Abandoned

Av NoraGrande

"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa... Mer

Prologue
Chapter 1: Losing it
Chapter 2: Afterwards
Chapter 3: Two Weeks Later
Chapter 4: Meeting Chris Again
Chapter 5: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Relationship Dramas
Chapter 8: Bad Signs
Chapter 9: Rejected
Chapter 10: Loss
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Embarrassment (Part 2)
Chapter 12: Flashbacks
Chapter 13: Goodbye Loved Ones
Chapter 14: Depression
Chapter 15: Back to Normal?
Chapter 16: "Mom..."
Chapter 17: Stuck
Chapter 18: Confess
Chapter 19: Unnoticed
Chapter 20: Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Such a Spender
Chapter 22: 'Unforced' Kisses
Chapter 23: Birthday Gone Wrong
Chapter 24: New Life
Chapter 25: Dinner Reservation
Chapter 27: Secret Plan
Chapter 28: Couldn't Let You Go
Chapter 29: Reconnecting
Chapter 30: Welcome Home
Chapter 31: One Night Only
Chapter 32: Twins
Chapter 33: One Week Suspension
Chapter 34: Back to School
Chapter 35: A Day Before Prom
Chapter 36: You're Leaving?
Chapter 37: No Time Left
AUTHOR'S NOTE
HAPPY ENDING + EPILOGUE
SAD ENDING + EPILOGUE
A Spin-Off Book Related to Abandoned
Extra Chapter: Christmas' Special

Chapter 26: Separated

25.2K 561 14
Av NoraGrande

-Melissa's POV-

It's been two months since I last saw him. But, a few days ago, I get to see him again. For the very very last time, this time for real. Why? Well, we just finalized our divorce documents and now, I'm officially single but the weird thing is that I'm also pregnant... With his child. So it's hard to not think about him. I know that both of us still love each other but because of one stupid mistake, this shit happens. I don't really know what I'm gonna do for this seven months. All I can do is take care of my own self and focus on my upcoming examinations.

Talking about studies, right now I'm in a local library, studying with the usual people - James, Olivia and Oliver. The twins still doesn't know that I'm re-pregnant and the divorce. I still wanted to keep it as a secret as I don't want to feel worried over me and ended up failing their examinations. So throughout the whole study date, I've been quiet to prevent myself spluttering out the secrets without me noticing it. I just prayed that they will not ask me about him but just about studies. But, I was wrong.

"Lissa, you've been so quiet. What's up with ya?" Oliver started questioning me while doing some research on his MacBook about 'Fair Trade Cocoa'. I quickly think of an answer and then answered him as soon as possible to prevent suspicion.

"Well, it's a library and I don't have any problems with my homework." I answered him, tapping my pen on the wooden table. I started to have cold sweat and I don't know why. I guess that I'm just too scared that they might ask me about him. And I was right. Olivia started asking me about him.

"So, since you are quiet, let's make a convo. How's Chris?" She bubbly said it. I swallowed a gulp. I just kept quiet and I ignored them. James, whom is sitting beside me, knew that I'm having a hard time coping over the recent problems. So he decided to do the talking.

"Melissa is not in a good shape right now. She uhh.." He trailed off, finding a suitable word to continue.

"She...?" Oliver gave him a concern look. Olivia also looked at him with her right eyebrow raised. He sighed and just explain the situation short and simple.

"Chris and her just got divorce. What makes her more sad is that she's carrying his child... Again." The news eventually shocked them both. As expected. I rested my head on the table, trying to get off the past when she divorced with Chris a few days ago. I closed her eyes and a few seconds later, she dozed off.

•FLASHBACK•

"Do you still want to continue this segment?" The judge asked my soon-no-longer-husband. I looked down, tears still flowing. I just couldn't control it. I just have to let it go. I waited for his answer to the judge. I keep on hoping that he said the two-letter word, NO. But I was wrong... After the damn long tension, he had made his decision. He choose the three-letter word instead of the two-letter word. Because of that, I started to cry more. James, Chris' parents and of course, the paparazzi are here to witness the separation of us, both. I don't know whether I can cry anymore. I feel that I don't have anymore tears to use for crying. All are already dried on my cheeks. I sighed. Now, it's my turn to give my decision to this.

"Yes." I quickly gave the judge the answer. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt as if the whole world have collapsed upon me. After saying that, I waited for the judge to say his final statement to clarify that both of us are officially divorced. Of course, I ran out of the court and cried my heart out even though no tears come out.

Suddenly, someone hold onto my shoulder. Knowing it's James, I hold onto it. I turned around and to my surprise, it's not James. It's him - Chris Cortes. I break the connection between us both but he grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him. I missed this. It's almost two months I didn't hug him or share my love towards him.

He cleared his throat, breaking the awkward silence. "You better take care of yourself." He said, while holding onto my slightly big baby bump. I intertwined my hands with his, holding the baby bump together.

"I will." I promised him. He gave me an assuring smile. He put his warm hand on my cheek. I shamelessly melted my face against his hand. His face is kinda close to mine. I steadied my breathing. Only a few inches, our lips will be touched. Without wasting time, he brings my face closer and he hungrily kissed me. I kissed his back with my hands messily worked on his hair. After sharing a little bit of our make out session, he pulled away. He rested his forehead against mine and looked at me. He gently touched my cheeks, making me flattered. A few seconds later, he breaks away the passionate embrace. He then turned his back on me like last time I saw him.

He looked at me over his shoulders and mumbled something that I couldn't hear clearly. I just stood there, dumbfounded - thinking what does he just said to me. I sighed and gave up. I also turned my back away from him and started walking off, crying again.

•END OF FLASHBACK•

I opened my eyes. Instead being in the local library to study with my friends, I'm lying on James' bed. Since when I'm already in his apartment, also known as my temporary home? The bedroom door opened and James can be seen. He walked in with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, you're awake. Good morning... Or should I say good night." He teased, placing a glass of water on top of bedside table and sit beside me, making the bed lumpy.

"How long have I been out?" I asked him, rubbing my weary eyes. Throughout this whole pregnancy, I always felt so tired and I feel weak... Sometimes.

"Well, about six to ten hours." He shrugged and rested his back on his bed afterwards. My eyes automatically shot opened. Is he serious? I've been out for almost that long period of time. God... I must be damn tired.

"Then how I ended up in your bed?" I took a sip of water from the glass as my voice sounded hoarse.

"With a help from Oliver. I must say that you're getting heavier." He sticked out his tongue and gave an evil grin. My jaw dropped. How dare he said that to me! I grabbed a pillow from the floor and started tackling him with it. He actually enjoyed the fun. He's been laughing at me since he called me 'fat' in a nicer way possible. Giving up, I pout and crossed my arms over my chest. I then got up, ready to leave him alone.

"Hey, hey! I'm joking. Come back here!" He shouted. I ignored him and just turned the door knob. Before I could get out, James held onto my wrist and bring me in, closing the door afterwards. I suddenly started to hold my breath, maybe shocked by his actions. His arms though, it's pinned right beside the both sides of my cheeks. His face... Yes, it's close. I swallowed a gulp, trying to steady my breathing.

After a few seconds of an awkward staring contest, he pulled away with a smirk on his face. He then whispered something to me in my ear, "I'll make you dinner."

He made his voice as seductive as possible so that he could distract me with it. And it works. I just followed him and sat on the floor near the coffee table while he took the two serving plates on the bar counter. He placed mine right in front of me. I smelt the aroma of his cooking. It is exquisite! Even though it looks like a simple spaghetti but once you taste it, it's as if it is the most delicious spaghetti in the whole wide world.

"Nice?" He asked, breaking my admiration to the taste of his spaghetti. I just smiled at him and nodded many times. He smiled back at me and continued eating. He smiled as if he just accomplished something. Well, he does... Again!

Suddenly, an idea comes in my mind. I decided to cook for him for tomorrow's dinner as an appreciation reward. I put my cutleries down and looked at him. He noticed me staring at him like a creepy doll. He chewed off the food before swallowing bunch of bolus down to his throat.

"Are you free tomorrow night? No boys-night-out?" I asked him, drumming my fingers on the table while waiting for his answer.

"No, but you do. You have to go for another appointment to check on your health and your baby's." Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. I pouted to my own self. Argh, I never get to cook something for him. Next time, then.

"Why you asked?" He grabbed a bite on his meatball. I sighed and decided to tell him the secret since it's ruined because of my stupid doctor appointment.

"I thought I could cook you dinner as appreciation." I shyly said, looking downwards. He gave an amusing laugh and put his hand on my shoulder.

"There's always next time, Melissa... And I really can't wait to see what you're cooking for me. I hope you still remember my favourite dinner dish." He grinned from ear to ear after he said that. The last sentence hit me hard. I think deeply. What's his favourite? I stared at the blank space, hoping I get to guess his favourite. God, this is gonna be a long week.

*Chris' POV*

"Natalie, I want you to fax this documents to all the clients that will be attending for next week's meeting which is around twelve people. Also, call Jake and tell him that I want the cheque. You know that I don't like waiting when it comes to money." I demanded Natalie, busy texting on the phone, not bothering to look at her. She rolled her eyes and just crossed her arms, still not leaving my office.

"Anymore?" She asked, twirling some strands of her hair. I stopped texting and think for a while. I smirked at her.

"A cup of coffee please." I continued demanding her, making her pissed. She growled and walked out of the office. After she left, she slammed the office door. I laughed at her actions and continued to text on the phone.

I looked at my watch. It showed that it's already one o'clock in the afternoon. Yeah, I purposely make Natalie to work overtime while I'm away for a few meetings in the later afternoon. I grabbed my coat and wore it on. As I was about to leave the building, someone called out my name. A feminine voice.

"Where are you going? Lunch? Trying to be close to that two-faced bitch?" Natalie asked a million of questions. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

"Tell me! You can't just leave me here, alone." She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. I stopped on my tracks and turned my attention to her with an annoyed look.

"Why are you being busybody?" I glared at her. I could sense her that she's afraid to answer my question as her legs started to be jelly-like.

"Erm, erm... I-I... Don't.." She staggered. I put my finger on my lip, telling her to shut up. She obeyed. I smirked at her and walked out of the building before she asked me more questions. I got onto my car and drove off.

A few minutes later after a boring car ride, I've finally reached my destination safely. Today I have a talk to motivational speakers in one of the local libraries. I feel blessed that I'm being chosen to teach them how to be motivated, like me. I smiled to my own as if I'm crazy. Without wasting time, I walked into the library and went to the information counter.

"Hello. I'm Chris Cortes, CEO of Cortes Co. and I'm here to give a talk for a course to motivational speakers. So may I ask? Where's exactly the venue?" I asked the helper politely. I admit that she's young and pretty. I bet every guys wants her... Including me, since I'm single again. But I'm not that happy. Ever since I had to divorce her, I feel uneasy and also, lonely. I sighed and mentally scolded myself for bringing the situation again.

"Well, take the elevator to the sixth floor. Then you just walked straight and you will be walking past the 'teen fiction' sections. Continue to walk straight and you will eventually find the venue which is called the "Grand" Hall." She guided me on the venue step by step. I smiled at her and thanked her.

I walked towards the elevator and waited for it to arrive. Since there's only one elevator and it is at the twelfth floor, I decided to buy a drink via the vending machine beside the elevator. I took out my wallet and opened it. The first thing I see every time is a picture of me and my ex-wife smiling happily towards the camera that she hold onto. I smiled to myself about the lovely photo. I just wished that we are still together. I sighed. I quickly bought a soft drink before the elevator arrive.

Once I stepped into the elevator, I pressed the button with a number six. I sipped my drink from the can. A few second later, the elevator door opened, showing that we had reached. I stepped out and followed the guidelines that the helper gave me. But something or should I say, someone, stopped me.

I turned my attention to the group of teenagers that I knew and just stared at them. To be specific, just her. She had her head on the table. Her shoulders moved up and down, showing that she's breathing. I looked at her stomach. My baby is getting bigger every day and I'm happy because this shows that he or she is healthy, including it's mother.

I don't know why but suddenly my legs command themselves, making me walk towards them. I tried to stop walking but I couldn't. I sighed. I guessed I have to be friendly to them then.

"Oh my god, Chris! You scared me." Olivia hold onto her chest area, directly above her heart after she jerked when she saw me. Her other twin, Oliver is it?, looked at me as if he gonna kill me. I raised an eyebrow at him. His jaw clenched and started to stand up, wanted to make a head-on with me. But James stopped him, calming him down.

"Why are you here?" James asked, holding onto Melissa, showing that he's protected her from me. All of the sudden, I feel a pang of jealousy. What the hell? I'm not supposed to be jealous. We're not together anymore and never will be. God.. This is torturing.

"Well, I have a talk to the newbies on motivational speaking and I'm in charge." I smirked at them, feeling proud. I looked at the sleeping figure in front of me. I bend down, making the same face level as her. Oh no... I cannot see her like this.

Melissa is asleep but she has tears rolling down her cheeks. I knew that she's trying to be strong after the recent break-up with me. Without hesitation, I soothed her hair. She moved a little, making me startled. She then relaxed herself and her hand automatically intertwined with mine. My heart started to pump faster after her actions. I bring myself closer and without shame, I kissed her cheek, kinda kissing the tears away. I slowly let go of her grip and got up while saying, "I love you" in her ear.

I looked at James and said, "bring her home. She's tired."

--------------------------------------------------
Hi. Another chapter... Yay. Sorry if it suck. Like I said in the author's note, I'm not in a mood. So, I'm sorry. Anyways, vote and comment. Also, follow me.

Love,
Nora

(UNEDITED)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

8M 200K 43
Jack Ryder was one of the youngest billionaires in the US. He had everything guys his age dream on; models in each arm,money & fast cars. When he go...
3.3K 246 41
All is fair in love, war and Business. Is it though? Grace never had it easy when it came to life. First she had to deal with her parents trying rip...
299K 7.1K 31
"Abort it." "Excuse me ?" "Abort that thing inside of you!" He shouts in my face. I put my hands on his chest trying to put some space between us...