Promises (Thomas x reader)

By potato_girI

One mistake is all it takes for a girl to arrive in the Glade. One mistake for the Gladers to regain hope aga... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The First Girl
Chapter 2: The Bonfire
Chapter 3: Jobs
Chapter 4: (Y/N)
Chapter 5: Finally Out
ANNOUNCEMENT (NOT AN UPDATE)
Chapter 6: A New Arrival
CHAPTER 7:Curiosity
Chapter 8: Thomas
Chapter 9: Regrets
Chapter 10: Similarities
Chapter 11: Lies & Trust
Chapter 12: Dreams and Reality
Chapter 14: Back to reality?? (Pt 2)
Chapter 14: Back to Normal (Pt2)
Chapter 15: Mysteries
Chapter 16: The Fall
Chapter 17: Choices +Important announcment
Final Chapter 18: Lost and Found
About the second book

Chapter 13: Back to Normal (Pt.1)

2.7K 46 52
By potato_girI

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.:

  I have been taking small walks near the doors for the past 6 hours. The sun had already started rising and some people had already woken up. Chuck was still sleeping soundlessly on the makeshifted bed. I listened to the grievers faint angry growlings in the distance. I've been thinking about how wrong it was to talk to Newt like that. I had regreted it so bad but there was nothing I could do at the moment and even though I knew that I couldn't stop thinking about it. Winston who had just woke up came to me and we started talking about random things to kill time. Nothing important really, nothing important I can remember at least. Some bad jokes (That I would gladly share at the author's corner) and random conversations about the wether and food. Time passed by faster after that and without even realizing it all the Gladers had woken up and it was about time the doors would open. 

Everyone had gathered near the doors waiting for the familiar sound of the huge stone doors moving which didn't took long to be heard. I could hear everyones heartbeat getting faster and louder, we were all anxious, we all wanted to see or wanted to believe that at least one of them would be just around the corner badly injured but alive. Chuck who had also woken up stood next to me to the front. I shut my eyes closed and started wishing, praying for their return. I only opened them when the doors stopped moving.

'No sight of them'

I thought dissapointed.

"I told you Chuck they were not gonna make it" I heard Newt sayng to Chuck. I looked down and I heard the Gladers' heavy footsteps walking away. All of them started leaving all but Chuck and I. We really belived in their return thus they would, they had to return ,all of them.

  I kept looking at the maze's long corridor when I felt Chuck's hand seeking mine. I took my eyes off the maze and looked at Chuck. He was about to cry. I hugged him tightly.

"Nothing is for sure yet" I wispered and looked back at the maze's entrance. I felt and was able to hear Chuck sobbing. I looked- no stared at the maze's entrance waiting expecting to see them my heartbeat got faster and faster and then I saw it. 

"No way" Said Zart who had turned around. Chuck hearing this also looked up and with a shanking voice he started cheering, cause there they where, two boys running to get out alive and well.

  I run off to go take the backbag I had with water and food to give to the boys smiling on my way. When I returned some boys took care of Alby while others had already started questioning the boys. I didn't hear much of the conversation just Minho say "He killed it" whatever that meant.

"Ok boys out of the way!" I said and went closer to Thomas and Minho and offered them flasks with water and two sandwicthes one for each one.

Minho took the flask and the food and thanked me, then it was Thomas' turn.

"Thank you" He said and when he reached out for the flask he accidentally touched my fingers and blushed.

"No" I said "Thank you" I corrected him and smiled. I knew it was all thanks to Thomas, that Alby and Minho had returned back safely. I was sure of that. He just smiled back and looked down embarassed something that I found extremely cute. I took a look at Alby who was laid down on the ground until someone would bring something they could carry him with in to the medjacks. He was badly injured.

"You have to go to sleep now" Said Jeff placing his hand on my shoulder. "You've done your part" He smiled.

"But Newt said that-" I was interrupted   

"Screw Newt, you need rest Y/N!" He said with a comforting look.

"We will take care of them" Said Clint that was standing a few feet away with an indifferent yet worried tone.

"Thanks guys" I said, yawned and went off to sleep. 

  As I was walking I took a last glance at Thomas. I caught him looking at me too but when he realised I had seen him he immediatly looked away and I did the same and never looked back again. When I arrived I fell flat to my hammock and drifted to a peaceful dreamless sleep.

Timeskip:

"Y/N. Y/N! wake up!" I heard a voice calling me. I opened my eyes to see a boy's face right above my head.

"AAAaah!! What the heck Alec?!" I screamed getting startled. "Is everything alright?" I asked seeing him in a hurry.

"Well sorry about that but they are putting Thomas in trial for breaking a rule and we all have to be there" He said. "In the main hut I mean" He became more specific "Now excuse me I have to tell the rest of the Gladers bye" He said and went off running. Throughout this whole... well... monologue I didn't manage to say I word, I just stood there.

'What just happened?'

I thought but then I realised.

'Are they for real now?! He saved Minho and they want to punish him?'

I got up got dressed and left all in the span of 30sec. I was so mad.

'Who does Gally think he is to punish someone!'

I thought as I walked towards to what we called the main hut. We had named it that way cause it was the place where Alby and the keepers where taking big decisions such as punishments or new rules. it was also big enough to have all the Gladers inside and it was built well enough to the point where it could stand a hurricane or at least that's what the builders claimed. I went in aggressively. I spotted Thomas sitting on a corner ,a sceptical Minho who was standing up and Gally talking to some other Gladers, in other words trashing Thomas that had done nothing wrong. I went to him holding back the urge to punch him in the face, again.

"Hey!" I shouted at him. He turned to look at him with a face that said ' oh no what are you doing here'. The boys he was talking to left immediately. "What do you think you are doing?" I asked him pissed off.

"Punishing someone who broke the rules" He said calmer than me as if he was saying something obvious.

"This guy saved Alby!" I yelled at him.

"Y/N!" I heard Newt saying from behind me.

"This guy went in the maze knowing the dangers and ignoring all of our warning and orders, he has to get punished" He said and pointed rudely at Thomas.

"Exactly he was brave enough to go in knowing he might never come out and strong enough to manage to get out of the maze unharmed saving our leader, how could I be so blind, you are absolutely right we have to punish him!" I said sarcastically.

"Y/N sit down, NOW!" He ordered. Defeated I went to sit down. As I was walking though I looked over at Minho.

"You were lucky enough that Thomas was there to save your ass" I told him. He looked down ashamed and I sat down next to Jeff and Alec. Then the trial started.

   Gally was the one to talk first.

"Things are changing there is no denying that" He admitted introducing us to the issue we would discuss. "First Ben gets stung in broad daylight and now Alby" He said showing the Gladers that these changes led to nothing good, a pretty smart move I admit even tho I hate him. "And now our Greenie here went in the maze which is a clear violation of our rules!" He said completely ignoring the reason why he went in and the fact that he had saved Alby.

"Yeah but he saved Alby's life..." Frypan defended Thomas.

'Thank God someone here has a brain and is using it'

I though still angry at the fact that we were going to punish someone who did nothing but good.  Gally looked at us then Frypan.

"Did he?" He said doubting him. With this question I noticed Newt that has been looking at Gally as if he was saying the most stupid thing in the world suddenly being interested. Satisfied with his reaction Gally continued. "For three years we've been coexisting with these thing and now..." He paused and turned to Thomas "You killed one" 

'He did what?!'

This fact shocked me. I had witnessed first hand how terrifying and stronger these things were and against us and he managed to actually kill one!

'There is no way!'

I though and then I realised what an insignificant impact I had been to the Gladers. Up until then I had been thinking that resisting to their belives about the Glade and the maze, surviving a night in there were something but none of these changed anything at all and now... Thomas...who has been here for less than a week not only survived a night in the maze, not only killed a Griever but has managed to change literally everything in the Glade. And with that realization I knew, I knew that he would be the one to get us out and that I wanted to follow him to the end of our world.

"I say we make him a runner" I heard and my attention was swifted back to the trial. Minho made that suggestion and honestly I wholeheartedly agreed. Of course his suggestion caused a huge ruckus but I didn't care. Minho looked at me and I smiled and nodded him a thank you. We both then looked at Newt because in the end of the day he makes the final decision. Newt was smirking which was a pretty good sign. Gally underestanding that if he didn't say anything he would loose started talkind loudly trying to calm down the Gladers when suddenly-

*bvrrrrrr bvrrrrrr*

(yes indeed I have upgrated the box's sound lmao)

 The familiar noice was heard.

"The box is coming up..." I said and everyone started running towards it to see what was happening. Gally and Newt were the first to reach it and without wasting any time Newt Jumped in the box. When the rest of us reached it we were surprised to see...

"It's a girl" Said Newt.

"I think she is dead" Another boy commented.

"What's that on her hand?" Asked another.

Newt noticed the piece of paper she was holding took it and unfolded it.

"She is the last one, ever" He read out loud for all of us to hear.

  No one knew what was happening then, first a Griever get's killed then the box comes up earlier than it should and now another girl who might be the last addition to the Glade. None of these made any sense, why us why then? We couldn't answer, but one this was certain... 

Things were changing and they were changing fast....

 A/C+ spoiler:

Hello people yes this is a late update and yes it was a small chapter but please spare me, I needed a break. Anyway I'm gonna give you a small spoiler for the next chapter...The girl that came up in the box.....is not......dead lmao. Anyway I'm really excited for the next chapter and trust me you should too ( actual mild spoiler: you and Thomas will have a moment olala) but until then you'll have to wait.

Joke time: Ghosts are really bad liers bruh like literally everyone can see right through them (hey I never said it would be a good one lol)

Thanks for reading

P.S.: Thanks to all of you who leave a comment for whatever reason, they always make me laugh smile and I love knowing your thoughts on the book. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 6 6
CRAZINESS and a bunch of ideas that come into my head about the maze runner movies that I think are fun to include in the maze runner franchise 🫣 ...
1.1K 24 13
y/n arrives into the maze being the only girl ever. y/n and newt start to get close as time progresses. she starts to get her memories back when th...
3.2K 149 32
Y/n is the only girl in the glade, she struggles day to day with someone who torments her and is torn between Gally and newt- this book does contain...
116K 3.1K 39
A promise held them together. A promise between the only girl and the blonde boy. It's the glue in their friendship, but realization comes into play...