Scopophobia | H. POTTER [4]

By sectxmsemmpra

Now in their sixth year at Hogwarts, the pressure is on more than ever before. Voldemort's official return ha... More

1 | grimmauld place
2 | weasleys' wizard wheezes
3 | the burrow
4 | slug club
5 | room of requirement
6 | quidditch tryouts
7 | lessons rescheduled
8 | christmas at the burrow
10 | departure
11 | isolation
12 | the truth
13 | dream talk
14 | chess pieces
15 | returned at last
16 | the end of the beginning

9 | breaking point

72 1 0
By sectxmsemmpra

tw: sexual harassment (mostly verbal)

Despite Ginny's protests, Abigail ultimately decided to keep her distance from everyone. The only time she saw Ron, Hermione and Harry was at the very uncomfortable Quidditch practices and then in class. She would always make sure to head to the Great Hall when there was no risk of them being there. That or she just went straight to the kitchen.

"Abigail Lupin," Cormac drawled and Abigail had to force herself not to stab him in the hand with her fork as he took a seat next to her.

She looked over at him, a look of distaste clear on her face, "I've done some questionable things in my life but I will never understand what I did to be punished with the likes of you."

"You must have been very good." She rolled her eyes at this and stood up, gathering her belongings. "I'll just see you at practice then."

Abigail froze in her tracks and turned to face him, "What?"

"Quidditch practice."

"Why will you be there?"

"Because Ron isn't."

"What happened to Ron?"

"He's in the hospital," he explained offhandedly, "Something about a love potion gone wrong."

Abigail ignored the rest of what he had been saying and immediately made her way to the infirmary. She stayed outside the room but glanced in to see an out of it Ron rested in the bed. Ginny sat next to him on a chair and Hermione stood on his other side.

Harry stood at the foot of his bed alongside some Gryffindor that Abigail couldn't remember the name of. "You can go in, dear," Pomfrey explained from behind her, "They haven't met the capacity of visitors just yet."

"Um, no, I'm okay out here," Abigail stated before glancing back inside where her friends were, "Can I ask what happened?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that, you'd have to ask them yourself," she replied before entering the room.

Abigail leaned against the doorframe as she observed them for a moment. Harry looked over at the door and she quickly moved out of the way, pressing herself against the wall, hopeful that he hadn't seen her.

After a moment she started to walk away but stopped when Harry called after her. She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment before turning to face him. "Hey."

"Why didn't you come in?" he asked.

"I didn't want to interrupt anything," she explained simply, "What happened?"

"He was accidentally poisoned," Harry replied, "He'll be fine."

"Um, good," she nodded, "That's - that's good." She glanced behind her. "Uh, I don't think I can be on the Quidditch team anymore. I can talk to Dean for you, if you want. See if he's up for staying on the team now that Katie's back."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

Abigail nodded, "There's just a lot going on right now, I don't really have time for it anymore."

"I can talk to Dean," Harry responded. She hated this more than anything. She hated that he was hurting. She hated that it was her fault. She hated that it would only get worse.

"Send Ron my regards?" Abigail requested and he nodded. "I guess, I'll, um...see you around."

"Yeah," he nodded slowly, "See you."

Abigail sent him a tight lipped smile before turning around and walking away, not saying anything she may regret saying later.

"Abigail!" Cormac shouted from behind her and she didn't even try to hide her distaste.

"Shove off McLaggen," Abigail scowled as she continued to walk away from the boy.

He turned her around so she was pressed against the wall, a lustful expression on his face, "Don't be such a tease."

"You really don't like hearing no, do you?" she spat out. "I'm kind of spoken for and even if I wasn't, you would be my last choice."

"Oh, please," he laughed at her, "Everyone knows you and Potter are barely speaking." She raised her knee and nailed him in between the legs. His once amused expression turned into a scowl as he cringed in pain.

"Stay the hell away from me," she demanded and she moved to walk away but he had her pinned back against the wall within seconds.

"The attitude is worth it for someone with a body like yours. No wonder Potter stuck around for so long," he whispered into her ear, "All I'm asking is that you share the wealth."

"Leave her alone, McLaggen," someone demanded from behind him and Abigail was surprised to look up and find Malfoy standing there. He had practically vanished all school year but he was here for this.

"Or what Malfoy?" Cormac sneered, "You'll make me?"

Draco stepped forward but Abigail shook her head, "No." She turned so she was facing Cormac, "You wanna see my body so badly?" She undid the button at the top of her robe before letting it slide off of her arms and fall onto the floor. She pulled the sweater off and over her head before easily undoing her tie and dropping them to the ground.

"Abigail," Draco tried, bewilderment clear in his expression, but she ignored him.

"This is what you wanted, right?" she inquired as she unbuttoned the shirt till her bra was showing. "Like what you see, McLaggen?"

"Abigail!" Hermione shouted as she ran up to her, "Just leave it be. We can talk to McGonagall or Dumbledore but you don't need to do this."

"Yes, I do. Because if it's not me, it's someone else," she pointed out before pulling her arm away from her friend. Hermione glanced backward and Abigail followed where she was looking to see Harry walking toward them.

Abigail looked back at Hermione, "You see, for boys like him, they think they are entitled to their fair share of whatever the hell they want. So why not give it to him, right?"

Abigail walked closer to Cormac who was still watching her. "Are you happy now?" she asked as she gestured to her body before turning around to face the crowd of students who were clearly listening in the corridor. "Gather round for the show!"

"Abigail," Harry tried and he moved to get closer to her but she stepped toward Cormac before he could.

"Come on, McLaggen," Abigail sneered, "Isn't this what you asked for? You were so curious as to what was under the uniform? Well, here it is!"

She bent down and picked the robes up off the floor before shoving them into Cormac's chest, "Keep them. Think of it as a souvenir."

"Abigail Lupin!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed and Abigail turned to see her teacher standing there, "My office, now."

"Gladly," she replied as she looked at Cormac in disgust. She dropped her voice so only he could hear, "I'll see you in hell." She turned around and followed McGonagall out of the corridor, leaving behind the crowd of whispering students.

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Ms. Lupin but between the skipping class, barely turning in your assignments and that outburst, you-"

"What difference does it make?" Abigail cut her off. "Whatever's gotten into me doesn't change the fact that I'm in loads of trouble so let's get on with the punishment, why don't we?"

McGonagall stopped and turned around so she was facing the girl, "I don't care for your tone, young lady."

Abigail crossed her arms, "And I don't care for a waste of my time."

"Enough of that, Abigail," she requested before  she turned back around to continue walking, "Button up your blouse, the Headmaster has asked to see you."

Abigail looked down to see that her shirt was still halfway undone and began to rebutton it up before mumbling, "Surprised he's even here."

She knew that everything she was saying was out of line and she should have listened to Hermione and just walked away. But there's only so much a person can take and Abigail had surpassed her limit a long time ago.

"You have got to be kidding!" Abigail exclaimed once she arrived in Dumbledore's office. "You pulled him out of whatever hole you tossed him into?" she inquired before gesturing toward Sirius, "And him from wherever the hell he's been."

"Abigail," Lupin spoke sternly. "He called me here because people have expressed concerns about your behavior as of late."

"And who would that be?" she inquired. She turned to look at Sirius. "Is that why you're here? Harry sent you a letter informing you of my concerning behavior?"

"He's just worried about-"

"No, he needs to mind his own damn business and so do all of you," she countered, ignoring the taken aback looks from the adults in the room, "Maybe you should all be a little more concerned about the book that the chosen one has been living by for the past school year instead of me."

"Abigail," Dumbeldore spoke up, "I understand-"

"You don't!" she cut him off. "And you can't because you don't have this stupid 'gift' and you have absolutely no idea what it's like. Can you possibly imagine what it's like trying your hardest not to dream of some random person's death? Not being able to sleep because if you so much as close your eyes, you see someone dying?"

They all remained silent at this before she continued.

"Only in my case, it's not a dream, it's real. And can you imagine having to look into the most vial person's head and feel everything he feels and think every thought he has every single time you do it?" She looked around at everyone in the room, "Or maybe knowing that something horrible is going to happen at any moment and you can't do anything about it because you aren't supposed to know? I'm sorry that my behavior is an inconvenience to all of you but to me, the way I'm acting seems pretty damn reasonable."

"So, what is it?" Abigail inquired as everyone in the room continued not to say anything. "Detention? Suspended from the Quidditch team? Or maybe even kicked off? What does it matter, I already quit anyway."

"You're going home," Lupin answered.

"I'm - what?" she gaped. Of all the answers she was expecting to receive, that was not one of them.

"I'm sending you home," Dumbledore explained. "While initially, I did agree that you returning to Hogwarts was for the better, I can now conclude that it was the exact opposite."

"You've barely even been here all year," Abigail reminded him, "What the hell do you know?"

"So that whole filter thing really didn't take, did it?" Sirius inquired and Lupin shot him a look, making him shut up.

"I know that you have been put through a great deal for a girl your age and that it is draining," Dumbledore went on, "It would be best for you to go home and continue your remaining education there."

"So I'm nice and shiny and new for when you need to use me?"

"Believe it or not, Ms. Lupin, I have your best interest at heart."

"Great," she mumbled, "When am I leaving?"

"Tomorrow night."

Abigail looked at her father, "Are you even going to be there or are you not through mingling with the werewolves?"

Lupin frowned, "You'll be staying with Sirius."

She looked over at Sirius, "Guess I'll see you tomorrow then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 128 18
In which Sophia Parker never thought she would fall for the infamous Sirius Black. Ever since fourth year, Sirius Black had been trying to get Sophia...
4.1K 122 32
Remus Lupins childhood best friend, Violet Watson, has finally come back from a year long transfer to Beauxbatons. The problem? He had just been dia...
178K 8.3K 91
Abigail Nova Black, the half-blood daughter of Sirius Black, is reborn into the Wizarding world. Losing her muggle mother early on as a casualty of t...
572K 24K 95
"𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒅, 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅" With an unknown past and a vast amount of power, Artemis is a force to be reckoned with. For as long as she...