Her Beautiful Innocence

By iguessiwritebooksnow

❝How did we get here?❞ I asked him as he twirled my hair between his fingers. He lifted my head up from his c... More

Prologue ♥ | 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗
Chapter 1 | 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜
Chapter 2 | 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚑𝚘'𝚕𝚕 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎
Chapter 3 | 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜
4 | 𝒫𝒶𝓎 𝒜𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
5 | 𝐿𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝑒𝓇
6 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓏-𝒱𝑜𝓊𝓈
7 | 𝐻𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒦𝑜𝓃𝑔
8 | 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓹𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓘𝓽
9 | 𝓛𝓪𝓹-𝓢𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰
10 | 𝓙𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓾𝓼𝔂
11 | 𝓔𝓷𝓮𝓶𝓲𝓮𝓼
12 | 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔦𝔣𝔱
13 | 𝔉𝔯𝔢𝔢
14 | 𝔏𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔏𝔬𝔬𝔰𝔢
15 | ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶
16 | 𝒢𝑒𝓃𝒾𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝒶 𝐵❀𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒
17 | 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
18 | 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝒷𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒫𝒾𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓈
19 | 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔
20 | ᴊᴀᴄᴋᴇᴛ
21 | ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴛ
22 | ᴄᴀʀ ʀɪᴅᴇ
23 | ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
24 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐈𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
25 | 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐑𝐮𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬
26 | 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫
27 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫
28 | ᵀʰᵉ ᴬᵈᵈʳᵉˢˢ
29 | "ˢʰⁱᵗ"
31 | ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵁᵖ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹʸˢᵉˡᶠ
32 | ♥ ᴘɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇꜱᴛ ♥
33 | ♥ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ♥
34 | ♥ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴡᴇ ᴍᴇ ♥
35 | ♥ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟᴍ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴍ ♥
36 | 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃 𝐵
37 | 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮
38 | 𝓔𝓼𝓬𝓪𝓹𝓮
39 | 𝓣𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓷
40 | 𝐆𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤
41 | 𝐏𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
42 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩
Epilogue ♥ | 𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

30 | ₃ ₐ.ₘ.

7.7K 229 7
By iguessiwritebooksnow

A/N: Hey! Thanks for staying this long, and sorry for always having to wait for an update :/ School just absolutely sucks...

Please VOTE if you like this chapter, enjoy :)

Sophia's POV

The three of us - me, Evie and Arabella - were sitting on my bed once again. I was on the verge of crying, yet the tears haven't fallen yet. Evie was stroking Bella's hair, while her head was laying on Evie's shoulder. 

Stupid mistake. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I shouldn't have shown them. This is all my fault. My heart ached at the sight in front of me. A girl - my friend - who took all the culpability.

"We already told you, Bella, it's okay. It wasn't your fault, in any kind of way. No need to apologise," I spoke with a light and tender tone, hoping to calm Bella down. I set the tissue box next to her on the comforter.

Bella spread her lips again, as if she were to say her sorrows again. "I know, I know. But I can't help to feel sorry. It was my idea to-" 

"Bella... We're here now. We made it out without anybody getting hurt. Nothing's going to happen-"

"Yeah, but you could have died because of me," she sniffled, a remorseful look o her face. She stood up and faced me. "And you almost did."

Neither me nor Evie knew what to say, all we wanted was for Bella not to blame herself. "Can I go to your bathroom?" she asked, staring everywhere but our faces, avoiding any eye contact. 

"Sure. It's right across my room," I pointed to my door. She nodded and went outside, closing the door behind her. Evie and I spontaneously looked at each other as soon as the door made a clicking sound. 

"I hope she's alright," I mumbled delicately. Evie hummed in response. 

"Yeah, but we've got to understand how she feels. I've known her for years, and something that's always easily brought her down, is guilt," Evie expressed her sympathy. I nodded. 

"Maybe we can do something to lift her mood?" I suggested. Evie smiled in agreement.

"Maybe we can, if that's alright with you and your parents, of course, have a sleepover here? But we can do it at my house if you want," she said nervously, though her excitement outshined it. Bella, Evie and I have been planning on hanging out together on a weekend at school before, so I guess why not now?

"No, no, that's fine. It's a great idea, and my parents'll like it very much as well. They always worry that I'm not social enough, that I don't have enough friends," I explained. "But the moment I meet a boy and actually start talking to them, they want me to stay in my room," I shook my head at their silliness. What's the difference, they're both just friends, right? But due to my parents' dislike towards boys, I haven't even told them about my friendship with Logan and Grayson and Kyle. Let alone that I've, since yesterday, had my first kiss.      

Evie laughed. "I understand, my parents - well, specifically Dad - is just like that with boys. Though, for my social status, it's the exact opposite. They always think I get too clingy with my friends or hang out so much that they barely see me," she rolled her eyes and talked as if they were exaggerating, which they probably were. According to me, parents tend to exaggerate everything to get across their point.  

"So, does Bella like watching movies?" I asked, already thinking about what we could regard. 

"Is that even a question?" Evie grinned, and therefore I knew the answer, copying her enthusiasm. I told her to wait there while I sprinted downstairs and grabbed the DVD-book from our living room, with all the DVDs we owned inside.   

When I returned to my room, Bella was back. Her eyes were still a little puffy and her cheeks displayed red blotches - you could see she has been crying - but I smiled nevertheless, showing them the album of movies I brought. 

"You can choose, I've seen almost all of them anyway, and I don't mind watching them again," I handed it to Bella, who had a grateful smile on her face. It warmed my heart. 

-

"Okay, I've got the popcorn with me, the TV is working, and the lights are..." I turned off the lights from the living room, "off. We're ready for out movie night!" I exclaimed happily, putting the bowl with snack on the small coffee table in front of the ouch. 

My parents were already upstairs, as it was currently 9 pm. My mom was an early bird, hence she also didn't stay up late very often. My dad, however, was probably still working a little on his computer, though he was in their bedroom, so we wouldn't bother each other. 

When we all got cozy under the blankets, I pushed the play-button and the opening scene with music was starting. "Thanks, Soph," said Bella out of nowhere. "For tonight." Evie nodded, going along with her statement. 

"No worries, guys. I've wanted to do this with you anyways," I smiled at them, and then we quieted down as the main character's first scene came up. 

⌜ Grayson's POV ⌝

A few hours later...

She asked me to come to her house again. She didn't tell me why, just that I had to come. I couldn't tell her the time exactly when I'd be here, she knew that. I still had to discuss some things at my house with Jake, Kyle and Anderson.

She told me she had put the keys to her front door under the doormat. At first, I thought: no, that's an unwise place. Anyone could simply take it. But there wasn't a better place to hide it, she told me.

So, as I stepped out of my car, I walked up to the front porch and bent down. I felt a minor wave of relief wash over me as I saw the copper item laying there securely. I picked it up and unlocked the door, treading inside the house without a noise. I was pretty stealthy and could sneak in anywhere. Though, it wasn't something to brag about, because the person who I've learned it from is dead to me. It's him, he taught me how to do it, just like he taught me how to shoot a fucking gun.

She sent me a message to warn me about her parents – well, Mom, to be exact – being a light sleeper, but I didn't need to worry about that. Because when I entered her house, I looked at the clock, barely making out the numbers on it due to the darkness, but I could still note that it was 3 am.

As I was underway to go to her bedroom, I heard snores and shuffling sounds come from next to me. I promptly looked over, my eyes narrowed as I tried to make out my surroundings. I took a step closer to the sounds. Who was sleeping on the couch? I thought confusedly. Everyone in this house has a bedroom and own bed. Don't ask me how I know.

When I witnessed two people sort of lying on top of each other on the couch, I saw one of their faces. I think I've seen them sitting in the cafeteria with Sophia before. Her friends. Why did she have friends over? Why would Sophia need me if she had friends with her?

I walked around the living room but found no Sophia. Until I went inside their kitchen. I closed the door behind me, making sure to not wake her friends up with the light, and scanned the room. My eyes landed on a figure a few metres in front of me.

There she was, sitting on a chair, her head resting on both her arms that were crossed over each other on the table. She was sleeping. Shit, she must've waited for me, and I took too long. I unexpectedly felt bad, and didn't, not one bit, liked the feeling. I've almost never felt guilt before, only a few times and now. She really is messing with my emotions.

I walked closer to her and pulled out the seat next to her, sitting down in it soundlessly. I didn't want to wake her, she seemed so passive and serene. It's been a while since I've slept like that.

She slightly stirred in her sleep, and not wanting to be a creep, I gently placed my hand on her shoulder and put my mouth closer to her head. "Hey, Sophia," I whispered, my voice low and tender, hoping not to scare her out of her sleep. 

She whined, half-awake half-asleep. I chuckled, and with that, she lifted her face from her arms and blinked a few times. A second later realising where she was, she moved her eyesight to me. Her pupils widened and her lips parted.

"It's alright, Love, it's only me," I cooed. She sighed and looked down at her hands. What's happening to me? She's making me feel so weak, yet...something I haven't felt in a while. And as much as I didn't want to admit it, I knew exactly what it was. Admiration and respect. Something to live for.

Though, I didn't want her to think of me as some clingy, over-excited boy, so I put on my blank expression again, the one I'm so used to wearing by now, I sometimes do it without noticing. "So, why'd you want me here?" I asked, keeping my voice neutral and void of any emotion.

She suddenly became visibly stressed, her back tens and tired expression off her face like it was never there. She didn't open her mouth at first, her lips pursed shut. Okay, what just happened?      

"I, uh, need to tell you something," she started slowly and carefully. I motioned with my head for her to continue. "But you can't get mad!" Why the hell would I get m- Alright, I need to know what's going on right now.

"Okay," I promised, not being able to imagine a scenario where I would get angry at her - she's just too sweet to get mad at. Fuck.

"Well, i-it's actually more like I need to give you something," she reacted and stood up, going towards the the kitchen drawers under the counter. She opened the drawer and just stared at it for a minute. I didn't want to rush her, as she was already hesitant enough. 

I heard her exhale lowly and put her hand in. Her back was facing me, so I couldn't see what she had in her hand, only that it was trembling, maybe from fear. I kept my mouth shut, waiting for her to reveal the item.

She turned around and began walking to me, her gaze on the floor. I moved my stare to her hands, and my eyes unwillingly widened. She had a fucking gun. And not just any gun... I'd recognise it anywhere. 

Fuck! If she has my gun, and has to give it to me, that means that he told her to. 

"Where'd you get that," I almost spat it in disgust. I never wanted to see it again. I don't want it, it's not mine. It hasn't been mine since I told him I'd quite. 

"Uhm..." She looked around, avoiding eye contact at all costs, looking for an excuse. Before she could lie to me, I took ahold of her chin. My grip was gentle and only meant for her to look at me, which she did. Her eyes snapped up to mine as she gazed at me from under her lashes. She's quite small compared to me... I shook my head.

"I'm not mad at you," I said, my voice deep as I was trying not to talk to loud - her friends were still in the living room. "I just want to know where you got it from." 

While I spoke, I moved my free hand to hers, the one gripping the gun tightly. I didn't shift my view from her face as my fingers wrapped around the gun. But because I couldn't see what I was doing, my hand wrapped around hers. Even my hands are way larger. 

I felt how scared she was, so I kept my hand around hers, stopping them from trembling. For some reason, she hasn't let go yet, but I didn't mind, not at all. 

"You can give me the gun," I whispered. I want her to trust me. She distinctly nodded and loosened her grip on the weapon. I leisurely checked if there were bullets in it. It's empty, I noted as I put it in my back pocket safely. 

"You can tell me where you got it from, Sophia. Did he give it to you?" I asked her cautiously. My mid was racing with emotions and thoughts. I usually was a very impatient person, but with Sophia... I could wait a little. I also felt rage pass through me, but kept it out of sight. If he touches Sophia, or even comes near her, I swear I will-

"Yes..." It was the first time I heard her speak during the past five minutes, I felt relieved. It immediately shook me out of my thoughts as I stared deeply into her blue eyes.  

"W-We went to look for the phone - me, Bella and Evie. We ended up in an alleyway. It was stupid, we shouldn't have done it," she emitted shyly, her expression showing that she was frustrated with herself. I didn't interrupt, I wanted her to continue, and she did. 

"We went through the trash cans and recycling bins, but found nothing. It was until then that we heard someone. We couldn't see him, only his voice was there..." She told me the whole story, and I was left furious and confused, though my concern overtook everything. Concern always won if Sophia was involved. 

I composed my anger, I told her I wouldn't get mad. But I was pissed off that Sophia would do something like that, but she only tried to solve the 'mystery'. Even though there wasn't much of a mystery at all. The person that caught them was him, and he was a bloody murderer. 

But most of all, I was worried. Did she get hurt? I skimmed over her body, looking for any scratch marks or bruises, but luckily found none. I was fairly troubled with the thought of Sophia and her friends strolling around the dark at night. There were men, a lot of men. Drunk and crazy men. Men who no doubt have - how much I hate to say or even think about it - tried to touch or rape young girls out there. 

My face twisted in distaste, but I shook the thought away. She's here now, with me, in her house full of people. She's safe. I relaxed slightly and instead focused on the confused part of me. "Why did you do it? I mean, why didn't you just let me check it out?" I asked curiously. 

She huffed, as if disappointed in herself. "I guess I just wanted an adventure. My life has always been so - maybe because of my parents - boring, I think. I finally made some good friends here and I wanted us to do something fun together. But it only ended up in us being almost-" she stopped herself. I understood why she did it. I - when I was young - desired to learn how to fight and solve secrets. I loved the adrenaline I got when I was on a 'quest'. It's different, but still kind of the same. I guess that's what he saw in me when he chose me to be his side-kick and project.

"But it was my idea! Th-They didn't have anything to do with it," she swiftly said, stuttering. Even though I've only known her for so long, I could tell when she lied. I nodded, nevertheless.   

Something suddenly came up to me, how did she know where to go? Where the phone would be? I voiced out my thoughts, and she stilled. 

"Uh, do you want something to e-eat?" she nervously fumbled. I chuckled lowly, she must've seen the location in the files. 

"Sure. I'd love to have an apple, if I may," I said, smirking over at her, letting her change the subject. She smiled anxiously and opened the fridge, taking a bright red one out. I took it from her hand, accidentally brushing her dainty fingers against mine. Her eyes shot up to mine, and she smiled again, this time more comfortable. 

She turned around to the living room, hiding her blushed cheeks from me. "I'll be in the living. Feel free to stay here if you want, but please lock the door on your way out."

I thought about it or a second. 

"I can stay here for a while..." I muttered under my breath, following her into the room. 

A/N: Please don't forget to VOTE if you enjoyed this chap.!

Comment down below if I need to change something about my writing or if the chapters are too long, etc ... I'd be happy to change it for you if I can!

Thanks 4 reading, have a wonderful day :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 6.3K 62
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
285K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
The Boy Next Door By Zoe 🦒

Mystery / Thriller

163K 5.2K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
201K 6.8K 43
#79 in Chicklit {highest ranking} [Completed] WARNING -This is my first books so read at your own risk plus please don't judge my writing with just t...