A Unique Crossover

By Cindles2199

Jennifer (Jenna) Anela Hawkins is not just your usual tomboy that you have seen before. She's a great dancer... More

Prologue
Chapter1: First Day on campus
Chapter2: Dance and Soccer try-outs
Chapter3: Little girl wanna be on the boys' squad
Chapter4: Taking risks
Chapter5: Family dinner with the witch
Chapter6: Movie night
Chapter7: Stuck in the middle
Chapter8: The McLellan's Home
Chapter9: Try not to get jealous
Chapter10: A W Morning
Chapter11: Daughter of two Legacies
Chapter12: Swag Crew
Chapter13: Faking smiles till you make it (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Faking smiles till you make it (Part 2)
Chapter15: Dancing with a McLellan (Part 1)
Chapter16: Dancing with a McLellan (Part 2)
Chapter17: Catching up with an ex
Chapter18: Mixing with a British teacup whose name is Rex
Chapter19: An iron, shirking box
Chapter20: Drunk Visits
Chapter21: No longer strangers
Chapter22: New, hot wheels
Chapter24: Surprise for dinner
Chapter25: Don't panic and run
Chapter26: Kayla's Makau
Chapter27: Seat X
Chapter28: Father knows best
Chapter29: Starting over with bacon
Chapter30: The White Rabbit
Chapter31: Dance or Break
Chapter32: Kiss the girl
Chapter33: Another sort of Catfish
Chapter34: Hidden Talents
Chapter35: Was it just a fling?
Chapter36: A Greater Danger
Chapter37: Free babysitting
Chapter38: The cat's out of the bag
Chapter39: A Knight or A Princess
Chapter40: Victory Party
Chapter41: Tea party for a disaster
Chapter42: Your team, not Mine
Chapter43: Igniting Hope
Chapter44: Boys VS Girls
Chapter45: Know where you stand
Chapter46: A shoulder to lean on
Chapter47: Roommates for one night
Chapter48: Just one little word
Chapter49: Poor Innocent Mind
Chapter50: In or Out?
Chapter51: Give it to me straight
Chapter52: Playing against an Ex
Chapter53: Just talk to me
Chapter54: Charlie's Little Italy
Chapter55: A night with the crush
Chapter56: Shades of blue
Chapter 57: A Golden Stage
Chapter 58: Celebrating the 4th of July
Chapter 59: Rivalry before a friendship
Chapter60: A special guest
Chapter61: Dinner with the McLellan
Chapter62: Facing an unknown rage
Chapter63: Having peace
Chapter64: Hello, old friend
Chapter65: A night at the museum
Chapter66: Painting Memories
Chapter67: Tattoos and Surfboards
Chapter68: Being a rainbow for you
Chapter69: Late night visit
Chapter70: Falling Apart
Chapter71: Breaking free
Chapter72: Breaking the Internet
Chapter73: Purple
Chapter74: Lowkey
Chapter75: A night with you
Chapter76: Birthday Bash
Chapter77: Blame the eyes
Chapter78: Mom's tattoo
Chapter79: Beach Day
Chapter80: David's girl
Chapter81: First to know
Chapter82: Darkness and stars
Chapter83: Feels real
Chapter84: Don't want this
Chapter85: Unwanted threat
Chapter86: Hating myself
Chapter87: Gate keeper
Chapter88: Are you lonesome tonight?
Chapter89: Burying the hatchet
Chapter90: Birthday gifts
Chapter91: Cake and names
Chapter92: Road trip songs

Chapter23: One game for old times

319 2 25
By Cindles2199

For a whole week, the gang and I has been teasing David after finding out that Starfire is pregnant with Rex's babies along with Charlie and Ryan which he didn't like so much.
After finding the two 'lovebirds' making love in the garden, David and Henry took both dogs to the vet.

Who confirmed that Starfire has been pregnant for at least seven days.
And when both parents from the two households heard the big news they could not be any happier. Unlike the frenemy who are David and Henry.

Then weekend was here again, and I was having a short drive to the small park that's close to my house since Aunt Gabriella doesn't have stupid Pageant practices where she might yell at me for coming third again.

Mr Oliver opens his bookstore at ten in the morning than eight thirty during the week and since it's only eight fifteen, I could enjoy some time in this amazing place.

The park hasn't changed one bit, it's still as large as it has always been since I was a kid, the grass is still green, and the trees are still standing tall and proud as they give shade to everyone.
And since it's a Saturday, there's a lot of families and friends enjoying themselves with each other with games and just catching up with each other.

There's this one spot that my family and I would always come to that has a small bench that's big enough for us to sit on while having a huge open space where we could do whatever we want.
We could play one on one soccer, have a huge picnic with Raymond and his family, play all types of games and enjoy a small BQQ without anyone telling us that we can't.

As I was walking closer towards our spot, I notice Raymond and some of the guys from his high school who used to play on the same soccer team with him after scoring he spotted me and did this huge celebration that he use to do back in high school.

Running towards me, sliding across the grass with his arms pointing upwards to the left while screaming, "Soulja Boy!!!"

Stopping inches in front of me, standing up to pick me up for a big friendly bear hug which is a little bit over the top.
But that's only because, he gets super excited whenever he plays a sport that we both love equally, "Did you see how I scored? Scott didn't even stand a chance against me."

"Alright, macho, I got the point, now please put me down." I patted his back and he finally puts me down to properly hug me.

Slagging an arm on top of my shoulder while walking slowly to the rest of his friends who kept on playing with themselves, "So, what brings you back to our favourite park, Ray?"

Shrugging his shoulders with a small smile, "I just wanted some space away from campus and since the friends I have there doesn't know how to play soccer, I got some of the boys from high school together to one or three games with me."

"Seriously? Like none of your friends on campus doesn't know how to play soccer?" I couldn't understand how that was suppose, I mean, everyone should know at least one or two things on how to play the game.
They don't need to know how to play the game to the tee, but just some of the basic to enjoy themselves. Shaking his head to answer, "I know, it's a bit sad really."

His friends who were on his team for the day was starting to lose the ball and after three passes, the score was now one all which irritated Ray very much, "Coghill, O'Neal, get your heads in the game!! Come on!!"

Little fun fact that you should know about my friend Ray, he'd played for his school since the eighth grade, he has been caption of the team since the ninth grade for the amount of passion, skill and how good he could work with anyone.

All of this showed on the field, whenever it would seem like the odds were against the team.
Ray would make sure to turn it all on its head and whenever the team is close to victory, he'll make sure to keep that same energy going until the last whistle.

And right now, it looks like 'Caption Ray' is coming back to life again from how he's calling most of the guys by their last names instead of their first names like he's their coach.
Looking between the guys and me before asking me, "When was the last time you've played a game, Jenna?"

Shrugging my shoulders while blowing a raspberry thinking about it, "Since the first weekend of being on campus."

Nodding his head slowly while a curious look grew on his face, "And you're still haven't found any team outside of campus that you could play for yet."

Shaking my head while exhaling deeply, "By the looks of things, I don't think I'm ever gonna be playing soccer for the rest of the year."

I've started looking for girls' soccer teams outside of KAU for some time now and has gotten nowhere. Most of them I had to register for like right at the beginning of the year.
While the rest needed me to pay them for every game I play with them along paying for the team shirt that will have my name on the back of it. Which would be giving more than fifty bucks for all of those things.

I've never been able to talk about finding a team outside of campus with my friends, because it might seem like I'm complaining to them again or something.
I can't even talk to David about this, for two valuable reasons, one, he might either call me 'girly' or whatever stupid names that come to mind and don't see the point to it. And two, he might, just might try help me get into some of the teams that works with money which I don't want from him.

Besides if Stephanie finds out about it, she'll start some stupid rumour on my family being poor or needing finical help from others.
Which I will not let happen or Amber Roerich would write stupid juicy story for KAU newspaper, heading,

'KAU's amazing Queen of Battles, Jennifer Hawkins gets finical support from dreamboat and bad boy David McLellan'.

Yeah, big negative on both case scenarios.
Unlike those things, Raymond is very different, he's my number one, closest and loyal friend that I ever have had. He's the one person who I can talk about anything that could be bothering me without being judged or criticize in anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love my campus friends to bits, but there's no one else who could ever be compared to him ever. Then out of nowhere, Raymond called out, "Chamizo and Tilman, sit this one game out for me and Jenna." Wait, what?

Before I could even say anything, Ray was already pulling me in the middle of their made up 'field', setting us up as strikers.
Pointing forward where his old team's goalkeeper was standing between the goal post that they've made with their sweatshirts with a big, cheeky smile, "We score over there. One game for old times' sake."

Well since all of my friends back at campus are busy with assessments and essays while mine were already handed in, one game wouldn't hurt anybody. Before saying anything back to him, the two guys who's Ray's old team's midfielders were speeding towards us with the ball.

One of them tried passing the ball over to the one on the right which I read well enough to head it down and starting dribbling towards the goal.

With Ray and the other guys on our team following behind, we got pass the defend and scored with help from my partner in crime.
Ray and I have been playing soccer together since we were kids, most of the tactics and game plans that we use with each other's teams are hours and hours of practising and playing together for years.

Between seven and nine years old we use to play on a girls and boys soccer team where we played together and have become an unstoppable force over the years. Even when we started high school, we would always find time to play together.

For at least a quarter of an hour, I was having the best time of my life, having the adrenaline pump through my veins, scoring and assisting goals for Ray and Jodi as well as helping Coghill and O'Neal with defending our post.
Feeling like a kid again who loves playing soccer as much as she loves dancing. I could practically feel the old me coming back from going into hibernation from not being able to play this beautiful game.

Although I would play a little of soccer with Lola, Camberlie, Logan, Tim, Jimmy and Chris every now and then. It doesn't always last longer than at least thirty minutes since we would have to be on time for our lectures.

Sometimes playing with them feels more like I'm polishing and sharpening up my skills and foot work while other times it's just enough to keep me from falling off the wagon.

By nine thirty five, Ray was walking me to my car with his arm around my shoulders both of us covered in sweats, "So, how did that feel, huh?" Ray asked, already knowing exactly how I was feeling about the two short games we've just played today.

Having to play those two short games, winning both with my best friend as my partner, the answer was simple, "Hands down, this is the best Saturday that I've had in a really long time."

"Glad you feel that way, Jenna." He said ruffing some of my hair which I pushed his hand off my head before running my fingers through to smooth it all out. "Because next weekend, you'll be playing with us again. Same time, same place."

Leaning against the side of my car with a raised eyebrow, "You do know that we're both in university now, which means we both might be too busy to play like we use to every weekend back when we were still in high school."

As much as I would like to play every single Saturday with Ray and some of his old teammates, I'm busy working at the bookstore, practising for an unwanted Pageant or completing assessments and essays.

Ray waved a hand like what I've said isn't too big of a deal at all, "No worries, Jenna, we got smartphones for a reason. We'll just text each other whenever we're unable to make it and try again on another Saturday or during the week if we're lucky." Well, that could 'mostly' work.

And just to make sure that he wins this one, he pouted his lips, making his puppy face which up till this day he has manage to use as a weapon and still somehow has an effect on me.

Biting my lips to keep myself from falling for it, but knowing that I have already lost by staring at him a five seconds, exhaling out before groaning out of defeat, "Alright, Saturday, same time, same place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David's POV

Left, pass it to the guy with a bad haircut, back to my cousin, 1,2. Go for the corners, YES!! I was clapping my hands for Ariel's goal with Uncle Richie sitting next to me on the bench that on the opposite side of the field under the pine tree.

We've been sitting here, watching her and my cousin playing together since five to eight this morning and she still hasn't seen us yet which is a very good thing.

I've been jogging at this park since last two weekends after finding out that Starfire and that Brit mutt are having pups. Because running and doing my workout on campus has become impossible with that annoying Teresa keeps popping up.

Always wanna jog with me, wanna flirt with and throw herself on me which cuts into my workout and that was something that I'm not having at all.

Every time she does that, the more I regret for ever sleeping with that girl. I was really an idiot back then, doing stupid things without thinking. Not thinking about the consequences of my actions, others feelings. Just as long as I got something out of it.

But what did I really get out of having a one night stand with Teresa? Besides sleeping with her and making Stephanie jealous. What was the real purpose? The actual goal? Why did I even do it?

After getting fed up with dealing with her stubbornness and irritation, I started coming to this park. Far away from campus where I could properly workout and focus on my game.

That's when I saw Ariel playing here with my cousin who she must know from high school or something, I thought that she only plays with Logan, Camberlie, Chris, Lola and the other two guys on campus before their lectures start.

I've notice that she would always have her soccer ball with her almost every single day, keeping her foot work and skills sharp and on point which shows in the small game she's playing right now.
She, my cousin and the other guys would play in the morning from seven thirty till nine forty, then she has to go to the bookstore, they've been doing this for like two weekends now.

I brought Uncle Richie here today to show him how hugely Ariel has improved since the last time she had played on our field since he's too busy on campus to watch her then.

From the way he was nodding his head and being on the edge of his seat like me is a very good sign, "She's gotten better."

"I'm telling you, Uncle, Ariel's just what the team needs." I confirmed him with confidence, during most of the team's training, Uncle Richie, Ryan and I have been feeling that some of the newcomers aren't on the same level of that the first team are on.

Although the only players who are on the same level as first team are Logan, Chris, Timmy, Jimmy and Riley Santiago who will being playing with us for the first game of the season.

We're not planning on letting them go or anything bad, we're just keeping them on the second team until we see an improvement in their performance. "Ariel has the speed and tactics that first team has and the one that she has which I haven't seen from the newcomers and some of the mates in first team is that crazy imagination and fearlessness.
She's willing to take risk that only big shots in natural and international players would take in their games."

Nodding his head while watching Ariel and the others play, "Yes, she has developed even more from the last time we've seen her play."

Uncle Richie has been taking down some notes on his phone while watching Ariel, by the looks of things, they've very good things about her and the way she plays. "But I don't think that we should let her join the boys' team." Huh?

"But Uncle, look at how she's playing." I exclaimed, pointing her out as she assist my cousin again with another brilliant goal. With the way that Ariel can play, our team would be winning the Goldenball Cup.

This season for the Kickball tournament would be a season that would blow the others before out of the water. "She'll give that edge and wow factor that our team needs right now, she's gonna be the reason we'll win the Goldenball Cup again after being so close and so short from winning it for the last five years now."

That's right, KAU Knights haven't won the Kickball tournament since 2013, the same year that Uncle Richard graduated by KAU and became second Coach of the team.
He knows what it means to win that trophy, what it feels like to win it, it has that same feeling when Man United won the Premier League two years before that one.

"Maybe she could, but David, I don't think it would be a good idea to bring a girl into a team that's filled with boys." Uncle Richard said while Ariel and one of the guys on her team keeping the other guy who had a T-shirt that had a stupid quote on it away from scoring at their post.

She has been playing so amazing right now, she has been playing even better than she had played the day that was the team's trial. I don't really see the real big deal with her joining our team for real this time.

"Come on, Uncle Richie. Who's actually going to care if Ariel's a girl, besides they'll be more focus on her game than her gender." I said almost too quickly when Ariel won the ball back and shot it across the field from where she stood right to the guy who I think is O'Neal? He was like right close to the keeper, Scott, I think?

Her long kicks has gotten even better than before, it was amazing how O'Neal caught it and was able to use it in an assist, she has also gotten a lot faster than before too as Ariel raced to meet him.

Nodding in agreement with me again, but Uncle Richie wasn't fully convinced yet, "Maybe they won't, but they will be focusing on her a lot. Jennifer will become a target on the team for every single game that we would be playing in from the start of next weekend till the end of the tournament.

I've played with some of those teams who's taking part in this tournament before, they know how to play rough and dirty whenever they feel like they're losing or just want to get rid of a threat to them.
And believe me, if I could turn the time around, I would have let her join the team if I haven't known these teams and coaches as well as I do."

We both would have. I know that things would have been very different than it is right now, then we wouldn't have been here today.
If Uncle Richie and I have put Ariel on the team, she would have, no, she was the first name we both wanted to call forward first on that day.

Me, Uncle Richie and Ryan were the ones who handpicked the newcomers, it was never just his decision on who should or shouldn't be allowed to join. Ryan was enjoyed Ariel's performance as much as Uncle Richie and I were, even though we all knew that not only would it be the first time.

A girl being allowed to try out in the team's trial. But it would also have been the first time that a girl would have actually join the team.

And on top of it all, we knew of the risks that came along with if she was chosen, which is everything that Uncle Richard has just mention.
I know that we are all cool, but I still felt like I need to make up for how much of a jerk I was towards her.

I mean, I made her cry for having Ashleigh irritating me to get into a relationship with her.
I was the one who messed up her date before making Raelynn flit text that horny dog, Dante before having sex with him in the ladies' room.

I hurt her in a way that made me hate myself every hour of ever day.
And doing this, giving Ariel something that she wanted since she came to KAU more than anyone else. To join our team and play soccer. I owe her that much, maybe even more.

Not wanting to turn away from watching Ariel make the game of soccer even more beautiful, but I had to, "Uncle Richard, I know the risks that's gonna come if Ariel joins the team. I know that she's gonna has a big target on her back, every single player from every team in this tournament is going to do everything that they can to hurt her either physically, mentally or emotionally, but none of those things are going to take her down easily.

Ok, she may look like a small, shy girl who cries easily, but Uncle, she practically everything like the big four.

She's fearless like Hillary, her mind is nearly as close as Richardson's mind would work from tactics and game plans, her footwork and speed matches Anderson's flawlessly that it's crazy."

The next and last part that I was about to say was breaking me apart all over, because it's something that I never thought I would ever see on the field ever again, "And above all, she. . . Uncle, she has Skipper's heart.
The heart that beats to play a game wither it's sunny or rainy, on a good or bad day, with or without her troubles and pain pushing her.

That same heart that put everything on the line to be on that field again is what Ariel's heart is made of.
And that's something that we both haven't seen on the field or in our team since Skipper, Uncle Richard."

Even saying his name, remembering him still cause me and Uncle Richie to breathe tremulously.
As our throats becomes think and our hearts start beating a bit slower. In mourning of not only losing a great Knight player, but also a great KAU student.

Uncle Richard look up to watch Ariel again with that same emotion upon him along with that sadness shining through his eyes.
I knew he can see all of those things through her as much as I do.

He sees them even now with a small, sad smile, "When I first watched her play, when I let her switch places in the goalpost to score that final goal.
I swear I thought that I was watching a ghost playing on our field. That made my heart feel a little bit good than before."

I heard Ariel scream in joy before I saw her sliding across the grass, then do a dab as celebration which I kinda had a feeling that she would do some small dance move in her own whenever she scores.

It brought a small smile out of me and I'm sure it did the same for Uncle Richard, because we both know that Skipper loved sliding on the grass in celebration for every goal he has ever scored before with the dab, of course.

Sighing deeply before turning to me, "She'll start training with the boys after our first game."

I whiplash my head towards Uncle Richie so fast that it almost felt like it would have snapped off from top of my shoulders.
I didn't believe it, for a moment, I had to replay what I've heard that Uncle Richie have said just to make sure that I heard him right.

A small smile was growing bigger and brighter than before as Uncle Richie said, "We'll tell her the big news before our first game, after that, we'll let her train and play the next game with the boys."

I couldn't believe that I got it right, I got Uncle Richard to agree to let Ariel join the team after denying her the chance in the first place.
I was about to say something, thank him for giving this a chance before Uncle Richard stopped me with a serious look when he said,

"But when she's on our team, you and Ryan have to make sure that she's taken care for. Whatever happens on or off that field, you two must make sure that you have that girl's back no matter what, because she's gonna need a support system that's not gonna let her down at all.
She'll soon become more than just your friend, she'll become your teammate."

Uncle Richard knows that Ariel and I have become friends ever since she came to KAU along with Ryan.
He knows that I hung out with her and her friends more often that I use to hung out with Charlotte and Ryan since my first year.

And I have learnt what it means to have friends on your team, so what Uncle Richard has said to me. I was taking it to heart when I vowed to him, "I won't let anything happen to her."

Turning back to watch Ariel pick up her duffle bag, walking to her car after greeting the guys and my cousin, I said mostly to myself than to Uncle Richard, "I will look after her."

Between roughly six and seven hours later, I'm watching the most amazing person doing something so simple as putting books on the shelf, I just couldn't stop watching her.
She may have taken a shower like hours ago, but she still smells incredible with that mixed berries and fresh apple scent that I'm obese with.

After putting the last two books on the shelf, Ariel turn towards me with annoyance written over her face, "You do know that you have been here since four thirty and it's now five fifty?"

Nodding my head with a goofy smile for how cute she looked right now, "I know, but it's fun seeing you heated up like this."

Once Ariel had left the park, Uncle Richard and I played a bit of soccer with my cousin before heading back to campus.
After finishing up some essays of mine and handed them in, I decided to play Ariel a proper visit.

Instead of being kinda creepy watching her play soccer without her knowing, so I wanted to make it right, you know.

Rolling her eyes before throwing the empty box that the books came out of in the ban, Mr Oliver started clapping his hands to get the attention of the last few people in the store,
"Alright folks, I don't want to rush any of you's, but please know that we'll be closing in the next five minutes. So, make sure that you have all of your belongs with you and don't forget to pay for the books that you'll be buying, thank you."

"You hear that, Dave." Nudging me with her elbow with that remarkable smile of hers, blue eyes shining brighter which always cause me to feel like my legs would give up on me. "The store's about to close. So, I guess this is bye-bye."

Shrugging my shoulders with a smirk that might make her legs feel as weak as mine, "What if I don't want to leave?"

"Then you'll be chased out of the store by force." Man, I love it when she comes up with something to say.

Ariel turn on her heel walking away in the most gorgeous way ever, having sassy and confident oozing off from her. The tips of her amazing hair lightly whipping past my face aa she turn her back on me.

She started cleaning up after where most of the people forgot to take their takeaway cups, muffins cups or put books back on their place after being read.

Watching Ariel work was somehow fascinating, the way she would whip under the takeaway cups and muffin crabs, then throw them in the trash. The way she explains to some readers on the books that they are interested in or advise them to try one or three authors she enjoys reading from.

Always thanking the customers before wishing them to enjoy their day or evening. If it was possible, I could watch her working in this store for hours. Are you sure that you're not whipped right now?

"Alright, that was the last customer." Gianna said after cashing the money in her hand, Ariel was whipping the counter nodding her head.

Getting a soft nudge with her hip against Ariel's, "And since the store closes now, this girl over here has enough to get ready for tonight."

"So, I'm guessing that Tuesday cutie is gonna become a regular face after tonight?" Ariel wriggles her eyebrows which causes Gianna to blush a little bit.

I heard a little bit from their conversation earlier, turns out that the 'Tuesday cutie' is some guy who always comes to the bookstore on a Tuesday. Talking only to Gianna while lowkey flitting with her.
Manage to score herself a date and Ariel thought that it was cute.

Shrugging her shoulders with a shy smile at what Ariel was suggesting, "If tonight goes well, then maybe he will be the one for me."

"Unless you scare him away." Nolan said in a low voice, but made sure that both girls heard him.
Gianna was about to throw a plastic ball that she find at the kid's books until he grabbed cover behind Ariel.

Mr Oliver smiled at them all before saying to Gianna, "I'm sure that tonight will go well, Gianna, just remember to be yourself and try to enjoy yourself."

"Thank you, Mr Oliver." Gianna said, grabbing her bag, heading towards the door before giving Mr Oliver a kiss on his cheek after greeting Ariel warmly with a hug, then curse Nolan.

Who return the favour by showing her a middle finger as Gianna exist through the door before turning to Ariel, "So, Jenna, got any plans for tonight? Any cute guys who I can steal from you?"

Ariel laugh at the comment which was playful from the way she softly she pushes Nolan, "The only cute guy that you'll ever steal from me is my ex-boyfriend, Nolan. And my plans for tonight is eat, movie and sleep."

Giving Ariel a dry expression before rolling his eyes at her, "That's like something that a woman in her thirties would do with her cat or something.
I hear a new club is opening tonight Downtown, wanna come with me."

Shaking her head with a small smile, "Sounds like fun, but the last time I went to a opening of a club, I had a terrible experience." What terrible experience?

Almost like Nolan read my mind, he asked almost too curiously, "Why? What happened? Did one of the people tried to rape you?"

That last part cause my blood burn in anger with the thought that anyone would turn something that could be a great experience for Ariel, if she had ever been assaulted, I will find them and break not only their fingers, but their necks also.
And it wouldn't just be for Ariel, but for any girl who I'm close with like Charlotte and Valeria.
Even Ariel's girlfriends, I will make sure that those pigs know how to treat a girl right. No excuses.

Luckily Ariel shook her head, "No, not that. My brother, Johnny and his girlfriend, Angela took me to the opening of Moonliv club last year for her birthday, she was the one who got me a fake ID without my brother knowing about it. Being inside for at least an hour, I was enjoying myself a little bit until this one drunk guy got a bit too touchy with me.

Which led him getting a broken nose and a chipped front tooth, yet the guy's friends said that I was the one who was sending him the wrong signals. Before I got home, my phone wasn't in my pocket anymore where it should have been.
So, ever since that night, I never step inside a new club's opening night again." I like to chip more of that guy's front tooth right now.

Staying quiet and keeping sure to hide my anger while Nolan squeeze Ariel's shoulder, "What a pig, you must have been pissed."

Shrugging her shoulders with a brighter smile, "I was until I got home and wirelessly reported to the police about it and the Saturday night, that pig and his friends got arrested in front of the club.
Turns out that I wasn't the only girl who those guys would rob like that, they've been stealing from nearly half of the people of every new club that's open up."

"Sorry that you had to experience something that terrible, Ariel." I said, trying to keep my anger under control while squeezing her hand in comfort.
Seeing that beautiful smile from her abruptly quiet that rage inside of me while undoing me in ways that I never thought would even be possible.

After a few more minutes of cleaning up with a little help from me, we finally were able to walk out of the store.
I was walking towards my bike while Ariel was walking the opposite side, "Umm..... Ariel, my bike is right here."

Looking at my bike and then at me, "I see, enjoy your ride back to campus." Nah, she ain't serious.

Shaking my head while walking towards her, gently taking her hand, "Come on, we're going out tonight."

I was surprise that she let me pull her to my bike, but she didn't climb on the back after me, "Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise." I answered which got a raised eyebrow in return, it's amazing how flawless they were. I'm sure that she never had to pluck her eyebrows in her whole life. "And don't worry, the place that we'll be going had really great food, the best in Los Angeles."

Knowing Ariel, she must be hungry from working for so long and since I was with her for most of the day, I'm sure that the last time that she has eaten was like two o'clock or something.

Nodding her head slowly, placing her hands on top of her hips which surprisingly felt like the softest spots on her body from the last time I kept her in the air, "What's the occasion?"

Shrugging my shoulders with a smirk on my face, "Just two friends going out, grab something to eat since they both have had a very busy and long day."

"Teasing and distracting me for hours while working are not a busy or long day, David." Ariel said with a dry tone while looking a little bit irritated thinking about it. Causing her to become even more adorable than ever.

"It is, in my book." I fired back which earn me an eye roll from her. Beautiful eyes rolling at me, it's really amazing and rare that a girl like her has them, but then again, she is a very rare girl in her own right. Rare, unique, extraordinary, fearless, humble, beautiful, different - am I still talking?

Blinking my thoughts back into reality before saying, "We never really hung out as often as we would when we're with your friends, Ryan and Charlie."

Slightly titling her head to side with a small smile while her eyes were filled with confusion, "David, three weeks ago, you helped me get my car as well as bought me food also."

"All true, but that was very different." I lightly argued with her. I must have sounded like a child to her from how her smile became a bit wider, "What about the time when you came to my room to apologize and before I told everyone everything about me, you calmed me down when I had that panic attack.
Or the time when you ask me to being Dylan's dance partner or the time when we agreed to the dance battle before you asked me about my name and telling me how great I was on the team's trial out."

"I know, but those were short moments of being completely alone with you." I admitted which cause her smile to drop a little bit. And my face was burning up for admitting something like that to her, normally I don't admit anything to any girl that I've been with before. But Ariel isn't any other girl that you've been with before.

Sighing shortly and deeply before saying further, "Look, Ariel, I just want to spend some hours with you without your roommate Peyton talking to you.
Without Charlie taking you and the girls out or you playing soccer with some of the guys from my team with Lola and Camberlie before lectures.
I just want to spend a night with you, to get to know you better. You know what I mean?"

After admitting to her how much I want to spend some time with her made me feel a little bit naked in a way that wasn't comfortable for me at all. It was like I'd climbed out of my shell to let her see a small desire of mine that I didn't want her to know of for a long time now.

Nodding her head again, not saying anything as those blue eyes of hers stare into my heart while letting me stare right back to hers.

"Come and go out with me as a friend for one night without any teasing or funny business, cross my heart." I place my hand on top of my chest where I could feel my heartbeat increasing as I waited for her answer. Hoping that I get a 'yes' and not be asked to take her back to campus.

What felt like an hour was only a minute, she finally took the Australian helmet that I got from Peyton before she left with Ryan to play 'paint tag' or something that has do with paint. "I'm paying half of the bill and you have to take me out for ice cream later."

Chuckling at her conditions before putting my helmet on, "I can do that."

The place that I took Ariel to is one of the most favoured placed that my family and I have been going to eat whenever we want to go out for a family night since we moved here. And it only took us like an hour and a half to get there, climbing off the bike. Ariel stared up at the glowing sign reading, "Rickie's Dine?"

"Yip." I popped the 'p' before I stood beside her, staring at this place bring really great memories. The first time that we ever ate here, I was seven and eight years old.

Dad was having some off days from work, so he got all of us in the car and took us to Rickie's Dine. And ever since that day, every time Dad's off, we come here for family dinner. "You're looking at the McLellan's favourite Dine in the whole Los Angeles."

Walking through the doors of this great place still feels like it's the first time that I enter it. Seeing a modern and classic styled dine that has been serving people the best and incredible food since 1998.
The people here are filled with character and are humbler than most people outside of this place, kindness practically breathe through these walls and no matter what day it is, good or bad, you can always get into a good mood here.

The kindest and most humble person who I have ever met in my life is the owner of this place. Still waitering customers like he had done the first time my family and I step into the dine. He had become the owner around my fourteenth birthday and have been doing a great job ever since.

However his night black hair has gotten grey, his face has aged with wrinkles, but that smile of his has never last its touch, "DAVID!!"

"Mr Bennie!!" Benjamin Ricky Jarabe III aka Mr Bennie is the great grandson of Galotti Jarabe who opened the dine after serving the army. He's what people call a 'spicy white' man, being Italian and French, but since his family moved here years before the dine's time.
They have grown use to the American BQQ culture and have added a little bit of their culture into the mix. And a good mix it had made, if I can say so myself.

Sharing a brotherly hug with the first man who had warmly welcomed me and my family to the dine along with his family, "It's so great to see a familiar face, how's your family?"

Nodding with a warm smile for a man who's heart is as big as the dine's legacy, "They're doing very well, thanks. And yours, Mr Bennie?"

"Ah, the twins are doing well at school, my elder son Devon will start working at the Los Angeles Early Bird newspaper company next Monday." The pride and joy that was coming off from Mr Bennie is something that parents have whenever they talk about their children.
It's one of the many things that we young people practically live for, always wanting to make our parents and family proud in everything that we do and if we ever disappoint them, it leaves a chip on our shoulders.

"That's great news, Mr Bennie. I'm sure that Devon is gonna make a fantastic journalist one day." The scent of mixed berries and apple remind me that I haven't came to the dine alone or with my family.

Ariel was still taking every single detail of this place in just like Valeria had done when we came here on her fifth birthday, really taking as much as her eyes could take in. Taking her hand, gently tagging her to my side to introduce her, "Mr Bennie, this is my friend A-"

"Jennifer Hawkins, Mr Benjamin." Ariel cut me off so quickly that I almost thought that she bit her tongue by the end.
Shaking his hand with a smile, sending me quick narrowed eyes for my pet name before complimenting the place, "Your dine is so beautiful, Sir."

A gentle, surprise chuckle came from Mr Bennie while I clumped down on my lips from letting out a laugh, "I haven't heard anyone your age address me as 'Sir' before. But please, feel free to call me 'Mr Bennie', Jennifer."

Playfully nudging Ariel's shoulder with mine, "Ariel here is pretty much old school, Mr Bennie."

Rolling her eyes at me for using my favourite name to call her by, "When are you ever going to stop calling me by that name? Must a girl keep on reminding you of her actual name, because your concentration span is the same as a goldfish?"

I scoffed at her comment, smirking at her fierceness, "You can remind me it every time, I'll still call you Ariel."

"Bet you kept forgetting Stephanie's name too that cause you to call it quits?" It's so enticing how she can always think of this stimulating comebacks like she has them map out for her. They would always seem to surprise me every time.

The comeback is very new with that small smile of hers and it has brought amazement to Mr Bennie's face as much as it have done to my heart, "I already like her, she's nothing like the last one you brought here."

That day was a very bad mistake on my part, Stephanie wanted me to take her to a new place to have our date, since all the other places that we've eaten before they became too 'plain' for her liking.
So, when we came here, nearly for every single thing on the menu has either had too much 'carbs' for her to eat or their Greek salad isn't the same as the restaurant from Downtown.

I had to give Mr Bennie's nephew extra cash to feel good about himself before personally apologise for Stephanie's behaviour. So glad that I no longer with that spoiled Bogger.

Getting a table close in the middle of the dine near the wall filled with family pictures, newspapers from ages with the top rememberable headings along with small, fun and meaningful quotes. Having a great view towards the kitchen window and the small and modern Juicebox that was playing a mid 2000 pop song.

Hearing the specials which all sound great, Ariel seemed to like them all before deciding on what she would be having, "Can I have the 'California burger' special with a cherry bomb mocktail, please Mr Bennie."

"And I assume that we'll be having the regular order, David?" Mr Bennie was already writing down my order without needing me to tell him, that's how much I have been coming to this dine and I'll never stop eating at this place. That would be like making a crime.

Smiling happily while nodding in agreement, "You know your customers very well, Mr Bennie."

"It's part of the job, kid." With that being said, Mr Bennie went to get our orders ready while taking our menu cards with him.
Leaving me with Ariel who was staring at me with knitted eyebrows along with a curious smile, "What's the 'regular order'?"

"The famous Rickie's rub burger with crispy onion rings and to wash it all down with a tall glass of mixed berries lemonade." Even saying that order out loud still makes my stomach rumble which it literally did, causing Ariel to laugh herself nearly into tears.

Crikey hell, this girl's laugh is taking me places that no other girls' laughs has done before including Stephanie's. Whenever I hear it, I rapidly become happy and start thinking of jokes to tell her just for that laugh, even the crazy demon tigress laugh that always makes my stomach turn into jelly.

"Looks like someone's hungrier than me. And that's a first." She compliment playfully which I return an eye roll before falling into a short comfortable silence. Looking around a little bit more before asking, "Who's the dine named after?" That's an interesting question.

"It's named after Rickie Carrington." I answered flawlessly since I was the only one in my family who asked that exact question when we came here for the first time. Nodding her head slowly, there must be thoughts running around her mind by how her eyes turned slightly darker.

But it's not that dark ocean blue when we were having that argument in the boys' bathroom, Ariel must have been really pissed off at me to notices where we were going.

Before she could ask the question which I have a feeling of what it was, "Mr Bennie's great grandfather was part of the army in the 1990's along with his closest friend, Rickie. By mid-October 1998, they were ambushed right when they were coming back home, half of the men in their troop got killed by the grenade, the others had to be rushed to the hospital.
While covering most of the men, Rickie took a bullet to the chest to save Mr Bennie's grandfather, he tried keeping him alive, but by the time they reached the hospital, Rickie was already dead."

It's amazing how her blue eyes changed its shade of blue like that, from being this shade of Sapphire to Cobalt. Which is the same shade that I have seen them turn into whenever she's sad.
When I've told Stephanie this story, she couldn't understand why Rickie would make such a sacrifice or why Mr Bennie's grandfather had to name the dine after him. Along with his second son who passed it to his grandson who also passed it to his fourth great grandson.

Yet after I told Ariel the story, I could practically feel her heart cry for the sacrifice. She was feeling the pain of the great reminder of what Rickie has done for his closet friend.

Blinking her eyes with her breath caught in her throat, "That's awful." Barely a whisper, the sympathy was think in her voice and body langue shows it in waves.

Giving her some time to gather herself, letting out a deep breath before saying with a sad smile, "Opening a dine in Rickie's honour for what he has done for Mr Bennie's grandfather is the greatest way of saying 'thank you'."

That must have been the most beautiful thing that I could have ever heard anyone else say after hearing the origin of this done. That's when Mr Bennie came with our drinks saying cheerfully, "One mixed berries lemonade and a cherry bomb mocktail. Your orders will be ready in the next twelve minutes."

Returning the smile while thanking Mr Bennie, I watch Ariel stirring her stroll a little bit before taking a slip of the hot red drink with ice. One slip caused her eyes to brighten and a mmm purr from the back of her throat.
Which brought this warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach to see her no longer sad, gently pushing my dark purple and pink drink towards her, "Taste mine and I'll taste yours."

Nodding her head, placing the glass in front of me before eagerly drinking through my stroll and the moan that came out from her cause my throat to dry up, "Why must they both taste so damn good?" Bet you taste better.

Shrugging while keeping that small comment to myself after tasting her sweet and fruity drink which does taste amazing, "Maybe because we're at the best dine in town."

Stealing three more slips from my lemonade before handing it back to me, quickly drinking her mocktail after retrieving from me, having a big smile with curious eyes shining towards me, "So, question, how do you know about this place?"

"My Dad found this place first." I started the story off, the memory of it replaying and glowing inside of my head as I talk, "One of his co-workers recommended it to him, so on his off day, he just told everyone to get inside the car, drove us here and we just fell in love with the place. So, whenever Dad is at home for a couple of days, we would come here as a family and just having a great time here."

Dad's known to be the 'fun parent' in our family, although he and Mom are at the same level in that case, even together they're like an epic team. They can always find the most fun thing to do or fun place to take us as a family, creating a lot of memories that we could laugh at for hours at a time.

There was this glow in Ariel's eyes as I was talking about the dine, her smile is bigger and brighter than before, but I caught on a slight curious shine from her, "This is gonna be a cliché question that every single adult would ask every person who's in school and university, but I'm gonna spilt the question in half and twist it around."

I couldn't help the small laugh that escaped my mouth, but nodded my head, "Alright."

There's some nervous coming from her, she might be wanting to ask me about something for a long time, but didn't know how to address it?

By the way she bites her bottom lip which cause me to swallow tightly, but I kept all of that hidden from her as she started speaking, "You're known to be the best player on the Knights' team and have a lot of natural and international scouts who watches you play from what I've heard of. How many of them have asked you to join their team?"

Wow, this girl is really brave. Normally I don't like talking to anyone about the scouts, other than Ryan and Uncle Richie. Whenever people on campus ask about it, I would shut them down always and make sure that they won't ask again.

My anger would get out of control, I become easily irritated by the question, because everyone wants a piece of it. They suddenly wants hung out with me, wants to be involved in what comes. When I leave KAU to play for any team that has the best interests for me.

But when Ariel asked me, I don't get any of those things, no anger becoming unbearable or easily annoyed. For the first time, I'm completely calm hearing this question.
I could see that she's not asking to see how she can wiggle her way into it, so that if things goes extremely well, she will have a part of it all.

None of those red flags are raising up which I knew that none of them would never raise around her, "Least ten scouts. Six of them are from international teams, three are from national teams in the USA and there's only one scout that's from Australia."

Nodding her head in understanding, pulling in her lip deeper into her mouth. Letting it slowly out which cause me to accidently bit my tongue, "But you haven't decided on any of them that you want to join. Why haven't you?"

That question is very different to others, they usually would tell me which teams I should join. Most of the people on campus who ask about the scouts would always tell me to go for teams in USA or international teams. Whereas for the Australian team is seem too 'far' or 'unpopular' choice which annoys me beyond everything else.

But never has any one of them ever asked me why I haven't mind and I never expected them to.
Having Ariel ask me this type of question is quite refreshing, it's. . . really pleasant.

Drinking some of my lemonade to clear my throat before saying, "All of the teams that wants me to join are all great, they're well known and have a very good reputation."

"But?" She sounded a little bit unsure to ask, but that same curiosity was shining through her eyes. Before I could answer the question, Mr Bennie came back with our food and they looked amazing on the plates that they sit on.

Smiling as we thanked him before he walked away, waiting to watch Ariel take the first bite in her burger and it's a very interesting sight to see.
The way her eyes widen and shines brighter while this moan of pleasure somehow was making me feel a little bit jealous that a dish was causing Ariel react like this.

I've seen guys all over campus try hitting on her with catch lines that are great to get a girl, but they don't make this girl groan or smile like her burger does.
After swallowing another three big bites out of the burger, drinking some of her drink to wash them down, "This burger is so good. Your Dad picked the best dine ever."

Laughing at the comment while nodding in agreement with her, "It is."

We both fell into silence while enjoying our food together. Every now and then I would look up to watch her eat, the way she lick her lips from the BQQ sauce from the burger taking small slips of her mocktail. Tapping her hand, reaching my burger towards her before she could take another bite on hers.

Catching on what I wanted her to do, she place her burger back on her before leaning forward, taking a bite while closing her eyes and I suddenly hate my burger. Her eyes are closed as she chaws and enjoys the tender meat with crisp lettuces, tomato, purple onion and their home made BQQ sauce.
Licking her lips slowly opening bright blue eyes and smile, "Can I hire Rickie's chef to be my personal chef?"

Chuckling at her question, shaking my head, "Not only will the dine go out of business, but I'm also pretty sure that Harry will be heartbroken to be in a relationship with someone who's just wants him for his burgers."

Shrugging her shoulders, taking her burger, "I'm sure he'll understand."

Laughing at her acting as if she could ever be that shallow or cold, one thing of Ariel is that she doesn't take any relationship lightly. After ten more minutes of eating, we both finished eating which during the time, Ariel would steal some of my food whenever I do the same to her.

"The reason why I haven't chosen neither one of those teams that send their scouts is because, I'm stuck." I said slowly, answering Ariel's question from before. When she heard what I've said, she stopped drinking and focus entirely on me which gave me enough encouragement to share something that I've never shared with Ryan or Uncle Richard.

"On the one side, I've been in these multiples of crossroads where ten teams are split in two and I'm struggling to choice between them, because of everything that I know of their teams and how many people from many places has become big stars through them. I'm struggling with picking anyone of those teams, because if I finally choice, there's this belief.
This fear that maybe, just maybe I won't become the biggest and memorable player on either one of their teams or as my career in the team rises. It would come to a term where it falls into a very deep dip that I might never be able to get myself out.

And the other side that I struggle with the most, is having my Dad who does support me like he has done since I was just a kid, but wants me to join the army in Australia. He wants me to join next year after I graduate."

"He's forcing you?" Ariel's voice was filled with confusion and anger, her eyes were the shade of Azure again. But it wasn't for my Dad, rather than towards someone else, as if she knows what it felt like to have a relative or a close friend who might be going through the same thing as me. "How can he be supportive, but at the same time wants you to join the army, I mean, that's just unfair of him, it's unfair to you!"

"You misunderstood me, Ariel." I slowly place my hand on top of hers that's clenched in a tight fist. Somehow her hand felt even hotter than it was when I was introducing her to Mr Bennie, maybe it's because she's getting upset about what I've said. Why though? "He's not forcing me into anything."

She doesn't seem like she believed me with her eyes staying that same shade of blue, "My grandfather served the army for at least thirty years and has always wanted at least one of his children or grandchildren to join.
But when no one wanted to, my Dad promised him that one of his children will follow his footsteps one day. It's a great honour to serve our own country, Ariel."

Shaking her head, looking down at her empty plate with this look of anger and pain and I could hear those emotions from her face through her voice that threatened to break as she said, "It's not fair. Your father should never have made that promise." Why is she so angry about any of this?

I mean, I also don't agree with it and don't want to join the army, but I'm trying to keep an open mind towards it. Slowly I took her soft face in my hands, gently lifting her head up to look at me and instead of seeing the shade of Azure, I saw the shade of Cobalt shining through her eyes.

I was fascinated to see those two different shades of blue which were the shades that I didn't want to see tonight, I never thought that sharing these thing to her would cause this reaction to her.
Before I could comfort her, reassure her that I was ok with this agreement with my Dad despite my dislike to it, she blinked away that pain in her eyes while taking my hands away from her. Leaning back into her seat with a expression that I can't read, "I'm sorry, I'm acting like a real idiot right now."

Shaking my head, taking her hands again before she had a chance to take them off the table completely, "No, you're not, Ariel."

I kept looking at her, trying to understand her infuriation, why the new expression on her face is difficult for me to unknot. Normally it's too easy for me to unwrap all of her expressions unlike tonight, I'm afraid.

Staring at our hands with those same gloomy shade of blue eyes, sighing deeply as she said, "Do you remember when you gave me a ride back to campus after the first night of the Pageant?"

Nodding my head slowly, would have answered her properly, because she was still looking at our joined hands when she said, "After you calmed me down when I was having that moment of panic, I told you that I wanted to get myself out of it, that I never wanted to be in the Pageant. Do you remember that?"

"Yeah, I remember." The memory of that night is so fresh in my brain that it always feel like it happened just yesterday whenever it lightly pass by. Her shaking in the passenger's seat of Derick's car, her breathing being rigid and tight, her forehead covered in sweat while her eyes had this deep pain screaming through them.
It was worse than when she had that small panic attack in Rockstar before she opened up to everyone about herself and her past friendships.

"Between five and six years old, I joined the Pageant only because, my Aunt Gabriella thought that she could get me to like it as much as she does. But she's obsess with the whole thing, with winning and would do everything to win which was one of the many things why I truly hate the entire thing itself." Ariel started speaking in a voice that's almost not hers. It's not filled in cheerfulness, confidence or filled with life, it sounds like it's filled with brokenness and this deep sense of pain that I never thought could come from someone like her. And I didn't like it at all.

"My Mom was always with me for the first two of Pageants where she would shield me from my Aunt's anger when I came third place. There was one time that she wasn't with, because she had an early class with the underage dancers at her studio, I came fourth place that day.
I had to face my Aunt's wrath alone without my shield to protect me from being called as 'useless', 'talentless', 'stupid' girl which were things that Aunt Gabriella would never use in front of my Mom. Unless she wants to get into a brutal argument with her younger sister.
After having her scream every insult into my face, I ran straight to my Mom's studio before I fell into her arms and cried my heart out for hours. When we got home, my Mom put me to sleep and later that night, I woke up hearing her angrily telling her elder sister off."

Now I understand why Ariel doesn't see eye to eye with her Aunt. I now understand the tension between the two of them when she was practicing that dance for the next night of the Pageant which I helped with her foot work. Her Aunt had no right to insult Ariel like that, just because she didn't win second or first place, she was only a child at the time. Children at that age doesn't understand what it means to win until they get older.

"At the very last Pageant that I entered was the one where I won first place for the first and last time, because that night would be the very last time. That I would ever enter that judgemental circus that my Aunt loves more than herself." Ariel said with a lighter tone of voice as she relives that moment which I'm sure was a memory that may only be the happiest one of pageanting.

Slowly I caress circles on the back of her hands, happy to hear that there's a happy ending to this, "The only reason why I'm taking part of this Pageant this year is because, my Mom for some reason wants me to learn something important about myself that I could only learn from there. Which I'm struggling of having an open mind to all of it."

My eyebrows knitted themselves together, not really understanding what I've just heard now, "Why would your Mom want you to learn something important about yourself through the Pageant?
I mean, she saw how your Aunt treated you, why would she let you go through all of that again without her around to protect you?"

A small, almost pitiful smile was on her face which was more for herself than for anyone else, "If I knew the answer, I would easily have told you."

Taking a deep breath while her face grew brighter and braver than it has been when she was telling me this story. I'm sure it must have taken a lot of courage since she doesn't want anyone else to know about the Pageant. "But luckily for me, Aunt Gabriella and I came to an agreement where I will make the calls of everything I do in that stupid, judgemental circus that she calls a 'passion'. And if she disagree or insult them in anyway, then I'll simply disqualify myself and let someone else take my place."

"And you Aunt just agreed with it?" I was surprised that she did, I mean, after hearing everything that she has put Ariel through, I would have thought that the woman would have shut the idea down and forced Ariel to join with no argument.
I also liked the way she described the Pageant; I've never heard anyone talked about it in such a way before, it's quite an interesting picture to create.

"She had no other choice." Ariel barely whispered those words and there's this hidden door to another part of this story. But she choice not to open it, for reasons that I'm not sure that I could uncover yet.

Not if I force it out of her, and that's the very last thing that I would want to do to her. "She made a promise to my Mom and is determine to fulfill that wish from her sister, even if it means that her way of doing things won't be allowed from me."

Despite how I've suddenly dislike her Aunt for being such a heartless hag towards young Ariel who was just doing her best I'm sure. I couldn't help, but be happy that the older and tougher Ariel is standing up for herself in this year's Pageant. Which shows how much she has grown since that time.

I reached over to take the side of her face again, softly lifting her face up to look at me while I caress my thumb across her soft cheek, "Just in case you're wondering, I'm still keeping my promise that I've made to you. I won't tell anyone about you being in the Pageant unless you want me to."

A genuine, happier smile blossom on her beautiful face which lighten her spirits up as well, "I know you won't, but thank you." Anything to keep you happy, Ariel. Anything.

"Anytime, Ariel." We could have stayed like this for hours without feeling discomfort, we could stay like this from dawn till nightfall, because it's just the two of us.
We're close to each other and nothing can harm us in anyway, I could really, wanted to stay like this for the rest of my life. Oh yeah, you're beyond whipped now.

That stupid voice had to break the mood for me, causing me to pull my hand back and Ariel calmly went back to finishing her drink. Once I've let go of her cheek, my hand grew instantly cold, causing me to want to touch her face or hold her hand again.
That's when Mr Bennie came back to collect our plates and glasses, splitting the bill between the two of us like we agreed on before heading back to campus on my bike.

On the way back to campus, Ariel would have her arms almost tightly around my waist which is something that happens on very rare days.
I haven't taken Ariel out on my bike recently since she has gotten herself a car now which made me almost miss having her arms and her so close to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that she has a car and doesn't have to always order an Uber whenever she wants to go wherever, but I like this more.
Driving her to wherever she needs to be is like a highlight of my week or weekend and I could never have a problem for it, why would I even?

By the time we got back to campus, instead of walking through the Dorm building, Ariel's pulling me through Building B, walking us in the direction that leads to the dance studio.
She hasn't given me much to go with as we entered the building, still hasn't yet. "Ariel, come on, why are you taking me here?"

"For something." That's like the third time that she has said that, always saying that it's 'something', never being pacific in anyway.
Normally I would be way pass being irritated hearing the same thing being said over and over again, but instead I feel excited and curious for what Ariel has in store right now.

Opening the door of the studio which will close at least in the next two hours, the lights were still on, the place was completely empty.
Ariel was taking her jean jacket off as she was walking towards the speakers where the aux cord lied.
Looking attractive in her army green onzie divine herem pants, a plain black T-shirt with dark maroon Vans. Connecting her phone with the cord, she looked up with this shy smile towards me, "I want to show you something."

Oh..... I got ya. I'm gonna get a little show from Ariel.
The idea alone makes me smile like a clown, watching Ariel dance is the greatest thing to see. But having her dance for you personally, privately, is even more great, it's gonna be the best thing that could happen to me ever. "What's the song?"

I asked for the song, so that when I get back to my dorm room later, I can listen to it and relive this gorgeous creature does a performance just for me. I can imagine how she'll move her limbs in the most mind blowing way possible. As the music plays, she'll get lost in the rhythm while I get lost in her body. Her marvellous, curvy, jaw dropping body. . .

"Nobody, from Selena Gomez." Ariel answered my question and that's when all of the thoughts that I had in my head vanished.
All the pictures of how I was about to drool over every single movement that Ariel would make was out of the window. She had a smile on her face when she asked, "You thought that you were gonna get some booty shake?"

Playing it cool to keep her from finding out the truth, shrugging my shoulders with scoff, "Nah. I have YouTube for that." (Scoff) Liar.

I got an eye roll from her which was fine for me, as long as Ariel didn't kick me out for having such thought of her. Letting me stand behind the table where she left her phone, "Press play when I'm ready."

"Sure." Nodding my head before she walked to the middle of the room, once she was settled, she gave me a thumbs up, breathing in and out before the music started playing. Dancing a contemporary piece that had a small parts of ballet in it and it was the most moving dance that I've ever set my eyes on along with the fact that I haven't seen Ariel dance in these two styles so often.

Watching Ariel get lost in this piece, in this song was the most beautiful and inspiring thing to set sight on, I've seen many dancers dance before, but this was entirely different to anything.
The way she was dancing, I could feel these waves of emotions as if she showing a part of her life that she can't share through words so well or any other way even, expect in dance.

As I kept my eyes on her, I couldn't help to feel the same too, like she was showing a part of myself that had gone through something which is just as painful as hers has been.
A part that's too damaging, too broken and dark, a part that I'm willing to keep buried as long as I am alive.

By the end of the song, I couldn't stop myself from clapping, Ariel chuckled breathlessly while walking to where I was standing, "Ariel, that was so amazing!"

There's no other words that I could use to explain how incredible it was watching her, that dance is truly a golden performance. If she have ever performed it in front of the Spotlight's judges, Sapphire would have won the whole competition instantly without a doubt.

"Thank you." She said with a small laugh while controlling her breathing. That's when I remembered that we've walked past a vending machine like five minutes ago.

If I knew that she was about to blow my mind away with a shinning performance like that, I would have gotten her a bottle of water, "Believe it or not, but you're the first and only person who has ever seen that dance that I've just done."

Crossing my eyebrows together in surprise and shock while feeling mostly honoured by this, "Really? So, you're gonna show it to Ms Ruby at your next practice?"

Shaking her head with her eyes becoming slightly serious when she said, "I'm not planning on showing anyone else this dance, you're the only one who gets to see it. Besides it's too personal."

Hearing that somehow didn't sit too well with me. I mean, Ariel has a magnificent gift that she was born with through her Mother. She doesn't only just dance, because it's fun and gives her a sense of freedom.
She dance with her body, heart and soul in a way that I have never seen anyone else danced before, even I can't dance the same way as she does.

I know how to move and all, but Ariel was made to dance, she is the greatest dancer on campus and I'm sure by now, that everyone knows that as well as I do.
I wanted to ask how much this dance means to her to keep it all to herself, but my gut told me not to. That it might be something that she's not ready to share with anyone yet.

So, instead I took her phone out of the cord before connecting it with mine, when I handed her phone over to her, "What are you doing?"

Searching for a song that's up lifting and maybe a little bit tempting in specific emotions before saying, "Just want to see how good you are when it comes to improvising."

I was still trying to find the song that popped into my mind. While I was still searching for it, Ariel walked up to me with her eyes filled with curiosity when she asked, "Why would you want to know?"

"Because I'm in a sudden mood to dance, but I need a partner for this one." I said, still going through my second playlist which I'm hoping that the song that I'm looking for would be there.
"Don't tell me that the famous Queen of Battles is getting scared? I mean, you've kicked dear old, Stephanie off of her beloved throne that she has worked very hard in maintaining it."

When I looked up, I found Ariel leaning in close until she was inches away from my face saying, "I don't get scared when it comes to dance."

Scoffing wry and playfully, liking how close her goddess face was to mine, leaning in slightly with a smirk on my face, "Are you willing to prove yourself then, Ariel?"

Rolling that name I've given her off my tongue must have spiked something from the way she return a smirk of her own back to me.
Which must have been the most attractive and enticing smile I've ever seen on her face before.

"Gladly." She answer in a tone that dipped with confidence in herself and her abilities as a dancer which looked very sexy on her.
Finally finding the song that I've been looking for; I press play before taking Ariel back to the same spot that she stood in when she danced.

As the bass guitar started playing, there was this small smile shining on her face from the mirror in front of us which in a way excite me.

Camila Cabello starts singing about being shameless wanting to have someone, the beat and rhythm of the song is the type of music that I like listening to during my work out most mornings.
Besides Usher, Chris Brown, Young Money and Drake from the early 2000's that are usual's. But right now wasn't the time or part of the motive for their type of music for tonight.

I haven't danced with Ariel since Sapphire needed a second dancer to be her partner after Dylan stupidly risk her safety more than his own. She hasn't been to most of the other parties that most people throw on campus which is understandable.

All freshmen are like school kids who always make sure that their homework and projects gets done and study for the next test.
So, Ariel being like that means little dancing together which is something I would curve for the last five parties that I've been dragged to by both Charlotte and Ryan.

Ariel is a natural dancer, she easily fall in movement with me and for every beat she was on point, dancing in the same way as I was. Being close to me without fear or having those walls of hers up and losing herself in the emotions that the song gives off flawlessly.
When the chorus came on again after the bridge, there was a shine in Ariel's eyes as she dance on her own, turning towards me and instinct I knew what she wanted to do, and I was ready for her.

At perfect timing, she shortly ran towards me, having my hands on her hips lifting her up in the air like I've done on the day she came to my house for the first time.
Which must be my favourite part, staring at her as she reaching her arms out in the most glorious way before I spin her mid-air until catching her in a bridal pose.

Spinning on the spot slowly for a moment before setting her down and kept her close to against me.
Both of us breathing heavily with smiles on our faces, our bodies filled with excitement and thriller even when the music stopped.

Her eyes were brighter than before, her smile wider and having her this close and dancing with her again is just magical and wonderful.
My gosh, I can dance with her all day long and not grow tired of it, she's the most brilliant dancer I've ever danced with before. Stephanie came close when she's not being a pain in the butt, but crikey hell, Ariel, she's. . . she's something else.

"What do you think of my skill of improvising now?" I could hear the tease in that little question of hers and man, it was bringing me to my knees. This girl cannot stop enjoy teasing me in so many ways whether she knew it or not, Ariel's good at teasing me.

Laughing lightly while swallowing tight before saying, "You. . . are the most gnarly dancer I've ever met." Gnarly, indeed.

The sound of clicking heels were coming from the other side of the room, "You both make a stunning dance partners which shows in great lengths."

Ah, of course Ms Ruby would still be here, normally she would be doing some paperwork during afterhours in her office. Most of the times, she would dance a little on her own, although she can't dance the same as she use to, because of the injury that caused her to stop.

Ariel moved so fast out of my arms that she could have been the Flash's daughter, looking shy and nervous to have Ms Ruby here to see us being so close, "Sorry, Mrs Robertson, we didn't know anyone was here."

Having a small smile as she waves a hand saying, "Oh, don't get worried, Ms Hawkins, it's quite alright."

Lightly nudging Ariel's shoulder when I said, "Well, of course there's no need to worry, Ms Ruby must have been finishing off the last bunch of paperwork when we got here."

Laughing while nodding her head with a wonderful smile on Ms Ruby's face, "Yes, I have."

Crossing her arms over her chest when asking a question which I have a feeling I knew what it was from the look in Ms Ruby's eyes, "And you still don't want to come back to Sapphire, Mr McLellan? We're seeming to be short on male dancers lately."

Scoffing with a small laugh before shaking my head slowly, "Like I have told you before, Ms Ruby, my heart is set on playing soccer and dance is just a hidden talent of mine."

Ms Ruby and Julie knows very well that I am happy playing soccer and my reasons why leaving Sapphire to focus more of it with Knights.
Both were and still very supportive with my decision, but it is understandable that they would miss me so much. I mean, I was very close into becoming their team's Caption instead of Billy.

Nodding her head while Ariel started becoming a little bit more relaxed than she has been before. But she still looked shy and edgy for some reason when Ms Ruby said, "Your solo that you've performed is absolutely beautiful, Ms Hawkins."

For a slit second, Ariel's eyes became different like they're turned Azure before going back to its normal shade of blue while her smile slightly harden, "Thank you, Mrs Robertson."

"It really is a pity that you don't desire to perform it to a bigger crowd of people. I'm sure a lot of them would have enjoyed it as much as Mr McLellan and I have." Ms Ruby said carefully, she's a very smart woman who has great people's skills and knows how to use them very wisely.

But the way Ariel bit her lips shortly with a different smile which shows me that she has made up her mind of the short listed of people who would see this dance ever. "Yes, it is a pity, Mrs Robertson. Maybe one day, I'll perform it."

A gentle, kind and understanding smile grow on Ms Ruby's face, "Well as much as I would love to see both of you's dancing in my studio, unfortunately it's now ten thirty and we all have a very busy day. So, goodnight Ms Hawkins and Mr McLellan."

Nodding our heads, I went to grab both our phones and Ariel's jean jacket from the DJ's table before giving Ms Ruby a hug which she returned, "Goodnight, Ms Ruby."

Patting my back before I grabbed Ariel's hand after I handed her phone back, walking both of us out as she greeted Ms Ruby, "Enjoy the rest of your evening, Mrs Robertson."

"Why can't you just call her by 'Ms Ruby', Ariel?" I asked as I opened the door and let her walk out first before taking her warm hand again. Walking the same path that we've followed to the studio, "I mean, it isn't that hard, you know."

Shrugging her shoulders while putting her jacket back on after taking it back from me before cheekily saying back to me, "Why can't you just call me by 'Jennifer', David? I mean, it isn't that hard, you know."

For a few hours we've been teasing each other on the way to the Dorm Building while drinking some bottled water for the two of us and must have been the best few hours of getting teased by a girl in a nonsexual way. But as we were climbing the last few steps and getting closer to her dorm room's door, I couldn't shake off this absurd random question at the back of my mind.

"Earth to David." Ariel waved her hand in front of my face, causing me to blink before looking to find her staring at me with confusion and a little bit of worry. "You zoned out a minute ago, you're feeling ok?"

"Yeah, I'm all good." I nodded which got rid of the slight concern in her eyes. While I becomes surprisingly shy in front of Ariel as I rubbed the back of my neck, "Can I ask you something?"

Nodding before putting her hands on top of her hips, giving me her whole attention as I asked almost awkwardly, "How was tonight for you?"

Shrugging her shoulders with a small smile, "Tonight was great, I really had a great time with you."
As much as that has made me feel good, it didn't feel so satisfying as I was hoping it would. I know that I've given the question a small warmup on to open Ariel up, it somehow wanted more than just that.

Clearing my throat before asking hesitatingly, "If it was. . . Carter who took you out tonight, if it was him that you've shown that stunning solo, if it was him that you were dancing together with instead of me, how would tonight feel- to you?"

Ariel's body became stiff and intense when I've asked that question which I knew would have happened.
She has only spoken about Carter when that night when she opened up to everyone. And the last thing that I wanted was to scare her in anyway, "Why are you asking me this?"

"Just being curious, I swear." I said quickly, walking almost too fast towards her when I took her hands in mine. Hoping that rubbing circles at the back of them would calm whatever emotions that she may be feeling.

The last time that I've said the wrong things to her, it cause Ariel to be more than upset towards me. But has also made her cry and that broke me in ways that nothing or no one has ever done before. "I don't want to hurt you or upset you, Ariel, I just - I just want to know what it was like to have Carter as your friend."

The way she looked at me is so difficult yet so easy at the same time, it was like two very different pictures at once. Her eyes were the same, but also different, there were these different emotions that shine through them, making it hard to know what was going through her head.

For what felt like ages were only minutes before she finally sigh, "I don't understand fully why you're asking me this, but it's not every day a friend ask me about my last one days with Carter."

Hearing that allowed me to let go of a sigh of relief which I didn't even know that I was holding until now. I waited patiently when Ariel said honestly,

"If I was with Carter tonight, it would have felt like a normal night for me. Sometimes we would hung out like this and have loads of fun. But tonight, being with you, wasn't like being with him. . . tonight was entirely diverse and completely wonderful."

A huge wave of happiness and delight rushed over me that my cheeks started hurting from the wide smile which was reflecting itself off from Ariel's face, "So, thank you for tonight, David. I really appreciated it."

"Your welcome, Ariel." I said, feeling like I've won the biggest jackpot that no guy on campus could ever get.
But then, my curiosity was coming to the front when I notice Ariel's eyes changing again and this time it isn't turning into Azure or Cobalt. No, this was a very different shade of blue which I have only seen once before, but I can't remember where or when.

My mind was having a trouble time focusing as Ariel was stepping closer towards me. Slowly moving her hands up my arms which somehow was bringing back that unknown taggers in my gut.
Which all feels so familiar to me, seeing her eyes being that shade, I think it's Lapis, but this is darker than that. Maybe it's Navy blue, but it's a bit darker than that as well, although it kinda look like some shade of purple, I thin- wait.

INDIGO!! That's the same shade of blue that I saw Ariel's eyes changed when she won't kiss me, and the taggers are the last things I felt before she shut me down.
Her hands were close to being on top of my shoulders when I quickly took them off with a small chuckle, "Must say Ariel, you have quite a devilish side of yours that don't get seen often."

And just like that, the Indigo was gone from her eyes which cause my heart to cry for it, having that smirk from before, "You know that song Devil in Disguise by Elvis Presley?"

Nodding my head slowly while loosen my grab her hands as I listen, "Well, my second name, 'Anela' is Hawaiian for Angel. So, in a sense, I'm named after that song."

Chuckling lightly as I was enjoying this more than anything else. Seeing this little side of Ariel that she loves to hide from everyone is so entertaining, so pleasuring, "Well, I got played by you once, Ariel. I don't think a second time is necessary."

Nodding her head with that smirk of hers still on as she stepped back, "Fair enough."

Turning towards her door while looking for her key in that little bag of hers, giving me a great view of her. Which dared me to step closer as Ariel was still in search of her key, by the time that she has found them and put them into the keyhole, my hands were already on top of her hips.

"Look like an angel." I said as I slowly and gently turned her around back to me. I barely know the full song, only the first line of the verse, but now it didn't matter, not when I was close to Ariel like this.

I notice how nervous she became from how her body slightly tense up until I caress circles on her sides. "Walk and talk like an angel. Hiding your little devilish side of yours all too well from others."

Stepping a little bit closer, causing Ariel to take a step back until her back was against the door which is exactly where I wanted her to be, "You have been fooling me too, you know. I thought that you could never have a part of yourself that is anything like this until now."

I think the soft circles and little talk that I was doing was drawing that shade of blue out. Like a fisherman who has a juicy worm on his hock seeking a marvellous fish to take home.

But I needed more than circles, lightly moving my left hand up her waist before moving it under her jacket. Lightly drawing line on her back which caused Ariel's breath to hitched in her throat, "You are full of surprises, Ariel. One of the many things that I enjoy so much about you. How much it keeps me on my toes whenever I'm around you."

She kept opening and closing her mouth as if she's trying to speak, but can't get the right words. And it seem that my hand on her back was helping out a little bit, but it still wasn't enough.
So, I slowly lean my face closer to hers which cause her to breathe a little bit deeper than she had before.
Causing the blue in her eyes to turn from Lapis to Navy, meaning that I was getting closer than I was with the circles. Leaning closer to her like this, the scent of mixed berries, apple and the fresh mint that Rickie's Dine gave along with the bill is close to causing me to use control over myself.

You're nothing like any person who I've ever met before, Ariel. I nearly whispered those forbidden words to her as my lips lightly brushed against hers which are soft as they look. Which got me what I wanted, seeing that Indigo shade shining through her eyes brought me more pleasure than anything or any girl has ever done before.

Leaning slightly back as I ran my lips across her cheek until I got to her ear to whisper softly to her, "That's what it feels like to be teased by a beautiful human being who has wings of an Angel and charms of a Devil."

After saying that, Ariel almost fell into me, breathing in and out deeply before letting out a chuckle which got one out of me as well. Unlocking the door for her before she looked up towards me, speaking almost breathlessly, "Well played, David."

"Likewise, Anela." Her second name rolls off my tongue quite nicely and by the looks of it, it seems that Ariel agrees too. Her Indigo eyes haven't waved from its shade like it had the last time that we were like this while she opens her door.
Walking into her room backwards, not taking her eyes off me for one second while greeting, "Goodnight David. Thank you again for tonight."

Smiling widely while nodding my head, "Your welcome, goodnight Ariel."

Sighing deeply, that Indigo shade fading away slowly instead of disappearing like last time which is nice. Slowly closing her door with that same smile before saying, "Sweet dreams, David."

Bloody oath, even hearing her say my name is bringing me to my knees. "Sweet dreams, Anela." I started walking away when her door was slightly closed. Heading back to my dorm room, I was smiling like a clown through the hallway and I didn't mind at all.

When I got to my room, it was light out for Ryan who I found snoozing in his bed which was odd, but left it for tomorrow chat. While I was in the shower, I was humming Shameless before singing the chorus of Nobody as I was getting dressed.

As I was falling asleep, Devil in Disguise was the only song that I'd watched on YouTube. Then in my dreams, that same song was being played as I watched a beautiful Ariel dressed in white and red sway to the music.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319 5 40
Alicia Verqueros is 16 and has just started grade 11. She's a bit of a hopeless romantic but knows she'll never have a high school boyfriend. She jus...
2.3K 856 48
When Diane is offered the chance to dance for a popular band in New York, she accepts the offer on one condition... to keep it a secret from everyone...
11.7M 519K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
1.3K 13 11
Alicia Williams is a normal girl who has a crush on a nerd, unpopular, and geeky boy name Chris who is her best friend that lives 6 doors away from h...