TRAVEL ROMANCE SERIES: #1 GEN...

storiesbyHRQuinn द्वारा

Eric and Wolff are like brothers. But when they both meet stunning flight attendant, Veronica Ramos, their fr... अधिक

Introduction
PROLOGUE
BEFORE GENEVA | 1. New York ✈ Dubai
2. Dubai دبي
3. GENEVA, SWITZERLAND | Dubai ✈ Geneva
4. Quai Du Mont-Blanc
5. Place De Neuve
6. Vandœuvres | 7. Hermance
8. Quai Du Mont-Blanc
9. Parc La Grange
10. Place des Eaux-Vives
11. Rue Des Vieux Grenadiers
12. Quai du Mont-Blanc
14. Düsselfdorf
15. Capetown
16. Casablanca الدَّار الْبَيْضَاء
17. Hatta حتا
18. Dubai دبي
19. L'île Maurice
20. Dubai دبي
21. Geneva
22. Dubai دبي
23. ___
24. ___
25. Geneva
26. Valais
27. ___
28. ___
29. ___
30. ___
31. Aosta
32. Valais
33. ___
34. ___
35. Vaud
36. Geneva
Dear Friends
Updates

AFTER GENEVA | 13. Abu Dhabi أَبُو ظَبْيٍ

27 4 0
storiesbyHRQuinn द्वारा

Yas Marina Circuit, Ferrari World
Two Days Later, In February

The loud engines and screeching tires reminded him so much of his childhood. His parents and their friends would go on holidays to the French Riviera and take a side trip to the rich city state to attend the prestigious Monaco F1 Grand Prix.

Too young to care for these things, he only remembered falling asleep in his father's arms despite the deafening noise. After all these years, the loud sounds of race cars still soothed him like a lullaby.

Eric gave out an exhale, trying to grasp the pure brilliance of how an endless stretch of desert had turned into an extravagant tourist destination in such a short time.

Shitloads of oil.

And now, the city raked billions in tourism alone. That is why he came over here; to meet with rich Emiratis and Qataris to invest their money in the banks of Switzerland. There wasn't much convincing to do as his presence and expertise were the only thing needed. After all, they have always known the Swiss knew a thing or two about keeping the wealth of the world's richest.

The work set out for him in the Gulf wasn't much of a challenge, as Westerners direct and run most companies while the locals sit in gold.

Strong traces of the Orient were much present, which he appreciated the most. There is an enormous population of Asians from the East, South and Southeast that has since been the backbone of the country. Without them, the young nation would not have built a single road or structure.

Everyone in the United Arab Emirates had a story to tell where most of the working masses were expatriates. If not for the lack of greenery, this was a nice place. The trees, the grass, the flowering plants aren't indigenous in the land, yet because of oil money, they can nourish them, add rows and rows of them in malls and roadsides.

At first, when his company designated him to spend six months building clients in the Middle East during winter, he was more than ecstatic to try something new. He welcomed the scorching heat with enthusiasm and built rapport with many of the staff. His distaste began when he longed for the outdoors. They were usually stuck inside air-conditioned offices and establishments. This was his life for a month. Usually around autumn, he would do some snow sports with Wolff and the rest of the gang. But this season, he missed it.

So when Malcolm invited him to check out an F1 race, he showed up even after a night of drinking with them at the Irish Village. After months of struggling to accept Dubai and the Middle East as his temporary home, he was finally seeing the good side of things. If not for the unexpected acquaintance with Malcolm, everything around him seemed so fake, meeting some even thicker than plastic.

With a brand new perspective, he looked around him; the sun was pleasant, the climate at its optimum state in the desert capital, which pushed everyone out to enjoy the day.

Frenchman Pierre Le Blanc was leading on the 14th lap when his eyes narrowed towards a woman smiling at him in the crowd. With a surprised sparkle in his eyes, he beamed at the only girl occupying his mind for the past few days.

She's doing it again.

Veronica Ramos, in all her crowning glory, her long, black hair and beautiful visage stood out amongst a swarm of people. He managed a wave even after being squished.

When she gestured for him to meet him on the side, he squeezed his way out of a row of people while she wormed her way towards the aisle to meet him halfway.

"Hey," she said, her blue-green eyes so genuinely excited to see him, the deafening sounds of the cars and the loud voice of the commentator overpowering her voice.

"Hello," a silly grin pasted on his face for having a conversation in the middle of such noise.

She shook her head, smiling, then grabbed his hand and led him back to where she sat. While finishing the last leg of the race in silence, their arms brushing each other. She conversed only with her radiant smiles, and some side glances.

He hadn't quite gotten used to the land, and this wasn't exactly how he'd picture his winter to be; but he was basking under the desert sun, almost giddily excited that he was next to her, in the crisp desert climate, and in yet another unconventional place to meet a girl. He'd love to tell this story one day; of a friendship that blossomed into a budding romance.

When the race ended, the crowd roared, the car engine noise subsided.

"Does Malcolm know you're here, too?"

"No, but it's clear we got the same memo," she laughed. "This is Tenille, my crazy flatmate," she reached over to grab the arm of a tanned, auburn-haired beauty.

"Heard that, Ramos," Tenille and her strong Melbourne accent scolded her with a smile. "Trust me, she's as crazy as me," she whispered to Eric.

"This is Danielle," she said as a gorgeous, curly-haired brunette waved at him.

"A pleasure to meet you, ladies," he said as the girls gave him a friendly hug.

"And you've met Drew," she said while her friend gave a cute wave.

"Of course. How have you been doing?"

"Since Geneva? I haven't been flying much. I must have caught a cold," he sighed dramatically.

"It was particularly freezing that night of the concert. I hope you're better."

"Oh, I've been for days. I just needed a personal break," he winked. "So, what brings you back to the sand lands?"

"Actually, I've been living in Dubai since November. I fly back to Geneva once every three weeks to spend the weekend with my family, or in that case, to be at my best friend's concert."

"So you live here!" he gently nudged Veronica.

For them, it was always a plus if an eye candy was a Dubai resident.

"My post ends in March, but there might be a possibility to stay longer if they still need my presence."

"Stay! It's crazy fun here," Tenille said adamantly.

"How do you find it, especially coming from a place like Switzerland?" Danielle asked curiously.

"I'm enjoying the place. I'd like to stay and learn more about Dubai." He'd said the opposite. Just an hour ago, he'd been planning to expedite his return to Geneva.

But because of that one particular ray of light shining that day, he'd already changed his mind.

* End of Chapter 13 *

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

26.5K 825 12
Missa has always been a little insecure around her best friend Nina, so when she finds out her husband Samuel had an affair with anyone but Nina, her...
Craving You Francesca-Jonica द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

1.6K 87 41
♡Marren Rhett is very good at being an undercover cop. She is trying to put Kingpin, the dangerous drug and crime lord in California, away. The only...
I Have A Naughty Side[Editing] Willow द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

495K 5.1K 33
Charlotte "Charlie" Avery is ugly. She's just a nerd that no one pays attention to, until a supermodel agent walked in on her while she was taking a...
65.6K 10.3K 42
Setelah mengetahui bahwa dirinya mengandung, Larasati Kirana sangat kebingungan. Ia memang punya kekasih, namun mereka tidak pernah melakukan hubunga...