Dark Promises (A Draco Malfoy...

By darlingferret

[COMPLETED] I bite my lower lip, my emotions warring within me. A charged silence now hung in the air, the we... More

Author Note
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 11

581 46 4
By darlingferret

"Angitia, you can't spend the entire Christmas Break in Hogwarts. Come with us to the Burrows, it'll be fun!"

"I'm sorry, 'Mione, but I have an extra credit assignment for Slughorn that I cannot fail," I lie through my teeth, trying to create some sort of a justification for my absence.

"What do you mean?! He's not giving us any extra work! It's going to be Christmas for bloody sake!" she says with a suspicious tone, knowing that she has already finished all of homework even the ones due next month.

"Slughorn still hasn't forgiven me for my outburst, so he agreed to let me redeem myself...", I pout, attempting to appear agitated.

"Alright...make sure you owl me everyday," she responds, convinced that my alibi must be true.

Deep down I know, the extra credit has nothing to do with school, unless we're talking about a specific student.

People are embracing in farewells and are schlepping luggages through the narrow corridors. It's crowded and confined, though, I stay there to wish my friends a great holiday.

I watch them leave hastily, making sure that they don't miss their train that leaves in about an hour. Harry snares a brief wave with that foolish smile, and runs off, returning to his group while the rest continue to trample out of my view.

Releasing a heavy sigh, I was internally excited to celebrate this holiday with a special someone, who makes my thoughts turn to mush, who helps me forget about my past, who understands... me.

Perhaps this year, might just be the best Christmas I'll ever have.

Although it's December 24th and the actual holiday doesn't come until tomorrow, I've prepared a small sentiment gift for Draco. I'm afraid that I may come off too strong as he probably doesn't want to be in a full relationship with me because what if it was just a moment of weakness. What if he thought it over and decided that I'm not what he wants? What if--no, I cannot go down that path again. I'll be okay, I'm sure of it. He--he still likes me.

I've wrapped it in delicate papers, stamped with mini snowmans and snowflakes. The gift is right now hidden underneath my bed, safe away from Pansy since she has decided to go back home for the break.

With everyone gone, we can freely explore our feelings a little further, to a point where we can identify the meaning of our relationship. Nobody to rip us apart, nobody to tell us it's wrong. 

In the early morning, I finally get to see Draco at the Black Lake. He doesn't stand far away from me, anymore. No. He was right next to me for every second and with every kiss he offered me, I fell deeper and deeper into the hole of sanctity. He is the light at the end of my tunnel, and f*cking love it. So, yes, all we did in the morning was lay on the cool grass, enjoying each others' fine presence.

Everytime, he'd hold me tighter in his arms, my lungs expanded with briny air. He knew what effect he had on me, testing it out with perpetual teasing and playful banters.

His tone had a twang I knew so perfectly. Unbothered with a speck of humor.

One event led to another, and we found ourselves chasing each other around the lake, laughing and splashing the calm, serene water.

Whenever he caught me, he picked me with such ease, as if I was a delicate feather, and spun me around.

Merlin, I wanted to stay there, in that moment of freedom, of a place where no one could tell you your wrongs and rights. A place where there are no secrets to be kept. A place where there is just him and I.

We sat there breathlessly in the winter's heat, feeling the morning breeze against our faces. The frigid grass felt nice under my hands as I caressed it, laying my head on Draco's shoulder. The sky was even more beautiful than usual, vibrant colors of red and orange peeked from the clouds.

And we watched the sunrise together, without making any sound, not disturbing the peace of mind, just listening to the steady heartbeat of Malfoy.

I didn't want to leave, sh*t, if it was my choice I would have stayed there all day, but, I had a duty to my friends to wish them a goodbye.

Even though Draco never really liked them, I knew deep down, we all would have been the end game. In the first few years, it was a childish strife, though as we grew older, it felt like more than that. Because of his family legacy, he wasn't even allowed to be acquainted with them, as they were filled with Gryffindors, good people, heroes.

His story was never meant to have a happy ending; we all knew since the moment the Sorting Hat put him Slytherin.

All my friends say that he's vicious and cruel, yet, I find it intriguing, perhaps because I see something in him that reminds me a little of...myself.

As I stand there watching the Golden Trio head off for Christmas Break, I reach my hands into the pockets of my coat for warmth, finding a piece of paper folded so elegantly into a swan.

I open it skeptically, uncertain of where it might have come from, to discover exquisite cursive handwriting.

Darling,

Meet me in the library after you've finished sending off those bloody saints.

-Draco

I smile at his preposterous comment, yet, felt giddy at how romantic my little ferret can be. 

At first, I wondered when he had snuck it in, however, the more I stood there pondering, the less time I had with him, so I briskly went to my dorm to grab the present, hoping that he'd like it. He probably didn't get me anything, but, I don't care because as long as I get to spend my time with him, I am grateful as it is.

I rushed to the spot where he told me to meet him, in a reserved area, hidden away from any unexpecting students.

Though, to be honest, I didn't know exactly where to go, so I spent ten minutes searching through each aisle, and eventually got preoccupied by looking for different books that I could read in my free time.

In the middle of reading an intriguing book, I hear an unanticipated low voice besides my ear. I swifty turn around to find two arms trapping me against the dark oak bookshelf.

"Oi, where did you go?! I've been waiting for you for the past bloody hour!"

"I'm sorry. I got... lost", I say obscurely, expecting some sort of depraved words thrown at me like daggers to the chest, yet, instead he responds, evenly.

"It's ok. I really missed you."

"We just saw each other in the morning."

"That doesn't count."

He steps closer, reducing the small space between us, the space that I used as a comfort zone, something that would protect me from exploring my wild thoughts and throw them into reality.

He unveils a certain part of me where my reluctance collapses as he strokes my lip. Over several soft brushes of his sweet mouth, my fingers run through his silky white hair, tousling it so it would look messy.

My subconscious was trying to recall something but, they all stopped in their tracks. I mean, how could I think properly when I have this god-like man standing right before me, whispering such lewdness in my ears, most which I cannot repeat out loud.

My cheeks begin to burn and I feel my heart beat so hard that I fear he'll hear it. He sets his large hands on my waist, which reminded me of that little box inside my pocket, the one that I planned on giving him.

"Merlin's sake, I forgot!", I shout, pushing his skeletal fingers off me, pulling out the gift and stretching my arms out towards him with a great, big grin. "For you!"

He lifted his eyes from the present to me, a 'puppy eye' look splattered across my face as I was trapped between enthusiasm and discouragement. I was ready to hear him say it wasn't good enough for him, not luxurious like the gifts he has gotten in the past.

I know that I should give him more credit, but it's difficult when he was one of the reasons I despised Hogwarts in the beginning. Yes, the school is filled with magic and happiness, though when it comes to the bullies, they would always try to bring me down, tormenting me for all these years.

Before I could answer, he brought his hand to my cheek, brushing it gently with his fully ringed fingers, "Thank you."

I gaze at him as he carefully unwraps the present, meticulously taking out the silver bracelet attached to a scant heart, engraved with my initials, A.D.V.

"Do you like it?"

"F*ck", he murmurs quietly, yet loud enough for me to hear. His expression seems to falter into regret, like something wasn't right.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-I thought you'd like it. It's ok if you don't, I'll just retu--"

"Darling, stop overthinking. I love it, it's just that---you know, why don't you see yourself," he says, handing over a petite, lavish, emerald encasement with gold hinges at the edge of it.

I open it quite delicately to find a similar silver chain with a charm shaped as a heart, engraved with the letters, D.L.M.

A necklace.

We just concentrated in each other's gaze fondly, not a sound uttered by one of us.

"Looks like we'll be matching", he remarks confidently. "Let me help you put it on."

I twist around slowly and feel him sweeping my locks away from my neck, his slim frame lightly pressing against my back.

His fingers caresses the back of my neck, deliberately clasping it on at a slow pace, his hot breath warming my shoulders from the coldness of the library. Electric chills emerging with every touch, the temptation to experience more.

I glance down to the heart, playfully fidgeting with it to try to divert my attention away from this situation. 

Once I heard that click, I swiftly faced him and watched him put on the charm bracelet, as he mumbles in his husky voice, "I'll keep this safe with me. Thank you."

Rather than demonstrating his passion towards me, he bends down to peck my cheek, sentimentality and tenderly. But, my imagination had already locked our lips together.

He makes my knees weak, and I can't tolerate it. I want--no--I need his kisses.

And I pull him, once again, to my safe haven, letting my wild side take over and control whatever was left of my sanity.

I didn't want him to treat me like a fragile doll, as something that would break easily. I want him to acknowledge that I am a strong, independent, and capable woman, that no matter how hard this relationship gets, we can get through it.

He slams down onto my lips, hard enough to push me into the shelf, books falling to the ground with every erotic kiss. We were both hungry, no, starving to taste one another, melting into a fantasy world where there's just the two of us.

His slender, pale fingers roam into the back of my hair, clutching onto it for dear life, as if this will be the last he'll ever receive from me. I make a desperate sound into his mouth as he sucks out all of the air left inside my lungs, plunging deeper into this affair.

With a low groan, he bits into my bottom lip, sending my appetite on fire, craving for him to devour me, like a lion to its prey.

It was the kind of kiss that was so intoxicating my brain couldn't handle thinking about anything else.

As we split free for oxygen, I seize the chance to say that it's perhaps not the ideal place to get affectionate, even though I badly wanted to continue.

"Affectionate?", he says with a smirk, teasing me further, words broken by him nipping at the side of my neck. "Aww, who... cares if... they.... watch".

Although I was in dismay from his witty statement, the obscenity, I was shaking, and it felt like if the wall wasn't behind me, I would have collapsed ages ago.

I shake my thoughts back into my mind and drive him off me, staring at him until he finally agreed.

"Fine... You owe me, then," he says, snatching my forearm and dragging me to our next location.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 10 76
Infatuation is never a good thing, especially for newly found deatheater, Draco Malfoy. Feelings of any sort, for any one, would only put his heart a...
10.8K 207 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...
114K 5K 55
"You're such a prick! I knew you hadn't really changed. You're just back to your old ways, torturing me." Harry can still feel Draco's hand around hi...
3.1M 69.2K 80
"I've never...ever in my whole fucking life let someone in, but you have managed to infiltrate me in every sense of the word. I hate more than anythi...