Stay (A TBZJL Fanfic)

By Nim_SDMN

Casey Smith has been through hell and back. After a falling out with her best friend Ethan Payne from school... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
Distraction (A W2S FANFIC)
Fake Girlfriend (A Behzinga FANFIC)
Nightcrawler (A Vikkstar FANFIC)
YAY!!!!
4K Let's GOOOOOO

NINE

3.3K 51 3
By Nim_SDMN

He was in bad shape the next morning. Well, it was more so around 2 AM when I made my way downstairs, and I hadn't expected him to be laying across the couch, asleep. He was meant to be in his room like everyone else.

I couldn't sleep that night. As I was laying in my bed upstairs, it had started raining, and thunder boomed throughout the house.

I hated thunder. For more reasons than you would think.

So my plan was to go downstairs and cook something. Of course, now I couldn't, because Tobi was sleeping on the couch in the living room. When I went over to him, I cursed when I saw his face.

He was sleeping peacefully, but he was pretty beat up. He had a cut on his lip, similar to the one I had about a week prior. Based on the bruises on his face, it was clear he lost that fight.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, even though I knew he couldn't hear me. I'd never apologize to him while he was awake. "It's...not normal for me to be like this. I'm sorry you felt the need to defend me."

I stood from my spot next to him and put my head in my hands, going over to the couch closest to the window and sitting down.

I stared out at the rain pouring in the backyard, and when there was a flash of lightning, I looked away and buried my head in my hands. Lightning meant thunder.

"You okay?" Tobi's voice was quiet and scratchy from having just woken up.

I rolled my eyes, but jumped when the loud thunder rolled in. It practically shook the house, and my heart picked up speed. "What is that, your catchphrase?"

He shifted and yawned before sitting up and looking over at me. "Is the tough Casey Smith scared of thunder?"

I glared at him, but knew there was no point in lying so I let the glare fade away. I looked down at my lap. "Just leave me alone."

He sighed, and I ignored him as he came over and sat on the other side of the couch I was on, facing me. Our feet were touching as we leaned on the armrests of either side. Of course, we both had socks on. "No music this time?"

I met his eyes. When it came to thunder, it was hard to distract myself from the memories. Even with music.

"My phone died," I lied.

"You can use mine if you'd like," He offered. When I didn't answer, he reached next to him and handed me his phone. I just looked down at it in my hands.

"Please stop," I breathed. He raised an eyebrow as lightning cracked again. He scooted over so that he was sitting next to me.

"Stop what?"

"Being nice to me," I muttered as tears filled my eyes. "I'm not a good person. I've done bad things, and I've become a monster and you being nice isn't helping—"

A much louder boom sounded around the house and I cut myself off, jumping and bumping into Tobi as I did. For some reason, I didn't protest as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me.

"You're not a monster," He shrugged. "I'm sure you have good reason to push people away. But I won't stop being nice. It's who I am, it's how I was raised, and nothing will change that."

"What about earlier?" I questioned. "You lashed out...doesn't that change things?"

He tensed and pulled away from me, clearing his throat. "No. No, it doesn't. I was also raised to protect people close to me, and since you're close to Ethan, I was obligated to. As a friend."

I bit my lip. That made sense. He didn't defend me because it was me, he defended me because I was important to Ethan.

I opened my mouth to say something to him, but it came out as a squeak. I didn't have any words. How could someone be so sure of how they were meant to act, and so sure of the decisions they've made?

"I need help," I whispered to myself. Thoughts rolled in, louder than the thunder, and I put my head in my hands to keep from sobbing. "I'm just...so tired of this. I shouldn't even be here, Tobi. I shouldn't...I can't do this."

I went to stand up and go God knows where, but he grabbed my hand before I climbed off the couch.

"Stay," He said softly.

I tensed at the word, my eyes going to the tattoo on my wrist. I shook it off.

"No," I yanked my hand away, but didn't move. I stayed put. "No. I've pulled you guys out of your rhythm, and made your lives living hell. It's time I left."

"Have you seen us? We don't have a rhythm. Never did, never will. It's how we live, and you'll be surprised at how freeing it is if you just stay."

"Stop saying that," Tears spilled out of my eyes. "You're smart. You know it means something to me. Stop saying that and thinking I'll tell you, because I won't. I never will. It's too—"

The lights in the kitchen went out from the next boom of thunder, and I instinctively grabbed Tobi's hand.

"I don't expect you to tell me," He stated. "I just hope that you can find it in yourself to try and change. If not for me, or for Ethan, or for the guys, then for you."

"For me?" I questioned. "No. I don't deserve anything. Not even from myself. I deserve to be alone for the rest of my life."

He took a deep breath in and drew shapes on the back of my hand with his thumb. The simple gesture was calming. "No one deserves to be alone. Tell you what. Tomorrow's Sunday. Come to church with me and my family."

I widened my eyes. "No, I can't—"

"Come on," He squeezed my hand. "As...well, I hope we can be friends. I want to show you just how important you are."

I bit my lip. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to get out for my birthday."

He looked over at me. "It's your birthday? Why didn't Ethan tell us?"

"Ethan doesn't know," I shrugged. "Look, with the whole church thing...I'm not sure I'd fit in there—"

"You'd fit in fine," He assured me. "If you don't want to, I won't force you. Friends don't do that unless it's necessary."

I leaned on his shoulder. "Friends? I don't think you know what you're getting into by being my friend."

He chuckled lightly. "That's the fun part."

*****

(Tobi POV)

As soon as she fell asleep on the couch, I rushed upstairs and straight to Vik's room. I knocked and heard a muffled "come in" so I opened the door. I stepped inside, trying to turn on his lights but remembering that the power was out.

"Vik," I whispered.

"What time is it?" He asked into his pillow. "What do you need?"

"I figured out how to get Casey to like us," I stated. "Today's her birthday and we're going to throw her a surprise party."

He sighed and sat up. "How is it going to be a surprise if she refuses to leave the house? Should we call Freya or something?"

"No," I smirked. "I convinced her to come meet my family tomorrow. At church."

It was obvious from the day we'd met that she noticed the chain around my neck. Everyone was aware of my religion, but she hadn't ever thought to ask about it.

"You're pulling my leg," Vik yawned. "She'd never agree to that."

"Well, she did," I chuckled, but looked down at my feet. My plan was riding on the fact that she didn't change her mind. "So, I keep her busy for a few hours, and you guys set up the biggest party we've ever had here."

"And why didn't you bother Ethan about this?" Vik asked me.

I sighed. The truth was, Ethan hadn't known it was her birthday. Though I knew he'd have to find out eventually, I didn't want him to hear it from me. He'd be devastated that he didn't know.

"He didn't know about her birthday. He'd be devastated...unless you can think of a way to break the news to him?'

"Just tell him, he'll be fine," He stated.

"Hey, I have the hard part of keeping Casey occupied today. I think you should tell him."

"Okay, okay," He sighed. "Just let me sleep for a few more hours. Or forever."

I chuckled. "Sorry. I should get some rest, too."

I was still sore from what happened at the restaurant. It wasn't at all like me to lash out like that, but he asked for it. When she'd rushed off to the bathroom, I watched him follow her, and I knew he was bad news. It confirmed my theory when I took a sip of her drink. How had she not noticed? She was practically an alcoholic.

I wasn't sure why I threw the first punch, but when she shouted at me to stop I didn't listen. I should've, but I didn't.

It was weird how angry it made me to see that guy do that to her. I'd only met her less than a week before.

Next thing I knew, Harry, Simon, and Vik took her out of the building and Ethan grabbed my arms, pulling me away from the guy. I hadn't even known she left.

JJ held the waiter, but he didn't seem nearly as keen on continuing our fight as I was. He needed to be taught a lesson.

"Tobi, Tobi, what the hell?" Josh stood in front of me with his hands on my shoulders, trying to get me to stop struggling against Ethan.

"You apologize to her right now," I spat at the guy, but Josh shook his head.

"Vik took her home, Tobi, let's just go," Ethan stated. "Just drop it. He'll lose his job for spiking the drink and we can move on."

Why wasn't he more upset? He was her best friend, so why didn't he care? Why didn't he lash out like I did?

The world may never know.

It's cringe, but allow it haha. It gets good and more fast-paced soon, by the way, so yeah! Feel free to comment or vote :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 641 25
[completed and under major editing] [book one] Honestly, this book is terrible- I'd rather you read one of my other books on my page as they are bett...
92.8K 2K 37
"You've changed." He spoke, breaking the silence. His voice quivered and shook. My heart dropped to my feet. "So have you." I let out, emptying my mi...
227K 2.9K 53
y/n is JJs bestfriend and she finds out she only has a certain time to live. in telling JJ she became closer to JJs friends could she possibly fall f...
101K 1.5K 60
•Completed• 22 year old chloe is familiar with the wider known sidemen, however she remains a mystery to the audience. A hidden figure in the back of...