other buildings, or we'll just use my Pretty Holic parlor as a base.

Asuka: Can I come with you?

Sango: Of course. You do know it'll probably be a lot more lively there right?

Minori: It is, Asuka, trust Sango. *she already went there I guess*

Manatsu: Alright then, let's go check some buildings!

After a bit more choosing some buildings and getting a guide book for the area, they were on their way. Manatsu and her friends quickly (mainly Manatsu) find the buildings they want to look at. However, it seems like Sango was right; they are really quite active there.)

Manatsu: Oh no, I really thought we'd have the place to ourselves. Bummer...

Sango: Well we could just go to one of the less used ones, there's sure to be less people there.

Manatsu: You and your suggestions. Alright, let's do that.

The girls go to another building (they should have used their base shed).

Manatsu: Oh hmm ok, I guess we separated ourselves a bit. Alrighty, let's just go to the practice room and get this over with.

As they open the door to go to the practice room room, they're hit with the sounds of loud music and an insanely upbeat pop song being played really loudly.)

Asuka: Yeah! Now this is more like it! Let's get on with the exciting part! Inventing our own song and using this as an inspiration!

Minori: I-It's loud... ><

Sango: Uhhh...!

Manatsu: The better is, to shut that horrible crazy music off... This can't be our inspiration!!!

The girls then proceed to go up to the counter in the front of the room, where a girl with short pink hair, and equally pink eyes, that are practically glazed over is sitting at.)

Manatsu: Huh? Who are you?

Girl: ...I cannot hear you..... You don't....look very nice...(sigh) Can I have this...thing (pointing to the guide book) back now?

Manatsu: What? You can't hear us? And, sorry to say that but this guide book is mine...

Manatsu tries to take the book, but the girl slaps her hand away and gets up out of her seat.)

Girl: NO!!!! it's mine!!

Manatsu: Calm down! Nope, IT'S NOT!!! STOP!!!!

All four girls proceed to grab the book from the girl, who then proceeds to break all of their fingers. She leaves the room to go to the vestibule.)

Manatsu: Ouch!

Sango: You think your book is broken? Are you okay?

Manatsu: Yeah, I sure hope so, because there's no way I'm going back to that practice room. And also yes. (sigh a lot)

Asuka: So, I'll go. I can invent my own song anyway.

Manatsu: No you won't.

Asuka: It'll be our song though, I forgot to say we instead of my.

Sango: Bingo! I'll go, I'm a good singer and I'm well known around here so it'll look better if I go.

Minori: Um...me too...I guess.

Laura: It's now the time to do it and really prepare the concert, stop wasting it!

All of them: Ok, ok!

They went to make the preparations, doing each their thing. Manatsu wasn't exhausted due to her endless motivation, applying some of her given lipstick to herself, but Minori was.)

Manatsu: You shouldn't be tired, we should hurry and really prepare everything and then go out to find things to make into lyrics.

Minori: Why hurry...?

Manatsu: Because we are all motivated! The guide book that we got has already given us, a bunch of songs to work with.

Minori: You sure it wasn't just some random book? A map one?

Manatsu: Of course not!

Sometime later...)

Manatsu: So... are we ready?

All: YES!

Manatsu: Alright! Let's get this show on the road!!! Everybody, sing like a mermaid!!!!!

The concert took place in the middle of the city. They were very lucky since a street, other type of festival was going on, so there were a lot of people around. The concert itself was very loud as Manatsu herself in general (but as not as loud as the music the cures heard before), and it was only the lead up to the main event. The concert that Manatsu created, although loud and exuberant brought a lot of energy into the performance. She told them to jam after the first few songs, which they did without a problem. She then started playing with the effects and the light shows while she was singing along with them as she was running around the place. Laura was only watching them even if she was considered to be part of the club now . The Party Hard staff was really hyped up and happy about all this along with the people of the city.)

---

Laura: (think: I can't sing with them... and I'm a mermaid...)

---

Manatsu: Amazing! Tropica-shine!!!

The second concert was going really well, and the place was going crazy.)

Manatsu: NOW!!!

But now, the concert is getting bad, the instruments weren't working well and Manatsu's microphone had problems too.)

Manatsu: Start without me!!!

Now all of them were running around trying to find equipment that wasn't in the right place.)

The girl that they encountered before is on the top of the place the concert was held and disappeared.)

Manatsu: I feel something's missing right now...

Sango: I don't know! Just start the concert now!

Manatsu: But what about you?

Sango: I'm feeling a bit nervous.

Manatsu: Oh come on, we can do it!!!

Asuka spoke.)

Asuka: What happened to our concert?

Manatsu: No, no, no!!! I gotta start something! Without myself!

Asuka: Huh? What?

Manatsu then left abruptly and started being a klutz. Everyone was looking at her after covering their ears.)

Laura: Manatsu!

Sango: Manatsu please come back...

Manatsu: I'm so sorry! I got lost! No one told me my microphone was broken! I'm sorry for the bad concert!

Sango: Ok. I think we managed to reach lots of people. But you shouldn't dive into them next time, understood? You're worrying others.

Asuka: Really...

Manatsu: Yes! I understand!

---

Laura: I WANT TO BE AN IDOL! I WANT TO BE AN IDOL! THAT'S NOT FAIR! I'M A MERMAID!

---

Later... the crowd is going at a certain direction, but then... at the end... everyone's motivation was taken away!)

Manatsu: *she saw the mess* What's going on?! A bad guy again?!

No one answered her, the silence just increased her fears.)

Manatsu: But... But... I did something wrong right?

Asuka: Of course. You sung terribly and now this happened.

Manatsu: Oh God...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340 4 75
Think you know mermaids? Think again. (Think underwater Twilight) **** "Our waters are changing. We've known it for a while now. We can sense it. We...
67 6 15
Just like her brother she has dyslexia but can read Greek somehow and she can hold her breath underwater for long time and she doesn't speak a lot. T...
360 28 18
This is a new fairytale for me to write about. Just to let you know, it's not the little mermaid genderbend. You can read or add my story to your rea...
562 23 22
My name is Isla. I'm a mermaid. No, not like the little mermaid, I'm not some silly cartoon. Now that I think of it, you can go ahead and also rule o...