Chapter 9

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note

Hi lovelies! I'm so sorry for not uploading. I completely forgot about it. I'm posting another chapter right after this to make up for it. I haven't been writing a lot recently, so uploads may be slower than usual. 

═════════════════

Your POV

As you walk past the tents, heading to your own, you overhear Chi-Fu and Shang discussing something. "Do you really think your troops are ready to fight? Hah! They would not last a minute against the Huns," Chi-Fu spits.

You don't hear the rest of the conversation, but you stay long enough to see Shang storming out of the tent. "Hey," you say. "I'll hold him and you punch." You attempt to lighten up the mood, however you fail. "Or not..."

You turn toward Shang and call out, "For what it's worth, I think that you're a great captain." Shang stops for a moment, then looks back at you. His smile falters so much that you barely see it behind that stone cold expression.

He turns away. "So, you're going after two boys now? Bold, [Y/N], bold," Mushu says.

"Okay, c'mon Mushu, even you know I wouldn't do something like that," you roll your eyes at his comment.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Now, go to your tent!"

You do as you're told and head off to your tent. To your surprise, you see Minsheng waiting outside your tent with Khan. "Oh, there you are," he beams when he sees you.

"Hey, what's up?" you ask.

"I just, uh, wanted to see how you're doing," he says.

"Uh, I'm fine? Thanks," you shrug.

"Good, good, good," he mumbles rather quickly. "Look, I- uh, I wanted to, you know, ask you something?"

"Is that a question or a statement?" you raise an eyebrow.

"Both, I guess. Okay, anyway, what I wanted to ask was..." he looks down at his feet. You smirk at his awkwardness. He looks up and sighs, "Nevermind, it's not important."

"Okay, if you say so," you reply. You quickly say goodnight to Minsheng and go to sleep thinking to yourself. What did he want to tell me?

Illıllııllıllı

You walk in a line with the other men, your back slumping over and sweat dripping down your forehead. You've been walking for who knows how long.

"For a long time we've been marching off to battle," the men say.

"In our thundering herd, we feel a lot like cattle," Yao whines.

"Like a pounding heat, our aching feet aren't easy to ignore," everyone complains. Ling runs toward Chien-Po and Yao.

"Hey! Think of instead; a girl worth fighting for," he suggests.

"Huh?" you hum. Ling wraps his arm around your shoulder and pulls you closer to him.

"That's what I said, a girl worth fighting for!"

Illıllııllıllı

Third Person POV

"I want her paler than the moon," Ling says. "With eyes that shine like stars." A drawing of him stands beside a drawing of a beautiful woman. She covers their faces with her fan as they kiss.

"My girl will marvel at my strength," Yao chimes in, a picture of him holding up a girl with one arm. "Adore my battle scars."

"I couldn't care less what she'll wear or what she looks like," Chien-Po sings. "It all depends on what she cooks, like beef, pork, chicken, mmm!"

Illıllııllıllı

Your POV

As you walk through water, Yao says to you, "Bet the local girls thought you were quite the charmer."

"And I'll bet the ladies love a man in armour," the water in Ling's armour makes him look buff, but the water floods out as soon as he makes a pose that flexes his 'muscles'.

You can guess what we have missed the most since we went off to war!

Mushu makes a whistling noise and all the women in the rice fields look up at you, giggling.

What do we want?

A girl worth fighting for!

You look away awkwardly as you blush intensely.

"My girl will think I have no faults," Yao says.

"That I'm a major find," Chien-Po adds, looking toward Minsheng as if to tell him to add something on as well.

"Uh, how 'bout a girl who's got a brain? Who... always speaks her mind?" Minsheng says with uncertainty. As some may tell, he knows absolutely nothing about women. No woman likes him enough to hang around him (except you, of course). The three boys frown at him, then say "Nah!"

"My manly ways and turn of phrase are sure to thrill her!" Ling says, crossing his arm around you once more. You move out of his grip and stop near Yao. He grabs your collar and whispers to you, "He thinks he's such a lady killer."

Yao slaps the horse near him and it runs off, making Ling fall into the mud beside him as he was leaning against the carriage that the horse was pulling.

"I've a girl back home who's unlike any other," Chi-Fu smiles.

Yao whispers to you under his breath, "Yeah, the only girl who'd love him is his mother." You stifle a laugh, covering your mouth with your palms. Chi-Fu hears and frowns almost instantly.

But when we come home in victory, they'll line up at the door.

Yao finishes making snow-women before catching up with the group. "What do we want?" Ling asks, running through the snowy trees.

"A girl worth fighting for!" all the men chorus, making you join with them with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders.

"Wish that I had," Ling says dreamily.

"A girl worth fighting for!"

You duck your head and manage to escape from the line. Chien-Po, Yao and Ling stand in front of you with snowballs held above their head. You turn around.

A girl worth fighting-

You wish that you didn't turn your head, because what's in front of you makes your stomach whirl.

═════════════════

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- Author's Note

I swear that last 'for' would've been epic.