BEAUTIFUL GRIEF (IZ*ONE/LE SS...

By SILV3R_IZ

After an incident that will forever mark the world, Y/N, an "ordinary" young man in the eyes of the whole wor... More

PROLOGUE : IN A DREAM
CHAPTER 2 : LEGACY
CHAPTER 3 : DRAGON
CHAPTER 4 : OPEN YOUR MIND
CHAPTER 5 : YOUR VOICE
CHAPTER 6 : BABY IN A WAR
CHAPTER 7 : WRITTEN TEST
CHAPTER 8 : WHAT I CAN DO
BONUS CHAPTER : CHAEWON'S INTERVIEW
CHAPTER 9 : PRACTICAL TEST PT.1
CHAPTER 10 : NUMBER 1
CHAPTER 11 : LAST CHALLENGE

CHAPTER 1 : NEW WORLD

914 51 15
By SILV3R_IZ

August 14th 2020

Above all, it's important to explain what has happened in the world since that day, before getting to the heart of the matter by following the story of our heroes.

It's absolutely necessary to talk about the most important events that happened, and the information that the world has learned since then. Of course, without forgetting to talk about how people have reacted, and how they organized themselves during the past few months.

During the days which followed "April 4th", which will forever mark the history under the name of "the Massacre of the Hydrangea Garden" many things have happened.

But first, let's explain why this day was named so.

It's not difficult to understand why the term "massacre" is used but why "the Hydrangea Garden" ?

It has two meanings, the first reason is that this garden is supposed to designate the world in which humans live, so the Earth, and the hydrangea flowers represent humans.

In the language of flowers, the hydrangea is a symbol of prosperity, grace, beauty but also of vanity, narcissism and selfishness.

Obviously the most widespread explanation in the public opinion is that it's supposed to designate the fact that these monsters wanted to destroy the beauty and the prosperity of our society, but we could also think that the historian who proposed this name rather thought of pointing out the bad sides of humanity.

But then again, for which reasons if we think like this ?

The second one is that this name is a tribute to all the people who died, this is why a flower was chosen, but also to avoid using more shocking or aggressive terms, which considering the situation, was not really a good idea, because it would easily rewind trauma or bad memories in people. It would only add violence to something that is already violent enough.

After explaining this, we can now talk about what happened after that day.

The days that followed were very difficult and horrible for most people.

On a "global" agreement, several decisions were made.

At the beginning, controls were carried out to be able to locate the buildings which were in risk of collapsing, to be able to signal to people if this was possible for them to return to their home or not. And for those whose house was destroyed, the question does not even place itself.

Homeless people have been accommodated in camps with many other, and unknown people for an indefinite period.

Those who were already homeless before that day, and those who became homeless after that day were all in the same situation at that time.

Aids have been put in place to enable people who have been separated from their families or relatives to find them if they were still alive.

Most of the people who lost their loved ones didn't have the chance to organize a funeral for the deceased because most of the bodies had been destroyed to the point of dust. It was one more sad news on top of everything else.

Many people following this event, had suicidal cravings while others manifested numerous psychological problems because of what they saw, which created a fairly significant general panic and the requests for therapists and psychologists increased dramatically.

People even started to develop a fear of seeing the outside world by developing a phobia of these monsters.

Economically, this has posed enormous problems.

Reconstruction projects, expenses related to reimbursement or financial compensation claimed by those who have lost many assets or belongings.

The revival of companies that have lost infrastructure and staff in large numbers. All of this really costed a lot.

And sadly, some people didn't survive this crisis even if they got the chance, or the burden you could say to survive that day.

Banks that lost their seats and part of their interests and their money, the closure of companies like jewelry stores that have lost most of their goods.

A lot of people running small businesses have gone bankrupt, and lost everything they had.

The recovery of the world economy was very difficult, and expenses incurred for these and many other purposes were only increasing.

Nothing had helped that because during this disaster, 3 billion 734 million 275 thousand people died.

Many workstations were left vacant, some countries had lost important political leaders, the balance of the world had been shattered.

During the month of "respite" offered to them by the goddesses, human solidarity had become more important than ever.

On the voluntary basis of many people to accelerate the reconstruction of our world as much as possible, many people decided to work in construction sites, in the industry to help build essential machines like backhoes, or in associations to help the more deprived.

Everything without being paid, and you had to be at least 15 years old to be able to claim to help.

In addition, there have been problems in terms of food in certain regions of the world, but we must not forget that the more or less important part of the buildings and crops have not been damaged or destroyed (mainly crops), so the situation could have been much worse.

The greatest number of victims were human victims, and it should not be forgotten.

Naturally, other problems were added to those which were already present unfortunately.

The appearance of magic in the situation in which the world was found gave birth to the increase of delinquency and criminal organizations.

Many people died in the first month,because the world was not yet organized enough to thwart illegal actions without killing anyone even if in the police or in the army, some people also had magic power. They had no way of preventing people from using their powers afterall.

Rules were put in place to regulate the use of magic as soon as it possible to control the situation.

The most important ones are that a permission to use magic is required from the Magic Council according to the profession exercised, the help that this power can bring to society, and in relation to the danger of it or its user. This council is an organization that was setup to identify all the magic powers, and keep their uses under control with different branches around the world.

The use of magic in self-defense was allowed to everyone even without permission.

There are many other more complex laws, but it is not worth mentioning them now.

Obviously, some laws differ in several countries, but in general they are common to most of the countries, and obviously not everyone respects them.

In each country, organizations controlled by their government have been set up to train people who would like to protect the world from the monsters when they reappear, whose only condition was to be at least 18 years old.

A new profession was born, the magicians.

After obtaining a magician's license, it was possible to exercise this profession alone, to join a company of magicians and therefore to work in a group, or to join the army or the police to help them.

For several weeks, time continued to flow, and humans tried to continue living, rebuilding their world, and preparing themselves for the return of the monsters. Some accidents have happened too, but let's leave that for another time.

When the time came, as the goddesses had indicated, some monsters appeared, but their number did not exceed 20 even in the countries where they appeared the most.

On the day of their reappearance worldwide, 432 people died, this was already considered as a miracle.

The world was prepared to fight this threat and most magicians were able to protect as many people as possible.

During the months that followed, the world adapted to these new problems and a routine was installed in people's daily lives, even if things were still difficult.

Much research has been done on magic, and new discoveries have been revealed over time.

First of all, we learned that 40 percent of the world's population has magic powers, and no one with a minimum age of 40 has demonstrated magic power.

People who had powers before they turned 40 did not lose them after reaching that age.

Most of the people with powers are between 16 and 32 years old.

The magic meteors that had fallen on Earth were analyzed, and it was revealed that it was capable of resonate with magic flows, with other properties related to the recognition and study of magic. Their study and works, on the alteration of the composition of this material, for example allowed them to create handcuffs which allow them to cancel the magic powers of people.

This new material was called "Yartrax".

The results, and consequences of the magic disasters have been maintained, and nothing has been able to change that. As an example, in Italy, the ice zone after being subjected to a significant heat, in a small area of it, that was big enough to build a small house, returned to its initial state in less than a second after the experiment.

The magic shock wave in South Korea and its consequences were studied because no visible element could be observed.

This wave caused the rejuvenation of a part of the population, which went between 1 and 12 years old, but magic diseases also appeared in people, still incurable with the magic mastery of today.

Let's now talk about the "monsters" that became humanity's biggest enemy.

The race of these monsters has been officially named "Infixarq".

Over time, they manifested several mutations, because more and more of them began to be able to think a minimum and develop consciousness. They also developed the possibility of hearing and smelling.

Their frequency of appearance gradually increased over the months, but not by much so far thankfully.

To face this new threat, the whole world understood really fast that they had to count on their youth, taking a great care of them.

For the people wishing to continue their studies, while developing their powers to help in the fights against these monsters, universities have been created in the world for them, because the need for new magicians was always there.

A huge and incredible project had been set up by the collaboration of several countries at the request of a person who had stood out in the recent months.

Between France and the United Kingdom, an artificial island was created on the sea, to bring together all the scientists and their families. Scientists doing research on magic, and who were developing new machines or magic objects, or just people with promising business related to it, or not.

But the main reason was to build a university of elite, with a huge campus, to receive students who aspire to become strong magicians, while developing other skills, it's the Kavalry University. An entire city was built for people who would live there, chosen on request and under several conditions.

Even gardens, forests and beaches have been built to create the most pleasant living environment possible.

This island is under the jurisdiction of France, because it's the country where the most number of monsters appears, and who therefore needs more magicians. On top of that, it's the country which has invested the most in it, but also because the directress of this famous university has French origins, and she chosed this location, organizing and building this project from A to Z.

It's natural to wonder who this person is, and how she could have done to bring this project to life.

This woman is Anna Qyllyos, the strongest magician in France, that killed the most monsters so far. She's an advisor to the biggest political leaders in the world in their decision thanks to her intelligence, she fought many dangerous criminals around the world and sent them all to jail, and more than anything else, she represents a symbol for this country, and her strength is known around the world. Her influence is only growing day by day.

She is nicknamed "The Bloody Silver Witch".

She appears most of the time wearing an office suit, with a skirt, heels, glasses, and with her silver hair tied in a ponytail.

But what is the most incredible thing is that before the appearance of magic, she was unknown to everyone, and even today, after everything she did for the world, she remains as a mysterious, beautiful, elegant, and very charismatic woman in her late twenties.

This day is important because it's the day when the first step of her project will materialize itself finally.

The tests to join the school she build will be passed by many young people between 18 and 21 years old.

Whatever the country, it's possible to take them, because the university has set up in each country, infrastructures to pass the tests, and they have deployed a lot of employees to supervise and monitor their smooth running.

Now, and finally, the serious things finally begin for our heroes.

Location: France, Paris at the test location

Time: 01:37 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Y/N: Did I really come here to take the tests to enter this school ? What went through my mind ?

(Ahhhhhhhh... It's true, I was really surprised when I saw that the woman I've met at the camp was going to open a school for aspiring magicians. But the weirdest thing is that she said during her speech, retransmitted to the whole world to present her project, that she would only choose those who gained her interest.

She would even come to pick up the people herself if they didn't want to come anymore after having a glimpse of what they will have to go through, because the world needs them.

I thought "she's not talking about me, right ?"... After that what struck me was that she said she needed the help of a competent person, and talented people to fight these "Inhumans"...

Does that mean she still remembers me ?

Maybe she was talking about someone else...

Anyway, now I'm here because I still have to try to keep my promise... Even more since I know what she can do now... She's really a dangerous woman. Coming on my own free will is the best solution.)

Y/N: The problem is that I don't think I can get into this school, how am I going to pass these tests without magic powers...

Location: South Korea, Seoul at the test location

Time: 01:39 p.m

P.O.V: Chaewon

Chaewon: Eunbi unnie... I have to do it, I made my choice !

(I can't count on my members now, I have to do it alone. After what I've been through, I can't go back. I need to meet Anna Qyllyos. I need her help.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 585 30
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ {𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗} 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴? 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘠𝘶𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘍𝘦𝘢�...
13.4K 688 25
Chaewon and Yunjin have been friends for as long as they can remember. They redebuted in Le Serrafim together: ever since, they grew closer and close...
28.1K 1.2K 37
Have you ever imagined having two lives? Be two people at the same time? I bet you have. But between thinking about it and actually living it, there...
2K 134 6
When Huh Yunjin wishes to find her family, but it's not so easy when she gets kidnapped by the infamous Kim Chaewon, a tyrannical and sadistic pirate...