[Indefinite Hiatus] The Helix...

By mr_cyanide

In an alternate universe where, instead of Taiyang, (Y/N) (L/N) is the father of Ruby Rose. He leaves everyth... More

NOTE - This Passion Project of Mine
CHARACTER BIO
Prologue - The Next Journey Begins
Chapter 1 - Professor (L/N)
Chapter 2 - The First Act
Chapter 3 - Changing the Mindset
Chapter 4 - Reminiscing on Days Past
Team GAUL Bio
Chapter 5 - An Unexpected Return
Chapter 6 - The Man in the Hood
Chapter 7 - Issues All Around
Chapter 8 - Another Plan
AUTHOR'S NOTE - I'm Back!
Chapter 9 - Another Fight
Chapter 10 - Qrow vs (Y/N)
Chapter 11 - The Greater Foe
Chapter 12 - The Scale of the Threat
Chapter 13 - The Extent of Our Power
Chapter 14 - Mountain Glenn: Searching for the Blue Helix!
Chapter 16 - Nobody Stays Dead Forever, You Know That...
Chapter 17 - Crimson's Devil Bomb! A Shocking Truth is Revealed!
Chapter 18 - Fears of War Grow! Everything Falls Into Place!
Chapter 19 - Ruby's Uncertainties! The Enemy Reappears!
Chapter 20 - Another One Has Been Afflicted!
Chapter 21 - The Evolution of Power
Chapter 22 - Hope Finds Its Way Home
Chapter 23 - The Second Act
Chapter 24 - The Truth is Unfolding
Chapter 25 - The Single Shikoku
Chapter 26 - Chasing The Traitor
Chapter 27 - Origins of the Helix (Part 1)
Chapter 28 - Origins of the Helix (Part 2)
Chapter 29 - The Boss
Chapter 30 - Criminal Insight
Chapter 31 - Mafioso e Cacciatore
Chapter 32 - The Scorpion's Sting
Chapter 33 - Love?
Chapter 34 - One Last Stand
Chapter 35 - The Painful Truth

Chapter 15 - A Flash of Blue Light! Aaron's New Responsibilities?

1.6K 46 11
By mr_cyanide

Opening:

Flashback 8 Years

The Order of the Scorpion was holding one of its most sacred ceremonies. It was passing on the position of Lord of the Scorpion on to another.

Priest: Today, a new age begins. This age is to be ushered in by a new generation, a new face, a new Lord!

People in the crowd began to cheer.

Priest: The unfortunate passing of Lord Aurus, though tragic, has given us the opportunity to find a new perspective. Today, we coronate the heir that Lord Aurus had chosen mere days before his passing.

Eliza then walked onto the podium.

Priest: Sister Eliza Trivael, the duties and responsibilities of Lord Aurus now fall onto you. I ask you now, is it your wish to uphold the Lordship of the Order of the Scorpion.

Eliza: Yes, I do.

Priest: Then it is decided.

The priest then drew an ornate, ceremonial dagger. Eliza held her hand over a large wooden bowl and the priest placed the dagger on her palm. She gripped the blade and the priest swiftly ripped the blade out. She grunted in pain and blood began to trickle from her hand into the bowl.

Priest: Bound by blood, brought forth by the Helix. All hail Lord Trivael!

Crowd: All hail!

Eliza then turned to address the crowd.

Eliza: Our enemies are encroaching onto us. They seek to keep us from our ultimate goals. I assure you, brothers and sisters. I will rid us of these invaders and continue our ascent to godhood!

The raised her bleeding fist into the air, causing the crowd to erupt into a chorus of cheers and chants.

Flashback ends

(Y/N) sat up, his head throbbing. He inspected his surroundings, he was still in Mountain Glenn, but now it was the dead of night. He was jolted back into full consciousness.

Ironwood on comms: Helix 1-1. You have failed to check in, what's your status... Helix 1-1, do you copy.

(Y/N): This is Helix 1-1 leader (Y/N) (L/N). I copy.

Ironwood on comms: Oh thank goodness. What's your status?

(Y/N): Unclear. We have located objective Echo. Send immediate evac to my coordinates, we may have wounded.

Ironwood on comms: Roger that, out.

(Y/N) then slowly walked over to Aaron's unconscious body.

(Y/N): Aaron. Aaron wake up.

Aaron then began to stir awake.

Aaron: Sliv?

(Y/N): Aaron, are you hurt?

Aaron: My... head hurts... but, I don't think I'm injured.

(Y/N): I should have warned you not to touch it. I'm sorry.

Aaron: No, I should've pieced that together from your story. I was being dumb.

(Y/N) smiled and helped his friend up.

Aaron: What about the sword? Do we destroy it?

(Y/N): I can try.

(Y/N) concentrated his power and attempted to crush the sword. However, once he applied enough force to the artifact, it flashed with bright blue light and sent him flying back into a nearby wall. His aura held, but only barely.

Aaron: (Y/N)!

(Y/N): I'm alright... Dammit, that thing's though.

(Y/N) then heard the sound of aircraft engines getting closer.

(Y/N): That's our evac, we should get ready. Bring the sword with you, we'll figure out what to do with it back at Beacon.

Aaron nodded.

Aaron: Alright.

Timeskip 1 Hour

Ironwood: So this is the Blue Helix?

(Y/N): Yes sir.

Ironwood: And what happened to destroying it?

(Y/N): I tried. It didn't work.

Ironwood: It didn't work?

Ozpin: If my theory is correct, then the artifact bonded with Aaron when he touched it. After finding its wielder, Blue Helixes may enter a sort of active state where they have defences against magic based attacks.

Ironwood: That sounds plausible.

Aaron: Wait, what do you mean "bonded with me"?

(Y/N): When you touched that sword, it deemed you worthy of wielding it.

Aaron: That sounds fake.

(Y/N): Well, you experienced this yourself.

Aaron: In that case, what do I do? How am I supposed to control this power?

(Y/N): No idea, I don't even know how a White Helix Curse works.

Aaron: WHAT? Come on, you gotta help me!

(Y/N) began to back away towards the elevator.

(Y/N): Sorry, man, but I need to get some rest. I have a long day tomorrow with the whole teaching AND training Ruby ordeal!

Aaron: Don't leave me to deal with this!

(Y/N) pushed a button on the elevator and the doors began shutting.

(Y/N): Sorry, Aaron, can't hear you, the doors are closing!

The doors shut and the elevator descended. Aaron's expression turned to bewilderment.

Aaron: Why did this have to happen to me?

Ending:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 1.4K 35
You're the son of Summer and Qrow. Raised by Summer and Tai you then enrolled in Signal and later, Beacon. There you meet a mysterious girl dressed i...
3.7K 90 11
(Y/N) was born different than the rest, he was born with a curse by Salem the witch of Remnant. He was cursed with having a face, not even a mother...
209K 3.7K 56
What if Raven and Tai had more than one child, what if they had twins, what if Raven took one of them with her when she left Tai. Follow the story of...
52.2K 686 30
Y/n "Father" was arrested due to Abusing her so she was Adopted by The Rose/Xian long family they treated her well until she hit the age of 12 some d...