ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇ...

By Mrs_Galliard

ɴᴀɴᴀsᴛᴜ ɴᴏ ᴛᴀɪᴢᴀɪ "ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴀs ɢᴏɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴡᴇʟʟ..." "ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ?" "ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ᴅᴏ... More

𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧
𝐏𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐅𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐀 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧
𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐕𝐨𝐢𝐝.
𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫
𝐀 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥
𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐈𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮"
𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫
𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬
𝐂𝐞𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲...𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫."

𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐭

339 11 7
By Mrs_Galliard

"Time...travel?" King uttered.

"Yes. I know it sounds impossible, but I've stuff about it over the years." Elizabeth explained. Merlin thought about it for a moment.

"Alright then. But let's say we decided to go back in time. If we did, what would we even do? Or how would it even work?" Merlin spoke. Elizabeth stayed silent.

"Well..."

"One of us can go back in time. After all, one should be enough." Elizabeth explained.

"We can go back to our pasts selfs and tell them exactly what to do," Elizabeth added. Merlin nodded.

"But then...what would happen to us?" Hawk asked.

"If one of us from the past actually decides to listen to us and change the past, then everything from the future will change," Elizabeth explained.

"So if I went back to tell my old self to not make a deal with the demon king, and to not pressure Meliodas about my past lives, everything would be different!"

"..."

"Very well. But one last question." Merlin said. Elizabeth rose a brow.

"What day in the past will you be returning to?"

"..."

"The night..." Elizabeth began.

"We took in a Ten Commandment."

...

Meliodas sat up in bed quickly as he struggled and began gasping for air. He looked around the slightly dark bedroom when he noticed he was safe. He was fine. Safe and sound in bed. He looked towards the window, now shining its beautiful moonlight into the bedroom.

Meliodas had just woken up from a horrific nightmare. Meliodas tried to recall what he had just seen. But he couldn't remember. All he remembered was lying in bed silently while speaking with Zeldris from time to time as he continued watching him for some reason. The next thing he knew, he had awoken from his horrid dream.

Meliodas looked to the side only to find Zeldris sleeping quietly farther away from him. Meliodas knew the bed was huge, but would Zeldris really consider sleeping all the way towards the edge leaving a huge gap between them?

Perhaps Zeldris was the type of person to shift around when sleeping, causing him to drift away from Meliodas. But Meliodas knew that wasn't the case.

Meliodas felt a sudden pain rushing through his head. He couldn't bear the pain. He held his head in his hands trying to block out the pain. And the terrifying screaming in his head. All the bad thoughts and visions. He couldn't take it!

He began wondering if these were memories. But that didn't sound right. He should've gotten all of them by now. Unless they were being given to him...

Meliodas continued groaning in pain as he then began gritting his teeth and gripped the pillow in front of him that Zeldris had thrown at him earlier.

He then felt a warm hand touch his face. He paused. He looked up with small teardrops falling from his eyes and was greeted by green ones. Green eyes that had a look of concern on them...

"..."

The room was silent.

Zeldris's eyes had glimmered under the moonlight as he watched Meliodas trembling in front of him. The light hadn't reached his eyes for some reason.

Without hesitation, Meliodas hurried his face into Zeldris's chest, shocking the both of them. Zeldris twitched in embarrassment but eventually, and very slowly, wrapped his arms around his elder brother in a confronting way.

"It's...gonna be okay. I'm sorry if it hurts but...just focus on me. Not the pain. Pretend the only thing you can hear is...my words." Zeldris assured the other.

Zeldris sighed in relief when he felt Meliodas calmed down slightly. Zeldris began realizing something...

He had always wanted something like this to happen.

Not in the exact position. However, Zeldris always wished Meliodas had shown him affection like this whenever Zeldris used to have nightmares and what so ever.

After a few minutes, Zeldris felt that Meliodas had finally calmed down. However, when he pulled away he saw that Meliodas had fallen asleep...

"Great...he fell asleep." Zeldris sighed. He knew this was the last day. He could die at any given moment. As long as he stays away from Elizabeth for the day, he might make it through today before...dying.

Zeldris shook his head, attempting to remove the terrible thought from his head. Slowly, he laid Meliodas back down, making sure his head had been resting on the pillow. Zeldris watched him for a second before looking away.

He didn't understand.

Did he forgive him or not?

...

It was early in the morning. Probably around 2 am. The sun hadn't come up yet, and the sound of crickets continued.

Merlin sat at a table in front of Elizabeth inside of the tavern. Everyone else had been upstairs sleeping peacefully. Elizabeth sat across Merlin in silence as she waited for Merlin to continue their conversation. Merlin wanted to clarify Elizabeth's plan and make sure she knew what she was doing.

"So, you want to go back in time the night we took Zeldris into the tavern. Is that correct princess?" Merlin said. Elizabeth nodded.

"Yes. Then I plan to speak to myself from the past and convince her into getting Meliodas and Zeldris closer together. As well as stopping myself from regaining my memories and swapping my curse." Elizabeth confirmed. Merlin nodded.

"I see. Lastly, how will you even begin?" Merlin asked. Elizabeth froze.

She lifted her finger and tapped the earring that was placed on her ear causing it to shine slightly due to the moonlight.

"My father told me about this earring being magical. He said it's able to take people back in time." Elizabeth explained. Merlin rose a brow.

"And if it doesn't work?" Merlin questioned. Elizabeth sighed.

"Then we prepare for the worse."

...

The sun was out. The crickets were gone, and the birds were out. It was another one of those extremely hot days. The day that no one could stand.

Zeldris had awoken earlier than usual since he was no longer able to sleep. He continued thinking about what Meliodas could've been hiding from him. But he just couldn't place his finger on it.

For some odd reason, Gowther showed up out of nowhere around the middle of the night. Gowther was told to tell Zeldris about their plans to break the curse. Every time Zeldris gave a question, or concern about it, Gowther was able to answer all of them. After Gowther had left, Zeldris was left alone with his thoughts. He had nothing else to do. He couldn't just watch Meliodas sleep all day.

Zeldris wondered to himself if he felt empathy for his brother. Just like what Elizabeth asked him sixteen years ago at Meliodas's funeral.

And the answer was yes.

Did he forgive his brother?

Did he forgive him for betraying his own kind for a woman?

The answer...

Was no.

Zeldris dreaded the moment when he had to head over to the tavern. Probably to get this curse over with. He had to act fast. Meliodas could die at any moment.

Once Meliodas had awakened, he found himself being carried out of the castle on someone's back.

"..."

"Zeldris? What's going on?" Meliodas questioned. Zeldris jumped slightly in surprise.

"Oh.., you're awake? That's good to know." Zeldris responded, avoiding Meliodas's question.

"I know you should still be resting but...this is important," Zeldris added. Meliodas sighed and rested his head against Zeldris's shoulder and looked down at the trail Zeldris was walking on.

Zeldris finally made it to the tavern where he was greeted by the remaining sins. They had been sitting silently at different tables, probably waiting for their arrival.

"Uh...I got him." Zeldris spoke. Meliodas rose a brow.

"What's going on?" Meliodas questioned.

"Don't worry about it!" Diane exclaimed.

"We're going to attempt to remove your curse. That's all." King said. Meliodas got off Zeldris's back and stood by the door not know what to do.

"We should hurry up now. Anything could happen." Escanor reminded Elizabeth. Elizabeth nodded.

"Alright. Merlin, bring the book. You're all gonna have to repeat these words." Elizabeth explained. Everyone nodded.

Merlin placed a normal-sized book on the table. It looked like something from the castle's library. Elizabeth began flipping through the book looking for the right page. Then she finally found it. A page with a well-drawn picture of the earring she was wearing.

Elizabeth scanned her eyes over the two pages looking for the right information that she needed.

Then she found it.

To go back in time.

Elizabeth sighed and took a deep breath. She looked up at the others and noticed they all their eyes on her.

"Alright, everyone. Repeat after me."

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 796 11
(Y/n), the eldest child of the Purgatorian Queen, has been sealed away in the treacherous lands she was born in along with her younger brother and he...
83.2K 2.7K 45
𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠
81.4K 3K 20
A male that wears a mask even in battle. One that Mimics everything he doesn't and thinks he needs. One that unconsciously hides his true self withou...
1.1K 22 16
John Laurens x Alexander Hamilton Probably slow burn but not too much "You were right, we're better as friends" Modern College AU Plz don't steal m...