Engaged

By MJH024

The Howard's and the Chapman's are the two richest and most influential families in the world. After gangs a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Parents POV (before the engagement)
Parents POV (at the end)

Chapter 16

2.8K 77 6
By MJH024

Wednesday through Friday went pretty quickly for both girls.  As the week went on more and more people were coming up to the girls and congratulating them on their engagement.  Lainey and Peyton both played along well when it came to talking nice about each other. They had gotten to know each other enough to pass off that they'd been together for awhile. It was also easy for them to come across as sincere, because they were for the most part. The girls had now found a new appreciation for each other.

"Well damn, a little warning next time you plan on standing in the kitchen half naked and I'll at least fix my bed head and put in my contacts." Peyton joked.

"I think your messy bun and glasses are cute."  Lainey said between drinks.  "Plus I just got back from my run and needed a drink.  I haven't just been standing here waiting for you to come down."

Peyton choked at the complement and tried changing the subject to keep Lainey from seeing how it had effected her.  "Do you run every morning?"

Peyton's reaction wasn't lost on Lainey, and she wanted to play with her a little more.  "Why, you like the view?  Should I start waking you up before I change every morning when I workout?"

Peyton blushed "I-... I ju-just... I mean I wou-"  realizing she wasn't going to be able to speak anytime soon she stopped trying and stood there.

"I'm kidding P. And to answer your question I do workout every morning, but I don't always go out for a run."

"Oh"

"I still need to do my ab workout before I shower.  Want to come count my sets?"

"Me?"

Lainey laughed as she started down to the basement.  "Yes, Princess.  You are the only other person in the house right now.  I gave the staff the weekend off."

"Oh, yeah, ok.  What does counting sets include?" Peyton asked as she followed Lainey down to the basement.

"Not much, you just have to watch me workout and count each rep."

"Ok, that shouldn't be hard." Peyton said confidently.

She was however, proven very wrong.  She found it extremely difficult to focus on counting while watching Lainey workout.  Each rep made her sweat a little more, and caused her muscles to shine a little more.

"How many was that?" Lainey asked, bring Peyton back to reality.

"Uh... I.... fif-... I los-"

Lainey chucked as she sat all the way up from her last rep.  "It was 25, but I could tell you weren't counting so I thought I'd tease you."

"You're an ass."

"You're the one who can't count to 25."

"Well, I'm sorry.  Who in their right mind would be able to focus while watching you workout?"

Lainey smirked at the compliment.  "You like my body, do you?"

"It's not the worst one I've seen." Peyton admitted.

"How about the best?"

"I plead the fifth." Peyton crossed her arms.

"We're in our basement, not a court room." Lainey rolled her eyes.

"I still have my rights."

"Whatever, I don't need your compliments anyway.  I know my body is great."

"Oh yeah?  Who told you that?"

"Half of your cheerleading squad back in high school, all the guys who hit on me over the years, Eli, Mack, all of my teammates, your friend Josie more times than anyone else probably,....... oh yeah, and you complimented my abs that first morning you came down and found me working out."

"If Josie always told you how great you were maybe you should go back to her." Peyton grumbled.

"Got her number?" Lainey teased.

"Fuck you." Peyton said turning away and walking upstairs.

"Oh, come on, it was a joke." Lainey yelled after her

"Well I didn't find it funny."  Peyton said from the top of the stairs. Peyton wasn't actually mad with Lainey, but she knew that she couldn't stay and watch the girl workout any longer unless she wanted to embarrass herself even further.

It was getting harder and harder for Peyton to hide her growing feelings from Lainey, especially when all she did was flirt with her half the time.

After finishing up her workout Lainey went and hopped in the shower.  After she was done she went back to her room and laid on her bed and started searching Netflix for a new show to watch.

"Madam Secretary is pretty good if you're into political shows." Peyton said from the doorway

"Thanks. Have you seen Designated Survivor?"

"Every season" Peyton said walking in and taking a seat next to Lainey on her bed.

"It's on my watch list, but I haven't started it yet. Want to start it with me?"

Peyton looked at her in question. "Can we have snacks?"

"I am the snack." Lainey winked.

"Gross. I'm going to make some popcorn."

"So no drinks?" Lainey yelled out as Peyton walked away.

A few minutes later Peyton walked back in with popcorn, two Gatorades, and two waters. "I didn't know what you'd want to drink so I just brought two of each."

"Thanks, Princess."

They spent the rest of the day laid up together in Lainey's bed watching Designated Survivor. Peyton ended up falling asleep in Lainey's bed. Lainey didn't want to bother her, so she left her there and turned off the show before going downstairs to take care of their dishes from earlier as well as the bowl they ate popcorn out of.

When she got back to the room Peyton had moved from one side to the middle of the bed. Lainey tried scooting her over some, but it just ended up with Peyton Laying halfway on top of Lainey.

The next morning they were both awoken by Lainey's alarm.

Lainey reached over to turn off her alarm, but it was kind of tough because Peyton was still laying partially on her.

Peyton was frozen in fear because she wasn't used to waking up in the same bed with someone else.

"Good morning beautiful. Sorry about the alarm, but I have to get ready to go meet Mack and Eli. You can go back to sleep if you want."

Peyton sighed in relief as she realized it was just Lainey in bed with her; however, the relief was brief because she started to blush noticing that they were still in Lainey's room. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep last night. I can leave."

"It's cool, P. Just relax, I'm actually glad you stayed, even if it was an accident. I slept better last night than I have in awhile, plus I got a great view when I woke up this morning."

This only furthered Peyton's blush. "W-where did you say you were going?"

"To meet Mack and Eli. We're volunteering at an animal shelter today. Wanna come?" Lainey asked getting up to start getting ready.

Peyton smiled at the invitation. "Do you want me to come?"

Lainey smirked. "If I didn't want you to come I wouldn't have offered, now would I?"

"You could have just been trying to be nice since you woke me up." Peyton teased.

Lainey playfully rolled her eyes. "Will you please come to the animal shelter with us today, Princess? Nothing would make me happier than cleaning up dog shit by your side!"

"Only because you said please, but you have to promise me we can play with the babies before we leave."

"Deal, but we are not adopting one."

"We'll see" Peyton responded getting out of bed.

"No, we aren't ready for a pet yet."

"Fiiiinnneeeeee" Peyton sighed.

20 minutes later both girls were in the car ready to head out.

"Which animal shelter is it?" Peyton asked as they pulled out of the driveway.

"The one Mack's grandpa owns."

"Oh, cool. Is it far?"

"No, it's about 10 minutes from the house."

When they pulled up to the shelter they saw Eli already standing there with Mackenzie's grandpa and cousin, but no Mackenzie.

"Lainey!" Eli yelled out excitedly as she got out. "Aaahhh, shit, you're here too." Eli rolled his eyes once he saw Peyton. "Hello Peyton."

"Eli" Lainey warned.

"I'm being nice. I said hello." Eli defended. "I just didn't know she was coming, it caught me off guard."

"Lainey," Peyton intervened before Lainey said anything else. "It's fine. I already know your friends don't like me, and I don't blame them for it. Plus I'm here for you and the animals, not Eli and his not so subtle shade."

Mackenzie's cousin cleared her throat trying to get the attention of Lainey.

"Alyssa Jane!" Lainey called out, noticing the girl for the first time.

"Lainey Marie!"

The two ran to meet each other in the middle for a big hug.

"You wish that was you, huh?" Eli snickered to Peyton.

"Shut up." Peyton sneered.

"I've missed you! I haven't seen you in forever!" Alyssa exclaimed.

"I've been busy. Plus you never tell me when you're back for break." Lainey laughed.

"I don't come back that often." Alyssa laughed. "I'm here for a month though so maybe we can hangout a time or two before I leave again."

"Gladly, just let me know when and I'll let you know if I'm free."

"Once you two are done eating each other out do you want to introduce your fiancé?" Eli shouted towards the girls.

Lainey turned to scold Eli, but was quickly met with an angry Peyton.

"I can introduce myself since apparently I'm chopped liver compared to her." Peyton sassed. "Peyton Chapman, but you can just call me Lainey's fiancé so that you never forget." She said extending her hand out to Alyssa.

"Ok.... well I'm Alyssa Hamilton, and you better not call me shit till you get that stick out of your ass. Lainey and I were friends long before you came along. If you plan on acting like this all day you can take your rich ass right back home, because I'm not dealing with it."

"Says the girl flirting with my fiancé."

"I'm literally straight, and happily in a relationship."

"Just to let you know if they fight I've got 50 on Peyton, she seems feisty." Eli nudged Lainey.

"Shut up." Lainey rolled her eyes at her idiot friend before stepping in between the girls. "Ok, that's enough. Alyssa it's great to see you and I'm glad you're back, but out of respect for me and my fiancé can you please back off a little?" Lainey said to Alyssa before turning to Peyton. "Now, you, Alyssa is also right. We are just friends, she was a part of my life before you, she's straight, I've met her boyfriend and he's great, and I also need you to trust me a little more. Just because someone gets a little flirtier with me than you'd like doesn't give you the right to be rude. I'm not going to cheat on you, I promise."

"Hey guys! What'd I miss?" Mackenzie asked as she walked up late.

"I'll fill you in later. Also on a completely unrelated note has your cousin ever taken any self defense classes?" Eli asked.

"Uhhh not that I'm aware of. Why?"

"Oh, thank God." Eli breathed in relief. "My 50 should be safe then." He said before walking away.

"50 what?" Mackenzie yelled out as she jogged to catch up to everyone else who had already headed inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 2.1K 27
Abby has seen Sam four times over the last four years, and three of those times ended with a kiss on the cheek. But now, Abby is finally going to go...
721K 11.6K 27
THIS BOOK IS NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION! WARNING: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY, DUE TO STRONG SEXUAL CONTENT AND LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL VALANC...
180K 6.1K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
252K 6.4K 25
please bare with me I wrote this book when I had no sense at all. this book is Stockholm Syndrome Lily Jenkins was just a girl who wanted anot...