RENEW [DREAMLINQUENT TRILOGY...

By dreamquisite

❝ I'm still in charge so better behave, baby ❞ A story of a former mafia underboss and his not so ordinary s... More

RENEW
PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
EPILOGUE
-rewind-

22

5.3K 272 28
By dreamquisite

"We don't even know what would go wrong," Hana sighed, biting the ice cream cone she's holding. "Either way, we don't know if something's going right."

Mark worriedly glanced at her and gazed back at the openly wide river. The bridge is slowly filled with lights, while the sky is turning dark, yet numerous people are still out and laughing.

For these moments, Mark would always imagine himself as a young adult with a normal life.

Where he'll rant about his day of school, drop on his bed as if there's no assignments to do, wake up late, and blame the alarm for not waking him up on time.

Or on weekends, where he will either set them as his hibernation days or spend crazy time with friends.

And honestly, it went on for two years. It came true for those years. But where is he right now?

He came back to who he used to be.

A hidden figure.

"What are we supposed to do, Mark?"

The male fully shifted to her, ice cream long gone on his tummy, yet hers was still in her grip.

"Should I stop?" her voice cracked at the last word. "I think I'm just selfish."

Mark sighed and pulled her to his hold. The sweet desert was discarded and ignored on the green grasses.

Hana cried and cried on his chest. His face was blank yet filled with sadness.

Mark is the type to not step down and carry on what he started, yet he didn't want to influence the girl, as it is dangerous.

It's dangerous.

He rested his chin on the crown of her head.

"I'll listen to your decision, Hana. I'll be with you either way." he whispered.

"No, I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't"

"Yeah, not with my own hands, but my decision to take down CiX will hurt you. They would torture you."

"No, they won't."

Hana whimpered and hit his chest, yet it was never painful.

"You don't know what they can do."

"Then..." Mark pursed his lips tight for a moment. "Do you want to stop?"

"No," she answered without hesitation. "I became who I am now because of them, right? Then I'll show them. Even if they're gone, I'll show them."

"Then is it really what you want?" He pulled away and cupped her cheeks, gently lifting it for her to face him.

"Baby, is that what you want?" he repeats.

"Yes..."

Mark smiled and wiped her tears. "Then I'll be with you."

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"No buts"

"But—" yet a pair of lips quickly shut her up, and she was then greeted with a genuine smile.

"I told you... no buts." he lightly chuckled, but then smirked a moment later.

"Unless..." he trailed and teasingly moved closer, "you want a kiss."

"I'll shout rape."

Mark can only laugh and raise his hands in surrender, then bend back, his hands now on the ground, supporting his weight.

The sky is getting prettier every minute. There's no doubt that you won't ever get sick of Hangang Park. Mark would advertise it for hours if he needed to.

But did it become prettier because he's with someone else?

Someone... he could rely on?

Someone... he would call it his?

"You know..." he started, and the girl just hummed, "This is one of my bucket lists."

"What is?"

"Chilling on the nightscape... with someone you knew you could be with for life? Someone... really and officially destined to be with me?"

Hana curiously watched him as he raised his right arm, gazing at both the black linings of his wrist and the silver stars above.

"It's beautiful. Why didn't I notice it before?"

"Because you're probably just walking in here, ranting about how I hurt you."

Mark chuckled and craned his head to her, surprised as she's already looking with a smile.

"You... you're right... but wrong either," he flicked her forehead which she yelled. "I'm worried about my soulmate. Like, how the fuck would they hurt themselves every day? I can barely count the days where I feel perfectly fine."

"Didn't it cross your mind? Like your soulmate is possibly on an abused roof, or they're just troublemakers, or even criminals? Like they're in an illegal group or something?"

"Hmmm it did. But the first one," he sighed, "I wish I could know where you are. What caused your pain? Is your family physically abusing you? But I know the feeling of being beaten up and being pierced by a bullet."

Hana's eyes widened. "But you still didn't look for me?"

"I did silly. But how would I have a trace? There's none. This system is actually dumb. Like, how the fuck would you know your soulmate without an inch of a hint?"

"Just go with the flow."

"Destiny destiny will always find a way," they accidentally chorused, causing them to look shocked.

"Taeyong is always telling me that." Hana beamed.

"I got it from Hyuck." Mark replied, and they both laughed.

Then they stopped in silence, just gazing at the new stars that showed up while embracing the chilly night air.

"I think I really like you, Hana," the male suddenly blurt out. "I think I'm really ready to spend my remaining years with you."

"Gosh, stop it. You sound like an old romantic."

"Oh, do I need to make it sound cool?"

Mark cleared his throat and faced her, placing a hand on her shoulder while staring deep into her eyes.

"Be with me."

"Well n–"

"That's not even a question," he darkly said and grinned. "And you're going to accept it without a choice."

Hana just responded with a chuckle and nodded, staring back at him with the same tension.

"I think I really like you too, Mark."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 54.1K 78
» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞
370K 15.7K 32
❝Run when you can, sweetheart❞ He's the danger but his fire is a soft cloth of embrace around her. ▂ ❗️ viewer discretion is advised may include: exp...
82K 3.5K 24
🔑 nct lee haechan soulmate fanfiction ❝ why do you keep staring at me? do you want to make out with me? ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: july 4, 2021 published:...
1.3M 38.3K 67
"I'm not the kind of person you can play with." A story of a cold-hearted and vicious mafia boss who finally meet his soulmate. Will he change and op...