The Flower That Blooms In Adv...

By mxrshy_

Ever since you were little, you've been dreading the moment you were of age to marry. You knew makeup would b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 4

3.9K 148 60
By mxrshy_

Your POV

You sit on a small stone chair underneath the blossoms, stroking your hair softly. Your father clears his throat beside you. You look away from him. He sets himself down next to you on the chair and glances up at the blossoms. "My, my," he says softly. "What beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late."

He points up at a blossom that hasn't yet bloomed. "But I'll bet that when it blooms," he picks up the comb on your lap and places it in your hair, "it'll be the most beautiful of all." You smile weakly at your father, until you both hear drums in the distance.

"What is it?" you ask. Wait... oh no. Please. The war.

Illıllııllıllı

You peek through the gates but your mother stops you. "[Y/N], stay inside," she says. Grandma Fa points behind her. You run over to the wall and climb up on a slanted piece of metal that lets you up onto the roof.

"Citizens!" a man in a blue hanfu announces. "I bring a proclamation from the Imperial City. The Huns have invaded China." Everyone gasps. The Huns? You've heard of them before. A gang of dangerous criminals that want to bring down the Emperor. "By order of the Emperor, one man from every family must serve in the Imperial Army."

Minsheng. Baba. Your eyes widen. They'll be sent off to war. "The Hsiao family!" the man calls. "The Yi family!"

"I will serve the Emperor in my father's place," a man says. An idea strikes you.

"The Fa family!" the man continues. "The [L/N] family!"

"No!" you gasp at both the family names, climbing down from the roof and running to them. Your father and Minsheng's father walk toward the man. They both bow. "I am ready to serve the Emperor," Minsheng's father says.

"Father, Uncle, you can't go!" you shout, stepping in front of them. (I don't literally mean Uncle, for those whose mind goes straight to Sweet Home Alabama. I did a little bit of research to see what you call your friend's parents in China, and I think you call them Auntie and Uncle. Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

"[Y/N]!" Minsheng, his father and yours gasp.

"Please, sir, our fathers have already fought bravely," you plead.

"Silence!" the man gallops over. "You would do well to teach your daughter to hold her tongue in a man's presence."

"[Y/N]," your father says softly, but with venom behind his tone, "you dishonour me." Grandma Fa takes your arms gently and pulls you away.

"Report tomorrow to the Wu Zhong camp," you hear the man say.

"Yes, sir," your father says. You drag your feet along the floor and follow behind. Minsheng catches up to you.

"[Y/N]..." he says.

"They're going to be killed," you whisper. "They're going to be killed because we let them."

"I know, I know," he consoles. "I don't want my father going either, but I have a plan."

"And that is?"

"I'm going to take his place without him knowing."

"Minsheng, no! No, you can't do that! Please," you yell, grabbing his hands as tears threaten to spill. "What will I do if I lose you?"

"You won't," Minsheng reassures.

"Yeah, because that's comforting..." you scoff. "Minsheng, if you go, I'm going with you. I'm not letting you go alone."

"[Y/N], you know that's a crazy idea."

"Oh? Just watch me, then."

Illıllııllıllı

You and Minsheng walk down the corridor, Minsheng holding a candle in his hand. You both peek into a room and see his father taking out his sword. He holds it in front of his face then turns it to the side. He swings the sword and raises it above his head, then moves it around gently in loops. He thrusts the sword out, but exclaims in pain and drops it onto the floor.

Minsheng's eyes widen and now you finally understand why Minsheng wants to take his father's place in the war. Zhao balances himself on a pole beside him, breathing heavily. Minsheng steps back and takes a deep breath. You place your hand on his shoulder in hope that that'll calm him down a bit.

Illıllııllıllı

You sit at the table with your family, along with Minsheng's. You've been living with Minsheng's family for who knows how long, but it's never bothered you. They're the nicest people you know. You pour everyone their tea, then place the teapot down for your meal.

Everyone is deadly silent, that you could hear a pin drop. You slam your tea down on the table and break the silence. "You two shouldn't have to go!" you say, referring to your father, and Uncle Zhao.

"[Y/N]," your mother gasps.

"There are plenty of young men to fight for China."

"It is an honour to protect my country and my family," your father responds.

"So, you'll die for honour," you say.

"I will die doing what's right," your father answers, getting up.

"But if you-" you begin to say.

"I know my place!" your father yells. "It is time you learned yours."

Your eyes widen, and before Minsheng can comfort you, you turn away. You open the doors and hug a nearby pole. You shiver in the cold, your shoulders trembling violently. Tears roll down your cheeks, then you feel warm arms around you. You turn around and wrap your arms around Minsheng.

"Shhh, it's okay," he whispers. "Everything will be okay, trust me."

Illıllııllıllı

You and Minsheng sit underneath the Great Stone Dragon, cuddling each other for warmth. Rain pours down heavily as lightning dances across the sky gracefully. Despite the stone being wet, you don't slip off. You look through the window of the Fa home ahead, and see your father trying to console your mother.

Your mother turns away. It seems like she's crying. You look up at Minsheng and he looks down at you. "[Y/N], if you're thinking-" he begins to say.

"I have to do this," you conclude, getting up.

"You've always been stubborn," Minsheng chuckles slightly. "Let's do this."

Illıllııllıllı

You light a stick and place it on a dragon statue plate that hangs above you. You bow and turn away, running through the rain. You enter your parent's bedroom and place your comb on the bedside table. You hesitantly take the scroll that your father was given and smile weakly at your parents.

Illıllııllıllı

You take your fathers sword and glance at your reflection. Using the sword, you cut the ends of your hair and tie it back up with a green ribbon.

Illıllııllıllı

You open up your father's armour cupboard and put it on. You place the sword beside you and you're officially ready to leave. You meet Minsheng at the stables, then he helps you up onto Khan. You both take a last look at your home. This is going to be the last time you see them for a while.

"Hyah!" Minsheng shouts. Khan neighs and speeds off in the rain.

Illıllııllıllı

Grandma Fa wakes up, gasping loudly. She races to your parent's room, saying frantically, "Minsheng and [Y/N] are gone!"

"What?" your father asks. He stares at the comb on the bedside table. "It can't be..."

Your father and Zhao run as fast as they can to where his armour was once stored. He throws open the cupboard, and as feared, it's nowhere to be seen. He runs outside into the rain. "[Y/N]! Minsheng!" he calls out. Zhao collapses onto the floor, groaning.

"No..." Zhao sighs in fear.

"You must go after them," your mother says. "They could be killed!"

"If I reveal [Y/N]..." your father says, "... they will be." Your mother covers her mouth and hugs your father tightly.

"Ancestors, hear our prayer," Grandma Fa pleads. "Watch over Minsheng and [Y/N]."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 285 14
This fanfiction is for a very special @Oohkahmee who asked for a Zhao Yun X Reader fanfiction. ------- "Will he ever notice me? Am I good enough fo...
414K 11.9K 24
[Y/n] has been deprived of her brother's love from the minute she was born. It only got worse when their parents died. The only form of love she ever...
23.1K 582 10
Male! Fa Mulan [2004] Book 6 A Sequel to "Reflection" " But I have another duty. To my heart. " Fa Mu and Y/n have been together for a year now as a...
32.7K 1.4K 20
Aeolin of Lothlorien has been traveling across Middle Earth for a little over a hundred years. After a loss struck her heart, Lothlorien was more of...