BEAUTIFUL GRIEF (IZ*ONE/LE SS...

By SILV3R_IZ

After an incident that will forever mark the world, Y/N, an "ordinary" young man in the eyes of the whole wor... More

PROLOGUE : IN A DREAM
CHAPTER 1 : NEW WORLD
CHAPTER 2 : LEGACY
CHAPTER 3 : DRAGON
CHAPTER 4 : OPEN YOUR MIND
CHAPTER 6 : BABY IN A WAR
CHAPTER 7 : WRITTEN TEST
CHAPTER 8 : WHAT I CAN DO
BONUS CHAPTER : CHAEWON'S INTERVIEW
CHAPTER 9 : PRACTICAL TEST PT.1
CHAPTER 10 : NUMBER 1
CHAPTER 11 : LAST CHALLENGE

CHAPTER 5 : YOUR VOICE

339 32 0
By SILV3R_IZ

Location: France, Paris, at the test location

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 01:54 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Y/N: Another 6 minutes before the start. The sooner it's done, the faster I can go home. My bed must be feeling lonely right now without me.

(They put in the big resources. They freed up three buildings large enough to make people pass the tests on each floor. It's more than enough to accommodate a maximum of participants I think. Anna Qyllyos, even if it's also in their interests... You really have the government at your feet.)

Y/N: More people than I thought came. Some of them even seem to be foreigners. We should be around 5000 people if I had to estimate a number.

(More people than I thought want to die at a young age. At least it's for a "good" reason...)

???: Humm.... Humm... Everyone should be able to hear me well.

Let me introduce myself. I am one of the two vice-directors of the Kavalry University, Elisa Kang.

(Her last name doesn't sound French. She could be still, but it won't surprise me much if she's not. For such an ambitious school, it would be normal to have foreign staff. She's making the presentation in English, so that as many people as possible can understand.

That's a pretty good choice. Everyone should be able to understand English these days.

This school is clearly a university of magic who wants to aspire to a world rank from what I can see so far.)

Elisa: I think you already know why all of you are here, so please, head to the, entrance of one of these three buildings and follow the instructions given to you by the staff present there, and by myself.

You have to choose one of the three buildings. They are called King, Queen and Pawn. Please don't run toward them, it's important. Just walk toward them at a good pace. Also, I'm sure that some of you will not end up in the one he or she wanted, but I still want to specify that this choice is part of the test too.

Good luck to everyone, I'll be back to tell you more about the tests soon !

(It will always impress me how much technology, and the study of magic has evolved... She can speak to us, making sure that we hear her perfectly, wherever we are, without her being present in front of us. We don't even know where her voice is coming from. She must be in a room reserved only for her in one of these buildings, I woul....)

Random Guy: You should watch where you walk ! Stop dreaming, if you're not here for the test, just go home or anywhere else you want to !

(He's the one who pushed me when I'm motionless, right ? Why is he upset right now ? If you're stressed, don't let it go on me. He's not the only one in that state... Do they not understand when they are told not to rush, and so not to push each other ?

She really had to clarify that it was part of the test ? Now everyone wants to reach a building as quickly as possible. I'm already tired of all of this...)

Y/N: Are they serious ? I understand that it's not very attractive, but how come no one wants to go into the Pawn building. Nobody is going toward that one. Not even one person when we're around five thousand.

(I don't really care, it's the easiest way to get in as quickly as possible and to not have to wait outside, standing up, I don't know how long. We are separated from these buildings by 3 km. They are in three different directions. Is there a reason why we all had to wait here first ? I'm thinking too much about it maybe...)

Y/N: Who am I to pretend to be a King or a Queen ? A pawn's life is cool too.

(A pawn who has braved all dangers has much more merit. On top of that, he can become what he wants except the King if he did a really great job. It's a pretty good deal.

It's shame that there's no Bishop building. I would have gone there without hesitation.

Not even speaking about the chess game, it's more interesting to be someone unpredictable in life.)

Random Guy 2: Is he really going there ..?

Random Girl 1: He's going to lose his chance, and the real test hasn't even started yet. He should aspire for more...

Random Guy 3: More people should do the same to make more room for us.

Random Girl 2: I'm ready to become a magician. I'm sure that he's just someone who dreams of becoming a magician, but who remains no less than a good-for-nothing.

(You talk way too much. Take care of yourself instead of judging others. You clearly have better things to do. Are they the future magicians who will protect the world ? We're on a very bad start...)

Y/N: Excuse me, I'm the kind of person who's prettt shy ! Could you all stop looking at me ! Thank you !

(I've been walking without too much embarrassment towards the Pawn building for a few minutes already, when I started to hear footsteps following me. I'm not the only one who finds most people's mindset ridiculous after all. Going to the Pawn Building is not a bad thing.)

???: Hey, You ! Don't walk that fast !

(It's a girl's voice ? What does she wants ? I felt a hand on one of my shoulders suddenly, just after hearing the voice that just called me.)

???: Let's walk together ! Many people has their focus on you. I need some attention too.

Y/N: I don't need you near me. If you want some attention, just do some silly things in front of them, like imitating a monkey. I am sure they will appreciate it.

???: I don't need this kind of attention. Sorry, but you're not going to see me doing this today. Let's keep walking, I don't know if it's just me, maybe it's because we are the only ones going there, but it feels like the building is further away than one might think.

Y/N: You're the only one thinking like this, I can guarantee you that. And since when we are close enough to talk like this with each other, stop this please. You are wasting your saliva for nothing. I don't want to listen to you.

???: You're not being really nice, you know that ? I don't have bad intentions. I'm sorry if something puts you in a bad mood, but don't pour it on me.

(It's something that I could say too...)

Y/N: Nothing unusual, thanks for asking. There is just you, and only you.

(I want to run to the building, but she made it clear to not run... Why does she keep walking next to me with a smile on her face ?)

???: It's only because of me ? You're doing fine then ! I was really worried about you. Consider my presence as the things of life that are inevitable.

Y/N: Why would you worry about me ?

???: You want to talk with me now ? You are lucky that I am not spiteful, I forgive you for your attitude. (she said, with a proud look on her face)

Y/N: I'm asking because you're talking about me.

???: You don't seem to be the kind of person who thinks he's the center of the world, maybe I was wrong when I saw you... I thought you wanted to attract all the attention on you when you decided to go to the Pawn Building alone.

And to answer your question, I'm human, and I have feelings like compassion, love, respect... That's why I was worried, even if it was just a tiny bit.

You know things that Infixarqs doesn't feel at all.

Y/N: How do you know this ? Are you in their heads to know that ?

???: Their actions are not enough to understand that ?

Y/N: So, you're telling me, right now, that none of them have feelings ?

???: Yes... Are you saying that some of them have feelings ?

Y/N: Are you telling me that people who have trouble expressing themselves, or to have feelings because of an illness are not human ?

???: Of course no !!! I didn't mean to say that ! You know very well that we cannot compare them with us.

Y/N: Do you know the reason why the human species appeared on Earth ? Is there even a reason ? Why does humans populate this planet, and not another intelligent life form different from ours ?

???: I don't really know..... I never thought about this....

Y/N: It's already one common thing we have with them. I'm not going to tell you everything, because in the first place, I didn't want to answer you, but it bothers me to hear you speak so subconsciously as if we were the biggest victims on Earth. You think that it's pleasing other animals when they are killed by us, even when it's not necessary, just to feed our consumer society, or when their natural environment is destroyed by us.

Please think more about what you're going to say before you speak next time.

???: You really want to seal my mouth forever. I understand what you're trying to tell me, but it's them, or us. We have to fight against the danger they represent, and protect every person in danger because of them.

Y/N: I know that we can't do anything about this. Just give me the pleasure of not implying anymore that we are the ones who deserve to live the most.

???: I just wanted to have a nice and chill conversation before the test...

Y/N: You're not with the right person for that. I ask you to just look around, and choose another person to chat with. I hope that you'll find the right shoe for yourself.

???: You're really good at rejecting people while being polite.

(She has something more to say, right ? She won't stop to talk right now...)

Y/N: Thanks. People don't compliment  me often for that.

???: It wasn't a compliment. You have the talent of irritating me by doing this. You see, I can act all smarty like you too.

I'm going to keep walking next to you, I don't want to end up being the only one displeased, and you can do nothing about it.

(I thought you might have a plan in mind to manipulate people's opinions and make sure that you will put yourself in the spotlight to the detriment of others, but you seem to be genuinely kind. I feel it somehow... I'm willing to try to be nicer to you, even if I don't know why you said something to make me think that you are an attention seeker at first.)

Y/N: Just do as you wish. It's already too late anyway. I'll listen to some more of you gibberish.

???: You seem to move on very quickly. I really need to mark your mind a little bit more, to not be the only person upset tonight, when we'll think about our conversation.

Y/N: Not "our" conversation. It would be better to rephrase it like "you" speaking to me, and "me" explaining life to you.

???: You're trying to be funny right now ?

Y/N: If the truth is funny to you, maybe yes.

???: It's better to see you like this ! You're looking much better right now with a smile on your face. (she said, happy that he's finally opening up a bit)

Y/N: Thank you, I agree with you.

???: You could also compliment me.

Y/N: Do you realise that we are still total strangers to each other ? You're acting like we've known each other for a long time.

???: Don't you feel like it's the case ? When I saw you, you drew my attention immediately. I thought we could become friends. You just have that comfortable, and warm voice coming from you.

(I'm drawing the attention of another woman after Anna... I'm going to start imagining things if it continues.)

Y/N: A comfortable, and warm voice coming from me ? Is that related to your powers ?

???: Exactly, you're really a smart one ! I'm really good at choosing interesting friends.

Y/N: You must have hearing problems if you choosed me. See, you can be funny too sometimes.

???: I don't have any problems ! I don't know why you're acting with great mistrust, and why you're trying to remain so impassive. You must have trouble trusting people.

I don't know why, but you can trust me at least. Everyone would like to have a friend like me after all.

Y/N: You're smarter than you look. Your argument to make me trust you is very bad though.

???: What do you mean by that exactly ?!

Whatever... I'll still take this as a nice thing because it's coming from you. Thank you !

Y/N: The last time I complimented someone was a decade ago. You should realize how lucky you are.

???: I can imagine it very well. You don't really seem to be a person who likes to share their thoughts, or feelings.

Y/N: What are you basing yourself on to think that ?

???: Mostly on my instinct. But also on my powers, with some reasoning. Your voice has the same mysterious feeling I get when I listen to Miss Qyllyos' voice.

Y/N: "Miss" Qyllyos ? It looks like you really have a lot of respect for her.

???: Of course I do. She's an incredible woman who commands respect. Many female magicians, and even men follow her example and admire her.

Y/N: Your powers also work through your phone, or TV ?

???: Sadly, not at all. I have to meet the person in real life to know this kind of thing. I wanted to make my own opinion about you first, but I didn't tell you about something on purpose. Sorry...

(You wanted to make your own opinion about me first ?)

Y/N: Have you met me elsewhere ?

???: Yes, at the camp when we were hiding from Infixarqs during their first appearance. You know, April 4th ? The "Massacre of the Hydrangea Garden" ?

Y/N: I know it too well...

???: What do you mean ?

(If only you knew...)

Y/N: Nothing. What are you sorry about though ?

???: I lied to you when I said that I wanted the attention you had, it was an excuse to make you talk to me. People generally dislike it when they are used without their consent. I thought that the chance of you replying back would be higher in that case.

Y/N: It's one of the few things I'm happy to share with other humans.

???: I can clearly hear it.

(I'm really starting to want to know what your powers are exactly...)

Y/N: So, you saw me chat with Anna that day ?

???: Exactly. How do you know that ? Are you close enough to her to call her by her first name ?

(I'm not really that close to her...)

Y/N: You could say this in a way. You said it yourself, we have a weird connection. And for your first question, I just made the most logical assumption.

???: If you say so. Let's go back to our subject. I wanted to talk to you because you got Miss Qyllyos' attention. I wanted to learn more the one she talked the most with at that time. She had a really beautiful smile when she was talking with you. She wasn't like that with me...

Y/N: Weren't you watching us too much ?

???: At that time, I was so focused on her after the discussion we had that my eyes just followed her.

Y/N: What kind of discussion ?

???: Avoiding the personal details... Mainly about the fact that the world needs someone like me,  and she offered me to protect humanity together.

Y/N: It was a little bit different for me, but it ended with the same conclusion from her.

???: You must have very useful kind of magic then.

Y/N: If knowing how to use your brain is a useful, maybe.

???: What do y...... Wait ! You don't have any magical powers ?!

Y/N: Biiiingo ! But sorry, I don't have any gifts for you.

???: She must have something in mind, but it's going to be difficult for you today. I don't know what the test is about, but for a university of magic, we are going to need it for sure somehow.

Y/N: I don't know either... Maybe it was me who misunderstood what she wanted to tell me.

Now that I'm here, I might as well try. I got nothing to lose anyway.

???: You're right, I don't know what, and if it's useful to fight against Infixarqs, but you have something different in 6ou. I can feel it.

Y/N: Thanks I guess... It is a bad thing to be different from what you can feel ?

???: Not at all. (she said with a cute expression)

Y/N: Hmm I see... We're almost there. Can I ask you one last thing ?

???: Of course, go ahead.

Y/N: Why did you choose this building ?

???: It's the same thing I wanted to ask you hehe

Y/N: Yeah but I was the first one to ask. (he said with a teasing tone)

???: You beat me this time, but it won't be the same nex time.

I chosed this building because it was the most logical choice for me. I think it's always better to fight at the front just like pawns, than to wait quietly at the back for an opportunity to arise. I want to create the opportunity myself. What about you ?

Y/N: I want to see the face of these supposed kings and queens when they will lose against a mere pawn.

???: I hadn't thought of this reason. It's original knowing the situation.

It will probably be really fun to see their faces if you succeed, and win against most of them.

Also, we finally arrived at our destination !

Was it good to have me for company ? I think I already know the answer from the look on your face. (she said smiling at you)

Y/N: Unfortunately, yes. I really don't know why I feel comfortable with you, but thank you.

???: You're welcome. I had a nice time talking with you too.

(A member of the staff was waiting for us outside the building, at the entrance.)

Staff Member : There's only the both of you ? I thought more people would come here. Too bad for them... Anyway, many will be forced to come here because of the lack of space in the other buildings.

Miss Kang has prepared a surprise for these people. We don't have all the day ahead of us afterall, we've already waited long enough.

Y/N: But we are here, it's the most important. What should we do now ?

Staff Member: You're right. Here Mister, ticket number 666. You have to go to the 40th floor.

Y/N: Thank you.

Staff member: And you Miss, ticket number 1. You have to go to the 1st floor.

???: Thank you very much.

(Why do I have to go so high up when she's on the first floor ? There is something odd... I don't think that it's just him that chooses where we go according to his mood...)

???: Are you okay ? Let's go to the lobby for now.

Y/N: I'm fine, don't worry. Let's go.

Staff Member: I hope that you're going to pass the test with success !

(I follow her into the lobby.)

???: I think this is where our paths separate. It was nice to meet you. Good luck with the test.

Y/N: I don't need luck, only hard work will show results.

???: You really find it hard to just thank people.

Y/N: I can't deny that. I'll tell you something else in exchange.  I think that you deserve to enter this school, just show them what you've got. Everything will be fine, you can trust my hunch.

???: How do you know that ?

(This girl.... she's starting to act like me, when I knew nothing about her. That's kind of fun.)

Y/N: I know it thanks to my nonexistent magic powers, and some reasoning coming from my brain.

???: Don't try to copy me ! (she said while laughing)

Y/N: I'm not trying, I'm doing it right now.

???: Fine, do whatever you want. Just don't forget that you learned that from me.

Y/N: Yes Miss ! (he replied back, like a soldier)

???: You should show your playful side more often to people. Stop acting all grumpy, when you don't know someone.

Y/N: It doesn't fall on deaf ears. I'll think about it... Maybe.

???: We should go now I think. I'll take the stairs, bye bye !

(She was leaving, when I thought...)

Y/N: What's your name ?! I don't even know your name.

???: I don't want to tell you. I don't know yours either. I only saw you speaking with Miss Qyllyos, but you were too far, I couldn't hear what you were saying.

So let's make a deal. We'll introduce ourselves correctly at the university. You don't have any choice now ! You have to pass the test ! See you next time !

(You know that I'll know your name at some point on TV, or on social medias if you make people talk about you by saving people... I'll still try to meet you there, but I can't promise that I will succeed in doing so.)

Y/N: It's really strange... Why am I feeling so close to her ..? It's like I've already seen her before... Even if it's the case, it doesn't explain why I'm feeling like this...

(My eyes have already seen her... Not on April 4th... I even have the impression that I saw her several times...But when..?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.7K 1.9K 57
Kim Chaewon was forced to continue the job her parents left when they died and she have no other choices but to do so. She hated the thought of being...
35.5K 1.5K 50
A casanova like Kim Minji had fallen in love with a girl full of dreams Pham Hanni ✧༺♥༻✧ Kim Minji grew with the passion at managing a business, she...
13.6K 578 20
You are a normal person going about your day in South Korea. What happens when you meet a certain girl group that changes your life upside down for t...
13.1K 687 25
Chaewon and Yunjin have been friends for as long as they can remember. They redebuted in Le Serrafim together: ever since, they grew closer and close...