If I Take That Chance

By SherlySusan

On her wedding day, Sam Sheppard would have bolted out of the door if she hadn't remembered why she agrees to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Epilogue
One morning in Russo's kitchen
She Is In My Shirt 1
She is In My Shirt 2
One Beautiful Morning
My Perfect Goddess
House Chores
I Love You
Dreams
How to Please a Girlfriend
He doesn't Love Me
Red Lingerie
Kiss Me
The Bachelors Auction

Short stories

31.5K 464 11
By SherlySusan

Thanks for reading my book guys. Love you all!!! <3 <3 <3

For those of you who can't get enough of our beloved Luke and Sam, here's some short stories that I managed to write whenever I had time.

Some also in my website www.sherlysusan.com/author

Oh please note, these are short stories, don't get confuse, don't link them to each other.

All Unedited. Apology for mistakes.

Enjoy :)

___

The Dream Date

I realised I had no luck on the dating site, no, I realised it since long time ago but I've decided to give myself another go, yet whoever I dated would still ended up hurting me, cheating on me, dumped me or just behave like a jerk.

I stared at my phone on my coffee table, tempted to call a number which I just recently put on my speed dial. I sighed, he wouldn't be home at this hour I bet, but again who knows, he was so mysterious to me. He was a fine fine man, flawless in my opinion. He was hot, funny, and most of all single. He didn't have a jealous girlfriend who would be upset if I called him now I was sure. Perfect for me!

I sighed again and decided to give it a try.

"Sam?" He answered his phone after only three rings.

"Hey." I greeted him, a bit nervous that he would say he was busy and hang up on me.

"Hi."

"Busy?"

"Nope, why are you calling me? Aren't you on a date? Are you okay?" came his worried voice that sometimes I thought he was overprotective toward me.

"Yes, I was on a date and it all went wrong. I am at home now."

"Sorry to hear that. What happened?

"Oh well, let's just say he doesn't know how to treat a lady."

"Oh, another jerk?" he sounded happy to my surprise.

"Yes another jerk, Luke, and don't you dare laughing."

"Sorry....."

"I just want to have a nice date you know, just once I want to be treated like these pretty girls in the movie." I gave him a long sigh.

"Like what?"

"Oh, nothing, it's silly."

"No, tell me."

"You know, flowers, candle light dinner, slow dance, walking along the waterside, talking. That kind of date..."

He chuckled, "ah, romance novel's kind of date."

"Yeah.... Kind of. Anyway, are you free? Do you want to come over? I'll order pizza, I am starving."

"Yeah sure...." Then he went silent.

"Luke?"

"Where did you go for the date anyway?"

"Some fancy restaurant, North Sydney, I didn't even know the name..."

"Perfect. Ok, I'll come soon, by the way, what are you wearing?" sounded that he got up from his seat and walked around.

"Excuse me?"

"What are you wearing? I am at my dad's home right now, I don't want to see you in your dull short after ditching my parents and driving for thirty minutes to your place."

"I am still in my nice dress that jerk didn't deserve to see."

"Good, don't get change. I'll be there soon."

"You're weird...."

"Promise?" he insisted.

"Yeah ok, fine, just hurry up I am hungry."

"Ok, see you soon..." then I heard him calling out for his mom before he hung up.

He could be so strange sometimes. Cute the way he called out for his mother, just like a five years old wanted to get some treats. But I was sure he would come with a box of pizza and a dozen of beer for himself. Then we would spend the night watching some DVD on my couch. I didn't know why but suddenly I was excited about it and couldn't wait to see his face. All my grumpiness was gone, disappeared without a trace as soon as he said he would come over.

An hour later my doorbell rang.

Right when I opened the door I was greeted by a dozen of red roses and his dazzling smile. He wore a nice expensive charcoal suit with matching vest underneath and his black wavy hair that usually messy was combed neatly to the back. He looked different, no, he looked handsome, not that he didn't look handsome before, but this was beyond handsome, this was confident and rich, yes, he looked rich and he smelled rich. Did he wear perfume? I sniffed.

"Hi." He said, his smile was still lingered on his pinkish lips and his eyes obviously scanning me from head to toes in admiration gesture.

"Hi...." I gapped at him, my lower lips slightly trembled and my knees buckled, I would probably sprawl on the floor if there wasn't for the door handle that I gripped tightly.

"That jerk definitely didn't deserve a beautiful lady like you..."

"Thanks...." I responded still looking puzzled with him showing up looking like a million dollar man.

"Can I come in?"

"Ah, oh yes of course." Shit! I cursed myself, it was just Luke, why would I be so nervous like this?

He took few steps inside and gave me the flowers. I held it with my shaky hands.

"What is this for?" I asked.

He touched my cheek slightly, "you said you want flowers. Are they good enough?"

"Oh yes, beautiful. Thank you."

"Ready for dinner?" he asked.

"Dinner? I thought we would get pizza?"

"That was your plan. I have reservation at The Quay for us."

"The.... The Quay?" that was one of the top restaurants in the world, right in front of the famous Australia Icons' Harbour Bridge and the Opera House and I was sure that it would take six month to book a table there. I've tried once in the past.

"Yes." Again he smiled so sweetly at me.

"Oh okay... well, let me get my purse." I dashed into my bedroom. What was going on? I checked myself in the mirror in panic. The Quay! I had to look decent, no I had to look great just like him, but how could I? I was worry that I would embarrass him when we sit together.

Oh my god, what should I do? I paced and took a glance at my reflection. Yes I wore nice gown, yes my hairdo was still intact, my make up was fine. Lipstick? I arched forward to look at my lips closer...

"Sam? Are you okay?"

"Yes, sorry, I'll be right there." Finally I gave up, nothing I could do with my face. Take it or leave it I've decided.

Luke was still standing in the middle of my living room, hands deep in his pockets, waiting for me patiently. The view made me weak on my knees and I tripped on my high heels.

"Be careful!" he quickly caught my shoulders to steady me and I blushed furiously.

"I am no match for high heels." I bubbled.

"You look gorgeous. Don't worry about high heels, hold my hand." He extended his hand waiting for me to take it and I did, I rested my palm on his and he squished it lightly before guiding me out to the hallway.

"Thank you, you look hot too." I answered while looking down to the floor, somehow I became really shy.

We rode the lift in silent and I noticed that he didn't let go of me, his warm large palm wrapped mine and his thumb rubbed the back of my hand, oh gosh I couldn't help myself for not leaning my head on his strong arm.

"Why taking me out?" I finally asked.

He turned his head to look at me, "You said you want to have a dream date. So this is it."

"Oh? With you?"

"Why not? It's only for tonight. Or you'd rather stay at home and watch tv? I don't mind."

"No, no, this is good. Thank you."

"Good." Again he went silent. When we reached the ground floor he let go of my hand to pull something out from his trousers' pocket, a car key with Mercedes Benz key ring.

Wow, I thought.

"I borrow my mom's car for tonight." He grinned and guided me to the parking lot by resting his hand on my lower back, I shivered. His touch was so gentle and careful as if he was worry that he would break me if he was too rough.

A new two door Mercedes parked just right next to my car, and the light flashed slightly when he pressed the remote control.

"Nice car...." I trailed its front light with my fingers.

"SLK series, my mom got it last week." He opened the passenger door for me and waited when I slowly slid my petit body in. This car was incredible, the leather seat immediately wrapped my body as if it welcomed me into its luxurious interior.

Luke turned on the engine, and it purr softly, too soft that I almost couldn't hear it.

" I wish I had a car like this....." I touched the dashboard dreaming about driving it in the highway, it must feel amazing.

"Do you want to drive it?"

"Oh, no... no... no..... you drive. I would be too nervous to drive a car that worth more than my yearly salary."

He laughed, "Don't be silly. My mom would just buy another one. I've scratched her BMW when I was in uni and she just shook her head before picking up a phone and called the dealer to swap it with the newer model"

"She wasn't mad at you?"

"No, she said being upset about money only cause heartbreak. I ended up taking her shopping whole day just to say I am sorry. That was worth a million dollar, shopping with my mom can be more tiring than going to the gym for 8 hours."

"You rich people...."

"Not me, my parents." He corrected.

"Yes, yes, your parents." I agreed. Luke always denied the fact that he was the only heir of Russo family, one of the richest families in the country. He lived and worked like ordinary people, he didn't earn much, even my car was better than his. His wardrobe was from the rack, cheap shoes, cheap haircut, he didn't even hang out with rich kids. Yes they talked and had meeting sometimes but not as friends, they talked about business. At least that was what he said to me. He had some investments but he never told me what, he just said that he wanted to prepare a good future for him, his wife and kids. I used to laugh at him whenever he mentioned about his plan to have a family.

"We're here." His voice broke my trail of thought.

Again, he held my hand when we exited the car park and walked along the harbour to the restaurant. He was so quiet that I almost believed that he was nervous for having this fake date with me. But I guessed I was only dreaming. Luke would never been nervous around girls. He was the ultimate prince charming who always made the ladies gone wild. I saw him once talking to some girls at the gym and he successfully made all of them blushed without even trying.

An overly friendly waitress greeted us when we entered the restaurant. She took us upstairs into the tower, best spot that over looked the harbour and the rest of the good view.

The floor was empty and only lit by a dimmed chandelier in the middle of the room. A Table with candles on it was placed slightly off, closer to the glass windows facing the breathtaking view outside that people usually would spend thousands of dollars to enjoy it.

Soft piano played in the background adding the romantic atmosphere that they were trying to create. He interpreted my dream date accurately, that I felt like I walked in into one of the romantic novels that I've read in the past.

I looked up at him when he pushed the chair in for me, "thank you."

He gazed at me and smiled, "do you like the view?"

"The view is amazing.... How could you pull out something like this in matter of minutes?"

"I have my way...." He took off his jacket and placed it on the back of his chair. His vest framed his broad chest, divining his hard work at the gym nicely. I eyed him on his every single gracious move without dare blinking.

He took a seat in front of me, beaming that I was satisfied with his effort. Who wouldn't? I wondered.

We had a nice dinner, the food was amazing, the view was spectacular and to my surprise when we started eating, the background music was changed into my favourite playlist from my mobile phone.

"Luke.... Did you hack into my phone again?"

He grinned, "Long time ago Babe."

I didn't know when but I was sure it wasn't that long ago. I only knew Luke for six months and he rarely touched my stuff. Whenever he was in my apartment he would always well behaved, unless one time when he took me home from the pub where I got my drink spiked from a guy that I dated.

I passed out and only woke up the next day without even remembered what was happening to me. He sat by my side the whole time, that was probably when he snooped around to kill the time. I didn't mind though, he could check all my belonging, I had nothing to hide, at least not from him. He knew everything about me, my thought, the guys that I used to date, some stupid things that I've done in the past, maybe not all, the only thing that he didn't know was my feeling for him that I tried to burry deep down inside my heart.

I had to admit that his charm slowly worming into my heart. He knew I wouldn't date him, not that he wanted to date me though, but he knew that he was in the friend zone and I warned him several time that he shouldn't cross it. Yes I sounded mean but I had my reasons. He was the only one that could hurt me and if he did, I didn't know if I could recover. I didn't know if I would survive.

"Do you want to dance?" he stood up and offered his hand when one of song that I listened often started playing. Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

He guided me to the middle of the floor, slowly he took my hands and placed it around his neck while he rested his on my hips. I looked up at him and he smiled, his eyes softened, his steps slow but sure. He apparently knew how to dance.

"My favourite song." I commented.

"Mine too." He agreed. We swayed slowly around the floor following the rhythm of the heavy bass and without realised it I rested my head on his broad chest. He slid his hand up to my back and pulled me closer to him so I could hear his heartbeat. So steady, so strong, that made me feel safe and loved.

"....will be loving you till we're seventy." He mumbled copying the lyric of the song.

"Just seventy?" I giggled.

"Hundred seventy if I could." He rested his cheek on my head, feeling his breath tickling my hair.

"Thank you." I said quietly. "You know, you don't have to do this."

"I just want to make you happy." His baritone voice rumbled inside his chest.

I didn't know what I did right in the past that I deserved a friend like him. I knew he just want me to be happy. I knew he would take care of me and protected me if he had to, but I really didn't deserve this. I meant I couldn't let myself fall deeper than it already was.

Oh god please made this feeling stop. I begged quietly, he was only a friend to me, a friend that slowly digging deeper into the most sensitive part of my heart and I wouldn't let him because one day he would find his girl and he would leave me, no matter how much I cared about him, my love wouldn't be able to hold him, he was out of my league.

I blinked to stop tears that suddenly wanted to come out.

He took my chin and lifted it up so he could stare into my eyes. His thumb rubbed my jaw gently and sending shiver through my spines, "are you okay?" he asked, worry in his eyes.

The song was over and we stood there in the middle of the room didn't want to let go of each other.

"Yes. I just...." I blinked again, "Thank you.... No one had ever done this to me before, and yet, you pulled this out perfectly."

"My pleasure." He whispered, slightly lowered his face as if he wanted to kiss me, his eyes flickered between my eyes and my lips. Slowly I closed the gap, now our lips only few centimetres away from each other. I could feel his breath against my mouth but second later I panicked and he must see it in my eyes. He stopped to give me plenty of time to pull out, so I ducked and he let me go. Emptiness ravished my heart all off sudden when his hands leaving my body.

Oh god, what did I do? I watched his face fell and my heart broken into a million pieces but I couldn't do anything, I had to protect myself, he was the only man who could hurt me and I wouldn't let that happen. I would settle for a friendship, nothing more.

I moved forward hesitantly expecting him to back off to avoid me but he stood still, waiting for my next move. He let me made all the decision, I knew.

Slowly I lifted up my left hand and rested it on his chest and touched his cheek with my right hand, he closed his eyes, enjoying our connection.

"Luke, you're too precious to me....." I whispered with shaky voice, I bit my lip to stop me from crying.

His brown eyes stared at me seeking for the meaning of my words and after a while he understood, he smiled and took my hand then kissed it, "and you are to me." He whispered back.

"I think this is really a bad idea..... I don't want us to be over."

"I understand." He replied to me so softly, his voice choked a little bit.

He drove me home and bid goodbye in front of my door with a light kiss on my forehead.

I watched him walking away, shoulders slummed and disappeared into the lift that would take him down to the ground floor and in a brief second I locked my front door, slid myself down to the floor crying my heart out.......

***

The next day he called me in the office.

"Yes Sir?" I answered the phone.

"Hello you. Feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank you for last night. I am really sorry, I shouldn't shut you up like that."

"No, it's okay. My fault. Do you want to hang out tonight? I'll bring pizza, no salami."

I laughed, he remembered what I like on my pizza. Of course he remembered, he was my best friend, and now he knew everything about me. Totally everything......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 25.6K 23
Adam Devin Crighton was in love with Rhea Ivy Palmer ever since he could remember. But whatever he did, his love was only one-sided. What was he supp...
567K 15K 41
Ashley Carlson, a frustrated law student, found herself in the middle of the aisle. But she doesn't hate to be there. To be honest, she is very much...
14.8K 828 51
!!! A Stray Kids Modeling AU !!! 𝖿𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗑_π–Όπ—‚π—ˆπ—Žπ—Œ_: π—’π—ˆπ—Ž 𝗆𝖺𝗄𝖾 π—€π—‚π—‹π—…π—Œ π—Œπ—π—ˆπ—ˆπ—‡ π—ƒπ—Žπ—Œπ— 𝖻𝗒 π—…π—ˆπ—ˆπ—„π—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆 𝗁𝗐𝖺.𝗁...
92.5K 5.6K 22
Justine McKay and Brandon Corwin ***** Brandon Corwin was handsome, with stunning grey eyes and Attorney at Law. He was intrigued with Justine McKay...