Lupus Deus (Published on Ama...

By xxSkemoxx183

In a world of monsters and gods, the Lupus Deus is the one being no one wants among them, especially not the... More

Lupus Deus
Prologue
(C1)
(C2)
(C4)
(C5)
(C6)
(C7)
(C8)
(C9)
(C10)
(C11)
(C12)
(C13)
(C14)
(C15)
(C16)
(C17)
(C18)
(C19)
(C20)
(C21)

(C3)

328K 12.8K 11.1K
By xxSkemoxx183

VIVIAN GREY

My damn neck hurt.

But other than that I felt comfortable and covered by something heavy. It provided a lot of heat, almost reminding me of a fire, but I felt like I would gladly burn in it.

Strange

Whatever fire this was, it didn't hurt me, it surrounded me like a second layer of skin keeping me warm and made me feel all fuzzy on the inside, my heart was beating slowly, calmly. I could feel this warmth travel all over me, on my arms, my face. A shiver passed me as a trail of heat slowly made its way from the corner of my right eye to the corner of my lips...wait, what? My brows furrowed at the thought of something on my face, whatever pattern it was making it seemed familiar but stronger this time. And then I remembered everything before my unplanned sleep attack. The visit, Lily, the pack, green-eyed kidnapper and then darkness.

I snapped my eyes open and instantly saw a pair of blue ones looking back at me.

Blue.

The man hovering over me was a god, he had to be.

The man was gorgeous in all the senses. Thick raven colored hair was combed back with a few loose strands falling over his forehead, black trimmed eyebrows arched at the corners, thick long black eyelashes cast a shadow over deep-set piercing blue eyes that were looking at me fiercely and alert. It left me shaking to my core, his eyes were trained on me with concentration and something else I couldn't decipher but it left me dazzled and intimidated. I trailed my eyes down to his long upturned nose that sat above perfectly shaped lips. He had an oblong face with angular cheekbones and a strong sharp jawline. 

Who was he? Where did he come from?

I did a once over and then again. He was alluring in all senses. I took in a breath breathing in his clean, aromatic and raw scent. You know when a good-looking guy walks by you and then a second later their good cologne hits you? Doesn't it just stun you for a moment? Because that's how I felt about this man's scent, it was a mouth-watering smell, tempting the darkest side of me to peek out and do something. And then I realized...

He was laying on top of me.

Two bulging biceps on either side of my face while his firm body pressed down on mine. He had one of his hands in my hair while he traced my face with his pointer finger, both of his legs thrown over me. He didn't make a move to get from off me, in fact, he looked calm, comfortable and content. I was freaking out on the inside and I was sure that my eyes were large with fright. My breathing was coming out quickly and uneven, my hands that were once limp beside me now gripped onto what felt like ilk blankets. Why were we on a bed? I shifted a little, and felt my clothes. Good.

My wolf was purring in my head but didn't say a thing. Why are you purring mutt! You should be clawing at him. He could be a rapist!

The blue-eyed man narrowed his eyes at me, scowling, making me take a breath. Then taking me by surprise he dipped his head and rested it on my left shoulder. Skin to skin. His pale smooth skin touching my cheek, I heard him inhale deeply and then let out an aggressive growl next to my ear making me whimper out of fear. He surprised me when it suddenly cut off and he shot his head back up to look at me.

"W-What are you doing? Who the hell are you? Get off of me!" I exclaimed at last. I liked hot guys as much as the next girl, just not when I didn't know them and had them randomly on top of me. Why was he on top of me again?

The man said nothing, he just kept staring with those watchful eyes. He radiated power and dominance, in a fight between both of us I was sure he'd knock my head off my shoulders with one blow. It scared me.

Mate.

I pushed my head back even further into what must have been a fluffy pillow, eyes feeling like they were about to pop out of head. For a second everything was still. Had he said anything?

Mate.

No, my wolf. But that would mean that this hunk of a man would be mine. I looked back at him, he was too good looking to be mine. I didn't deserve him. He would soon realize it too and probably end up leaving me.

"No." The whisper left my mouth before I could stop it, I held my breath as his blue eyes gazed at me with anger.

His pupils shrunk inwardly leaving his beautiful eyes a complete blue, but before I could look more it expanded completely over his eyeballs, his lip curled over his lip like a wolf would when baring teeth. Black, a darkness so dark I could feel like evil behind those eyes looked back at me making me shriek in fear and begin to thrash underneath the culprit. Wolves eyes never did that shit!

As much as I moved my body I couldn't get from under him, I lifted my arms towards his chest and shoved, ignoring the warmth that spread through my fingertips and spread down. I lifted my legs and hips trying to buck him off but it was as if his body suddenly weighed a ton. I called upon my wolf's strength but even that didn't help me. His eyes went back to blue, the black retracting back into his pupils but that didn't stop me from trying to slip from under him.

His lips parted to show me a pair of impressive white filed teeth with long sharp-looking canines. Some part of me wondered if he used Cresent Crisp and Clear toothpaste. Stupid, I know.

"Stop." Deep, husky, alluring and thick with some unknown accent was what he sounded like with just that one word.

His voice did something to me, literally. Immediately, I stopped thrashing underneath him and not by choice. While the meaning of what he said made sense in my mind, my ears could not comprehend the noises his lips made. There was a disconnection that made me feel slightly unbalanced. I had never taken a language class outside of Spanish in school, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have been able to understand what he said. 

And I did, my body just froze as I looked up dazzled by the man before or in this case, on top of me. How was this happening? My limbs locked and tightened into place without my permission, my heart was beating frantically in my chest. He tilted his head, gazing down at me with a keenness that made me want to squirm, but I couldn't. I wanted to open my mouth, to yell, to shout, get this hot weirdo from off me. My wolf was silent but I could feel worry coming off of her but the majority of her emotions were happy, excited and just about content. Out of all the wolves, mine must have been the most carefree in the worst of times.

"Now, why would the gods grant me a mate? She must be a peace-offering. The Luna card. Well played Fate, well-played." The blue-eyed god over me muttered lowly under his breath with a crossed look on his beautiful face. 

While he spoke I had a sense he wasn't asking me directly because the tone he used was scornful yet cautious, curious. What surprised me was how fast my brain seemed to translate whatever language he was speaking. It was like, whatever he said passed into my head, but I heard it in English. Did he have anything to do with this? 

That didn't sit well with me, an offering? Oh hell no. I am not a sacrifice! Who was this guy talking about? Luna? What was going on? And why was he still on top of me!? This guy couldn't be my mate could he?Why was I here? Where was here anyway? Was he in charge? Gods? I had a shit load of questions but I would gladly stay quiet if it meant this intimidating man was far, far away from me with his bewitching eyes and beautiful hair that I wanted to run my finger's-No,no, no. I needed to focus on the situation at hand. What the heck was this guy going on about?

Great. Finally meet my mate and he turns out to be in a crazy cult, not even pack, but cult, killing of the innocent and I'm next. Just my luck too.

The man over me suddenly leaned his head close to me until he was inches away from my lips, eyes close to my boring brown ones. I held my breath. He looked calmly into my eyes and then closed his, touching his nose to mine and then skimming it over my left cheek, breathing in my scent at the same time. I was sure if I was standing I would have swooned. His next words were whispered into my ear in a chillingly flat tone, his breath fanning over my shoulder.

"Although you enthrall me, I do not believe those ass kissers. I do not trust you. You are so. . . cute. It's a shame."

Whatever hold he had on me was suddenly broken, my muscles unlocking. But now I was held prisoner by my fear, my mind trying to tell me that he was giving me a threat, that any movement and he would kill me. But my wolf disagreed, not wanting to believe it, while the human part of me knew by the calculating looking in his blue eyes and the vicious way his lips were pulled back baring his teeth at me that I was particularly correct. But which side? When he spoke this time I was surprised to hear the thickness of his words, and this time my mind and ears didn't have to focus on two different things because he spoke in English and what he said scared me more then when he wasn't speaking the other odd sounding language.

"Now what shall I do with you?" His voice was smooth and taunting me. Enjoying our position. His English pronunciation was clear but with an edge to it as if he hadn't used it in a while.

I couldn't think of a better answer than the one I gave and had I died then and there, I think I would have been embarrassed that those were my last words.

"Let me go?" I answer sheepishly, my words coming out shaky and high-pitched.

His expression was stripped clean off his face but I could sense his surprise in my answer as if he had expected me to either not answer or beg for my life. And I would if it was the last choice.

"No." He stated, his tone matching his expression.

No? I began to babble stupidly, barging for my life. He had to let me go right? I mean, mate or not he couldn't keep me here, wherever that was, against my will. I chose not to mention the mate thing, maybe he'd ignore it like I would. My wolf growled at me for thinking we would be able to ignore this fine-looking specimen.

"Look, I don't know your name, and that's fine, how about we keep it like that. That way I won't tell anyone about this whole misunderstanding. You're clearly looking for someone else and I'm not her. You know mistakes happen everyday, not that people get kidnapped at random, but who knows, wrong place, wrong time right?" I asked quickly.

He blinked at me.

I continued, maybe the more I talked the more he'd realize I was a nutcase. Mom did say that if I was ever kidnapped before the kidnapping events happened, that the people would return me, realizing that it would cost more to keep me than to let me go, 'cause you know. . . Hostages gotta eat. And I love food. And talking.

"You know, while we're agreeing about releasing me," His eyes narrowed "you might as well get from off me. Personal space is something everyone has a right to and you're not following the rules buddy. You're in my bubble, my bubble. Now if I had a choice, I wouldn't be all up in your bubble, " Liar " so you should get out of mine. Would you look at that, it's time for me to go, so I'm just gonna be on my way now, but you kind of have to get off of me first. I'm not calling you fat or anything but you weigh like-"

"Stop talking woman." There was a momentary disconnection between what I was hearing and what I understood.

My mouth shut on command, I narrowed my eyes at him bravely. Now knowing it was him controlling my body with his little weird commands that my mind understood but stupidly followed.

"I will not release you, so accept that now and move on because it's likely that you will never leave here. . . At least alive that is." Dread welled up in my chest while tears pricked at the corner of my eye at his threat. He spoke with empty words as if he didn't just threaten me. And since he had just done it, I guess what really hurt was that he said so as if I weren't his mate.

One of his hands fisted into my hair and pulled my face closer to his face. I closed my eyes out of the fright at the emotions coursing through my body. Fear, excitement, happiness, anger, confusion, I was overwhelmed and didn't know what was going on at the moment. He took in a deep breath and then groaned deeply from the back of his throat, the sound he made caused me to shift my legs under him.

"As much as I'm sure I would enjoy the perks of a mating bond, this is probably what they want. I won't kill you because I don't know how attached we are because of those bastards and I have no doubt they made sure we were, but I also won't fall into their hands and mark or mate you. Who knows, you might be on their side and stab me in my sleep." Each word spoken was like a stab in my heart. 

My wolf snarled at the accusations thrown at us by our mate but I could tell it was a false one to hide her hurt. We wanted to whimper and plead for him to take back his words, a hollowness entering my chest with a painful clench of my heart. I bit my lip, and pushed past this strange pain. It gave me enough strength to open my mouth and speak, pushing past his command.

"I don't know what you're going on about, but  please just let me go if you don't ...-don't want me." I forced the words out of my mouth. They came out in a whisper, pain evident in my tone.

Mates were chosen for a reason, one for the other and rejecting your other half was taboo, the mate that was weaker wouldn't last a chance once the other walked away. One mate was always stronger, so that when both completed the mating bond, there would be equality between the two. Based on the power radiated from him I knew he would be fine without me, while I would probably crawl into the forest and yell my pain out then let death claim me if my mate did not. His tone was darker when he spoke, forcing my eyes to open, I caught his eyes gazing intently down at me with a strange expression. 

"Even if you do or don't work for them you were made for me and me only. If you do work for them I will enjoy showing you who's side you should choose, " His eyes held a dark sensual promise in them that made my heart start pounding all over again "and if you don't, I'm sure I can still change your mind. But you are not leaving. Ever. You are mine." 

I take back what I said earlier, his wolf, was the most indecisive one in the world.

The blood pumping in my veins was lava hot, nerves came to life in my body at the same time. My mind and body fighting a battle with each other over how to take his words. While my mind  was angered by the way he treated me so casual one second, then to threaten me only to end up confusing me with claiming me for himself but not claiming me at the same time. My body, to put it short, found his words as a turn on. The way he seductively spoke with confidence as if he knew exactly what he wanted and was just giving a pre-warning. But what did he want?

"Why?" Was all I asked.

I didn't know most of what he spoke off so I was in the dark. Who did he think I worked for? What did he mean when he spoke of our bond? And why would he not claim me but keep me here if he didn't want me? All these questions floated around my head, stacking up one after the other. He didn't answer me, just looked down at me with those wild like blue eyes. He wasn't going to answer, I could see it on his face. I went for an easier question.

"What's your name?" I asked seriously, my brows raised, trying a new tactic. 

"I'll humor you." His face darkened for a moment but the corner of his lips turned up, smirking at me he leaned down next to my ear. I held still, the grip he had on my hair relaxing.

"Your people call me the Lupus Deus." He whispered.

I froze from under him. It didn't happen for long however. 

Immediately I raised my arms and pushed at his shoulders with my hands, he surprised me by allowing me to shove him off of me. He rolled over me to lay beside where I had been. I scrambled off of the large silver colored bed we were on. When I finally made it off of the bed I tumbled a little, my muscles sore and stiff, I turned to look for the door. Whatever fear I had for this man grew in hundreds at his words, making me stumble around with shaky legs.

"Oh my god, oh my god. Shit. Fucking fuck! This can not be happening to me!" My wolf was quite, traitor. Just if she tried anything I put up my mental barrier up so she wouldn't force her way to the front. It was risky but I had to, for all I knew she would submit to him on the spot.

I was so stupid. How did I not realize this before. It was all there. The power radiating off of him, the paralyzing commands, the reason I was here for fuck sakes! I should have known when I opened my eyes where or with who I was with but his looks distracted me. 

Stupid! Stupid!Stupid!

We were in a large room with the bed close to the wall but in the center, the floor lifted up off the floor with two steps. I looked around the black painted walls with dark furniture pushed back, I saw a door and ran over to it, locked. I turned and made eye contact with the god that was on the bed with his arms under his head, following me with his eyes. I looked past him and saw a door that must have been the exit. I looked back at him and saw that he had sat up, both arms supporting his top half. His face said it all. 

I dare you. 

I looked down at my feet and realized I was bare footed. What? I ignored it and without looking at him took off across the room to the large black door. As my hand reached for the handle a large shadow loomed over my frame, I felt more than heard his presence behind me before my body slammed forward, pinning me to the exact door that I was trying to get out off. I let out a gasp of surprise.

"No!" I wheezed out.

Before I could move both hands were suddenly grabbed by the wrist and forced above my head where they were pinned with a solid grip. I felt his legs part behind me, his pelvis pushing against my back- holy crap! How tall is this guy? - pushing my stomach harder into the door, limiting my movement. His legs slipped in between mine, parting my legs. I was sure he'd put me in a starfish position. I'm also sure had I not been afraid of him I would have found this position slightly more...pleasing.

I felt him shift around a little behind me before he lowered his head next to my ear. I felt a small victory at the knowledge that he had to make himself smaller to reach me. My skin pricked at where his hands gripped me tightly, I clenched my hands into fists and pulled at his hold. He tisked behind me.

"That was naughty of you Vivian." I held still when I heard my name come out if his mouth in a purr. My eyes widened for three reasons.

The first obvious. He knew my name.

The second being that one he moved my hands together and then held both with one of his, his other arm making its way down to my waist where he gripped me. I held my breath. This was a little too intimate for me.

The third being that I wasn't facing the door anymore but his chest. Turning me faster than I could comprehend to face him. I looked up and gulped. While we were laying down- him on top of me that is - I hadn't realized just how large his structure was or how much he truly did loom over me. He had a strong and lean figure yet broad and firm body, my head barely making it to the middle of his chest. A black T-shirt expanded over his pecs, the shirt clinging to him for dear life. Lucky shirt.

I didn't look up from his chest, every second that passed made me shift from under his hold.

Well isn't this a somewhat familiar position.

" While I admire your drive, this isn't the door you're looking for. Stay away from it. Both doors in fact." He said coarsely with a hint of smugness in his tone.

"Look Mr.Lupus god, ya nice meeting you. Heard a lot about you. But now knowing who you are I'm one hundred and twenty-nine point one cent sure that this is a whole misunderstanding. Whoever brought me was most definitely high. We probably aren't even mates," I sort of flinched at my words while he froze against me but I kept going. " to begin with so once again I think I should go. You wouldn't want to lose your day with someone as insignificant as me. You know, you probably got people to kill, chain, torture, kidnap. . . release. . ."  I tried once more to hint out my freedom.

There was some mistake here.

There had to be.

He ignored my words and leaned his head down to nuzzled the top of my head, breathing in deeply. His chest got closer to my face, I had to fight the urge to nuzzled him back, not knowing how he would react.

"I'm going to let go of you now," I sighed in relief. "physically I mean. I'll be back soon. You are not to leave this room without me." I clenched my teeth. Feeling my feet suddenly firmly push into the ground. 

He ignored my words and leaned his head down to nuzzle the top of my head, breathing in deeply. His chest got closer to my face, I had to fight the urge to nuzzle him back, not knowing how he would react.

"I'm going to let go of you now," I sighed in relief. "physically I mean. I'll be back soon." He said something more in that command filled language. I clenched my teeth. Feeling my feet suddenly firmly push into the ground.

"You are not to leave this room without me."

He did let me go, taking slow steps back as he walked backward. I noticed he was making his way to a door that I had missed, damn. I didn't move from my position. Not trusting myself. I didn't know whether I would try pushing past him or collapse on the floor with everything that had been going on lately. I still didn't look at his face while he walked back, not even looking in his direction when he talked, I glared at a plug in the wall by me.

"Just to let you know, if you do work for them, if you try and send a message to them, it won't work. And if you do, I'll know. And believe me when I tell you that it won't end well for you if I do." He stated harshly with the threat evident, out of the corner of my eye I saw him turn his back to me. Who the hell was them?

I heard the door open and before he walked out I chose to look up, making eye contact with him. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. His multicolored blue into my chocolate brown. His face expressionless and mine probably pale with sudden tiredness. It looked like he was thinking something over in his head, whatever it was he made a choice.

"You can call me Zaliver." He said flatly and shut the door.

It was quiet in the room.

"Zaliver." I repeated in a dazed whisper.

His name rolled off of my tongue perfectly.

Zaliver, the Lupus Deus.

My mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 10.6K 64
"Do you think you could love him?" She asks me, hopeful. "If he was made for me don't you think he would be better to me, treat me like an equal? Don...
72.8K 2.6K 51
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...
223K 3.3K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
5.8K 320 30
(Editing grammar and sentence structure) Losing your parents at three years of age and having to grow up too soon to rule the most feared pack in the...