Scopophobia | H. POTTER [4]

By sectxmsemmpra

Now in their sixth year at Hogwarts, the pressure is on more than ever before. Voldemort's official return ha... More

1 | grimmauld place
2 | weasleys' wizard wheezes
3 | the burrow
4 | slug club
6 | quidditch tryouts
7 | lessons rescheduled
8 | christmas at the burrow
9 | breaking point
10 | departure
11 | isolation
12 | the truth
13 | dream talk
14 | chess pieces
15 | returned at last
16 | the end of the beginning

5 | room of requirement

70 2 0
By sectxmsemmpra

"I never said that it was completely off the table, Harry," Abigail pointed out and she shifted slightly so she could look up at him from where she rested against his chest, "Do we really need to talk about this right now?"

He looked down at her and frowned slightly, "I'm sorry, I just-"

"I know," she nodded

"What happened with McLaggen?"

"He's just an entitled, arrogant, misogynistic asshole who and I quote, 'Doesn't remember me looking so...' Granted, I cut him off before he could finish what he was saying but I think I can come to a conclusion on my own."

"I can talk to him."

"I appreciate that but you're about half his size," Abigail grinned, "Besides, I can handle him. Dad taught me this jinx to use whenever a guy bothers me. It'll dangle them in the air by their ankle." She looked back up at him, "Remember that if you ever decide to piss me off."

"I'll keep that in mind," he laughed as he traced circles on her arm.

Abigail turned over on the couch so that she was facing the fire and Harry wrapped his arm around her, "Are you alright?"

She nodded, "It's been a long week is all."

"Do you want to head to bed?"

"No," she replied, "I mean, unless you do."

"I'm fine here," he replied and she smiled as he placed a kiss on her head.

"Oh," Abigail spoke up after a moment, "When are Quidditch tryouts?" When he didn't respond she looked up to see that he was asleep. She laughed at this before she looked back at the fire. She squinted at the outline in the fire and she sat up in confusion.

"Harry," Abigail whispered as she tried to wake him up. Once she saw that he had opened his eyes, she spoke again, "Harry, I very well may be losing it but I am almost certain there is a face in the fire."

"What?" he yawned as he sat up to see what she was talking about, "Sirius?"

He got up from the couch and walked over to the fire, "What are you doing here?"

"Hermione told me about your potions book," Sirius explained and Harry looked back at Abigail who had no idea that Hermione was going to say anything to him. "The one that has the tips written into margins?"

"I'm familiar with it, yes," Harry replied.

"I agree with her," he pointed out, "It seems dangerous."

"But it's not hurting anyone."

"Yet," he countered before he looked at Abigail who was still behind him. "How do you feel about it?"

"I think he needs to stop using it," she answered honestly, "But there's nothing I can do to stop him. Trust me, I've tried."

"Just heed the warning, Harry," Sirius sighed, "Be careful." And then he was gone.

Harry turned to look at Abigail, "I didn't know she was going to tell on you but does it honestly surprise you?"

"I guess not," he frowned.

"We should probably head to bed before someone comes down here," Abigail suggested as she moved to stand up off the floor. Harry grabbed her hand and pulled her down to him and she rolled her eyes, "What now?"

"I just want a few more seconds."

She smiled at him, "One...two...three...Times up."

He rolled his eyes, "Okay fine, I want the rest of our lives."

"That's a long time, Potter," she pointed out, "You'll grow sick of me at some point."

"Well there's no one else I could imagine spending the rest of my life with," he replied and Abigail felt a flutter in her chest. "This is forever."

"Absolutely no one?" she inquired with a mischievous smile, "Not even Cho Chang?"

His face dropped and he looked back at the girl, "That was a mistake and if anything it was your fault. It's like you wanted me to go out with her."

"I was messing with you," she explained as she patted the side of his face gently, "Besides, she's not nearly as good of a kisser as I am."

"That is very true," he agreed before he leaned down and kissed her.

Abigail pulled away, "Too bad you're not that good." She walked toward the stairs, "Goodnight."

"Wait, was that a joke or were you being serious?" he asked quickly. "Abby - Abigail! Who else have you been kissing? Stop ignoring me!"

She turned around and waved at him before she entered her room with a quiet laugh.

"You never answered my question," Harry whispered as the two walked toward the Great hall behind Ron and Hermione the following morning.

Abigail raised an eyebrow, "What question?"

"The one about whether or not I'm..." he trailed off and dropped his voice so he was quieter, "You know, whether or not I'm a good kisser."

Abigail grinned at this, "It's not as though it matters, you're not kissing anyone but me. Unless of course you are, in which case, why don't you go ask them."

"I'm not kissing anyone else," he said pointedly, "But that doesn't mean I don't want you to not, you know, enjoy it. Also, in order to determine that I'm a bad kisser, you would have had to have other experience. Who else have you kissed? Do I need to be worried? Wait, was it McLaggen? Is that why-"

Abigail turned around and stood in front of him so he came to a stop, "Harry, it's not as though it would matter who I may or may not have kissed in the past because I'm kissing you now."

"So you have kissed someone else?"

"You've kissed someone else," she countered.

"Yes, and we both know the outcome of that," he pointed out, "I'm merely asking for a name."

"There is no name, you idiot, because you're the only person I've kissed," she rolled her eyes.

"Why would you make me think that you did?"

"Cause you're cute when you're flustered," she explained before kissing him quickly on the lips and grabbing his hand, "Let's go to the Great Hall before we miss breakfast because of your insecurities."

She dragged him through the hall, "I am not insecure." Abigail glanced back at him and he shook his head, "Okay, fine. Maybe a little."

"Wow, really?"

They both sat down at the table and he turned to look at her, "You know, you could be nice to me."

"That would be no fun."

"What are you two talking about?" Ron inquired.

Abigail grinned and opened her mouth but Harry cut her off, "Nothing."

"Yep," she nodded, forcing down her smile, "Absolutely nothing."

They all talked throughout the remainder of breakfast, Harry bringing up the fact that Sirius had talked to him because of Hermione. The bell rang out and Hermione was quick to usher them out.

"We'll catch up with you," Abigail explained to Hermione and Ron as she held Harry back.

"Well, hurry up," Hermione suggested, "You don't want to be late."

After the two made their way to class, Harry turned to Abigail in confusion, "Is something wrong? Hermione's right, Snape already hates me as is and being late-"

"We're not going to class," Abigail interrupted.

Harry stared at the girl, "We're not?"

"No," she replied as she guided him up to the seventh floor. "We're skipping."

"Is that a good idea?" he asked, "I mean, your father won't be happy when he finds out."

"My father is underground living amongst the werewolves," she reminded him, "He's not going to find out. At least not for awhile."

"What exactly are we going to do?" he inquired and she stopped them in front of a blank wall.

"What - Oh!" he exclaimed when he registered where they were. He turned to her with a smile, "The Room of Requirement?"

She nodded and moved forward, pacing back and forth three times until eventually a door appeared. She reached forward and opened the door, gesturing for him to enter.

"Is this you hinting at something?" he mused.

She rolled her eyes, "No. I just figured a bed is far more comfortable than the Gryffindor couch."

He sat down on the bed, "You wouldn't be wrong."

"And here..." Abigail continued, standing in front of him. He grabbed her hands and pulled her towards him, "Here we don't have to worry about someone walking down and finding us."

He smiled before pulling her closer and placing a kiss on her lips, "Still think I'm a bad kisser?"

Abigail shrugged, "To be determined."

He rolled his eyes and pulled her back toward him, "Let's see what I can do about that."

"They skipped, not one, but two classes!" Hermione hissed as she walked with Ron toward the Great Hall, "Where are they?"

"I'm sure they had a reason," Ron shrugged as he took a seat.

"They better be dead," she replied, "That's the only reason they should miss two classes."

"So now you want them to be dead?" he inquired.

"Who?" Abigail asked as her and Harry took a seat at the table with them.

"You two," Hermione hissed in a low tone, "Where were you?"

"We were..." Abigail trailed off, glancing at Harry, "Busy."

"Busy," Ron repeated, glancing between the two with a smirk, "With what exactly?"

"Hmm."

"How could you skip out on class?" Hermione exclaimed.

"We'll be at the next one."

She narrowed her eyes, "I'm not giving you any notes."

"I wasn't going to ask."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 45 12
Abigail Lupin returns to Hogwarts with her friends Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. Abigail dreams are plagued with events and she can...
20.8K 624 21
Mayalyn Black returns to Hogwarts with her brother alongside long time friends, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter. As they navigate thei...
237 23 8
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 caoihme alor, a cowardly slytherin sixth year born from blood purist, anti werewolf ideals, meets a boy who goes against every value...
115K 4K 47
Ad Infinitium = again and again in the same way; forever. Y/N Carter keeps to herself, or at least she did. Moving into her second year at Hogwarts...