A Summer To Never Forget {Com...

By Wolf_Fire_Ice

Book 1 The Four Seasons Series Archon Phury Cole or Arch for short hated his life and his father Sterling Col... More

Original book cover
Prologue
1. Archon
2. Riley
3. Archon
4. Riley
5. Archon
6. Riley
7. Archon
8. Riley
9. Archon
10. Riley
11. Archon
12. Riley
13. Archon
14. Riley
15. Archon
16. Riley
17. Archon
18. Riley
19. Archon
20. Riley
21. Archon
22. Riley
23. Archon
24. Riley
25. Archon
26. Riley
27. Archon
28. Riley
29. {interlude} Keelan
30. Archon
31. Riley
32. Archon
33. Riley
34. Archon
35. Riley
Sequel to A summer to never forget

36. Archon

6.1K 325 66
By Wolf_Fire_Ice

(Pic of Leah and Liam at the wedding ---->)

        I can’t believe we’re getting married! And to think that Riles managed to keep it from me for all this time too. Like some idiot I can’t keep the megawatt smile from my face; I feel invincible, feel like nothing can bring me down; not even the asshole clients at work or asshole teachers. I am so stoked that we’re getting married that I totally miss what the teacher just said to me. “What?” I blink in confusion as some in the class snicker [She asked you to fix the problem on the blackboard.] I groan slightly as I get up to solve it [Thanks Keelan.] I link as I pass him on my way to the blackboard, grab the chalk and write the answer. “Mister Cole, since when do you wear an engagement ring?” Mrs. Robins asked slightly puzzled. I grin as I glance down to the ring that has not left my finger since Riles put it there, well that is unless I shower or something. “I am engaged, and we’re still planning the wedding.” She surprises me with her next sentence “So you’re not going to be Cole anymore aren’t you? What is the name of your partner?” I blink, not sure how to react “Um… it’s going to be Woods ma’am.” [Did that really just happen?] I sit back down flabbergasted, Keelan just rolled his eyes [It seems she doesn’t care either way right?] 

        The warm fuzzy feeling made it easier to deal with the whispers and stares thrown my way as I make my way through school. Just like me, Riles couldn’t stop smiling as he waits every day on me to finish school. Okay he waits on Keelan too but that doesn’t matter at all. To my most utter surprise he told me one day in class that Riles had told him that he was going to propose to me the day he asked him to watch the kids. Even my dad said he knew Riles was going to propose, I just pouted when I heard that. I don’t like being kept out of the loop of things. My sisters on the other hand squealed and immediately started planning things for the wedding and colour schemes.

        Liam and Leah were a little confused by all the hectic-ness going on, “Daddy” Leah asked me one day, she called me daddy since Riles was Papa. “What does marrage mean?” I smile slightly at her as I lift her on my lap; Liam was watching us intently too. “It means Papa and I love each other very much and are going to have a huge party with lots of presents and cake.” Both of them cheered at the mentioning of lots of presents and cake. “So when is this party daddy?” She asked excitedly, her eyes shining. “I don’t know yet honey, you should ask papa when he gets back.” 

        Just then I heard the front door close and Riles walked in, shrugging out of his coat “Ask me what?” He sat down on the couch and tug off his boots; Liam waddled over to him making him smile as he picked him up. Were children grow up pretty fast, faster than normal human children anyway. Leah left my lap and scurried over to Riles “When are you and daddy going to have the big party with lots and lots of presents and cake.” Liam nodded his head feverishly, he really liked cake.

        Riles chuckled a little uncomfortably as he set Liam next down to Leah on the couch, patting both their heads. “A party that big is going to take a lot of planning, we have to take inconsideration the busy schedules of all the people we’re going to invite.” Leah looked deep in thought, “Like grandma and grandpa?” Riles nodded his head “Exactly, and then daddy’s papa, and sisters and their mates and children, uncle Freddy, my parents, uncle Keelan and Shelley and their mom, Dean and his mate.” Leah’s eyes widened “That’s a lot of people papa.” 

        It was hard to find a date where everybody could be free at the same time. We had even asked the King to come and the Oracle was there too, she was going to wed us. We were seated at the dinner table, still thinking about our guests. “I still think we should invite Dillan, I think it will be good for him to be among others.” Riles nodded his head as he scribbled his name on our guest list “Are there anyone from your team you want to invite?” He checked the wedding list for anymore spaces “There are some spaces left to fill.” I glance over his shoulder; there are three more spaces left. “I need to think about it.”

        “What has you thinking so deep Archie?” I grin a little guiltily at Geoffrey and Maud as they look at me curiously. “I am wondering who from here to invite to my wedding.”  Geoffrey and Maud blinked “I didn’t know you were getting married.” Maud said shocked as she hugged me “Congratulations!” She was sick when I announced that I was engaged. “Do you two with your partners and children want to come? I have a few spots left on our guest list.” Maud looked overjoyed and Geoffrey looked surprised “Where is the venue?” Maud bounced back and forth on her feet, bubbling with excitement. I bit my lip “At the Pack Lands.” I mumble, not too sure how they would take it. Geoffrey flinched “Look if it makes you uncomfortable you don’t have to come.” I say to him, positive he’s going to decline. “I am sure my wife would love to be witness to her first Pack wedding.” Maud gasps, “I need to find a date! Let me know when you and your partner have a day planned!” She gushes as she scurries off to call people, most likely to find a suitable date. 

        Riles laughed as I told him on our ride home how Maud reacted, “Well that leaves only one more spot to fill, who is it going to be? Someone from school?” I yawn a little “I don’t know. Are you sure you don’t have anyone you want to invite?” Riles shakes his head “No, the most I know are already invited or have to work.” We barely stepped into the house before we were bombarded with sounds and smells, telling me that dad and my sisters are over. “Daddy!” Leah squeals as she spots me and tries to tackle me to the floor. I grin as I see William chase her, “Hello uncle Archie.” I pet his head “Hello little man, how are you doing?” William just grins as he races back to the living room, the centre of all the hubbub. “Dada!” Liam screeched happily from my father’s lap, holding out his arms to be picked up. “Papa!” Riles smiles as he reaches out and Liam latches on immediately. He has been ‘talking’ since a while since he turned ten months old; the only understandable words were Dada and papa. I groan slightly as I see my sisters and Madison, Riles’ mother excitedly huddled in a corner “Do I even want to know?” I put Leah on the floor as I took my seat besides Niamh. She elbowed me “Of course you do, we finally found a date for your wedding.” I perk up “Really when? So I can tell the people who I invited today at work.”

        They looked a little uncomfortable “Have you asked the King for their permission?” Maeve asked; her brow creased in worry. “I already asked him and he agreed.” Riles answered from the living room. “So,” I lean against the table “when am I getting married?” By the end of the evening I wished I hadn’t asked; my mind was still reeling from all the details and all the other stuff they had told me. “I bet you’re tired huh?” Riles asked as we were finally done cleaning up after our hectic guests. I stretch and yawn “Yeah, never knew how stressful it could be, organizing a wedding. Never again.” I grumble as I snuggle under the covers “They even thought about the clothes and stuff for the kids too.”

        ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

        Wedding day

        “I can’t believe my little boy is getting married today!” My father exclaimed for the umpteenth time today, making my roll my eyes as I fiddle with my tie. He takes the tie out of my hands and does it for me “I just wished your mother was here to witness this.” My throat closed up, as I see the film of unshed tears gather in his eyes. I hug him tightly “Me too dad. Me too.” A sniff makes us pull apart, my sisters’ stand on the threshold of my bedroom, my place to get dressed. They join the hug “I am sure she’s smiling down on us. I mean look at the lovely weather!” Niamh was right, until recently the weather was cold and grey, and now it’s a lot warmer and sunny. Dad pats my shoulders “Are you ready?” I nod my head and leave the room with my family on my heels.

        On my way to the altar, I was glad to see Maud and her date and Geoffrey and his wife in the gathered crowd, smiling at me. I smile as I see Leah dressed a beautiful white dress in skip in front of me strewn flowers all over the place with Liam’s father and Jasmine’s mother at her side. Behind them were Jasmine’s father and Liam’s mother with Liam dressed in his own little tuxedo in her arms holding our rings. They move to the side as they reach the altar, giving me a clear view of Riles standing there with his father and brother behind him. Riles looks absolutely stunning with his dark styled hair, making me take in what he’s wearing. He’s wearing a white button up shirt, dark tie, dark waistcoat and dark dress pants and black dress shoes. Dad, who walked me down the aisle, handed me over and moved to the side. The Oracle smiled and everybody quieted down as they took their seats.

        “Friends, we have joined here today to share with Riley and Archie an important moment in their lives. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” There is a brief silence before the Oracle proceeded “Now it’s time for their vows, Riley please begin.” Riles takes a deep breath as he looks at me [We will be fine.] He smiles lightly as he slowly slips the white golden ring on my finger “I Riley take you Archie with this ring to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.”

        He squeezes my hands lightly as I swallow thickly; his words hit me in my heart. “Now it’s your turn Archon.” The Oracle gently whispered. I take the ring from Liam as I slowly push it up Riles' finger “I Archon take you Riley with this ring to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.”

        The Oracle smiled, "With the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss your husband." I waste no time as I fist his jacket and pull his face to mine, aggressively smashing our lips together. From there Riles took over the kiss, pushing his tongue past my willing lips and touched every inch of my mouth. Hoots and howls sounded as we break the kiss, making me grin shyly. They all cheered as we walked down the aisle, clapping and grinning. 

        Later at the reception the kids run around as we talk and eat, Maud was the first to come up and talk to me and congratulates me once again, her date looks a little uncomfortable to be here. After that it was Geoffrey and his wife, he assured me that the both of them enjoyed themselves immensely. He told me his wife took a lot of pictures, something Madison jumped on; she was planning on making a scrapbook of our marriage. A new hobby of hers, she told Geoffrey's wife that she would send her a copy.

        After the reception and all the dancing, there were only a few couples still dancing on the dance floor, that was until Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding came on. I dragged Riles to the dance floor, forcing him to slow dance with me. The song held meaning for me; to me it meant that no matter what, I will always love Riles. Even if we have the mate connection, I came to love Riles on my own, the mate connection helped a lot, but it was just a factor, not the main reason.

        You’re the light, you’re the night

        You're the colour of my blood

        You're the cure, you're the pain

        You're the only thing I wanna touch

        Never knew that it could mean so much, so much

        You're the fear, I don't care

        Cause I've never been so high

        Follow me to the dark

        Let me take you past our satellites

        You can see the world you brought to life, to life

        So love me like you do, love me like you do

        Love me like you do, love me like you do

        Touch me like you do, touch me like you do

        What are you waiting for?

        Fading in, fading out

        On the edge of paradise

        Every inch of your skin is a holy grail I've got to find

        Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire

        Yeah, I'll let you set the pace

        Cause I'm not thinking straight

        My head spinning around I can't see clear no more

        What are you waiting for?

        Love me like you do, love me like you do

        Touch me like you do, touch me like you do

        What are you waiting for?

        Yeah, I'll let you set the pace

        Cause I'm not thinking straight

        My head spinning around I can't see clear no more

        What are you waiting for?

        Love me like you do, love me like you do

        Touch me like you do, touch me like you do

        What are you waiting for?

Riles twirls me one more time before pulling me back into his chest. "I love you Archie." I smile as I lean up on my tippy toes and kiss him softly. “I love you too Riles. Forever and always.”

                                                                        FIN!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 4.2K 5
Book 1 of the You Series. Leo Johnson has been a good boy since the day he was born. He always did what he was told and got the best grades in school...
958K 39.3K 31
[Book #1 in the Blackwood Pack series] Currently in the process of rewriting (it'll be uploaded as a separate book) ________________ ...
444K 19.8K 27
~BOOK 1 Saviour series ~ **UNDER RECONSTRUCTION** Not everything is as it seems. Evan has never been loved, never been cared for. He has always been...
The Next Hero By J

General Fiction

50 1 4
The world isn't as we know it today, taking place somewhere farther than we, a city that emerged in the mid 18 hundred, Seaveil, a land that used to...