How It All Started - Dylan O'...

By OHale24

Y/N and her best friend Vere are taking a much needed break from work. Of course, with this much needed break... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 50

462 6 5
By OHale24

"Go on," Vere says as she pushes Dylan out of our home. "You and the guys have fun, you'll see her tomorrow bright and early," Holland adds from the hallway.

"No, I won't see her until two," he says as he struggles to stay inside the house as he's being both pushed and pulled out of the house. "This is a tradition, we did it for Tyler now it's your turn," Posey says as he pulls him out the door. "This is your last day being single so we need to party!" Crystal says walking out of the kitchen with a bottle of wine in her hand.

"Technically, I'm not single," I point out. She playfully rolls her eyes taking a sip of her glass. "Fine, your last day before becoming husband and wife," she corrects herself handing me a glass of red wine. "We're throwing you your bachelorette and they're throwing Dylan his bachelor party, now say your goodbyes and let's get this party started!" She exclaims excitedly walking to the theatre room, already a couple of glasses of wine in.

I walk over to Dylan who is now playfully struggling against the group.

"No stripper gets to touch him," I say pointedly to the guys as I hug Dylan. "Never," they say putting their hands up in defense. "We're going go-kart racing," Posey says with that goofy grin of his and I smile. "Sounds like something you all would enjoy," I smile turning towards Dylan.

"No stripper gets near her either," Dylan calls out to the girls playfully. "Too late, we can't cancel on Sebastian Stan!" Holland yells as she walks towards the theatre room with Vere.

"I'm sorry did you say Sebastian Stan?" I playfully yell out excited just to mess with Dylan. "Someone remind me to uninvite  him," I hear Dylan say to the boys. "Babe, I'm kidding. The girls wouldn't have been able to get him anyways," I joke not missing the playful glare he sends my way.

"That's what she said," Shelley says walking towards us. "I'm here to get the 'bride-to-be,'" she says signaling for us to get a move on things. "And remember you won't be able to see each other until she's walking down the isle," Mini Dylan adds from the front porch of our house as he and the guys walk over to the car. Shelley walks away to give us a moment as well.

"I'll see you tomorrow, try not to miss me too much," he whispers into my ear as he holds me close to him. "We both know you're asking for too much, but I'll try," I say leaning up to kiss him. "I love you, don't get too drunk. I wouldn't want you having a hang over tomorrow," he says planting a kiss on my temple. "You too, we both know you can go a little overboard sometimes," I smile at him. "Me? Never," he laughs.

"Don't go cheating on me know," I joke and he shakes his head. "Wouldn't dream of it!" He yells jogging up to the guys.

"Make sure he's at the church early, if not I'm getting on all of you!" I hear Holland yell from behind me causing all the boys to nod hastily. We wave goodbye before closing the door behind us.

"Now that the boys are gone we can change into out bride and bridesmaid robes," Holland says bringing out the bag containing our robes. The bridesmaids each got their satin rich emerald green robe with "bridesmaid" embroidered on the back, while my robe was white with "bride" embroidered on the back. We decided on emerald green bridesmaid dresses since we felt blush pink was overused.

"Did the bride-to-be do her assigned homework?" Crystal asks smiling once everyone had changed into their robes.

"You know it was hard to do it without Dylan seeing it," I spoke getting up to grab my laptop. "Get the camera ready," Shelley calls out to Vere who quickly stood preparing the camera.

"Well, let's hear it. I hope you didn't leave anyone out," Holland says sitting down onto one of the couches in the theatre room as I finished connecting my laptop to the screen. "I don't think I did, but we will see," I say turning back to look at them as my presentation appeared on the screen.

"Ladies, tonight, our bride to be will be divorcing all her husbands for the sake of her one true love," Crystal our 'talk show host' says into the small mic we connected in the room. "Y/n, are you ready to divorce your mans?" She says pointing the mic towards me and I nod my head. "For Dylan, I am," I say but trying my hardest to sound as if it's the hardest thing in the world.

"Begin," Crystal says before handing me the mic and going to her seat.

"The first man of the night," I pause for dramatic effect. "The one and only," I add before changing the slide. "Sebastian Stan," I say as a roar of applause and whistles sound around the room. "I'll take him if you don't want him," Shelley says raising her hand and I laugh. "No matter how hard it is to say this, by all means, he's yours," I say wiping away a fake tear as she cheers in celebration.

"Next, up," I change slides. "We have Sam Claflin," I say as the girls and I admire his picture on the screen. "I call dibs!" Crystal yells and I hear a chorus of groans from the others. "Next, young Leonardo DiCaprio. Not to be confused with the award winning actor Leonardo DaVinci," The girls erupt in fits of laughter at my reference.

"Jake Gyllenhaal, I'm sorry but after watching South Paw, I'm just way to obsessed with this man," I sigh admiring his picture as the girls argue over him.

"Alright I don't remember who is next," I say honestly as I flip to the next slide. "I take it back, he's mine!" Holland yells standing in front of the trying to block the girls from seeing Bradley Cooper.

After finishing with the last guy I spoke once more. "As I conclude my presentation, I must announce that these wonderful, handsome, fine looking men have been demoted from my husbands, to besties," I say with a cheeky smile as the girls laugh.

I prepare to flip to the last slide. "Now, for the man we have all been waiting for!" I announce as the girls start to cheer loudly. "The man that I am giving up all these men for," I pause as the girls begin to drum roll. "Dylan fricking O'Brien!" The girls and I cheer at Dylan's picture in the center of the screen.

"Y/N, do you remember where I left my watch-" The sound of Dylan's voice interrupted our cheering as he walks into the media room with his keys in hand. A party hat at the top of his head and alcohol stains around the collar of his shirt.

"What's going on here?" He asks, staring at the picture of himself in the front of the screen. "Nope, it's fine." He says beginning to back out of the room. "I can always get my watch tomorrow before the wedding, no problem," he closes the door behind him leaving the rest of us still in shock.

"So is someone going to say that didn't just happen?" Vere asks the girls as we all look at each other trying not to laugh. "Okay then," she takes another sip of her wine, "let's pick a movie." She adds before walking over to the series of movies the girls had brought over.

"You guys go ahead, I'm gonna help Dylan find his watch real quick," I walk out of the room closing the door behind me not giving them a chance to respond.

"I knew you would come out sooner or later," I hear Dylan say from beside me. Turning to look over to my right I see him casually leaning on the wall beside the double doors of the media room. "In a minute flat," he says looking  down at his watch.

"And I thought you said you couldn't find your watch," I walk over to him closing the space between us.

"Well this isn't the watch I was looking for," he says showing me the watch on his wrist. "This one is," he says pulling out the box that held the brand new watch that goes with his suit for tomorrow. "I just wanted an excuse to pull you out of their for a bit," he said pulling me closer to him, if that were even possible. "Until I saw a picture of a handsome man on the screen on what's supposed to be your bachelorette party," he grins and I shake my head.

"I'm not even going to begin to explain that," I laugh resting my head on his chest as he holds me. Now that we're in a closer proximity I can smell the alcohol radiating from him. "You can tell me, the boys didn't even notice I left," I feel him shrug. "But you guys went go kart racing," I said confused. "How did they miss the bachelor leaving his own party?" I question just about ready to burst out laughing.

"Because we left after mini Dylan beat us three times in a row," he pouts and I laugh. "You guys are such sour losers," I laugh at him as I pull away to get a bottle of water. I'm not sure how drunk he is, but I'm not letting him leave until I'm sure he's sober.

"So when we got to the hotel, we started drinking then went down to the casino and that's when I made my escape," he says proudly before taking the open water bottle I handed him. "So, how drunk are you?" I ask him as we lean against the kitchen counter.

"Not too drunk where I can't drive, but enough to know I should drink this bottle of water unless I want a headache tomorrow," he says chugging down the water. "And who was the one getting on me about not getting drunk?" I tease him. "Hey, I had to tease you in order to make myself feel better," he says and I smile.

"Now, when are you going to explain to me why you and the girls where cheering at my picture?" He questions, although more like teases as he lifts me up before placing me on the kitchen counter. I turn away blushing at his question and certainly not because he's caged me in with both of his arms at either side of me.

"That is a bachelorette party secret," I say.

"Oh come on I told you what we did at my bachelor party, it's only fair," he says bringing his face to the crook of my neck and I shake my head. "But I already knew you all were going go-kart racing, that's not news to me," I say and he shakes his head.

"But I told you we were drinking," he smirks. "Also not news to me," I smile proudly.

"Please, I'm your future husband," he pouts. "I hope you laugh," I sigh causing a smile to appear on his face, showing those cute dimples of his. "I probably will," he laughs and I smile poking at his dimples.

"You know how every time we sit down to watch a movie and I see an actor and I yell out 'that's my husband,'" I begin saying blushing in embarrassment. I can't believe it's taken me all this time to finally realize how embarrassing that is. He nods with a small smile poking out at the corner of his lips. "So the girls wanted me to create a slideshow of all my 'husbands,'" I say with air quotes on 'husbands. "As me saying goodbye to them and focusing just on you, I believe Crystal said I was divorcing them?" I laugh as I hide my face in the crook of Dylan's neck.

"I told the girls the guys had been demoted from husbands to besties," I smile although I continued hiding my face in his neck as he rubbed my back. "Sounds like something you would say," he whispers. "You know I just mess around with you when I call them my husbands right. You know that I really just want you, right?" I ask him as I slightly pull away to take a look at his facial expressions.

"I know, if not I probably would have called you out on it a long time ago," he says and I nod my head knowing he's right. "But you're lucky I'm not the jealous type," I laugh at his last comment.

"That is such a lie Dylan, you are most definitely the jealous type," I smile once my laughter has calmed down. "Alright fine, but at least I'm not as jealous as you," he teases before poking me in my ribs. "If I had looks like yours and a fan base like you do, I'm sure you would be as jealous as I am," I lean back a bit on the counter.

"You're right, I am very handsome," he says moving a strand of hair from his forehead exaggeratedly. "Yes, yes you are," I nod agreeing with him.

"Y/N! We've been waiting for half an hour, did you guys find his watch yet?" We hear Vere yell towards Dylan and I's room.

"Almost!" I yell back hoping she doesn't realize Dylan and I are in the kitchen. "Hurry up!" She yells back before walking away.

"And bring some snacks when you're done," she says poking her head into the kitchen, letting us know we've been caught. "Will do," I say to her before she walked away.

"Okay, I will see you tomorrow. In your beautiful gown looking gorgeous as you walk down the isle," he says excitedly. "And I will see you tomorrow. In your amazing tux looking handsome as you stand there at the end of the isle," I smile as we walk towards the front door of the house.

"I haven't said it yet, but you look beautiful in your robe," he says adjusting the top of my robe as it had begun falling off my shoulder. "I do look good in everything I wear," I say flipping my hair for the dramatics. "Yes you do," he says before bringing me in for a kiss.

"I really need to go before the guys start calling," he says once he pulls away. "And I really need to go back to the girls before they come looking for me," I say before placing my hand on top of his that is placed on my cheek. "Be careful on your drive back to the hotel and don't forget to text me that you made it safe," I say as he walks to his car. "I will, I love you," He calls out. "I love you too," I say before he gets in his car and drives away.

Starting tomorrow there will be no more fiancé, it will be husband and wife. I smile at that thought.

•••

"Has the hairdresser for my mom arrived yet," I ask Holland before she could walk past me. "She just started doing her hair ten minutes ago," she says before putting away her phone and I nod, but not too much as to not mess up the makeup artist. "Thank you," I say and she nods.

"Don't worry y/n, everything is fine. You have several girls making sure everything goes well tonight," she says and I nod again.

"Wait, are my flowers here?" I ask and she shakes her head. "They're not here yet, but I already called and they should be here in the next fifteen minutes. If they aren't I'll drive there myself," she says and I sigh. "Before you can even ask the photographer will be here in about an hour, which is enough time for us to finish getting ready," she says and I give her a thumbs up. "Sounds good," I say and she nods before walking away.

"Nervous?" My makeup artist asks and I sigh. "A little. I'm excited to marry the man I love but I'm nervous that something will go wrong," I say as my anxiety begins to worsen as I start balling up the ends of my shorts. "If there is anything I've learned in my fifteen years in this industry, is that something almost always goes wrong." She says and I look at her shocked, was that supposed to calm me down.

"But just because something goes wrong doesn't mean the whole night is ruined. You need to move past what did go wrong and enjoy what went right," she says and I nod. "Thank you," I smile. "What is the worst you've seen happen at a wedding?" I ask her as I try to make conversation. "The mother of the groom showed up in a white dress," she says and I roll my eyes. "I'm happy that I can say my future mother-in-law will not be doing so," I smile knowing the worst she's seen happen will not be happening to us.

"You two get along?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah, with his whole family thankfully. That was actually my biggest fear when I first met his family," I say. "Not getting along?" She asks and I nod. "It happened with someone close to me and I've seen how it affects a person, I didn't want to live through that," I pause taking a deep breath as to calm my nerves.

"But then I met his mom and she was so kind and so welcoming. Then she introduced me to her husband and her daughter, and just a few seconds after meeting them my fears had been washed away," I smile at her remembering the day Dylan first took me to his childhood home.

It was Easter that day, so his whole family was there along with family friends. It was nerve wracking at first until one of his younger cousins accidentally spilled lemonade all over Dylan's shirt. The laughs that followed afterwards were enough to get me to relax.

"I'm glad to hear it," she smiles as she swipes a bit of blush on my cheekbones before stepping back. "And you'll be happy to hear that you're makeup is done," she says as she sets down her brushes and hands me a mirror. "And so is your hair," my hairdresser says from behind me and I smile. I take a look in the mirror and I see my makeup was just how I asked, natural but there and enhancing my features. My hair was slightly up as it had a small updo that gave the top of my hair natural volume and the rest my hair was down in curls.

"Let's just put your veil on and you can go off to get dressed," the lady says as she begins placing the veil on my head where I wanted it and attaching it with my headpiece.

"Y/N, the photographer is here. He's asking if you still want the picture with all your bridesmaids in our 'bridesmaid' and 'bride' robes," Vere says as she walks in with my mom behind her. "Yes, I do," I say not turning to look at her so I don't mess up my veil.

"Okay, I'll go tell him," she says before walking out of the room.

"y/n, te miras hermosa (you look beautiful)," my mom says as she walks over to me. I look up at her to see tears brimming her eyes. "Mamá, no llores porque después voy a llorar yo (Mom, don't cry because then I'm going to cry)," I say to her as I clean up the tears threatening to fall with the napkin the makeup artist handed me. "I'll try," she says before bringing me in for a hug. "I love you y/n, you make a beautiful bride," she whispers to me. "I love you too mamá," I say.

"Just wait until your dad sees you," she says pulling away so I can stand. "He's going to cry when he sees you, I bet your brother will too," she says and I laugh. "I'm sure dad will, but y/b/n will probably be excited I'm finally getting married," I say before thanking the makeup artist and hairdresser one more time before walking to the living room to see the girls.

"You look so beautiful!" Crystal says as soon as she spots me, grabbing the attention of the rest of the girls before they begin agreeing. "Thank you," I say to them. "This is all starting to feel really real," I say as I look at myself in the mirror hanging in the living room. "I can't wait for Dylan to see you," Holland says walking over to me. "I can't wait to see him," I say laughing at thought of the boys still probably in bed.

"Has anyone called to check if they're out of bed? A little birdie told me they were getting drunk last night," I say and Shelley waves her phone at us. "Already called they're about to head out to take some pictures before going to the church," she says and we nod.

"Speaking of pictures, let's take our pictures so we can go get dressed," Vere says and we walk over to the photographer.

The photographer took a couple of pictures with us in our robes before he told them they could go get dressed. He then took a couple of solo pictures of myself, which was pretty awkward as I've never been good at solo pictures. He then took a couple of pictures of my mom and I before I went to go get dressed.

It took us about fifteen minutes to get me into my dress as my mom and two of the girls helped me get in there. Crystal and Shelley made sure my train didn't get caught on anything while we were busy getting my dress on.

"Why did I want such a long train?" I ask out loud as we begin walking to the living room where the photographer and videographer will capture my brother and then my dad's first look at me in my wedding dress.

"At least you were smart enough to get a detachable train," Vere says from behind me. "Let's be happy she chose a cathedral length train instead of monarch length," Shelley laughs and so do I. "If I'm being honest here, if the church was big enough, I probably would have gotten the monarch length," I shake my head at the thought. "Thank goodness you love dancing, that's the only reason you got a detachable train so you can go down to chapel length," Holland sighs as we reach the living room.

"Thank goodness for that," I smile as I look at my brother who is facing the front door so his back is to us. "I'm guessing you're ready?" He asks looking up at the roof. The girls and my mom step aside so it's only my brother and I in the cameras view. "Yeah, I'm ready," I nod as I hold my bouquet of babies breath in my hands.

He turns around but has his eyes closed tightly. "You need to open your eyes if you want to see me," I laugh but he shakes his head. "I don't think I'm ready," he says and I walk closer to him. "You're ready," I whisper to him as I grab his right hand in mine. Slowly, he opens his eyes as he takes a look at me.

"You actually look pretty for once," he laughs and so do I as I hug him tightly. "I love you," I whisper to him. "I love you too," he says before pulling apart, "of course you got a dress with a long train," he adds looking behind me at the long train that leads to the entrance of the kitchen. "I've been talking to you about my dream wedding dress since I was in middle school, you should know this by know," I smile at him.

"If you guys are ready, we can bring out your dad so we can do the first look?" The photographer asks and I nod. My mom brings my dad out from inside the media room covering his eyes. I step back a bit so there's space between us and she turns him so his back is towards me.

"Whenever you're ready," the photographer says and we nod. The only thing is, is that I don't think I'm ready. My dad begins to turn around but unlike my brother, he turns with eyes open. His soft brown eyes now red from the tears brimming his eyes. "You look exactly like your mom did the day of our wedding," he says and I shake my head as I try to get rid of my tears. "You look beautiful mija," he says as he walks over to me pulling me in for a hug.

"Thank you papá," I whisper as I couldn't trust myself to speak any louder without breaking down. "Are you ready?" I ask him and he shakes his head. "The say you were born I knew I would never be ready to walk you down the isle, but if you're ready, I'll be there every step of the way," he says before planting a kiss at the top of my head. "I love you papá," I finally cry out the tears that were dancing around my eyes. "I love you too mija, I love you too," he whispers as his silent tears drop to ground.

"Come on, there's no need for that. We all know she'll be calling us every day," my brothers says as he brings us some tissue to wipe away our tears.

"We should get going unless you want Dylan to think you're leaving him at the altar," Crystal says as she shows us the time on her phone. We all nod as we start heading out the door. I had three girls in the back caring for my train and two helping me out the front of the door. My mom was already waiting by the car making sure nothing was in the way so I could easily step inside the car.

Vere was first to step inside the car, so she could help me put the front of the dress inside the car, and I was followed by my mom so she could help pull the rest of the dress inside. The rest of the girls made sure the dress didn't get caught by the door before closing it and hoping in their rental car.

"Okay let's go," my mom says to my dad who was sitting in the drivers seat. He nods and begins pulling out of the drive way and heading towards the church.

"What if I trip?" I ask out loud as I start to get nervous, my social anxiety kicking it. So many people are gonna be watching. "If you keep thinking about it, you will," Vere says trying as she checks how far away we are from the church. "I think I forgot to put in perfume," I say as I begin to check if I smell. "You didn't, but I brought your favorite perfume in case you needed more later on," she says as she hands me the perfume as I spray myself once more.

"Y/n, you did and have everything. You don't have to be nervous, just think about him," my mom says to me and I nod. Just think about Dylan.

I feel the car come to a stop and I look over to see we're here. I think I'm gonna start freaking out again. My brother and my dad hop out of the car as they walk into the church.

"Did they just leave us behind?" I ask my mom and Vere. "No, they'll be back. They have to let them know you're here," my mom says and I nod. "Don't you remember? You were the one that did this at my wedding," Vere says before I remember the day I walked into the church letting them know Vere had arrived. "Oh yeah I remember, it was a crazy day," I say as I watch my dad and brother walking back towards us.

"They said we can start lining up now," my dad says as he opens the car door and helping my mom out. Vere walks out from the other side of the car to help with the dress. The girls had the train in their hands and my dad and my brother helped me step out of the car.

The bridesmaids and groomsmen began lining up in front of my dad and I in the order Dylan and I had already decided. Holland and Vere fixed my train making sure it was straight as my mom made sure my veil was still on right. Once everything was done and music for the bridal party started everyone stepped into the church as the doors closed behind the last couple.

"Are you still nervous?" My dad asks as he grabs my hand in preparation to walk down the isle. I shake my head at his question. "More excited than nervous," I say sending him a comforting smile. "I'm glad to hear it," he says right as the song begins playing again, signaling it's our turn. "Okay I'm nervous now," I say as the doors begin to open. "No remember, 'more excited than nervous,'" my dad says throwing my previous words back at me and I nod.

I turn towards the doors as they're opened wide for us to enter. My eyes quickly spot Dylan at the end of isle in his black suit. He's wearing a waist coat! Dylan knows how much I love it when he wears a waist coat under his suit.

I smile at him before my dad gives me a gentle squeeze mentally asking if I'm ready, and I nod. We start walking down the isle and I actually feel calmer than I have all morning. Seeing Dylan right in front of me in his handsome suit, his eyes shinning from the tears he was holding back. I'm trying my hardest not to blink so much because if I blink anymore, I know my tears will start to fall.

We finally reach the end of the isle as Dylan walks down the steps to meet us. He smiles at me flaunting his gorgeous dimples. My dad places my hand on Dylan's giving me one more look before looking at Dylan.

"As much as I want to threaten you about treating her well, I know you will. Just, don't prove me wrong," he says to Dylan giving him a stern look. "I wouldn't dream of it," Dylan says holding my fathers gaze before looking at me. My father walks over to my mom to take a seat as Dylan and I step up towards the steps as we kneel at the altar. "The days finally here," Dylan whispers to me as he helps me kneel in front of the altar. "It sure is," I smile happily excited to finally be able to call him my husband.

•••

Forty-five minutes could not have felt longer.

As soon as the priest spoke the words "you may now kiss the bride," Dylan and I couldn't wait any longer as the priest had barely finished his sentence when Dylan was already bringing me in for a kiss. He was my husband and I was his wife. I'm a wife. I am married.

"We're married," I say excitedly as I bring him in for another kiss. "We're married," he nods with an excitement that matches my own. We kiss one more time before pulling apart to face our guests. Our exit song began to play as we begin exiting the church.

We exit the chapel as chorus of cheers follow us.

"To a new chapter in our lives," Dylan says as he gazes into my eyes. "To a new chapter," I say as we kiss once more.

••

Our reception will be one I never forget, I don't think anyone could top ours. Maybe I say that because it's our wedding, or maybe I say it because it's the truth.

After taking several pictures we arrived at our reception hungry, even after stopping at McDonalds to get some large fries and my strawberry banana smoothie. I did have to wait in the car since it would have been a hassle to get me out and then back into the car. Although it was funny seeing girls mob Dylan as they took pictures with him before he kindly excused himself.

Although it was embarrassing to me, it was hilarious to Dylan when he surprised me by actually inviting Sebastian Stan to our wedding and he showed up. When I asked how he contacted him all he said was "connections, connections" with his iconic goofy grin. I could barely get a full sentence out when Dylan brought me over to where Sebastian was sitting but when he pointed out that he was sitting with the rest of the avengers cast I could hardly contain myself.

If there was anything I obsessed over more than Teen Wolf, it the Marvel cinematic universe and the Harry Potter universe. So knowing that Robert Downey Jr. aka Iron Man was at my wedding, acknowledging my existence, it was hard for my inner fan to stay contained. So yes, I was embarrassed beyond comprehension as Dylan laughed beside me, although saving me in the end.

I think I fell more in love with Dylan when he brought me into the changing room meant for the bride to hand me a gift.

"We were supposed to give each other gifts?" I ask Dylan as he closes the door behind him. I had already detached my train so my train was now a lot more manageable. "No, but I saw this the other day and I couldn't help myself." He says as he sat me down on the couch. "At first I wasn't sure if you were ready but then you kept talking about it for so long that I just knew, you were ready," he says as he stood before me and I nod confused. "Ready for what exactly?" I asked him as we hear a knock at the door.

"Close your eyes," he says and I nod.

I close my eyes and place my hands over them as I didn't trust myself not to peek. I hear the door open before it was closed once again. I hear the soft sound of his footsteps as he walks back over to where I saw on the couch. The sound of something being dragged on the floor made me anxious to know what it was he had gotten me. "Now?" I ask impatiently before feeling a sudden shift in the couch as he sat next to me.

"Okay you can open them," he says and I quickly pull my hands away from my eyes as I first see an empty cardboard box in front of me. That explains the dragging noise I heard before. I turn to my right to see Dylan holding a German Shepherd puppy in his arms.

"You didn't," I say to him as I look at him and back down at the puppy. "I did," he says with a cautious smile. "Can I hold it?" I ask him and he nods quickly. "But let me wrap him in something in case he pees," he says and I smile at how much he worries about me ruining my dress.

"It's a boy?" I question as he hands me the puppy wrapped in a blanket. "Yeah, I remember for the past few months you've been talking about us getting a make German Shepherd puppy. You see I pay attention," he says as he places his arm behind me on the couch. "I especially listen when you talk to me when you think I'm already asleep," he says and I blush embarrassed at all those times I've spoken to him or about him in his sleep. 

"Why would you let me embarrass myself like that," I gasp before slapping him softly in the arm. "Hey, I thought it was adorable. Plus it helped me find out what gifts to get you for your birthday and Christmas," he smiles smugly. "What should we name him?" I ask as I pet the sleeping puppy in my arms.

"Achilles," he says earning him a look from me. "Too long," I say as I look down at the puppy. "Bucky?" He says and I shake my head. "I'll be thinking about the winter soldier," I say. "Aslan?" I ask but he shakes his head. "He definitely gives me a fighters vibe but I don't think Alana fits him," he says and I nod.

"Ace," he says and I nod excited. "Oh yes, I like that one," I say as I turn to look at Dylan. "Ace it is," he says as he lifts Ace from my lap and places him in the box. He places a tray with puppy food and water down in the box before sitting back down.

"We should head back now," he says and I nod. "Can we bring Ace with us on our honeymoon?" I ask Dylan but he shakes his head. "I would love to but they wouldn't allow us to do that," he says and I give him a questioning look. "Who is 'they'?" I ask him. He was about to speak before he quickly shuts his mouth shaking his head pointing his finger at me.

"You almost had me, but no. I am not telling you, you'll find out tomorrow," he says and I pout. "Fine," I say. This past month I've been trying to find out what and where our honeymoon will be as Dylan wants it to be a surprise. He even packed my suit case for me and asked my mom to get things I might need just so he wouldn't risk spoiling the surprise for me. The only people that know where we're going are him, my mom, and his mom as he says they're the only people he knows would not tell me no matter how much I begged.

"Since you already gave me your present it's only fair I give you mine," I say standing up to walk over to a long bag containing his present. "I thought you said you didn't know we were giving each other gifts?" He says as he was watches me pick up his gift. "Correct, I didn't know were giving each other gifts that doesn't mean I didn't get you one," I say as I place the bag in front of him. "Has that been there the whole time?" He asks looking up at me and then at the spot where the present originally was.

"Yeah, when we first stepped inside we were too busy making out for you to notice," I shrug. "Oh yeah I remember that," he smiles proudly before grabbing the present from my hands. "What is it?" He asks as he begins pulling to the gift paper. "Open it and you will see," I say as I sit back down next to him.

He pulls out a long cardboard box and places it on the couch before reaching back into the bag for the small cube shaped box.

"What is this?" He questions again as he starts removing the tape. He pulls out the bat as he begins to thank me before he could even spot what made the bat so special. "Don't thank me yet, you haven't even seen the best part," I say as I turn the bat in his hands pointing out the signature. "No you didn't," he says as he brings the bat in for closer inspection. "I did," I cheer happily.

"How?" He asks as he looks at the signature in disbelief. "David Wright is retired I don't even know how to get his signature," he says as he glides his fingers over his signature and I shrug. "I may or may not have reached out to your manager asking for a bit of help," I say as I hand him the next box.

"So you're telling me all this time I could have just asked her and I could've had a signed baseball bat from Wright?" He asks in disbelief and I nod. He quickly opens up the next box and pulling out a baseball signed by Wright. "I love you, I love you, I love you," he says bringing me in for several kisses. "You're the best, did you know that?" He says and I nod. "Of course I did, but you can continue to remind me," I say pulling him in for another kiss.

"I want to stay with you all night, but we have to leave early for tomorrow's trip. It would be rude of us if we stayed here all night and then leave early," he says pulling apart before placing his stuff back in the bag and helping me up. "Fine, let's go," I pout. "I thought you loved dancing?" He asks me as we walk out of the changing room and back downstairs with our guests. "Of course I do, but that couch was comfortable," I say as we walk down the stairs.

"You find every couch comfortable," he says but I disagree with him. "That's not true, remember that one grey couch we saw at Ashley's home and furniture? That one was very uncomfortable and itchy," I say as walk over to the dance floor but not before sending smiles and small waves at people as we walk past. "Okay, every couch but that one," he laugh and I smile finally agreeing. "For now you're right," I say before we continue to dance for the rest of the night.

•••

"This is our honeymoon?" I ask as we begin unloading our luggage from the car. "Yep, are you surprised," he says and I nod. "I don't know how I didn't think about this. All my guesses were so far off," I say as we lock the car and begin making our way to the line to drop off our luggage.

"So where is it taking us?" I ask him as we wait in the line. "We're going to Haiti, Puerto Rico, Philipsburg in St. Maarten, Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas, the Bahamas, and then back here," he lists off the places according to the itinerary as we begin to board the ship.

"So we're back to where it all started," I say as I look around at the cruise ship. "That was the plan," he says letting his gaze travel along the ship before bringing them back to me. "Do you like it?" He asks and I nod happily. "I love that you brought us back to where we first met for our honeymoon, and the fact that's it's the same ship is incredible," I say as I recognize the parts of the boat we've already been to.

"This I where we sat to watch the sunrise," Dylan says as he walks over to the empty bench. "Our almost first kiss," I smile remembering the screams of the teenage girls causing us to break apart and run towards the dormitories. "We can always finish it now that we're back," he smirks and I playfully roll my eyes. "I am not kissing you in front of all these people," I say as I look at the crowd of people. "You say that like if we haven't kissed in front of a large crowd, literally yesterday," he laughs as do I as he makes a great point.

"You make a good point," I smile as I pull him closer to me as his arm naturally wraps around my waist. "When do I not," he whispers against my lips and I hum. "It's half and half," I say before he finally presses his lips against mine.

"But if we really want to go where it all started we need to go to the water slides," I say as we pull apart. "Ah yes, the water slides. The place where I unknowingly met my future wife, a woman who clumsily slipped and hurt herself in the children's water slides." He teases me. "Remind me what it was you were saying to yourself before you slipped?" He smiles clearly remembering what I had said.

"I was saying 'Ha, I laugh at the face of danger,'" I say mimicking the tone and what I remember to be my facial expressions in the moment I said that. "And why was it you said that?" He continues as we continue walking to the slides. "Because I was skipping near the waterslides even though I knew I could probably slip," I smile at my idiocy. "But I still hold to this day that I would have been fine if you wouldn't have distracted me," I say pointedly at him.

"In that case, I'm glad I distracted you that day because it led us to where we are now," he says as we reach the waterslides, my eyes falling on the spot I slipped and fell that day several years ago.

"I'm glad you distracted me too."
—————————————————————
Chapter 50 is now complete!

This marks the end of several years of writing this book. This does conclude the book but I am planning on writing an epilogue for anyone who would like to read it. Thank you to everyone that has given this book a chance and got past my cringy first couple of chapters and got to see the writing style develop more. I hope I was able to give you all a conclusion you all could enjoy!

I guess I can no longer say "till next chapter," but I can say "till the epilogue"

I hope you all have a nice day, week, month, and year!

Stay safe!

Till the epilogue
    -M

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 968 32
Y/n is best friends with none other than Tom Holland and Harrison Osterfield. Tom and y/n, however, have a special connection that neither are brave...
686K 33.9K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
219K 2.6K 16
. โ•ญโ”€ ยท ยท ยท โ–ฌโ–ญโ–ฌโ–ญโ–ฌโ–ญโ–ฌโ–ญ ใƒ‘ใƒ‹ใƒƒใ‚ฏ โ–ธ โ™ก"โ‡ข ๊—ƒ ใใฎ่‰ฒใŒๅค‰ใ‚ใ‚‹ๅบฆๅƒ•ใฏ โดฐ โดฐ ๏ธถ .๊’ท ๐—ช๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐˜พ๐™Š๐— ๐—˜ ๐—ง๐™Š ๐—•๐—ง๐™Ž โ‡ฒ...
1.2M 46.9K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...