The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

De yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Mai multe

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 38

755 29 24
De yourneighbourhoodcow

Hey guys! Here is chapter 38! Hope you enjoy it. Anyway make sure to vote, comment and maybe follow. It's up to you. :>

(Amelia above ^^)

~~~

(Amelia's Point of View)

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I hear multiple voices exclaim together as the light turns on. My head whips in the direction of the voices and the scene in front of me has me biting my lip to control my laughter.

Andrew and Chase stand by the stairs, the frosting of cake smeared all over their shirts, Adrian stands next to them with a balloon in his mouth as he blows it. Madison and Mary are standing in the living room with a ruined cake in their hands. Jullie, David and my dad are standing holding an almost torn happy birthday sign in their hands. The entire house is a mess with confetti and decoration scattered everywhere. There is a table in the corner with food and gifts on it and it seems to be the only thing neat in the room.

I turn towards Ethan who has a look of horror on his face, his grin now in a frown. "What the hell happened?" He asks as he looks at everyone. No one says anything, avoiding as much eye contact from Ethan as they can. "God, I arranged everything before going to pick her up! How the hell did this happen in like half an hour?!" Ethan says.

Finally Andrew speaks, "Um so you remember how all of us had a confetti fight when you were on the phone with Amelia?" "Yes, and I also remember vacuuming all the confetti you guys messed up." Ethan says.

"Well um after you left.... Adrian found another pack of confetti in the storage room. Before we could stop him he burst it open and started throwing it around everywhere. Then he found silly string in one of the cabinets and before he could do anything we ran around trying to catch him and get the bottle out of his hand. Chase and I caught Adrian but he kept moving around and then we fell down, hitting the table and the cake smashed onto us, which explains the frosting on our shirts and the... ruined cake. Then as we were getting up, Chase's leg pulled on the string holding the happy birthday sign up and he tripped again and somehow the sign tore.... And then you left us with blowing the balloons and we couldn't really do it in time... because of the whole mess." Andrew explains as he avoids any possible eye contact with Ethan.

I hear Ethan groan from beside me and I burst out laughing just when the happy birthday sign tears up completely. "Great. Just great." I hear Ethan mumble. I am laughing so hard right now I am sure my face is red.

Ethan looks at me with a 'really' look and I just shrug still laughing. I stop laughing once I see his reaction and look at him. "It's fine. I am happy you did something, actually more than happy. It doesn't matter that it's all ruined, your effort is all that matters. I actually thought you forgot my birthday... But you didn't and planned something and I am so happy you did." I say as I give him a small smile.

"Thank you... But it's just that I planned so much... And now it's... ruined. I wanted you to have the best birthday possible." He sighs as he wraps his arms around me. "I am having one right now." I smile at him. "Really?" He asks. I nod and smile. He grins down at me before placing his lips on mine.

We kiss without a care in the world until multiple throats clear awkwardly. I pull away with a blush realizing that all our family members are right here. "Sorry." I mumble. "It's fine. But honestly I am so sorry that these boys ruined the whole thing. Ethan planned it so nicely." Jullie smiles.

"Favouritism." Adrian coughed. "Oh hush. Both of you boys are my favourite." Jullie says as she looks at Adrian.

Ethan and I walked into the house closing the door behind us. "Happy birthday." Jullie says and walks towards me before hugging me. "Thank you." I smile as I hug her back.

Everyone hugs me and wishes me, everyone but my dad. When it is his turn he walks towards me and awkwardly looks around. "Um Happy Birthday." He smiles as he looks at me. His eyes then dart to my neck and they widen. I look down confused only to see that he is looking at my necklace.

The necklace he gave me.

"You... How?" He asks, as he looks at me. "Mom sent it to me... Just a few days ago." I mumble. "Oh... I thought... I thought she threw it away..." He says. "Thank you... For everything you did by the way... I really apprentice it." I say as I look at him. His eyes soften, "You're my daughter Amelia. I may not have been there to hold your hand while you take your first steps but that doesn't mean I don't love you. Even though I haven't been there.... I always felt this weird connection with you in my heart. And I always loved you... as if it was second nature for me." He says as he looks at me, his hand coming up and caressing my cheek.

"You know... When grandpa first told me about you when I was 7... I... I became sad, like very sad. Sad you weren't with us and with someone else. I used to get jealous of kids who had their dads to drop them off. I was jealous of the girls in my class who were 'daddy's princess'. I honestly missed you... Even if I never met you." I chuckled as tears formed in my eyes.

"Me too." He whispers and kisses my forehead. "Happy birthday." He says as he hugs me. I wrap my arms around him too, lying my head on his chest as he puts his chin on my head. "Now I am here. And I am going to stay here." He whispers and kisses my hair before pulling away.

He smiles down at me and I smile back. "Wait... Why didn't you bring Daniel, Josh and Leslie?" I ask when I notice they aren't here. "Um.. I didn't exactly think you would want them here... But Josh did make you a card and Daniel and Leslie got you some gifts." He says. "Why didn't you think I would want them here?" I ask. "Because.... Um... They are your step brothers and step mom... I wasn't sure you felt comfortable around them." He says.

"Exactly they are my step brothers and step mom. My family... I would like to get to know them." I shrug. "Really?" He asks as he looks at me with surprise. I nod. "God, you're an angel Amelia. If you really do we can organize a family dinner... You can bring Ethan if you want to." My dad adds. "Sure why not." I smile. He nods and kisses my forehead once more before pulling away.

I turn back and walk towards Ethan who is standing in the corner looking at me with a smile on his face.

He opens his arms for me and I walk into them wrapping my arms around his torso as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I see you are getting along with your dad." He says and I nod. I look up at him and he smiles down at me before pecking my lips.

I put my head on his shoulder and my hands stay wrapped around his torso as he tightens his arms around me. We start swaying in each other's arms for some reason even if there is no music.

"Okay Bitches-" Andrew starts but is cut off by Jullie. "Language! How many times do I have to tell you?!" She says as she looks at him with a stern look. "Sorry Mama Bear, will be sure to remember next time. As I was saying time to cut the ruined cake!" Andrew says and makes jazz hands before gesturing towards the ruined cake. I laugh and pull away from Ethan who kisses my forehead and leads me towards the table that has the cake on it.

Andrew passes me a plastic knife and everyone gathers around the table. Ethan puts up a few candles on the cake and lights them up. I blow the candles and I try to figure out where to cut the ruined cake from. I finally found a small part and cut it as everyone starts singing happy birthday.

I take the piece in my hand and give Adrian, who was staring at the cake, a small bite of it making him grin widely.

The cake then goes to the kitchen since there isn't really anything of it left to eat."I am so sorry. I swear the cake was great and you would have loved it. God I got it fucking customized for you. But now it just looks like a white and brown blob." Ethan shudders. "It's fine." I chuckle.

"Now time for gifts!" Adrian squeals. I shake my head at his excitement as he pulls me by my hand, away from Ethan and towards the table with all the wrapped up gifts. "Open mine first!" Adrian says as he pushes me a packet rectangular package.

"Okay." I smile and take it from him. All of us proceed to sit on the couch, Adrian and Ethan on either side of me. I tear open the wrapping and see a novel of one of the romantic movies we watched together a week ago. I smile and look at him. "Thank you." I say and give him a small kiss on his cheek making his grin wider. "I am glad you liked it!" He smiles.

Then Madison passes me her gift, which happens to be a cute pair of earrings. Andrew gets me a small cute notebook with a small back of coloured pens. "Ethan told me you had a small thing for writing." He says as he hands me the gift with a little smile. Chase gives me a discount coupon to the pizza shop close by, "I am not the best at giving gifts. Plus this is reasonable. I have heard girls love food so.." He shrugs with a grin and I take it with a smile.

David, Jullie and Mary get me these fairy lights and a few things to decorate in my room, "Your room has been a bit plain. Thought you should give it a bit of an upgrade." Jullie smiles. I thank them and then my dad speaks, "I have a gift for you too... But we have to go out to the garage for this one." He smiles at me. I nod and all of us walk into the garage.

My eyebrows furrow when I see a brand new white Honda parked next to Jullie and David's car. "Wha-" I am cut myself off when I see my hand holding a pair of keys in his hand and holding it in my direction with a smile.

"No! Oh my god! No!" I say as I look between the car and him. He got me a freaking car! A car! And not just any car but the one I actually wanted. How? God this is too expensive. He has done so many things for me. From paying my fees, adding to my college fund, helping grandma with her treatments. No this is too much.

"No, it's too much. I-I cant take it. You have done so many things for me-" He cuts me off. "Amelia, you're my daughter. Ethan told me how much you wanted to learn to drive and he also told me you have done good so far. You deserve it." He smiles. "Oh my god. Thank you so much!" I exclaim and throw my arms around him hugging him.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around my waist. We then pull away and he hands me the keys and I stare at them in awe. "We can go for a ride later. You can drive, but now time for my gift." Ethan says.

I look up and I notice everyone else has left the garage and it's only me and Ethan. "You got me a gift? Ethan you shouldn't have! You planned this whole thing. That was more than special for me." I say as I look at him.

"Of course I got you a gift." He mumbles and pecks my forehead. Before I could say anything else he intertwined our hands and led me inside the house.

He slowly opens the door and I see the house is dark again. "Ethan why-" I was about to ask but he put his finger on my lips, indicating me to quiet down. I furrow my eyebrows but only then do I hear a soft hum of music.

It isn't a song. Just a tune. A romantic tune. We walk into the living room and I notice that now there are tealight candles around to give us a bit of light. I notice a projector and a white sheet. I see Ethan pick up a remote and press a button and then something reflects on the screen. Ethan stands behind me and wraps an arm around around my waist and puts his head on my shoulder, pressing a small kiss to my neck.

I look at the screen and nearly gasp when I see what's playing. It's like a photo album. A photo album of us. Pictures of us and some of just me play on the screen. Some pictures are from before we even started dating.

There are a few pictures of both of us cuddled up on the couch, a picture of us sleeping in bed, a picture of us smiling and laughing at each other. A picture of me sticking my tongue out. A picture of me smiling at something. A picture of me sleeping. A picture of us hugging each other.

Many pictures play and I am left with teary eyes once the presentation is over. "Happy birthday baby." He whispers and then he turns me around. He holds a rectangular photo frame towards me and I take it from his hands with teary eyes.

I look down at the picture. It's a picture of us. Both of us are smiling and Ethan is leaning down towards me as if he is going to kiss me. I am looking at him with a grin and my arms are on his arms that are wrapped around my waist.

I remember this day clearly, it was when all of us were hanging out after school at Andrew's house. We were in his backyard and the guys were playing soccer. Madison and I were going to random celebrities instagrams and I happened to just call one hot and Ethan heard me. He then chased me around the backyard trying to get me to say 'Ethan is the hottest and most sexiest person I have ever seen or met' and even though he is, I was not going to admit it. He didn't need an ego boost. When he finally caught me he tickled me until I ran out of breath and then this moment happened and someone just happened to capture it.

"This- Oh my god this is so sweet." I whisper as I look down at the picture. No one has ever done something so sweet and romantic for me. I mean he planned my birthday and planned this whole presentation. This is honestly the best birthday.

"Lia- You know I am no good with words. But... Um... God I am nervous." He mumbles as his arms tightens around me. He pulls away a little and takes the frame out of my hands and places it on the coffee table. He takes both my hands and holds it in his.

"Amelia... We both fell in love fast and hard. I didn't think it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. And it happened just all of a sudden. It hit me like bricks. We are just two young people in love and I know that. But Amelia your 'it' for me. I know it's probably soon, like very soon. Everything has been happening fast. From us falling in love to being here today. But hell if I don't like it. It may be fast but I won't change it. I am fine and happy with it as long as it is what we both want. Amelia I first met you when we were like 11 or 12. And then I developed a crush on you. A major one at that. Then a few years later you happened to kick me and happened to live with me. We became best friends, soulmates, lovers and I hope partners for life.

You were my past, present and hopefully my future Amelia. I can't picture myself coming home to anyone else but you. Amelia... You make me better... Better as a person."

He then gets down on one knee and I gasp. Is he-

He takes a small velvet box out and chuckles, "I am not proposing. Not yet at least. But I am making a promise and commitment. This is a promise ring. A ring I will give to you promising you to love you forever.

I promise to be there for you.

I promise to hold you whenever you cry. And cry with you.

I promise to always trust you.

I promise that I will choose you over everyone and myself every single day without a doubt.

I promise to be there for you on your bad days.

I promise you that there will never be a day you will wake up without knowing how much I love you.

I promise to fight for you. For us.

And I promise that one day. One day. I will change this ring with an engagement ring." He says as he looks at me while he slips the silver ring onto my finger.

Happy tears roll down my cheek. "Oh my god. Ethan-" I say as I hold my free hand to my mouth as I stare down at the ring.

It was a simple thin silver band. Yet it looked so pretty and elegant.

"I promise." He whispers and kisses the ring.

I kneel down and hug him. I hug him so tight I am sure he can't breathe. He wraps his arms around me and his nose rubs along my neck making me shiver. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too." He whispers and kisses my neck.

"Thank you." I whisper after a while. "For what?" He asks. "For this. For everything." I say. "Don't thank me. I did it because I love you and you deserved it." He says.

"Why were you nervous?" I ask as I pull away. "I was afraid you would think I was moving too fast and reject the idea..." He mumbles. "Well you didn't really ask. You just slipped the ring on my finger." I tease. His eyes widened. "I am kidding. I would have said yes." I say and kiss his nose.

"Thank god." He whispers and pecks my lips.

"Okay! That's it, save it for the bedroom! But oh my god that was so cute!" I hear Andrew say. I stand up properly and so does Ethan. We look in front and see everyone looking at us with a smile. "I know right. When Ethan said he had a special surprise for you. We didn't think he would do this." Madison says.

"Oh my god! I am so happy for you!" Jullie squeals.

Everyone tells us and squeals at how cute Ethan's surprise was. And I smile and agree as I look at the smiling man beside me.

God was I lucky to have him.

~~~

Ethan locks the door behind him and I am immediately pushed against the door and his lips are on mine kissing me hungrily. I kiss him back with just as much as need and hunger. He places his hands on my things and lifts me up, to kiss me better. I wrap my legs around his torso and my hands go into his hair tugging at it slightly.

We both pull away breathless, our lips red and swollen. "I finally get you all to myself huh?" He smirks and I blush. "God you make me crazy." He whispers as he rests his forehead against mine.

I smile at him and he continues to kiss down my neck. I tilt my head back giving him more skin to kiss and he groans into my neck. My hands find its way to his shirt and I tug at it. He pulls away and walks us to the bed. He throws me on the bed causing me to giggle and the bed to shake as he removes his shirt and throws it on the floor before hovering over me. His elbows on the sides, supporting his weight and his leg in between mine.

"I love you." He whispers. "I love you too." I whisper back and then his lips come crashing to mine. His hands find his way to the bottom of my shirt and he tugs at it asking for permission. I pull away when a thought hits me, "What about your parents?" I say as I remember that his parents are like just 3 doors away.

"We will just have to be quieter than last time." He smirks as he puts his head in the crook of my neck and starts gently biting and sucking on the skin there. I moan at the feeling and throw my head back, clutching onto his biceps.

His hand again tugs on my shirt and this time I nod. He removes it in one swift move and licks his lips. "Let's have a little celebration of our own, hmm?" He says as he lowers his upper half to my lower half, his hands on the button of my jeans.

I nod.

And then... Let's just say we did in fact have a celebration of our own, and it definitely wasn't little.

~~~

Well... That was interesting.  

Lol anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

504K 12K 38
No. 1 in car! Amelia Banks isn't your typical girl, knowing all there's is to know about cars, racing and mechanics can make someone an outcast. Des...
234K 10K 30
Amelia Jame is 17 years old and has never really spoken to any boy except her best friend Tyler. She is a straight 'A' student and has never gotten i...
14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...