My Life As Emmalyn: The Colle...

By lystrandra

(formerly known as My Bad Boy Stepbrother 2) My stepbrother Jason and I aren't in love with each other. No, w... More

My Bad Boy Stepbrother 2
Siblings are the best.
The thirst is real
Boys Just Want to Have Fun
Netflix. Nuff said.
Boy Shorts
Sister sister
Clubbing
We all scream for Ice Cream
Run Run Run
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Not an update

Frats

6.2K 265 40
By lystrandra

"LET'S GO!" Ryan pleads once more. Why do I feel like this is deja vu?

"Go bother Loren," I mutter as I glance a her. "What time is it?

"10:45!" She skips around. "Loren is getting ready already."

"Where are you guys going?" I squint around. I was tired from all that studying so I ended up knocking out at 9.

"Silly you," she clucks her tongue at me. "That frat is having a party. Phi Kappa Psi I think? We are not going to miss a party as big as this!"

"Have fun without me," I shrug and snuggle back into my warm bed.

"Your brother is in that frat!" She whips the blanket off my bed. I immediately shiver and crawl into a ball. I hate her.

"No, he isn't. He's in Sigma Alpha Beta Kappa Phi...." I mumble and try to yank the blanket back. "Gimme...gimme..."

"That frat doesn't even exist. You just mixed up a bunch of random words." True, i did do that. It sounded legitimate in my ears.

"Ry, did you get that lazy shit out of bed?" Loren peeps into the room. She sees me reaching for the blanket and says, "Nevermind."

I successfully grab my blanket back as Ryan's attention turns to Loren. A victory for me!

"She doesn't want to go," Ryan shrugs.

Loren struts toward us with her lacy black bralette and high-wasted black shorts. Her pale skin and silky black hair looks good with the outfit. When I first saw her, I thought she would be quiet and shy because of her almost "nerdy asian" look. I say that affectionately of course. Loren is the move lovable bitch I could ever have as a roomate.

"C'mon you have to go to your first party! You're more of a nerd than me, and that's saying something. I'm fucking Asian." She says.

"I have two exams tomorrow." I wave her away. "I am not going to spend my precious sleep hours on booze and drugs."

"You need some fun!" Ryan and Loren grab onto me.

"Let go!" I slap their arms away. "You guys suck."

"No, you suck babe." Loren frowns. "You can't miss this party. It's going to be so turnt!"

"Exactly why I want to avoid it." I grumble, "not everything is about drinking and partying."

"Your brother will be there," Ryan pokes me.

"Exactly why I want to avoid it." I shake my finger at them. "Nothing you say will change my mind. Nothing!"

"Whatevs," they stick their tongue out at me. "Even if I buy you Chipotle?" Ryan tries one more time.

I guess I am more of a fatass than I think for I momentarily hesistate. Eventually, I tell them once more, "Even if you buy me Chipotle. No."

They waver at the door for a few minutes, probably feeling guilty that I am not going. "You sure you don't want anything then? We can bring you something?" Ryan bites her lip and frowns.

"I'm okay." I smile. "Go! Have fun! Be safe of course. Call me if you need me to pick you guys up or something."

"I have my rape whistle handy." Loren pulls it out of her purse.

"Mine too." Ryan winks. "And it's not that far away. Tanner is going to be our DD. It's his turn."

"That sounds good." I nod. After Sunny's stupid little clubbing incident, I was a bit paranoid with any type of partying too. "Be safe, okay?"

"Yes, mom!" They laugh.

They leave shortly. I go back to reviewing some more concepts for tomorrow's test.

****

The sound of a phone ringing wakes me up. I must have dozed off. I sit up abruptly from my desk and search for it. Now where did I hide it? When I study, I try to put my phone as far away as possible so I don't get distracted.

I find it underneath my pillow. The caller ID reads an unknown number .

"Hello?" I answer it warily.

"Thank God! I've called you like five times!"

"Loren?" I recognize her voice, though her words are slightly slurred. "What happened?" I start getting ready to leave my dorm room.

"You know how Ryan and Tanner are clueless buffoons who like each other but don't know it? Ryan might have drank a little too much and saw Tanner kissing some chick. She ran away and I have been looking for her for the past hour. I can't find her, and I'm-" her words get all mumbled as she talks rapidly.

"Slow down." I tell her. By now, I'm already starting my car and on my way.

"And I've been asking her but nobody has seen her."

"Did you at least tell Tanner you can't find her?"

"Oh yeah," Loren pauses and gasps, "I'll go do that. You're so smart!"

I frown at all the scenarios that Ryan could be in. I hope for the best.

"You sure nobody has seen her?" I ask once more, "and how much have you and Ryan drank?"

"Not much! Ryan maybe a lot?". She replies. "I've been drinking water for the past half hour." That makes me relieved. She's responsible enough.

"I'll be there in less than 5 min. Meet me at the front door."

I get near the place, but the street is so crowded that I end up parking two blocks away. I shove my way to the place, cringing at the amount of people and sounds I hear. I spot Loren's familiar face at the front door.

"I'll go look for her." I shout into her ear for the music is blasting too loud.

"Okay!" Loren bobs her head enthusiastically. "Thank you! Thank you!" She hugs me.

"Yeah," I shy away a little from her sweaty body.

"Do you want me to follow you?" She stares at me.

"I'm good! Go see if you can find her!" I reply. I stick some earplugs in my ears to drown out the awful music.

I start with the bedrooms. I hope everything is PG-13.

Ha. Who am I kidding? This is a college frat party.

I check into each bedroom. The locks are simple to get in to. It only takes a few seconds before I pick the lock.

After five rooms and some graphic images i don't want to see again, I stand in front of my brother's room. He usually keeps his door locked for parties, so I don't think anyone would be in.

The doorknob twists easily: it's unlocked.

I enter the room and turn on the light. Two figures on the bed freeze.

"Are you fu**ing kidding me?" The words slip out angrily.

There, on the bed, lies Jason kissing Ryan.

"Oh hell naw," I cross my arms.

"Em.." Ryan begins. She faces me; her eyes are red and swollen. "I.."

Sunny gets away from Ryan and looks towards me, "Emmy?"

"Ryan, go to the bathroom and clean up." I say. She runs toward the bathroom, wrapping the sheet around her and picking up her clothes. Her face flames up as she rushes past me.

"Jason, I thought you knew better than to take advantage of drunk girls. And even worse? My roommate? She's drunk and hurt! I can't believe you would do that! You're...AUGH!" I scream in frustration.

"I didn't know she was your roommate! I swear!" Jason defends himself. "Plus, she threw herself at me! I was helping her. She was crying, and I was just helping her-"

"-helping her undress?" I scoff. "Right."

"No, I just-"

"-took advantage of an innocent girl? At least she's of legal age or she could have charged you with statutory rape! Hell, she could still charge you as sexual harassment! She will wake up feeling mortified! Ryan is like my sister! This will ruin our relationship, and yours too! Ryan and Tanner like each other!" I rant.

"I fucked up." Jason groans and throws himself onto the bed. He lies there and runs his fingers through his blond hair. "I didn't make a move on her though, but one thing led to another and..."

"Don't bother finishing that." I shake my head. "Here, I'm going to go find Ryan. You stay here and do whatever."

"I'll come with you." Jason puts on clothes.

"No, stay there." I leave.

He follows.

I find Ryan in the bathroom downstairs. She looks better, not much better. Her hair is messy and her makeup all over.

She isn't alone.

I see Tanner next to her. His face contorts into an angry expression. Tanner grits his teeth together. Ryan hides behind him with tear-streak cheeks and wide eyes. Loren is beside her.

Aw man. Ryan told Tanner. She must have felt guilty. She should have waited until she sobered up a little. Alcohol makes people stupid. That's a reason why underage drinking is dangerous; you become reckless.

Tanner looks furious. Plus, he is the DD, so that makes his reflexes unhindered if he starts a fight.

I glance around at the people around us. I worry a fight is about to come, and the people will only egg them on.

"Man, we only kissed," Jason begins explaining as soon as he sees them. "I didn't-"

Tanner charges at Jason.

They fall.

The atmosphere turns silent.

Everyone stares are Jason and Tanner, gasping and pointing.

"Holy shit! It's Jace and Tanner! They're fighting!" Someone screams.

Immediately, people rush toward and begin chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

I search for frat members to break it up. However, it seems like the people near us are barricading them.

Must I always be the one to handle these things?

I watch them begin to brawl it out. Jason is slower, inhibited by his drinking. Tanner is clear and fast.

This is not going to end well.

******

Sorry for late update!!!!):

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 33.3K 41
It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was supposed to be loyal to my brother and av...
14.1K 1.1K 43
He is a ruthless, invincible, notorious bad boy who is broken with indiscreet, volatile emotions, hiding a dark secret. She is a compassionate, inno...
181K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...
510K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...